AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Full Metal Panic

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-02-28, 00:37   Link #21
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Stop the fansubbers and start the hype. I see what you're saying though. But I still find it hard to believe that retailers have this information and we don't. And that they're letting customers pre-order the first DVD. Personally I can't help but be suspicious of something funny if a retailer is saying one thing but the licenser is saying something different (ie, nothing at all).
Old 2006-02-28, 01:07   Link #22
joshua.p

Send a message via AIM to joshua.p Send a message via MSN to joshua.p Send a message via Yahoo to joshua.p
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K
Stop the fansubbers and start the hype. I see what you're saying though. But I still find it hard to believe that retailers have this information and we don't.
I would expect that retailers know about it long before the fans do most of the time.

Quote:
And that they're letting customers pre-order the first DVD.
This wouldn't be the first time that a retailer has made a mistake and set something to "sell" when it was supposed to be marked as "hidden."

Quote:
Personally I can't help but be suspicious of something funny if a retailer is saying one thing but the licenser is saying something different (ie, nothing at all).
Like I said, it is possible that I shouldn't have been able to pre-order it yet. But because of user error I was able to make the order. Silence is not an affirmation of anything other then that they might not even know about this "glitch." In the unlikely event that this is a huge mistake and the series is not even licensed yet then I will simply have the deposit I paid switched to something else, say... Eureka7 vol.1+box.
Old 2006-02-28, 01:26   Link #23
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K
Stop the fansubbers and start the hype.
What hype? It's freaking Full Metal Panic. It needs no hype. It's like saying that a second season of Full Metal Alchemist (totally made up, just provided as an example) needs hype to sell. And there's almost no point to stopping the fansubbers, since of the three furthest along, two have finished and the third cares nothing for R1 licensing companies save for perhaps a C&D.
Old 2006-03-13, 23:39   Link #24
Crucifix

Ok haven't been on the forums for quite some time, the earlier posts in the thread made my blood pressure shoot up and rub my eyes, but reading further down made me say "drat! it was a freaking glitch!"

I specifically want ADV to license this for a variety of reasons, but I think they are taking too long in announcing the license for TSR, maybe they are having trouble with japanese companies or whatever.

There are however advantages to announcing a license earlier, although I am in favor of licensing anime after it is already finished airing so we would know if it is worth it or not, announcing it earlier makes for earlier DVD releases and allows me to plan ahead to allocate my money.
Old 2006-07-12, 14:20   Link #25
Maxon
Demon Hunter

Send a message via MSN to Maxon
ADV are doing the production, and Funimation are doing distribution. Just thought I'd let anyone know that didn't already.

No dates though.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=9134
Old 2006-08-03, 19:35   Link #26
Generalgm
Eager Young Space Cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxon
ADV are doing the production, and Funimation are doing distribution. Just thought I'd let anyone know that didn't already.

No dates though.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=9134
I heard from my friend who knows someone from funi. I live in fort Worth TX "joy joy" it is rumored it will be around sometime in novemeber or during the holidays. Its is still up in the air though but voicework is currently underway. more news when I get it
Old 2006-08-03, 19:55   Link #27
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

Retailers can let people preorder from them as soon as they know something exists and they'll get it sooner or later. As soon as Halo 2 was announced, I bet you could have preordered it from any EB or GameSpot. They didn't know when they'd get it, or even if they'd get it before anyone else, or how many they would get, but you could still preorder it.

[/crazybabbling]
Old 2006-08-04, 06:20   Link #28
Maxon
Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generalgm
I heard from my friend who knows someone from funi. I live in fort Worth TX "joy joy" it is rumored it will be around sometime in novemeber or during the holidays. Its is still up in the air though but voicework is currently underway. more news when I get it
I didn't think it would be until March or April. That's some good news.
Old 2006-08-22, 02:07   Link #29
Killa_hurtz
THE SousukexKaname Fan

It's been confirmed that DVD of Full Metal Panic!: The Second Raid - Tactical Ops 1 will hit streets November 15th
Old 2006-08-26, 20:21   Link #30
masterwok

wow thats a long time bc i was waiting till october to come up and now i have to wait another month to view it in english.
Old 2006-08-27, 07:19   Link #31
Maxon
Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killa_hurtz
It's been confirmed that DVD of Full Metal Panic!: The Second Raid - Tactical Ops 1 will hit streets November 15th
Is that just the US or will we Brits get it then as well?
Old 2006-08-27, 13:03   Link #32
Killa_hurtz
THE SousukexKaname Fan

I would assume so...there isn't any side notes saying different
Closed Thread