AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2006-02-16, 07:21   Link #81
eLcHaKeTeRo
Falls for it every time.

Send a message via Skype™ to eLcHaKeTeRo
Quote:
Originally Posted by asam_laksa
From episode 64-67. I thought the filler arc was good. Very good.because Ichigo didn't have to fight with his sword and it was something different.

AND NOW??!! I think it sucks with the revelation that Urahara was behind this. HE TRICKED US ALL!!! Not only Ichigo-ikkou, but US ALSO!!! What is this with him suggesting to record the kidnapper's voice AND THEN ANALYSING IT when he conspired with his cohorts who kidnapped Inoue. What is he with Yoruichi and Tessai standing outside and look at the dark whirling clouds as if this was something that never happened at all!!??

WHAT IS THIS??? Fricking filler!!!! I HATE URAHARA!!!!

On another note.....do you think if Uryuu had his Quincy powers, would he be able to defeat Bounds himself??
Urahara-san is the shizznit, hes devious, smart, strong, very persuasive, and he commands great respect. It doesnt get better than that. Once I saw Ichigo's body and Renji's gigai at the school I realized that Urahara was behind it all. There's no way Mod Souls are goin to beat a Captain class Shinigami, plus Yoruichi-san would never let Urahara-san get beat. I dont know, then Rin Rin had his hat? C'mon if you didnt see that coming then you weren't really paying attention
Urahara-san did this "test" to see if Ichigo could use his newly acquiered Ban Kai. That's all there is too it, in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadnoxx
First of all, I'd like to apologize if my words I'm about to speak are irrelevant to the topic, harsh, bad, negative, etc... whatever you wanna call it. I'm just simply venting out and I don't think i can keep this any longer.

WTF is this crap?!!! This whole "Bound" saga? They ruined everything!!! They could've just started with the Arrancar Saga but they didn't. For someone who has followed Bleach (and loved it so much) for so long, watching these new filler eps is pain in teh ___.

Gosh darn it, this is soo pissing me off...
dude you cant talk about manga on an epidose discussion thread...you are goin to get banned, trust me, I got canned for the same thing..
Old 2006-02-16, 07:34   Link #82
asam_laksa

Quote:
Originally Posted by eLcHaKeTeRo
Urahara-san is the shizznit, hes devious, smart, strong, very persuasive, and he commands great respect. It doesnt get better than that. Once I saw Ichigo's body and Renji's gigai at the school I realized that Urahara was behind it all. There's no way Mod Souls are goin to beat a Captain class Shinigami, plus Yoruichi-san would never let Urahara-san get beat. I dont know, then Rin Rin had his hat? C'mon if you didnt see that coming then you weren't really paying attention
Urahara-san did this "test" to see if Ichigo could use his newly acquiered Ban Kai. That's all there is too it, in my opinion.
The thing is this.....Urahara shouldn't analyze the recorded song when he already knew who the person behind the voice. Wouldn't it be more like him sipping tea and then tell to Ichigo-ikkou that the person is not a shinigami/human??
asam_laksa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 07:40   Link #83
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

^ its called playing along ... And he quite good at that dont you think?
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 07:48   Link #84
asam_laksa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto
^ its called playing along ... And he quite good at that dont you think?
That is why I hate Urahara. He is the one who determines how the chess is played most of the time. He was actually the mastermind behind it using Ichigo to save Rukia when all he cared was the hongkuyou thing.
asam_laksa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 07:53   Link #85
Cz
Needs more sleep~

Hmmm... I assume this Bound thing is not from the manga? Oh well, at least it seems more interesting than the annoying "games" we've been having the last few episodes. Now that Ririn, Nova and Claude are in those dolls they're not so annoying anymore (at least, no annoying laugh...).

And yay, Rukia's back! I also liked Soi Fong giving Yoruichi a Valentine... hehe.... that was so funny. The 2nd golden cup finally explained the reason behind Hitsugaya getting all those candy, even though someone mentioned it in last episode's thread. As a non-manga viewer I find this double-ep pretty interesting.
Cz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 08:08   Link #86
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Come on guys. Stop comparing the manga with the anime. It just shows you're irreverent.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 09:24   Link #87
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Wow, a great episode for a filler.

The Naruto fillers suffered because the producers didn't dare to breach the manga canon too much, and we get all sorts of "wonderful" villains without some of the more popular character's involvement, such as Sasuke.

I commend the producers for this series for not confining themselves by the manga canon (and KT probably plays a part in this as well) by bringing Rukia into the picture seamlessly as well as fitting in the issue with Ishida's loss of powers without it affecting the storyline anyhow. Bleach just isn't Bleach without its female lead.

And the Shinigami Golden shows they still know how to not be too serious and have fun.
Soi Fong giving Yoruichi a Valentine chocolate is so cute!
I was nearly mad at Yoruichi for hurting Soi Fong's feelings.
And Ukitake x Hitsugaya FTW!!! Poor Shiro-chan.
We get yaoi and yuri fanservice in the same episode! What more could anyone want?

This reminds me of Prince of Tennis, where even its fillers are fun. I personally wouldn't mind Rukia's "Bleach Karakura Gakuen".
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 09:41   Link #88
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Bleach would also probably be as long as that series. I hope not, else my computer will be all filled with Bleach. Anyway, indeed, the episode was great for a filler.
Old 2006-02-16, 10:40   Link #89
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

It's so nice to see more people giving this arc a change. And what is the meaning of all this?

1) Don't read the manga or else there's high probability you'll become manga-brained and damn the anime whenever it differs from the manga.

2) It's been said again but : wait for the arc to start properly before calling the story bad -> about 10-20 episodes should do the trick I think (depending of course on the anime size).

So, I hope most people will be enjoying Bleach from now on instead of exhibiting"wtf filler arc sucks" attitude.

I didn't find the Bount thing THAT interesting but I didn't have any problems with this arc to begin with. Overall, I find the whole arc nice up to now.

I hope there's no UkitakexHitsugaya joke again, I enjoyed the last two but they shouldn't keep doing that, it'll get old

Poor Soi Fon... Give something to me next time

Oh goodie, Rukia has arrived
npal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 11:43   Link #90
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto
Do I sensed a bit of worshipping here?

Gosh no! No worshipping. Just some loving. KiNa

And of course you like Nova's teleporting skill. The idea is borrowed from DBZ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal
It's so nice to see more people giving this arc a change. And what is the meaning of all this?
Personally speaking, it means the whole arc had nothing to do with for liking the episode. This episode was arranged in a different manner and the story was presented at a far better pace than the last 3 episodes. No repetitiveness within the episode. No pretentious plot plotting i.e. psychological games. More animated movements and much much more in the 2nd half of the episodes. The character drawing for the most part of the episode (first half had some problem) was on par with Bleach standard. All those things contributed to like this episode while I think the filler arc was bad (excluding the comedy, the ending theme, and shinigami golden) for the lack of those things mentioned.

Now there is a huge possibility of the story's returning to what it had been in 65-67. Hence, I enjoyed this episode on its own merit while it last.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One
I'm not sure, but I think it's much more suspicious, if persons at their age suddenly run around carrying some stuffed dolls.
And as dolls, there is a certain risk, that they are seen moving or talking, something they can freely do as long as they are inside "normal" bodies.
Like it has been suggested already, running dolls are still better than say a cute little kid that stays cute until she giggles, is now living in Ichigo's room. Okay, Rukia is an exception. Beside, if anyone caught Ichigo during his animated conversation with RinRin doll, he could just say the doll is imported from Germany.
Old 2006-02-16, 12:28   Link #91
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Hah.. wonder if Rukia stays with Ichigo... or do Urahara get another freeloader?

Bah.. need to sleep now >.>
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 12:48   Link #92
MarcusG
Remember Law of Ueki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle
And the Shinigami Golden shows they still know how to not be too serious and have fun.
Soi Fong giving Yoruichi a Valentine chocolate is so cute!
I was nearly mad at Yoruichi for hurting Soi Fong's feelings.
And Ukitake x Hitsugaya FTW!!! Poor Shiro-chan.
We get yaoi and yuri fanservice in the same episode! What more could anyone want?
We can ask not to get yaoi.
MarcusG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 15:33   Link #93
SeekAndDestroy

All of those comments about how it's easier for them to move around as dolls and stuff are completely flawed... is anyone forgetting that her powers are ILLUSIONS!!!
she could just easily make it so that people don't see them... it just so happens this works better with the story.

Damm you worthless windows registry
SeekAndDestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 15:59   Link #94
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One
And he is the most famous vampire.
Why out of all the possible languages did they choose german vor the vampires? I don't know any famous story about vampires from Germany...
There's practically one present in every country. Just because the other vampires are unpopular doesn't mean they all have to come from Germany.

That's the director's choice. What could we do about it? For all I care, the vampire could speak Swahili and Bleach would still be cool.
Old 2006-02-16, 17:04   Link #95
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
2) It's been said again but : wait for the arc to start properly before calling the story bad -> about 10-20 episodes should do the trick I think (depending of course on the anime size).
10-20 episodes?! Are you insane? Giving a show more than 5 episodes is a bit much. Anything that can't show its stuff in 5 episodes is just wasting time.

Fortunately this arc had enough to keep it at least interesting until it began to excite with the fifth episode. Now it had better not backslide. I just hope it keeps focusing on the characters and comedy.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 17:08   Link #96
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Eh well, I thought that since Bleach is somewhat of a huge anime, the standard 5 episodes are not enough. I mean, I didn't get into Bleach until after ep 10, and since it's a completely different arc now, I thought that 10 eps for Bleach are more or less ok. Of course in a 26 episode series, 10-20 episodes is way too much
npal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 17:14   Link #97
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Eh well, I thought that since Bleach is somewhat of a huge anime, the standard 5 episodes are not enough. I mean, I didn't get into Bleach until after ep 10, and since it's a completely different arc now, I thought that 10 eps for Bleach are more or less ok. Of course in a 26 episode series, 10-20 episodes is way too much
If it had taken me 10 episodes to get into Bleach, I wouldn't be watching it now. I give a new anime 3-5 episodes max. If it doesn't grab me by then, I find something else to watch. There are soooo many new shows every season that I see no reason to waste my life watching 10 episodes of a show unless I am enjoying it.

The only reason I might countenance watching 10 episodes in this case, is because we already have an emotional investment in these characters and can't help hoping that their story is interesting. That investment is sufficient reason for most people to endure 10 episodes of torment and/or boredom while we give a filler arc a chance.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 17:56   Link #98
Ziv

sorry if this was posted before but....
Spoiler for large image:

WTF WAS THAT?!
Ziv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 18:02   Link #99
Kiron22

Spoiler:
Kiron22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 18:07   Link #100
SeekAndDestroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziv
sorry if this was posted before but....
Spoiler for large image:

WTF WAS THAT?!
yeah it was posted a while ago amidst the whole Ukitake molester arguments.... still that image bears repeating, it's just too odd

Damm you worthless windows registry
SeekAndDestroy is offline   Reply With Quote