AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: My-Otome Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 9 8.49%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 26.42%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 29 27.36%
7 out of 10 : Good 26 24.53%
6 out of 10 : Average 12 11.32%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.89%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-02-19, 08:49   Link #161
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by piccolo
And, yet, the episode sheds light on many things:[list][*]Mashiro may yet make an excellent queen as she now understands a little more about what traits a great leader must have.
Really love it when they do that ... make a stupid caracter into a smart/kind one ...

Ohww ... she's so cute ... well ... she still need's some work ... but Sunrise is trying ...

Spoiler for Mashiro:

Quote:
  • Two pillars and Garderobe's insurance are on their way to a save haven - prison.
Luckuly Shizuru is already safe.
Quote:
  • Arika and Mashiro - two of the three keys to the harmonium - are hiding where Schwarz can't touch them. The third, Nina, is right under Nagi's nose without him knowing it.
Nah ... he know's otherwise he would be serching for her too ... and he wouldn't say that "The third stanza is with Mashiro-chan" :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seska
Well, i now see the subbed version of this episode.
And now, if they needed a Otome ,that have given birth to a child,to create the GEMs. That means Fumi has given birth to someone Otome... How could that be? Mai? cause of her spezial Powers? Or even Rena? and passed down to her child?
Mai? ... Mai is Takumi's big sister ... she's a princess and that's all ... what special power ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanthraX^
hmmm could some1 give me an explaintion about what the asward said about gems being made from arikas mother, didnt quite understand (watched it twice too =[ ubernoob =[ )
Bassicly, if your a master otome and you give birth to a child you then are eligeble to become a GEM chicken, producing little GEM's (pearl/coral/master type)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden
LOLOL@ Nao making Natsuki strip to get a ride. It had me rolling when I realised they're gonna redo the scene from -hime. except now she got arrested for indecency, that was a suprise...

... and "disturbing public peace" ... some public ...
Old 2006-02-19, 08:53   Link #162
JanthraX^
Ace Archer

Thanks for clearing that up BlackCatXIII,
hmm if the song is linked with the old royalty then all the girls(mashiro,arika,nina and erstin) that know the stanzas of the songs must be must have been linked to the old royalty in galderobe
Old 2006-02-19, 10:01   Link #163
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanthraX^
Thanks for clearing that up BlackCatXIII,
hmm if the song is linked with the old royalty then all the girls(mashiro,arika,nina and erstin) that know the stanzas of the songs must be must have been linked to the old royalty in galderobe
delete erstin form that one ... she learned it when Arika sang it for her doing the survival trip

hmm ... nevertheless i still hold on my idea of that ...

Spoiler:
Old 2006-02-19, 10:24   Link #164
D3athScythe
« Mecha | Shana »

Send a message via MSN to D3athScythe
Midori is just to cool ^_^
dunno what else 2 say hah
Old 2006-02-19, 11:12   Link #165
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

I can't believe I am saying that and I have still not watched the subbed version but this episode actually wasn't bad, especially compared to the previous ones. Things seemed to be revealed rather than hinted at and everyone seemed to be arriving in a position for the big clash between Nagi and whoever-fights-agaisnt-him. I was kind of annoyed by the Natuki hitchiking attepmts - not that it wasn't a funny scene but it was so much similar to the one in episode nine of MH. And Midori is still claiming(looking like?) to be 17? Good one!

EDIT: Just watched the subbed version. I think it's the best episode since episode 10, maybe even since episode six which was pointless but hilarios.

Some random notes about the pisode:

Didn't many people see Smith using that cannon in episode 16-17? How come he doesn't seem to be recognized as a Shwartz member?

Tomoe is going to rescue Shizuru? The idiot!

Aswald and Shwartz were looking for the Harmonium 15 years go. It seems to be the ultimate plot device.

The Duke of the Interior led the attack. Was he the one who found Mashiro later?

"Even if they don't to they can become Otomes"? - so does Nagi want an army of Otomes all obeying his command? He is so lacking in originality with his desire to conquer the world. And why the hell Nagi let a traitor like Sergy go search for Mashiro? He knows Sergey betrayed for Arika and she is probably somewhere around Mashiro.

The planet was green and beautiful once but the WMD...I mean, the Otomes ruined it? Nice twist. Too bad we got so few episodes about Aswad and so many about the incredibly boring character development of the three main characters.

It finally dawned on Arika that the Otomes aren't all nice and kind. Of course her reaction is way over the top but luckily the plot device, a.k.a. the huge monster intervened just in time.. to eat her. Mikoto escaped, of course, it's just further proof that this cat is way smarter than Arika and Mashiro put together.

Shiho's "maki-maki" is just not funny. It simply isn't.

Now that Natsuki and Nao got into Ealis, please Sunrise let Haruka actually do something rather than look like a fool! Ditto for Natsuki.

Now I can hope that this series won't be total disappointment...no, I'd better not.

Last edited by Matrim; 2006-02-19 at 13:29.
Old 2006-02-19, 13:34   Link #166
Xellos-_^
Valentine's Day with Wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim
Didn't many people see Smith using that cannon in episode 16-17? How come he doesn't seem to be recognized as a Shwartz member?
Everyone who is anyone knows John Smith is a member o Schwartz. But the oridnary people don't know that.

Quote:
The Duke of the Interior led the attack. Was he the one who found Mashiro later?
Bingo

Quote:
The planet was green and beautiful once but the WMD...I mean, the Otomes ruined it? Nice twist. Too bad we got so few episodes about Aswad and so many about the incredibly boring character development of the three main characters.
Nobody said it was otome that did it. Plenty of other weapons were probably in use back then.
Old 2006-02-19, 13:46   Link #167
Matrim

Quote:
Nobody said it was otome that did it. Plenty of other weapons were probably in use back then.
But the Otomes were probably the most powerful ones? Just look at the crater caused by Nina and Arika. And in any case, Garderobe's refusal to share their knowledge irritates me.
Old 2006-02-19, 13:47   Link #168
wombatlord
All Wombats Shall Bow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim
Smith was hundreds of feet away, way up on top of a tower. Most people probably couldn't get a very good look at him.
Old 2006-02-19, 14:20   Link #169
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
My bet is on the Harmonium.

Spoiler for ep22:
Old 2006-02-19, 14:21   Link #170
Xellos-_^
Valentine's Day with Wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCatXIII
My bet is on the Harmonium.

Spoiler for ep22:
Wrong war. The world was turn into a desrt in the War of the Twelve Kings, Three hundred years ago. The war fifty years ago was call the Dragon King war.
Old 2006-02-19, 14:29   Link #171
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
Wrong war. The world was turn into a desrt in the War of the Twelve Kings, Three hundred years ago. The war fifty years ago was call the Dragon King war.
Upss ... 10X for the clarification
Old 2006-02-19, 14:35   Link #172
Amaiko

Quote:
I found the episode quite interesting. And the ending hilarious. Being swallowed up...

And, yet, the episode sheds light on many things:
  • Rena is dead, but her ashes (genetic code?) are being used for who knows what. That weapon that disabled Fumi might have had something to do with her.
Not ashes. Doremi screwed up the translation here; Rad very clearly said "nakigara" which means "corpse". Plus, you don't lay out ashes in a coffin, and (assuming the translation about needing the womb of an Otome who had given birth was correct) if Rena had been cremated, she would have been useless to them, and Smith wouldn't have taken her in the first place.

What I thought was interesting is that Rena is clearly stated to be dead, and Fumi died at least two hundred ago (they had said the War of the Twelve Kingdoms took place three hundred years ago, right?) yet Fumi's shadow appeared when her crypt was destroyed and she's said to "choose" the new pillars. Is her consciousness around in a AI-type format, or does being a Shinso somehow give the ability to exist in a state between life and death? Does that mean Rena might not be totally lost either? I wonder if the nanomachines help preserve the bodies of Otome who have died, and if the Otome graveyard might not end up being significant in some way later on.

Quote:
Is Arika the real queen? Because the pendant that was hung around the real princess' neck was drawn without the stones, I proofed some time ago in a different thread that Arika could not the real princess/queen if that drawing was correct. But I now wonder now whether or not the artists made a serious drawing mistake and that Arika is, in fact, the real queen. But even if she is, I don't think she wants the job. And considering all that both Arika and Mashiro are learning right now, the series may just end with Mashiro becoming a Queen and Arika becoming an Otome of legends...
Like I said earlier, I wonder why on earth everyone searching for the real princess seems to take it for granted that the pendant and the princess stayed together. A lot can happen in fifteen years.

I've often wondered why Rena thought it a good idea to send the only heir of the kingdom, protective container aside, down what looks like a sewer alone. A baby can't defend itself, not to mention that anyone could have found her, or she might not have even been found at all; it seemed very stupid and unnecessarily risky. Then it hit me; maybe there was someone waiting downstream to collect the baby and take her to a safe hiding place. Maybe someone like the Minister of the Interior or one of his cronies, who then took the pendant from the Princess precisely so there would be doubt about who she really was. Why he would need the true identity of the Princess to be such a big secret is something I can't figure out though. How would he benefit/what was the point? A child ruler is destabilizing enough as it is, without there being doubts about whether she's the true princess or not. And since he's dead now, his plans and motives have probably died with him.
Old 2006-02-19, 14:45   Link #173
piccolo
Anime Fan

Quote:
Quote:
Arika and Mashiro - two of the three keys to the harmonium - are hiding where Schwarz can't touch them. The third, Nina, is right under Nagi's nose without him knowing it
Nah ... he know's otherwise he would be serching for her too ... and he wouldn't say that "The third stanza is with Mashiro-chan"
No, no, that is not what the comment was relating to. Should've emphasized that by 'keys' I meant being able to open the door.

I find it interesting that after hearing the song sung only once, and grasping the significance of it, Erstin learned the stanza even in the emotional state she was in. Naturally when she heard Nina singing it she passed that information along too. In fact, I am sure that due to her oath there were many other pieces of information passed along to Schwarz, including that Arika had the pendant. I wouldn't be surprised if she knew about the contract with Mashiro. Her face did not express much of a surprise when Arika materialized without making a contract first.

On a side note, I am amazed that some people figured out right away that something wasn't right with Erstin. Me, trusting me, kept giving her the benefit ot the doubt. Not that my character judgment was wrong and theirs was right, but I figured that Erstin could do nothing wrong and that there was a reason for not snitching on Tomoe. In the meanwhile, while trying to befriend both Nina and Arika, she spies on them... Ironic. I knew there had to be a connection to Schwarz somewhere, but I always figured it was with Tomoe. Watch. Tomoe may turn out to be a 'good' (twisted?) hero after all. Maybe rescuing Shizuru is exactly what she needs to do in order to get the recognition she desires?

However, back to the issue at hand. What Nagi did not learn from Erstin was that all three are not necessary to enter the Harmonium. (Thinking on how the Harmonium was operated the first time, he may figure that out himself. In the meanwhile, he's having Smith work so hard to break into the Harmonium when Nina is right under his nose with the access key.
Old 2006-02-19, 15:00   Link #174
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seska
It indeed strange, that this cat are responsible for some Key scenes...
...lead them to Harmonium (but pushed the storyline)
...desapired in the whole Harmonium scene...
...saved Arika that was flying miles above the ground and in such a huge explosion...

P.s. Its just like me?, or is the Energy ball from the clash much bigger then in the Romulus and Remus fight? And why they are still this energy ball? Strange energy...

Mfg,
Seska
No, the inital explosion was overall less than the Romulus/Remus fight. We only saw that explosion from a distance but even then, the energy around it hovered for quite a while and it was very pronounced. The Nina/Arika explosion was just a violent clash - no real technique behind it - well, except on Nina's part - Nina managed to blast Arika all the way to Aswald's 'secret camp'; that's quite a feat for someone barely an Otome for two minutes.
It's power was comparable but these are two 15 year old girls, not seasoned, graduated Otome. ^^

And I forgot where but aren't they referring to MO (human form) Mikoto as 'God of War' or something like that? Would fit the bill the way she was rampaging in MH.
Old 2006-02-19, 15:03   Link #175
PastPrime

Quote:
Bassicly, if your a master otome and you give birth to a child you then are eligeble to become a GEM chicken, producing little GEM's (pearl/coral/master type)
That is highly unlikely. Why would Smith destroy the alliance with Aswald by taking Rena's body if any former Master Otome with children would work. Rena was evidently very special. And, considering the way Miyu sees her, Arika is also special. That makes it likely that Arika is really Rena's daughter and not the true princess. If they realized there was a traitor in the Castle, it is possible that Rena took her daughter as a decoy, pretending that she was the Princess, while someone she trusted took the real Princess to safety.

Lucy & Nyu, reincarnated as diclonius twins.
Old 2006-02-19, 15:06   Link #176
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime
Quote:
That is highly unlikely. Why would Smith destroy the alliance with Aswald by taking Rena's body if any former Master Otome with children would work. Rena was evidently very special. And, considering the way Miyu sees her, Arika is also special. That makes it likely that Arika is really Rena's daughter and not the true princess. If they realized there was a traitor in the Castle, it is possible that Rena took her daughter as a decoy, pretending that she was the Princess, while someone she trusted took the real Princess to safety.
I think that BlackCat was just joking when he said that...
Old 2006-02-19, 15:14   Link #177
Guido

Quote:
There's the possibility of a relation that connects Rena and now Arika with the blue star.

It is some suspicious that nothing has come out about the Blue Star, except for the story that Sergey told Arika.

That or the Souten no Seigyoku keeps a connection with the Blue Star.

Besides, Reito's ambush to the Fuuka castle was for the ancient technology hidden underneath and that's why the raid to Windbloom fifteen years ago.

But who or what made the decision to seal all of the secrets from the ancient human technology?

Was it Fumi Himeno after surviving the horrors of the Twelve Kingdoms War?
That she did not wish for other calamities to occur in the distant future. Because of the greed and malice of humans that covet power and abuse it.

But keeping or limiting the GEM technology was a selfish act and behaviour by Garderobe, because as Midori explains it the nanomachine technology will be able to improve the life quality of the people and opening the door for medical applications.

And there's more about the harmonium if also keeps connection with the Blue Star.
Old 2006-02-19, 15:17   Link #178
monster

Quote:
That is highly unlikely. Why would Smith destroy the alliance with Aswald by taking Rena's body if any former Master Otome with children would work.
Maybe, but it's also possible that Smith's group is too weak to attack any country with an Otome on their own, so they need Midori's group. And since they're both interested in the Otome technology, the logical choice would be Windbloom and Rena is a bonus. What good is the alliance to Smith when he can make use of Rena's body? Not that I'm saying Rena's not special...
Old 2006-02-19, 15:40   Link #179
Orchunter226
Is rather bored...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido

Was it Fumi Himeno after surviving the horrors of the Twelve Kingdoms War?
That she did not wish for other calamities to occur in the distant future. Because of the greed and malice of humans that covet power and abuse it.

But keeping or limiting the GEM technology was a selfish act and behaviour by Garderobe, because as Midori explains it the nanomachine technology will be able to improve the life quality of the people and opening the door for medical applications.

And there's more about the harmonium if also keeps connection with the Blue Star.

The problem I see is if you give everyone the technology everyone can abuse it. Yes, it can be used to help many, but it can be used to hurt many also. So there is a drawback.

Now I do think Garderobe was being selfish but if they had released all their technology people would use it for bad things... humans just tend to do that.
Old 2006-02-19, 15:59   Link #180
Matrim

Quote:
I've often wondered why Rena thought it a good idea to send the only heir of the kingdom, protective container aside, down what looks like a sewer alone.
Because the writers decided to rip-off the story of Moses from the Bible.

Quote:
The problem I see is if you give everyone the technology everyone can abuse it. Yes, it can be used to help many, but it can be used to hurt many also. So there is a drawback.

Now I do think Garderobe was being selfish but if they had released all their technology people would use it for bad things... humans just tend to do that.
Of course, there is a drawback.But if in real life some organization appeared and proclaimed that no technology invented in the past hundred years would be available to anyone but them because people can't use it properly without abusing it I doubt many people around the world would accept that.
Closed Thread