AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Zero no Tsukaima

Notices

Old 2006-08-10, 19:31   Link #481
myopius

Yeah, reading this thread it seems people have noticed the similarity of Tabitha to Nagato, so no need to comment on that. The Staff's "identity" was a lot like how Buffy dispatched a certain minor supervillain in the second season of BtVS, so it would've been cooler if I hadn't been spoiled to that concept.

However, still very excellent. Overall, I'm not sure how I feel about this series, other than that I wish the tone was a bit more serious/professional, as that's how I like plots involving life and death situations in my anime. In any case, I will continue watching!
myopius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-10, 19:51   Link #482
garra113
CaramellDansen!!!

Yea does anyone have any wallpapers? I am too lazy to look in the recent pages and i wish they make a current discussion series about this anime >.>
garra113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-10, 20:03   Link #483
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
Spoiler:
Spoiler for the Staff of Destruction:
Old 2006-08-10, 20:27   Link #484
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by garra113
... i wish they make a current discussion series about this anime >.>
Sorry about that. I failed you. I take full responsibility.

To make up for my indiscretion, I'll go through this thread, page, by page, by page and pull some images that might work as wallpapers. Click the thumbnail images below for the larger version.

There are a few that might work. A cursory search of the 'Net didn't yield much. The show is fairly new, so a full quiver of wallpapers might be a few weeks away as more wallpaper artists are exposed to Zero no Tsukaima and take time out of their short, measly lives to give us something to stare at.
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-10, 20:34   Link #485
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maids! Maids! Maids!
Spoiler for the Staff of Destruction:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-08-10, 22:19   Link #486
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO Send a message via Skype™ to Onizuka-GTO
vietnam it is then, mind you I just realised why he remind me of that conflict, it was the helmet, that gave it away.
Old 2006-08-10, 22:30   Link #487
hoon
7ON

Spoiler:

Other than that, nice episode. I hope the series don't get melodramatic, though. I'd hate it if the series get all lovey dovey, making the comedy level drop a notch.
hoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-10, 23:11   Link #488
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Spoiler:

I was disappointed a bit that Louise didn't pull off anything hax like she did back at the school. Uwuuuu, six episodes already. The series is half done!
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-10, 23:16   Link #489
uruchai
"You'll be blessed!"

ep6 is a really good episode. 4 out of a possible 5 stars for me.

someone commented it "felt short"; and I agree. when watching this series it seems like the episode goes by so fast. maybe it's because of that transition effect (the wipe away) they use in between scenes, or the story's just a little fast-paced... not that I'm complaining though.

so, we finally get to learn that Saito is INDEED looking for a way back. he's just not going all angsty/whiny about it. I was a bit surprised when the *slap* occured. it's like he never hesitated (that's a small revenge there!)

Louise was adorable during the dance scene. Tabitha also looked cute while cutting that piece of meat (at least that shows her difference from Yuki. Tabitha seems to have a bigger appetite than out Data Integrity something-something).

too bad no Siesta-Saito scenes though
uruchai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-10, 23:34   Link #490
Seiryuu

I can finally see a trace of dere in the previously tsuntsun-overkill L0. Nice to know that she can react with something other than jealousy and denial. Seriously too bad that there's so few eps. Definitely gotta find a novel translation soon
As for the Staff of Destruction,
Spoiler:
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-10, 23:44   Link #491
kct
Walk dat crank yo

Send a message via MSN to kct
Spoiler:
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 00:14   Link #492
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kct
Spoiler:
Novel spoilers
Spoiler:

In anycase, getting a F-4E Phantom II off the ground would be nearly impossible, but megahax nonetheless. Working toilets would be ultrahax, IMO.

I wouldn't be surprised if they have vanished civilizations ZOMG! Atlantis!</sarcasm>
How about the possibility of things being summoned here? Is there some sort of gate where one would have to perform something taboo in order to gain knowledge of it?
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 10:14   Link #493
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO Send a message via Skype™ to Onizuka-GTO
Well, I think we will be witnessing some nice "flying" by Saito soon enough, judging by a certain Aircraft popping up in the opening animation.
Old 2006-08-11, 10:19   Link #494
Skane
Anime Snark

Question

[Whimsical]
His runes enables him to operate vehicles as well???? Anything that is mechanical? How about an electrical egg-beater? Will it transform into an Egg-Beater of Arse-Whipping +4?

How about butterknives... butterknives can be weapons too, right? Will he become an elite butterknife-throwing ninja? Or maybe forks! Everybody loves fork-throwing!
[/Whimsical]
Old 2006-08-11, 12:32   Link #495
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane
[Whimsical]
His runes enables him to operate vehicles as well???? Anything that is mechanical? How about an electrical egg-beater? Will it transform into an Egg-Beater of Arse-Whipping +4?

How about butterknives... butterknives can be weapons too, right? Will he become an elite butterknife-throwing ninja? Or maybe forks! Everybody loves fork-throwing!
[/Whimsical]
I'm trying to picture Saito running around with a mechanical butterknife in a society that may not have flush toilets.

Very possibly, this world was held back technologically by its reliance on magic. Only a small group of elites (the nobility) and an even smaller group of rogues have access to magic. Presumably, the commoners make up the vast majority of the population, and their lives must be fairly primitive and unpleasant. I smell a metaphor.

Spoiler for pondering:
Old 2006-08-11, 14:35   Link #496
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Spoiler:
Old 2006-08-11, 16:28   Link #497
Mephisto2k
anime4life

It was pretty obvious who was the thief, but i was a bit buffed to see how good saito can handle a bazoka. But finally theres some development. It was a bit cheezy, but louise looked pretty good in that dress in the end of the episode.
Mephisto2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 17:40   Link #498
wrex_japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane
[Whimsical]

[/Whimsical]
His rune doesn't necessarily allow him to operate things mechanical; it allows him to use any type of weapon (at least in the novel; the anime is being inconsistent with this). A butterknife is too dull to be considered a weapon, probably, so it wouldn't activate his rune, I'd imagine.
wrex_japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 17:47   Link #499
wrex_japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Youth
Spoiler:
Spoiler for novel spoilers regarding Gundolf:
wrex_japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 18:57   Link #500
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrex_japan
Spoiler for novel spoilers regarding Gundolf:
That's simple; Fouquet saw the rune as it was being discussed by Corbet and Osman before she left the room. The rune meant Gundolf, as it's not a random set of lines but is an actual word/name.

Tags
adventure, comedy, ecchi, fantasy, j.c. staff, magic, romance, shounen, tsundere