AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2006-02-15, 17:07   Link #1
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
[Some Manga spoilers] Theories how to splice anime filler into Manga

So, Renji on earth, and now Rukia, and Ichigos inability to Ban kai, and with the appearance of Urahara's Modsouls.... How do you think we are going to merge back into the Manga storyline?

Personally, I have no idea how they do it...However I hope they don't start sprinkling Manga into the filler, because that will totally screw up the later scenes, Like how Rukia just showed up in the anime...Makes it almost impossible for the shock and awe scene that appears in the manga now, Specially if they put more Shinigami on earth...it will totally ruin the impact and dialog of the scene when all the Shinigami show up at Ichigo's school.
Old 2006-02-15, 17:39   Link #2
Biswa

Well, i agree that the shock of their reapparance will really be lowered in the anime now, because of this filler arc. But i think one way to sort of prevent that is how they conclude this filler arc. It may find a way to find a way imply that they WILL be back, but the bigger shock will go towards their reapprance as school members, not just as regular shinigami. So not all is lost, but it may be left entirely up to the presentation since we can't go back on plot events now.
Biswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-15, 17:49   Link #3
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I don't see that this is such a big deal. Mostly, I'm glad that they aren't treating the manga with such reverence that they are afraid to make little changes. Unless they can change little things, they're going to be so paralyzed that this entire filler arc should be used as landfill.

What is the big deal with the little things that they are changing?

They are adding 3 mod souls - big deal. It's not as though they would be useful in the serious fights anyway. They are just going to be reduced to background color when future chapters are animated. Maybe they'll even add some comedy which, quite frankly, the current manga needs... badly!

Ichigo's inability to bankai - brilliant, actually. This will keep him from destroying filler villians with ridiculous ease and also create an ongoing subplot as he discovers how to attain that intensity without being in a month long running battle to save Rukia. Surely he'll regain the ability in the final filler episode and we'll be ready to go back to animating manga.

Renji on earth, and now Rukia... Is this even a change? Okay, we're adding shinigami to earth one-by-one instead of all at once. This is actually superior to adding them all in a single moment. When we got that huge crowd of shinigami showing up at the school it was just too much all at once. The story possibilities are much better when they are added one at a time. Once we have them all on earth, maybe even enrolled as transfer students, then we'll be ready to return to the manga story.

You'll have to explain the problem better because I just don't see it.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-15, 19:10   Link #4
Tempestuousfury
Continually amazed

Send a message via AIM to Tempestuousfury
I think the problem is that how they are getting to the same point (both manga and anime) is very different, which might potentially be the problem? *shrugs* I agree with the argument that the anime should not necessarily follow the manga, though not wholeheartedly, since I want to see how the manga is animated. However, if the anime does go back to the manga plot eventually, that'd be great, but if it does not, hopefully they can make up for it, or make I can just accept the anime plot and enjoy it. :P
Old 2006-02-15, 21:55   Link #5
KanaKaishou

I'm with NSW on this one. The filler "fits" with the manga very well, but isn't limited by it. SO WHAT if the shinigami come to the real world one by one. It makes more sense in the long run...

Besides, I'm *tired* of manga readers acting like prescient snobs.

I think it's a different road that the anime is taking to the same point.
KanaKaishou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-15, 23:10   Link #6
Scarlet

I understand that people are upset that the big entrance was ruined. I look at it differently though. It's going to be a long time before the anime goes back to the manga. By the time they make their grand entrance again, it'll be 6-12 months down the road. That's enough of a gap imo.
Scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-15, 23:43   Link #7
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
Quote:
Originally Posted by KanaKaishou
I'm with NSW on this one. The filler "fits" with the manga very well, but isn't limited by it. SO WHAT if the shinigami come to the real world one by one. It makes more sense in the long run...

Besides, I'm *tired* of manga readers acting like prescient snobs.

I think it's a different road that the anime is taking to the same point.

No one is acting like a snob here, Simply posing the question how the filler is going to intigrate back into the original story.

Shinigami came to the real world because of the Arrankar threat, Which they've pushed a long ways off.

I honestly hope they do not plan a full year of fillers, however. I how the year is in the anime, and not real world time.
Old 2006-02-16, 01:01   Link #8
brightredglow

It will end up as a "To each his/her own preference".

I am finally admitting that I've seen some of the fillers and I'll admit that I didn't care for what I saw. Call me a manga snob, if you will although it will be new label for me, but in Bleach (the manga), the little details add up to the whole and therefore, they do matter. In the anime, the details don't matter in the same way and they'll merge or change the storyline as they see fit or as time permits. Bleach won't be the first manga that this has been done to and it won't be last.

Sometimes the changes will work and sometimes they won't.

But since the anime is appears to be diverging from the manga timeline, we now have a manga canon and anime canon so debating points and storylines is going to get plenty weird from now on.

The anime may eventually line up with the manga but there will be distinct different flavor to the storyline.

Again, it'll come down to preference. I prefer the manga (and I am one of those people who complained at the beginning about the pacing and the lack of humor in the new arc but I now find that the tone and pacing is all coming together perfectly) to the anime (I am just not feeling it and I'll leave it at that), but I know that others will feel differently.
brightredglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 02:14   Link #9
freakabcd

I like how it is now. Who knows, Rukia might go back to SS before the filler arcs finish! The previous definitely was waaay better than the previous (filler)episodes.

Also, is it certain that its Rukia standing in front of Ichigo? I know the next ep preview etc. is the rukia seiyuu, but I don;t recall Rukia being able to do lightning thingies from her sword
freakabcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 02:16   Link #10
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakabcd
I like how it is now. Who knows, Rukia might go back to SS before the filler arcs finish! The previous definitely was waaay better than the previous (filler)episodes.

Also, is it certain that its Rukia standing in front of Ichigo? I know the next ep preview etc. is the rukia seiyuu, but I don;t recall Rukia being able to do lightning thingies from her sword
That wasn't a lightning thingie from her sword. Unless I am mistaken it was a demon art. We didn't actually see how she created it, sword or otherwise, so I am guessing, but she led her class in the demon arts if you recall, so it seems likely.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 02:49   Link #11
gghochu

bleach filler is starting to become just as bad as naruto filler.... except better animation, but still ruining the original manga storyline and making ichigo and renji look pathetically weak... good thing the filler for bleach is much shorter as it will be back with the storyline in april?
gghochu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 03:56   Link #12
Morisato

Better than curry at least.

Anyways, they've already fucked up the storyline with these fillers and the power levels. Mod Souls? Obsolete before they even got used? Overpowering ICHIGO????

Yep, they've really messed it up now, not to mention the early arrivals of the shinigamis.
Morisato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 05:39   Link #13
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I like the manga, but I also like the anime. I like what the anime has been doing now - it has been trying to develop characters even through the filler plot. As cited before, I think, the example of Ishida.

Spoiler for about Ishida in manga:

Spoiler for about Soi Fon in the manga:

It's all about character development, people. By the time in the future when the manga does correspond with the anime, there will be clarity in perception of the thoughts of the different characters, and ultimately we will know their motivations and internal thoughts.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote