AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2003-12-15, 20:48   Link #1
ChouOishii

a question for people reading the raw manga

hey, just started buying the naruto manga and so far I've found it really easy to read in japanese (I've taken 5 semesters of japanese in college so far). Then I went and tried to read the memory arc of kenshin (which I bought a while ago just to have ^^; ) and found the dialogue to be nearly incomprehensible.

so I'm just wondering, for those of you reading the manga as it comes out or who have a good knowledge of japanese, what is the level of naruto? like is it intended for 5th-graders? early high school? what? ^^;
ChouOishii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-16, 01:32   Link #2
Blue*Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChouOishii
hey, just started buying the naruto manga and so far I've found it really easy to read in japanese (I've taken 5 semesters of japanese in college so far). Then I went and tried to read the memory arc of kenshin (which I bought a while ago just to have ^^; ) and found the dialogue to be nearly incomprehensible.

so I'm just wondering, for those of you reading the manga as it comes out or who have a good knowledge of japanese, what is the level of naruto? like is it intended for 5th-graders? early high school? what? ^^;
hhmm what do you mean? Naruto hid ninja level. Well at the end of the manga you can say he is a shinobi en hokage. Sounds strange that i say, but there will always comes someone stronger than naruto.

PS: I'am a manga reader not raw manga
Old 2003-12-16, 01:51   Link #3
ChouOishii

umm, I meant the reading level of the manga, not the power level of the character --;
ChouOishii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-16, 08:31   Link #4
Dragon Flame
Wet Kimimaro Love

Send a message via ICQ to Dragon Flame
i dont think anyone on the forum reads the RAW manga, except for maybe Kiva, but id say its prolly geared towards mid to late teenagers, whatever reading level group that would be in japan
Old 2003-12-16, 12:41   Link #5
Blue*Dragon

i think that it are the most peoples around the 20 years old.

K, maby if there are japanese registrated here, than would it make a different.
Old 2003-12-16, 14:03   Link #6
whatever123

Send a message via MSN to whatever123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Flame
i dont think anyone on the forum reads the RAW manga, except for maybe Kiva, but id say its prolly geared towards mid to late teenagers, whatever reading level group that would be in japan
i agree with dragon flame i advise ChouOishii to post the same quistion in toriyama world they were one of the first who subbed naruto so probably u'll find what u're looking 4 in thier forum
Old 2004-01-13, 13:29   Link #7
Reina

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever123
i agree with dragon flame i advise ChouOishii to post the same quistion in toriyama world they were one of the first who subbed naruto so probably u'll find what u're looking 4 in thier forum
Actually, I would say the manga is geared toward middle school students.. after all, the comic is published in ShonenJump, and Shounen=young boy.

Anyway, you can tell because there is furigana(phonetic readings) for all the kanji, which is not there in adult/high school age comics.

I would say the anime is for even younger groups.. though I know a lot of adults who read Jump too.

-Reina
Reina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-13, 13:39   Link #8
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reina
.. though I know a lot of adults who read Jump too.
*yeah, I'm 21* Hats off to you as most (not all) people read the English version of Manga!
Old 2004-01-13, 15:55   Link #9
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
that has to be a lie... has to... has to please never say that again for my mental stability.

I think the reading level is very easy, I a 1 year HIGH SCHOOL student get alot of what they are saying (but not many of the fine details) never read arc of kenshin though. is it a doushinji (whatever...) or is it a "real" one
Old 2004-01-13, 16:29   Link #10
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Naruto is relatively easy to read (that depend of the chapter thought), the memory arc of Kenshin was much more difficult because the characters had an old way of speaking to show that it was in the past.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-13, 16:36   Link #11
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
Naruto is relatively easy to read (that depend of the chapter thought), the memory arc of Kenshin was much more difficult because the characters had an old way of speaking to show that it was in the past.
He's right. Believe Hunter-san

Naruto's a shonen, and like every shonen, it's published for boys between 12-16 years old or so. Although a lot of older people enjoy it too.
Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote