AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2006-03-20, 20:34   Link #61
Archuka
A territory most absolute

Quote:
Originally Posted by maohayato
and for the final fantasy tactics ppl loving fft even with monster leveling, its because when you get cid it doesn't matter what the level is of the monster. Cid makes fft too easy.
Not really. FFT requires you to do insane ammounts of exp grinding to beat the storyline.

I always tried to keep my characters around the same level, but eventually the storyline enemies started leveling so far beyond my own characters that keeping even levels became very difficult and Ramza pulled far ahead.

Still, at the 4th floor of the last area most of my characters were L30, Ramza was L44 (or something), Cid at 37 and Meliadoul at 36 I think. The enemies ranged from L50-54 and I simply could not beat that fight.

The bastard engineer could kill my healers in 2 shots and he really liked to put don't act and don't move on my two samurai, who were the only ones who didn't always get killed in one shot by the other monsters. Unfortunately even blade grasp couldn't block the breath attacks by the hydras and my characters often got wiped in one round even if I equipped some of them with gear that cuts elemental damage in half.

Eventually I just stopped playing. I had already grinded exp in random battles for hours and the enemies were still up to 25 levels above me. Disgusting. I wonder how it would be if the monsters in random battles didn't level up with you. It would take even longer to level up your team.
Archuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-20, 20:54   Link #62
celcius
Aspiring but lazy

To get to lv.99 easy in FFT, kill off all enemies in a map except one. Start yelling with Ramza, until he gets 50 spd. Then you start yelling your teammates. Next accumulate to lv.99. Of course, doing this would make all the random monsters around that level as well and your equipment would be sorely lacking. Persoanlly, I didn't do this. A friend of mine did though. His FFT file has Ramza as a white mage with Math skills on the 2nd. IDK how, but his Ramza had insane base speed (I think it had to do something with level down trap...) and always moved first. Also, a certain trait he observed on the first turn was that the CT of EVERY character on the map would be divisible by 4. So with Ramza, he does CT 4 Holy and Bam, everyone except Ramza is dead.

I recall junctioning Meteora on my Squall's STR had it go at 255... I junctioned Ultima to my elemental Defenses, making him absorb around 50% of all elemental damage. Power of the broken stat bonuses. I also recall Zell's combo thingy. There was a cycle of three moves there, and you just have to memorize it. Lol.
celcius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-20, 21:46   Link #63
Asuka Shinn
Leng Jai

Quote:
Originally Posted by celcius
To get to lv.99 easy in FFT, kill off all enemies in a map except one. Start yelling with Ramza, until he gets 50 spd. Then you start yelling your teammates. Next accumulate to lv.99. Of course, doing this would make all the random monsters around that level as well and your equipment would be sorely lacking. Persoanlly, I didn't do this. A friend of mine did though. His FFT file has Ramza as a white mage with Math skills on the 2nd. IDK how, but his Ramza had insane base speed (I think it had to do something with level down trap...) and always moved first. Also, a certain trait he observed on the first turn was that the CT of EVERY character on the map would be divisible by 4. So with Ramza, he does CT 4 Holy and Bam, everyone except Ramza is dead.

I recall junctioning Meteora on my Squall's STR had it go at 255... I junctioned Ultima to my elemental Defenses, making him absorb around 50% of all elemental damage. Power of the broken stat bonuses. I also recall Zell's combo thingy. There was a cycle of three moves there, and you just have to memorize it. Lol.
yeap, which is the punch rush - booya combo. All you need is just get the 12 sec, and repeat punch rush - booya combo since the command for it is simple. I'm not sure which is which, but the commands was < > and X O
Asuka Shinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-20, 22:31   Link #64
Js2756
Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemuru
Well FF IX is the most unbroken since there isn't any combo trance except grand leathal which deals a maximun of 3 hits.

Now as to why people complain so much about FF VIII, like other Fantasy it's not so bad, FFX with Waka overdrive can deal more damage than squall lionheart with a damage limit remove it was 99,999 mutiple by 20+ hit or something.
I'll agree that FFIX was the least broken FF after V, but you could still kill any boss in two rounds with Zidane, Freya and Steiner in two rounds, since they had ways to do guaranteed 9999 damage even without trance. I'm pretty sure that Quina could also do 9999 damage as well, but I forget how.

Just FYI, Wakka's overdrive could do a potential 1.2 million - 12 damage (12 hits @ 99,999).
Js2756 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-20, 23:15   Link #65
celcius
Aspiring but lazy

Quina: You have to catch 100 or 105 frogs I think. That would let frog drop do 9,999.
Argh, I can't remember my FFIX party. I'm pretty sure Steiner wasn't incl. in it... But I'm also recalling that all of the people in my party can do 9,999... (or maybe I'm wrong).
Didn't Wakka's OD hit for 18 hits? I always though it was 18... And for the slots thing so you could get 2-2-2. It was piss easy. Slot movement was, like in slow mo or something. They almost made sure you could get a 2-2-2 99.9% of the time.
Old 2006-03-21, 00:44   Link #66
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Js2756
I'll agree that FFIX was the least broken FF after V, but you could still kill any boss in two rounds with Zidane, Freya and Steiner in two rounds, since they had ways to do guaranteed 9999 damage even without trance. I'm pretty sure that Quina could also do 9999 damage as well, but I forget how.

Just FYI, Wakka's overdrive could do a potential 1.2 million - 12 damage (12 hits @ 99,999).
I don't think zidane and Stiener could achieve perfect 9999 dmaage without trance since most of there skills were melee imbued with status affect or magically imbued and melee wasn't as strong as magic and summon. I could believed freya was capable since he had the best skills in the game.

Garnet had the best trance in the whole game which was so awesome that I included her in every battle ( just some random stuff about FFIX).

Most bosses had more than 40k hp+ and more so had alot more towards the final arc of the game, since the game is easily won by knowledge of the bosses and equiping the right amour and skill to nullify and half damage was more essentail than doing impressive damage.
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-21, 00:52   Link #67
Js2756
Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by celcius
Quina: You have to catch 100 or 105 frogs I think. That would let frog drop do 9,999.
Argh, I can't remember my FFIX party. I'm pretty sure Steiner wasn't incl. in it... But I'm also recalling that all of the people in my party can do 9,999... (or maybe I'm wrong).
Didn't Wakka's OD hit for 18 hits? I always though it was 18... And for the slots thing so you could get 2-2-2. It was piss easy. Slot movement was, like in slow mo or something. They almost made sure you could get a 2-2-2 99.9% of the time.
Thanks for the FFIX info. Wakka's OD hits for 12 hits with Attack reels and 2-2-2 lined up. It's actually not the most potentially damaging attack in the game either though, since Mindy's (of the Magus Sisters) Passado attack has the potential of doing 1.5 million - 15 damage. But since the sisters attack randomly, good luck getting that consistently. Of course, both attacks pale in comparison to Yojimbo's insta-kill.
Old 2006-03-21, 01:06   Link #68
Js2756
Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemuru
I don't think zidane and Stiener could achieve perfect 9999 dmaage without trance since most of there skills were melee imbued with status affect or magically imbued and melee wasn't as strong as magic and summon. I could believed freya was capable since he had the best skills in the game.

Garnet had the best trance in the whole game which was so awesome that I included her in every battle ( just some random stuff about FFIX).

Most bosses had more than 40k hp+ and more so had alot more towards the final arc of the game, since the game is easily won by knowledge of the bosses and equiping the right amour and skill to nullify and half damage was more essentail than doing impressive damage.
Zidane's thievery is a guaranteed 9999 if you steal constantly throughout the game. Steiner's shock is pretty much a guaranteed 9999 attack as well. No boss in FFIX had more than 65536 HP. Square went back to old school HP limits.
Old 2006-03-21, 01:20   Link #69
celcius
Aspiring but lazy

I'd just like to add that one Freya's Dragon skills will constantly deal 9,999 damage if you kill 99-100 dragon type monsters. What actually makes fights longer though, is the stealing. Since you'll mostly be trying to steal and not fight. After maxing Thievery, Freya's Dragon something (rage?), Quina's Frog drop, and Steiner's Shock, you'll probably not be needing trance anymore. Also, you can probably kill off all of the enemies easily except for Yans and Ozma.

FFX: Give Yuna 255 luk and pay Yojimbo 100,000 gil. Works like a charm.
Old 2006-03-21, 03:18   Link #70
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

The funniest thing about FFIX was their "kill every member of your party except one, get 50,000 experience per dragon kill". That was how I raised Steiner to level 52 while everyone else was languishing at 45. Steiener saved my ass, since he had the climhizzard move that did 7000 damage to Kuja while all my other party members were weak as hell.

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-21, 03:40   Link #71
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maceart
Yeah, but who actually remembers to do that? I want my Ribbons back!
Well, it's not like you have to. It's not often that you encounter a monster with that kind of attack anyway. Only Omega Weapon, Torama, and possibly a few others have it. Having Ribbons is nice for VII, but I'd rather have the collections of accesories/armors/clothings found in IX.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-21, 04:32   Link #72
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I'd like to point out that this is not a generic "compare all final fantasy games" thread. Nobody has said anything about FFVIII for quite a few posts. That's unacceptable. Please get back on topic.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-21, 04:45   Link #73
Eclipze

Spoiler:

In regards to FF VIII...still cant get myself to play the game past disc 1. Really, really hate the draw system. The junction system is pretty good, if it wasn't making magic so un-worthy to use in battles, since you'd keep all the powerful ones junctioned to your stats.

That, instantly makes it a hack-and-slash game.
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-21, 05:04   Link #74
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze
In regards to FF VIII...still cant get myself to play the game past disc 1. Really, really hate the draw system. The junction system is pretty good, if it wasn't making magic so un-worthy to use in battles, since you'd keep all the powerful ones junctioned to your stats.

That, instantly makes it a hack-and-slash game.
Yeah, I didn't like the drawing business either, but the game sort of make it up to me by having unlimited use of GF. I was almost totally dependent on summoning GFs that I could pretty much not use magics, weapons, and limit breaks for the first 2 discs and a better part of the third disc unless I have to. But the boost method is too hard for me, If I could master it I probably would've sticked to using GF for the rest of the game.
Old 2006-03-21, 05:20   Link #75
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert
Yeah, I didn't like the drawing business either, but the game sort of make it up to me by having unlimited use of GF. I was almost totally dependent on summoning GFs that I could pretty much not use magics, weapons, and limit breaks for the first 2 discs and a better part of the third disc unless I have to. But the boost method is too hard for me, If I could master it I probably would've sticked to using GF for the rest of the game.
The problem with using GFs were:
1) You get exp from killing a monster that way.
2) You need Affiliation with the GF to make the summonin fast.
3) I dont really have the urge of fighting monsters stronger than me, especially when at disc one, I can barely get any "powerful" magics.

It was weird, really, that I started on my 2nd try of FF VIII with a no level-up game. Even though I have not even completed the game once.

Yes, it was that bad. My first game ended (er, the point when I stopped playing that game, on disc 1) in lvl 100 chars, and the difficulty of competing with the monsters that levels up with your characters gets fustrating.

I loved to grind (leveling). But FF VIII makes Grinding utterly pointless if you dont have any good magics to junction with.
Old 2006-03-21, 05:40   Link #76
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze
The problem with using GFs were:
1) You get exp from killing a monster that way.
2) You need Affiliation with the GF to make the summonin fast.
3) I dont really have the urge of fighting monsters stronger than me, especially when at disc one, I can barely get any "powerful" magics.
1) Don't you get exp killing monsters the regular way? The only thing that sucks about using GF too often is it doesn't raise your SEED points, which means your rank will get lower, which means less money.
2) Meh, if you use every GF often your compatibility should be high enough by the time you're in the position where quick attacks matter. I myself don't really care about getting them out there really fast since I used them to block a lot of unwanted attacks.
3) I don't see how much stronger they could possibly be at disc 1, but to each his own I guess.
Quote:
It was weird, really, that I started on my 2nd try of FF VIII with a no level-up game. Even though I have not even completed the game once.

Yes, it was that bad. My first game ended (er, the point when I stopped playing that game, on disc 1) in lvl 100 chars, and the difficulty of competing with the monsters that levels up with your characters gets fustrating.

I loved to grind (leveling). But FF VIII makes Grinding utterly pointless if you dont have any good magics to junction with.
It does sucks if you usually rely on magic to play.
Old 2006-03-21, 05:45   Link #77
AnimeFangirl

Ultima to Elem-Def was equally unfair because then you absorbed about 20% of just about every elemental attack you received. I think I used Ultima for Elem-Def, Meteor for Strength-J and Pain for Stat-Atk. Fun!
Old 2006-03-21, 06:18   Link #78
celcius
Aspiring but lazy

Sorry, sorry. I'll try not to de-rail the topic anymore.

Last OT: I dunno, even for FF7, the only time I remember using offense magic was only before getting out of Midgard. Magic in most FF is IMO weak. In most of the FF I played, it was mostly slash-to-death.

IIRC, junctioning Full-Life to status def gave you almost complete status def (or high stat.def) lol. Getting Cactuar King as early as possible/as low level as possible is a great advantage since you could junction weaker magic to your main stats and leave the higher magic to better places (Curaga instead of Full-life for 9999 HP, Meltdown instead of Ultima for 255 STR, haste instead of Triple for 255 SPD; Ultima on ele.def, Full-Life on stat.def). Although, without Cactuar King, you could just slap all the GFs with bonuses on your character that will level up, but then it makes the level grind even more tedious.

Maybe this has been posted in some boards or something, but my cousin told me to junction Drain to stat.atk. Except for undead type monsters, anyone who has Drain on stat atk will drain a percentage of the damage dealt. 100% of damage drain if you have 100. Lol.

Draw has got to be the one of the worst ideas of Square. I remember playing the JP version of the game, and I didn't know anything about item refining. I had to draw each and every magic that I needed lol. Then, since I didn't know magic could be deleted, I used all the lv.1 ele.magics when I got the lv.2 magics. That was like, 600 lightnings, fires, and ices; 600 thundera, fira, blizzara. LOLOL.
Old 2006-03-21, 06:40   Link #79
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert
1) Don't you get exp killing monsters the regular way? The only thing that sucks about using GF too often is it doesn't raise your SEED points, which means your rank will get lower, which means less money.
Um, ways to gain exp in a battle in FF VIII:
1) HIT the monster with the character. (even if you run, you'd still get the exp)
2) Kill the monster with a character. This includes magic, normal attack, Limit Breaks, and summoning GFs.

So yes, summoning GFs do give exp. The only way I can think of for you to not gain any exp BUT get AP for learning GF abilities, is to use *Card* ability on an enemy (Literally turn the monster into a card).
Old 2006-03-21, 13:17   Link #80
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

I survived past CD 1 without any junctioning of magic. I think I beat Edea with around 1200 HP for each of my characters and just summoned GF's.

It was in CD 2 when I met up with Raijin and Fuuin that they started to kick my party's ass with their 800 damage attack. So I used the 16 Wizard stones that was dropped by one of the previous bosses, and junctioned it to Squall's HP. Bam 3000 HP. Boss easily dealt with.

The easiest way to get 100 Ultima: In that northern city with that guarded draw point, just come back every 30 minutes or so to draw 9 Ultima from it. Or you can beat Ultima Weapon, he drops 100 Ultima stones.

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?

Last edited by Maceart; 2006-03-21 at 19:56.
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jrpg