AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-11-05, 21:48   Link #1
Mao-Yenrai
Juppon Gatana

Send a message via AIM to Mao-Yenrai
Bebop as the best?

Ever since Cowboy bebop I've really tried hard and looked for an anime that put as much love into the music as Cowboy Bebop did because essentially, the music made that anime for me. Honestly, though, its just become the same old themes when happy things happen or when the main character gets pumped up or when everything gets awkward. I tried wolf's rain which was also yoko kanno, but there were fewer songs that I really liked. I hate to be stuck in the past so much, but as an all around anime bebop is still the best for me. Even in spite of Naruto, Get Backers, Scrapped Princess, Rah Xephon, and Last Exile.

Basically just wondering if any of the new animes that have been released on dvd have the same Godly music that bebop had.
Old 2003-11-06, 08:00   Link #2
Lambda

Some Macross parts are supposed to be excellent musically, and Escaflowne is another good Kanno. I love the music in Utena, and also Princess Tutu, although Tutu is great use of classical music (mostly) rather than stuff composed specially for it.
Old 2003-11-06, 11:34   Link #3
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
I'd say that no OST can be compared to Cowboy Bebop's. It's the best IMO. But the Rurouni Kenshin OVAs have very good OSTs too Akira too.
Old 2003-11-06, 11:59   Link #4
Tzurial
in silent opposition

Send a message via AIM to Tzurial Send a message via MSN to Tzurial
Whoo hoo! Im so obsessed I have 6 cowboy bebop cds! and its taking me all of my will power not to buy the box set because theres songs on it I dont have!
Anyway..as you probably know it was all composed by Yoko Kanno! Whoo Hoo! Some other stuff of hers that are somewhat copwboy bepob-esque

Earth Girl Arjuna (not really..but this is good stuff)
Ghost in the Shell-Stand Alone Complex(you might want to try this one)
Escaflowne and Macross Plus (which Lambda already mentioned)
and Napple Tale!!(also not really but..hee..I likes it)

after that I dont have alot of japanese stuff besides gundam wing or garnet crow

anyway, I think Ill have to agree, theres alot of good anime music but cowboy bebop-wow. Its the best
Old 2003-11-06, 12:38   Link #5
kcl822
Queen of the Underworld
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to kcl822
I agree that Cowboy Bebop does have a lot of nice songs and such. I really love the soundtracks! (I'm a big fan of music). As for other music, I know the OST for Witch Hunter Robin is nice as well, but if you watch the anime, it does get a little repetitive. I usually listen to game music as much as anime music, and there are a lot of good tracks out there. Also, somebody mentioned that the music for Kenshin is nice as well (which it is)-but the opening and ending songs were just horrible (I can't believe they did that). But then, it all depends on personal taste as well the love for the show.
Old 2003-11-06, 23:01   Link #6
Sabin

Send a message via ICQ to Sabin Send a message via AIM to Sabin
I am a huge fan of Yoko Kanno but IMO the greatest anime soundtrack belongs to Furi Kuri (FLCL). The Pillows are easily one of my favourite rock bands ever. I highly recommend anything by them. My favourite songs from flcl include Ride on a Shooting Star, Last Dinosaur (try to find the full version of it though cuz on the OST there is only the 25 second clip they used for the next ep preview), One Life and Little Busters.
Old 2003-11-07, 13:06   Link #7
Carrackus

Send a message via AIM to Carrackus
Well...it is true that Yoko Kanno is god or a god, but the FLCL soundtracks are also really good. I believe it is all done by The Pillows.

There is a french site with free mp3 downloads available ill post the URL later today.
Old 2003-11-07, 21:09   Link #8
sate
Inactive Member

You should check out the OST of Space adventure Cobra, that one is great. a bit old (like 1982 ) but it's damn funkey.

Kentaro Haneda - Space Adventure Cobra
Old 2003-11-08, 13:25   Link #9
Mao-Yenrai
Juppon Gatana

Send a message via AIM to Mao-Yenrai
Huh! FLCL eh? Alright I'll have to get the OST for that one. I appreciate all the other recommendations though, but I have most of 'em like Esca and Wolf's Rain. And the band is the pillows you said? BTW do you guys know if they released an Excel Saga box set (since we're on the subject of weird anime).

Oh yeah and carrackus has the best avatar I've ever seen.
Old 2003-11-09, 05:57   Link #10
The Xenos

I really like the soujnd of heat Guy J soundtrack. found it on sale today at suncoast.

-Xenos
Old 2003-11-09, 15:04   Link #11
BME
Belldandy Fanboy

Location: Stockholm, Sweden, Where Polar bears roam the streets
Ive always likes the .Hack//Sign music far more than the series itself. And if were talking intros and Endings Gundam SEED is my favorite.
Old 2003-11-09, 18:42   Link #12
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

The best anime OST compositors are still women ex: Yoko Kanno
Old 2003-11-10, 15:22   Link #13
Tri

I recommend Boogiepop Phantom OST, Noir OST, I wish you were here OST, Juuni Kokki (Piano and Kokyu Memories), RahXephon OST, Scryed OST and X TV OST.

These are all memorable in their own way and belong to my favorite OSTs besides Cowboy Bebop.
Old 2003-11-10, 17:10   Link #14
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mao-Yenrai
Basically just wondering if any of the new animes that have been released on dvd have the same Godly music that bebop had.
No..There cant be anything good out there as Cowboy Bebop..I also liked Hellsing OST...You can try Maburaho, Last Exile, Scrapped Princess...But they will not ease your fever of Bebop music, I should know because my fever is not cured..
Old 2006-02-06, 16:57   Link #15
Remittance Man

Location: I live in the ruins of Gill's fortress. You'll see me there with Ryu...
Send a message via AIM to Remittance Man
Ummm...hello? SPIRITED AWAY? I admit that Bebop-Bebop has a hipper soundtrack, but SPIRITED AWAY...best soundtrack EVER.
Old 2006-02-06, 17:21   Link #16
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex...I'm still trying to find that sdtk...Of all the anime I've watched (including Bebop inwhich i own 2 music CD's and love) GITS (1st and 2nd gig) may be the best ever...From the opening theme song to the incredible "Wake-Up" end theme and all the bombastic jazz, soul, acoustic-percussion motifs in-between...Just when you think Yoko Kanno can't get any better or any more dynamic, once again she proves she can...There's a song in episode 3 of GITS (2nd Gig) when the Major is being courted by this horny representative (who wants to make love to her prosthetic body) that sets my soul on fire it's so dope...
Old 2006-02-06, 17:42   Link #17
Ilpalazzo-sama

Anything that is GitS:SAC music. It is as good as Cowboy Bebop. Yoko Kanno (+ Steve Conte / Scott Matthew / The Seatbelts / Origa / Jillmax / etc. ) FTW...
Old 2006-02-06, 18:44   Link #18
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'd be really hesitant to label something "best" when you've got multiple categories of music under one tent called "anime soundtracks". BeBop does really well in the composition quality and the style of music really fits the show.
But lets pull one out of the hat ... Pani Poni Dash has some of the best *satirical music* I've heard outside of PDQ Bach or Dr. Demento's collection.
The soundtrack to AIR rips some emotional strings... heck.. Nanoha's soundtrack is movie quality orchestral in a lot of segments.
Nothing wrong with calling something your favorite or the best you've ever heard but I'd be hard pressed to label any piece of music the "best" without qualification.
Old 2006-02-06, 22:22   Link #19
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

OMG how can I forget!!!!

Lupin the 3rd!!

Probably the only anime in existence (besides Champloo) that Bebop can be somewhat compared too...I own 3 Lupin CD's and the music is a sick blend of 70's and early 80's jazz (even a little disco)...Upbeat and Slow-jams...with a pure and natural live band sound...How could i forget?!?!

Gomen na sai, Lupin (these sdtks are some of the best in anime if your jazz-nik like myself)
Old 2006-02-07, 17:56   Link #20
AnimePlus
Banned

Send a message via AIM to AnimePlus
One of my favorite songs ever, Space Lion is done by Yokko Kano for Cowboy Bebop, what a fantastic song.
Closed Thread