AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Asatte no Houkou

Notices

Old 2006-10-20, 17:12   Link #201
nojay
Scanlator

Megane-ko

I expect the kiddie's fashion section in the opticians is a bit, umm, limited. She probably wants to not look too much like the old Shouko if possible, to hide her secret from Hino. She also might be conserving her money supply; she's not going to be earning a wage any time soon (OK, Karada might be able to do stuff like waitressing but that's not a given).

Rob's Anime Meganekko Gallery is not getting updated too often these days but when it does, I'm sure Shouko will be in there (in both forms).

For the uninitiated, megane-ko = "glasses girl".
nojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-20, 17:25   Link #202
wingnut2292
Go Get'em Tigers!

Send a message via AIM to wingnut2292
AnH Episode 3 (Raw) reactions and AnH Picture

Wow. While I have no clue as to most of the dialoge, the episode was good. The pace picks up pace a bit more, but not too much. I's really starting to regret that this is inly 12 eps. while 24 would be too long, 18 would be enjoyable.

There was some age based humor. As Karada and Shouko were shoping for new clothes, Karada had to be the one to do all the buisness, talking to sales people, handleing money. Karada had to refer to Shouko several times for advice, or be corected for a mistake. One thing I thought was cute was when Karada was trying to get the clothes that she & Shouko bought, Karada couldn't read the kanji the form was printed on.

There was some humor with this episode, but the humor wan't contived and was very real. (unlike it could of been. Most anime with a role-change plot twist tend to come up with contrived plots to take advantage of the role exchange, nearly beaking either the 4th wall or the suspention of disbelief. Not so with Asatte no Houkou.)

There were a couble flashbacks, and Shouko-kodoma had a conversation with Hiro. I won't discuss what I thought was said in that converdation to prevent unpleasant spoilers.

I was surfing the web and found a post-change picture of Shouko and Karada. It's the same one the appears at the opening of the Lunar fansub. Currently, It's my desktop wallpaper.

Well, it looks like Internet Explorer works well with this web forum. nice to have an alternitive if Firefox has problems.

Now the waiting for Lunar do it's magic... come on, clock move faster!
wingnut2292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-20, 18:59   Link #203
DoReMiFaSo
Samba!!

Watched ep3.

Spoiler:

Oh, and Shouko was very cute in this episode, especially when she was posing in front of the mirror.
DoReMiFaSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-20, 19:07   Link #204
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggplant View Post
Watched episode 3, ah, the plot thickens.
Spoiler for Episode3:

Spoiler for Episode3:
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-20, 20:56   Link #205
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theowne View Post
physics223, I agree that this is better then Kanon, but I think we don't need to keep saying it in every post

I realized I don't have much info about the manga for this series. Is it going to be completed anytime soon, or is a deviation from the plot expected to close the anime?
When did two posts become every post?

I don't know anything about this series's manga, but really ... I think that it will end well [not in a happy-ending sort of way, but in a really well-made ending sort of way].

I ask forgiveness for waxing lyrical about shows I'm addicted to; I guess it's a part of my personality and I just couldn't help it sometimes. Now let's get back to more discussion.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-21, 02:52   Link #206
JediNight
キズランダム

Thoughts on Ep3:
Spoiler:
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-21, 10:08   Link #207
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Think that Karada is only a 12-year old girl in an adult woman's body. Being sexually interested in her own brother at that age is highly improbable. As for Shouko ... well ...
Old 2006-10-21, 10:55   Link #208
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223 View Post
Think that Karada is only a 12-year old girl in an adult woman's body. Being sexually interested in her own brother at that age is highly improbable. As for Shouko ... well ...
There is this long running cliche from shows like DCSS and now Gift eternal rainbow where they go through all the trauma of having a younger sister not blood related have a thing for her "older brother". The difference in this show is the apparent age difference is much more pronounced, so it wasnt even imaginable. However, with the body switch they have introduced the possibilty, as now karada is an adult. There is the danger that they might do something rash and lose/ruin their brother/sister status.

With Shouko, she has the opposite problem. No matter how much she and hiro reconcile their differences emotionally and mentally, and even if they come to realize they still loved each other... with her trapped in a little kids body for the time being they wont be able to recover their old relationship physically. And she wont be able to tempt him with her "iroke", which is now gone.

OTOH, the show could focus on the simpler issues: being the wrong size body for one's mental state. Hiro being unable to believe the apparent age change and flipping out alot. The amino familiy's interference & antics. (i.e. all the less traumatic stuff)
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-21, 11:22   Link #209
Wosho128
I like tinkering on stuff

WOW!

I just watched episode one, I am blown away!

The pacing, the story and characters are all great! And don't get me started on the production values!

Aw man, I think I'm about to have a fangasm!

One thing though, why does Hiro have so much hair that you can't see his face? I feel like he's lost under there.

Oh well, I'll keep watching, this is a new favorite.
Wosho128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-21, 11:55   Link #210
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

As I see it, the producers try to portray this anime in a realistic light. With that as the case, it's quite hard to believe if they followed the imouto liking the older brother path. It's TOO cliched, and TOO absurd. Aside from that, it's TOO unrealistic: as far as I know, even siblings that were adopted and have a significant age gap don't really develop sexual interests for one another most of the time (there are always exceptions).
Old 2006-10-21, 13:57   Link #211
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

While I didn't like episode 1 much (maybe some unlikeable tracts/behavior on the characters), I liked much more episode 2.
Being it so full of pauses and long silences, I think it represents well the unreal kind of situation which it has been created.

As for the characters' development, I thought Shouko would have been a bit less calm in her reaction, than she was. At first I thought she couldn't have been fully realized what was happened, or that she could have had a memory loss. Instead she even sympathizes with Karada, which is the cause of her new status of child, forgetting the incomprehension of first episode (due to jealousy).
Karada's reaction is kind of normal imho, since it's still a 12 yo in a woman's body the matter we are discussing about.

I'm curious if Hiro ran away after the encounter, for actually not believing in what he saw, and thus go searching his imouto elsewhere, or for rejecting what had all the hints to represent the truth (although in a crazy way).
As for the possible development of Karada + Hiro , I admit I haven't thought at it until I read it here. But seriously I hope not. It would be a non-sense, or better, it would be off track in this situation. And while I sometimes can justify a relation between bro and sis, this wouldn't be the case.

Instead, I expect the anime to be more focused on the new life of this two (one phisically, one mentally) women, although being a quite original development, I can't imagine where the show will actually head in the next episodes.
Old 2006-10-21, 14:08   Link #212
Quajafrie
Not here anymore!

Seriously, it will be so bad if it turns out to be a "forbidden love" anime. But there's no way that can happen.
Quajafrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-21, 14:12   Link #213
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quajafrie View Post
Seriously, it will be so bad if it turns out to be a "forbidden love" anime. But there's no way that can happen.
well script writers love clichés so for all we know it can happen...but that would just be boring...i want something special to happen instead *thinks of ideas*

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-21, 14:18   Link #214
DanielSong39

Lots of familiar character designs here...

Yukito (AIR) lives with his little sister Akane (KGNE) in a small town, and are friends with Miss Ayano (Chokotto Sister) and her little brother. They run in to Shouko, an old flame of Yukito.

Later, Akane transforms into Card Captor Sakura/Kiri (Canvas 2) while Shouko becomes Choco (Chokotto Sister).

Still looking for the token blond foreigner.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-21, 19:06   Link #215
JediNight
キズランダム

More on Ep3:
Spoiler:

Shouko and Karada: The Really Odd Couple =D

Last edited by JediNight; 2006-10-21 at 19:24.
Old 2006-10-21, 19:09   Link #216
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

The wish stone seems a half-arsed reason to have a 'forbidden love' anime between Karada and Hiro. Koi Kaze, arguably the best anime on the topic of incest, really did its research - subliminal things that weren't really mentioned like the fact that the two main characters only met after a long time of NOT growing up together grounded it in the basis of scientific fact.

This series aims for realism - the years spent by Karada growing up alongside Hiro would have desensitized him from being sexually interested in her, and likewise with Karada. I don't think forbidden love is an option if they started the anime to be as serious as that - that would be a mockery to the intelligence of the viewers, a succumbing to the ever-stacking pile of anime cliches, and most probably a total degeneration and degradation of the anime that seems to be the best of this season to a pile of crap.
Old 2006-10-21, 19:14   Link #217
JediNight
キズランダム

Enough with the forbidden love harping physics ;p We don't even know if they are going to go down that route at all at this point. Nothing to this point suggests that Hiro had a romantic interest in Karada before the change, and so far he doesn't even know/believe that the adult Karada is really her.

Likewise, Karada has not shown any interest in Hiro beyond the familial love for a bigger brother -- especially when he is the ONLY family she has.
Old 2006-10-21, 19:56   Link #218
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

That's it. We don't know, and we most likely don't want them to. God, that will so suck. Since it was iterated by Quajafrie, I just wanted to reply on what I thought about ... well, forbidden love.
Old 2006-10-21, 20:57   Link #219
landau

The chance for the story of this show to turn into "forbidden love" is slim if the anime follows closely to the plot of manga:
Spoiler for Don't open this tag if you don't want to be spoiled:
landau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-21, 21:28   Link #220
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

That certainly STRUCK me. Hard. :|

Tags
drama, fantasy, j.c. staff, romance, seinen, slice of life, supernatural