AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Zero no Tsukaima

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-12-22, 09:30   Link #681
justsomeguy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Wow, you actually managed to get a bunch of things wrong there. For one, my use of "dorks" was obviously an overexagerrated thought, and I never once actually called anybody that online, on this topic or any other topic. Two, I didn't say anything about "suxorz". I was making an exagerrated quote of what the haters say about the second season. Oh, and btw, the "condescending tone" was actually a bit of something that a lot of people use called "sarcasm". Sometimes people take it the right way, other times not so much. You're obviously the latter. Now, please get your facts and interpretation straight.
Unfortunately for you, Animesuki is not where those people lurk. Your sarcasm has no context here, and your use of it in responding to my post was an insult by implying that I was one of those people.

Quote:
"Standalone season", eh? So why did Tiffiana appear as a "shadowy character" with no explanation as to who or what she was? Why are the bad guys still undefeated? I think you're the one who needs to face facts.
Tiffania was introduced... as a deus ex machina who saved the day, and disappeared. Explain to me why JC Staff chose to show Saito being resurrected, and then every ends happily, instead of something like Tiffania standing over his body or something. As for the opposing army, they are undefeated because up until the last episode nobody actually tried to fight them!
Quote:
"No continuing storyline"?

Tiffiana remains unintroduced, let alone explained.

The bad guys remain.

SaitoxLouise has yet to be fully resolved.

Just to name a few big ones.
see above.
Quote:
Wow, talk about changing the subject. How about you stay on point, huh? The third season hasn't even aired, so how the heck is anybody supposed to know how good it is? Plus, why are we talking about what shows make other shows look like? I thought we were talking about the second season, not how the unaired third season makes it look, or how other series-es look due to their sequels...

Furthermore whatever I think about Nanoha StrikerS or ZZ has nothing to do with this show, because they're different shows. You see, this is one of the things a troll does. He brings up stuff about unrelated subjects just to have something more to talk about. You're starting to sound more like D-KLAC in the Gundam section.

Well, it's obvious that talking to you is like talking to a brick wall that rabidly bites anybody near it, so I'll just leave you alone now. I really don't have the tolerance for hater fanboys and the like. It's like listening to all those rabid, trolling, anti-Transformer movie fanboys. *shiver*
A moron like you does not even know it when somebody is pointing out the flaws in your stupid logic. If you want to argue that a good sequel can retroactively make a bad prequel good, then why do you not accept that bad sequels would wreck good prequels? Fine then, tell me this: If Fukuda somehow makes a good Seed movie, then would that make Destiny a good show?

You are the troll: you apply logic inconsistently, accuse others of trolling, and dismiss others countering your flawed argument as being irrelevant.
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-22, 09:58   Link #682
mist2123
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: M.U
Send a message via AIM to mist2123
Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
Unfortunately for you, Animesuki is not where those people lurk. Your sarcasm has no context here, and your use of it in responding to my post was an insult by implying that I was one of those people.


Tiffania was introduced... as a deus ex machina who saved the day, and disappeared. Explain to me why JC Staff chose to show Saito being resurrected, and then every ends happily, instead of something like Tiffania standing over his body or something. As for the opposing army, they are undefeated because up until the last episode nobody actually tried to fight them!

see above.

A moron like you does not even know it when somebody is pointing out the flaws in your stupid logic. If you want to argue that a good sequel can retroactively make a bad prequel good, then why do you not accept that bad sequels would wreck good prequels? Fine then, tell me this: If Fukuda somehow makes a good Seed movie, then would that make Destiny a good show?

You are the troll: you apply logic inconsistently, accuse others of trolling, and dismiss others countering your flawed argument as being irrelevant.
You guys need another topic before you try to kill each other.
mist2123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-22, 15:32   Link #683
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by mist2123 View Post
You guys need another topic before you try to kill each other.
No need, I'm already moving on. I haven't even looked at his reply, nor have I any intention of looking at it. It's useless talking to a rabid hater.
__________________
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-22, 16:57   Link #684
justsomeguy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
No need, I'm already moving on. I haven't even looked at his reply, nor have I any intention of looking at it. It's useless talking to a rabid hater.
Thank god he's ready to give up. It's useless talking to mindless fanboy.
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-22, 18:54   Link #685
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
Thank god he's ready to give up. It's useless talking to mindless fanboy.
Lol, way to speak like a trolling sore loser, trying to get in the last word and trying to make yourself "look cool" like that. At least I had the courtesy to try to walk away without stabbing you in the back. (although that courtesy is gone now) Ah well, it's not like I care too much about what haters say, hence why I'm not bothering to keep up with your hate.

Oh and fyi, I'm not a fanboy, ZnT isn't even a super-top anime for me, so it just goes to show how horrible you are at understanding things. And "mindless" means I can't think about anything, which I clearly do. I suggest you execute a better use of words next time. Of course, I don't expect much from somebody who can't even interpret what I say correctly.

*walks away from the hopeless hater*
__________________
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-22, 19:37   Link #686
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Age: 25
Let's calm down, kk?

The uhh...supposed greatness of season 3 is really a coin toss. For one, they just used the really good part of the novels (yes, badly). -___- The rest is *really* mostly harem, save for the Tabitha arc.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-22, 20:03   Link #687
justsomeguy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Lol, way to speak like a trolling sore loser, trying to get in the last word and trying to make yourself "look cool" like that. At least I had the courtesy to try to walk away without stabbing you in the back. (although that courtesy is gone now) Ah well, it's not like I care too much about what haters say, hence why I'm not bothering to keep up with your hate.

Oh and fyi, I'm not a fanboy, ZnT isn't even a super-top anime for me, so it just goes to show how horrible you are at understanding things. And "mindless" means I can't think about anything, which I clearly do. I suggest you execute a better use of words next time. Of course, I don't expect much from somebody who can't even interpret what I say correctly.

*walks away from the hopeless hater*
Of course I'm not gonna let you have the last word. After all, why should I walk away from a argument about a show I want to like with a guy who passionately defends a show he doesn't give a damn about?

*stays until evil lawyer leaves*
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-22, 21:15   Link #688
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
Of course I'm not gonna let you have the last word. After all, why should I walk away from a argument about a show I want to like with a guy who passionately defends a show he doesn't give a damn about?
Because you're not making any headway whatsoever, and it's just petty posturing on both of your parts. You're both more interested in speaking your opinions than in meeting each other half-way, and nothing either of you say to each other is going to change that. It's apparently impossible for you both to keep the points from getting personal, and that's a problem. When an argument turns personal, both sides lose. So now is the time to walk away from the argument. It's over.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-23, 02:30   Link #689
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Because you're not making any headway whatsoever, and it's just petty posturing on both of your parts. You're both more interested in speaking your opinions than in meeting each other half-way, and nothing either of you say to each other is going to change that. It's apparently impossible for you both to keep the points from getting personal, and that's a problem. When an argument turns personal, both sides lose. So now is the time to walk away from the argument. It's over.
Lol, yeah you just summed up what this has turned into pretty dang well. So yeah, I'm done. I guess I just got a bit more irked over this than I usually do. All the anti-Transformer movie hate I've seen recently on other forums probably didn't help me... >.>
__________________
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-23, 10:48   Link #690
justsomeguy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Whatever, I have no desire to continue this argument, which I wouldn't gotten into had I not felt that I was being lumped in with those groups of people who hate anything popular with no good reason.
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 17:03   Link #691
f4bidnish40
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Send a message via AIM to f4bidnish40 Send a message via Yahoo to f4bidnish40
um..... I know this is random.....

Please read my zero no tsukaima fanfic here.......

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3717209/...Zeros_Drabbles

Summary: Random drabblings concerning the lives and mishaps of Louise, Saito, Henrietta, and etc. Hinted pairings now and then. Some characters may go OOC, but this is often intentional. R&R!
f4bidnish40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 15:58   Link #692
Meiaminkbell
Lover of Elfen Ears
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: In Your Mind
Send a message via AIM to Meiaminkbell
Did you just try to plug your fanfiction?

Seriously, go to a thread dedicated for such a thing and don'tpost randomly like this.
Meiaminkbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 21:24   Link #693
animex1
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
this anime is actually all about war.
the void mage and her powerful familiar who can use any weapon just by touching it to protect her while she casts her devastating spells...
seriously the sole purpose of magic in this anime seems to be destroy and kill
animex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-28, 14:53   Link #694
crystalalien87
Louise Fanatic
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
who thinks there will be another season beyond the 3rd based on the novel? like if the series had to be placed in the novel where would it stand

just an example...(like novel 6 ends with the second series?)...

cuz from the sounds of the novel they think it might be ending soon...and since alot of stuff was cut out ...(im not sure just going off by reading the threads)
crystalalien87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-28, 16:25   Link #695
Darknemo2000
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lithuania
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Very unrealistic since the points that are missing are actually about character development and some deeper insight and that thing is banned from the anime and replaced by the tit-jokes instead if they would start to include all the stuff they missed they would change the anime significantly.

Face it anime is mostly random tit-jokes all around with some war in the background.

Novels are much more ofcourse but they were going steadily and anime seems to ignore the most serious parts of novels to keep it light.

Besides including some stuff is unrealistic by the plot itself, you would need to bring Wales back again so that he and Saito would have that talk, or let Saito die again but this time it wouldn't be a two minutes "Zomg I was saved by random big-tits elf! Beat me up!" ending...

Seems too much of work to do. The most parts that were cut are now cut for good as you cannot find them place into the storyline again...

So if they would lack the material to finish they will start replaying tit-jokes over and over again, rather than adding the material that was skipped.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-28, 16:56   Link #696
Oxtail
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: So Cal
While I think the novels are vastly superior to the anime, I think we have to accept that most people were drawn to this series by the anime. I know I'd never known about the light novels until I went looking for an anime like Shana. Many then went on to read more about the novels at baka-tsuki and become even bigger fans. Like it or not, the anime is how ZnT is going to build a bigger fanbase.

As such I really hope they do a good job. This story is one of my favorites currently going and I'd like to see it get more attention than it currently does.

Yes, they screwed up book #8, but they can redeem themselves by correcting some of their mistakes in season 3. At least that's the attitude I'm approaching the new season with.
Oxtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-28, 19:15   Link #697
crystalalien87
Louise Fanatic
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
ROFL that is very true but ill admit it does seem that way for all anime shows...i recently watched and read Dears and although it was a funny series the book was more enjoyable... Im pretty happy i found this show on accident and i was really surprised to find so many fans... This show is actually my 2nd favorite show... I wish i could read japanese so i could read the novels but i cant ... As for the ending... it left me with a satisfied feeling...



Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
"Zomg I was saved by random big-tits elf! Beat me up!" ending...
crystalalien87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-28, 20:11   Link #698
serenade_beta
マジ天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalalien87 View Post
who thinks there will be another season beyond the 3rd based on the novel? like if the series had to be placed in the novel where would it stand

just an example...(like novel 6 ends with the second series?)...

cuz from the sounds of the novel they think it might be ending soon...and since alot of stuff was cut out ...(im not sure just going off by reading the threads)
Me~

The 2nd season ended at volume 8-9. If 3rd season ends at 12-13, then a fourth season can do the end. Yay~
__________________

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-30, 04:47   Link #699
Potatochobit
Certified Organic
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
finally had a chance to sit down and watch both seasons back to back for the first time.

I have two strong feelings about this show.

great character designs.

and one of the most horrible script writings ever done.

I can't say I'm looking forward to season three with all this random enemy character crap they've been pushing on us.

although, if siesta is in season 3 I'm sure I could stomach it

now here are a few complaints I'd like to get out so you can share my point of view some

matilda- strong character design, strong background story, weak implementation. almost offensive even. the first six episodes or so focus on her, then suddenly they just put her in jail and thats it? now shes some sort of comedic lackey for the bad guys? very very poor writing.
vice versa
school superintendent- obviously the head master has hidden techniques. well, in a good story he does, this show, he's just a perverted old geezer. seriously, thats all he is. complete waste, why is he even in the show except to hand out lame tasks for the students to do?

what they should have done: matilda is not really the enemy. she is working with the headmaster in secret to find out something important or test/prepare the students for a major event yet to come.

I'll stop there with the bad aspect of the characters. what I want to talk about next is an even more horrendous problem.

the story.

any anime show that needs to resort to girls being sexually assaulted in order to provoke feelings from the audience is a show with problems. Why even go here? am I watching a horror flick? do I see blood splattered everywhere? then why would I want to hear about this? I did not pick up zero no tsukaima to feel disgusted. I'm not saying we all have to walk around with lollipops, sure, the two or three scenes were minor at best, but you need to decide beforehand who your audience is, and I say it was off the mark.

the BIGGEST problem with the story: why go to war? why? completely irrelevant. pointless. you honestly cannot think of a single thing to write about with 4 hot girls at a magic school? give me a break, even negima was able to at least compose something workable. because of this stupid war plot
#1- the supporting character stories are left behind.
#2- it damages the credibility of the main characters and introduces problems of having to bring in more useless characters.

am I the only person who noticed saito was completely out of character at the end of season 2? it felt like because the story was so weak, they had to change the characters norms in order to introduce some type of drama.

what I liked about the show-
tabitha- needs more tabitha. this character has all the makings of what 'should' be interesting in this type of show. and NO, not tabitha slaying more dragons, needs more tabitha learning to socialize once again.

later on I found I liked the monmon girl. sure, give her more things to be involved with.

being able to go between worlds. this leaves room for a lot of plot devices. too bad it wasn't really used. this includes objects coming back and forth. who new a household blender could be the magical alchemist stone of zarusa.

louise's sisters. yeah they had a LOT of potential. needs much more of them.

anyway, I would say the overall series is only C+ -ish. even though MFI stories tend to be corporate cash ins, I was expecting more out of this series. MFI has made some amazing shows in the past, its a shame this one just couldnt be one of them.
__________________
*Retired*
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-30, 13:27   Link #700
gugumomu
the hedgehog
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: somewhere over the rainbow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit View Post
finally had a chance to sit down and watch both seasons back to back for the first time.

I have two strong feelings about this show.

great character designs.

and one of the most horrible script writings ever done.

I can't say I'm looking forward to season three with all this random enemy character crap they've been pushing on us.

although, if siesta is in season 3 I'm sure I could stomach it

now here are a few complaints I'd like to get out so you can share my point of view some

matilda- strong character design, strong background story, weak implementation. almost offensive even. the first six episodes or so focus on her, then suddenly they just put her in jail and thats it? now shes some sort of comedic lackey for the bad guys? very very poor writing.
.
.
.
you cant dissect the ZnT story on the anime only. you need some background knowledge from the novels, even if the anime is/should be standalone.
you are 100% right on one thing, even without reading the novels: "great character designs. and one of the most horrible script writings ever done. "
__________________
gugumomu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
adventure, comedy, ecchi, fantasy, j.c. staff, magic, romance, shounen, tsundere

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:23.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.