AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2007-05-05, 13:19   Link #41
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishka View Post
I don't know if this is true or not but according to wikipedia.org, Karas: The Revelation will be released in September of this year! What's taking them so long! afterall it's only 3 more episodes! It's been so long that I've forgotten what the series was about!
I'd trust Ask John over wiki anyday.

The R1 official website just says "coming soon".
Old 2007-05-10, 22:02   Link #42
mishka

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I'd trust Ask John over wiki anyday.

The R1 official website just says "coming soon".
That website HAS BEEN saying "coming soon" for over a year now!
mishka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-11, 14:48   Link #43
kazi_kage
Life Liver

Send a message via AIM to kazi_kage Send a message via Skype™ to kazi_kage
I love the piggy.....and I love Karas even more!!!!!
kazi_kage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-12, 13:19   Link #44
Shewolf of Ga

I'm not sure of the exact release date for it, but I did pre-order a copy of Karas: the Revelation from rightstuf.com. Karas is one of my favorite pieces. I can watch it over and over and not get bored.
Shewolf of Ga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-12, 14:07   Link #45
Jiji
*Scanlator

FWIW, someone earlier in this thread spoke about the obstacles in Japan for the show, but I've also heard the the holdup of the R1 release also has to do with the availability of the voice actors, esp. Matthew Lillard. Drives me crazy, personally b/c I've never cared about the English dub--I watch all my R1 DVDs in Nippon audio and subtitles. In cases like this, I sometimes wish they'd release a version early with just the subs and then re-release the dubbed version a few months later. Not likely! :P
Jiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-12, 14:17   Link #46
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

That's sad. The dub is slowing this down.

Oh well. As long as uncut Karas is available with English subtitles (6 OVAs and not 2 movies), I can wait.
Old 2007-05-20, 18:16   Link #47
BiZz
God ?

Is there an OST for KARAS ?

I like somes songs :3
BiZz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-20, 18:59   Link #48
kayos
RETIRED

If your looking for the ending theme for Karas look for Rurutia album Primary. The ending theme is called Serenite.

I'm not sure if there's a soundtrack but her album's (Primary) pretty good (contain Serenite).
kayos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-20, 19:50   Link #49
Yorae_paladin1

Question to those who know the story.

Was Eko a human before he became a karas? or a demon who became a karas? I know otoha is a human who became a karas but was he the first human to become one or have there been other chosen humans.
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-21, 20:50   Link #50

I live in Maryland and i recently ran into Karas on the Action Channel via Comcast digital cable. It was dubbed and poorly subbed when needed; there was a lot of untranslated text that left me kind of clueless.

The visuals were amazing, I just need to go back to understand the damn thing.
100587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-21, 21:20   Link #51
Jiji
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100587 View Post
I live in Maryland and i recently ran into Karas on the Action Channel via Comcast digital cable. It was dubbed and poorly subbed when needed; there was a lot of untranslated text that left me kind of clueless.

The visuals were amazing, I just need to go back to understand the damn thing.
I'm not completely sure of this, but the version shown on cable is the same as the DVD release, I think. In any event, I was curious about the signs, so I froze the frame and dragged out my kanji dictionary and figured them out. None of the un-translated signs say anything important or revealing that I can recall. Maybe someone more knowledgeable than me knows better, tho...

Still, the visuals--yeah! The fluidity of the armored Karas' movements were extremely human-like for what seemed like the first time to me. Of course, I'm not a gamer, so maybe it's been that good for a while now. I just remember that the recent Appleseed CGI movie wasn't this good.

[edit]
Yorae's question: I don't know, but I recall for some reason that even Ekou was a human once, back in the Edo period. Dunno where I read that...
Old 2007-05-21, 21:30   Link #52
runpsicat
Engrishator
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ueda View Post
Yorae's question: I don't know, but I recall for some reason that even Ekou was a human once, back in the Edo period. Dunno where I read that...
You probably saw that on the English wikipedia entry for KARAS. The Japanese site's character section states that Ekou had been chosen to be a Karas but then regained his "name" (i.e. a Karas no longer). Now a heavyweight in the financial sector, he has since then contributed to the rise of modern Shinjuku and developed a new suit of Karas armor. It's been a long while since I've watched KARAS episodes, but I believe Yurines choose humans to be Karas for the city they represent.

Last edited by runpsicat; 2007-05-22 at 01:30.
runpsicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-21, 22:22   Link #53
Jiji
*Scanlator

Oh, it's by city. That clears up some things for me, thx runrun. :P For a while, I just assumed there was supposed to be only one Karas, then I thought maybe one Karas per country/continent/something. By city makes sense.

But another question: Ekou may have developed a Karas suit and all that, but has there ever been any explanation for how or why he has a Yurine in that tank? I assume she's the source of his power as a rogue Karas...

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-05-22 at 01:19. Reason: naughty
Old 2007-05-22, 00:06   Link #54
runpsicat
Engrishator
*Fansubber

"Runrun"? o.o Do I know you from somewhere?

Yeah, there is a Yurine per city and each Yurine carries out her city's will. I think in episode 3, the second Karas (a female) argues with her Yurine about whether she can butt in to save Otoha, and her Yurine tells her that they can't take action outside of their city/territory/purview. I guess this series is like a dark urban fairy tale and cities are semisentient supraorganisms or something.

There's no explanation about the captive Yurine yet. Since Ekou is based in Shinjuku and he's been killing the Karas of Shinjuku, maybe this means Yurines can be replaced as well if the current one becomes incapacitated for one reason or the other. Thankfully, it looks like Tatsunoko is pulling through and will be releasing the rest of the episodes soon (I think there's a R1 DVD release slated for September in the US), so we'll find out about the rest of the plot... eventually. For a while, I had my doubts.

And er, I don't think you're supposed to mention subbing groups with licensed series here... >_>

Last edited by runpsicat; 2007-05-22 at 01:29. Reason: glaring grammatical errors
runpsicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-25, 14:12   Link #55
Kristian

Send a message via MSN to Kristian
Karas episode 4 screens...
http://www.ppvj.co.jp/anime/0706karas/index.html
Kristian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-25, 14:48   Link #56
BiZz
God ?

Man ! When will this episode come out ?
BiZz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-25, 16:10   Link #57
Blackula_Jonez

only a couple months to wait, the prophecy is always fun to watch with the surround sound cranked and nobody else in the house
Blackula_Jonez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-29, 18:31   Link #58
SolidMGSnake
High Definition

Send a message via AIM to SolidMGSnake Send a message via MSN to SolidMGSnake Send a message via Yahoo to SolidMGSnake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackula_Jonez View Post
only a couple months to wait, the prophecy is always fun to watch with the surround sound cranked and nobody else in the house
hah. Yeap! Did the samething when everybody in the house left. The opening scenes and fight scenes sounded great! Props to the audio designers and music composer
Old 2007-06-11, 18:00   Link #59
Kisuke06
I see...

So, according to AnimeBlade(a Portuguese site)episodes 4, 5 and 6 will be available on:

4 - 08/24/2007
5 - 09/28/2007
6 - 10/26/2007
Old 2007-06-11, 18:23   Link #60
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Oh yes! It's so nice to finally see some release dates so that we can complain when they are 2 months late!

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote