AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Asatte no Houkou

Notices

Old 2006-10-28, 18:51   Link #321
martino
makes no files now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
oh im not saying it wouldnt be intresting and somewhat funny what makes it ewwwwww is shes still a little girl i dont care if she has the body of an adult.
That's a very interesting point. She has a body of an adult, but a mind of a child. This can surely complicate some things...
Old 2006-10-28, 18:59   Link #322
Kaoru Chujo
Kuno Misaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar View Post
Where is everybody getting the name "Tetsuya" from? (watching all 4 eps, I havent caught a scene where they even said his full first name yet, so all I have to go by is what the official site says it is. Did I miss it ? )
It probably came from ANN, which says "Tetsuya." And so does the online dictionary I use. So that's probably the more usual pronunciation of the characters as a name.

But in fact, the official site makes it "Tetsumasa": 網野徹允(あみのてつまさ). Official sites have been known to be wrong, but I'd certainly go with that until someone hears it in the show or from the director or writer.

Am I right in thinking that his sister is the only one likely to use that name?
Kuno Misaki 久野美咲 age 21. 2009 - King of Thorn (Alie). 2010 - Oreimo (Bridget). 2012 - Black Rock Shooter (Hiro). 2013 - Problem children (Melln). Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS (Mimi), Log Horizon (Serara), Galilei Donna (Grande Rosso). 2014 - Noragami (Keiichi), Escha and Logy (Kuu), Zvezda Plot (Hoshimiya Kate/Venera-sama), Wixoss (Tama), Mahouka Koukou (Kasuga Nanami), Flag o Oraretara (Kurumiko), Nanana (Saki), Seven Deadly Sins (Hawk).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | autumn 2014 previews | autumn 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: Sailor Moon Crystal | Amagi Brilliant Park | Coffin-Princess Chaika | Cross Ange | Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai | Danna ga Nani ga Itteru | Denkigai no Honya-san | Donten ni Warau | Le Fruit de la Grisaia | Gugure! Kokkuri-san | Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de | Madan no Ou to Vanadis | Orenchi no Furo Jijou | Seven Deadly Sins | Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso | Shirobako | Sora no Method | Tribe Cool Crew | Trinity Seven | Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-28, 19:37   Link #323
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
i do not know where you got that name from but tetsuya is the name of the boy that likes karada...maybe you mixed up the spelling?
Quote:
Originally Posted by from wiki
Tetsuya Amino
Tetsuya is Karada's classmate and one of her closest friends. Tetsuya is quite tall, joking that he is sometimes mistaken for a high school student. It is implied that he likes Karada - when Karada "went missing" after she became older, he ran all over town to find her.
Interesting, I hadn't seen the E wiki page. I don't know what their source is though.

OTOH, the Japanese wiki page says tetsumasa:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiki
網野 徹允(あみの てつまさ):野村勝人
からだの級友。背が高いため、高校生に見えることが多い。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
It probably came from ANN, which says "Tetsuya." And so does the online dictionary I use. So that's probably the more usual pronunciation of the characters as a name.
ah, I've gone ahead and submited tetsumasa as a reading of 徹允 to enamdict.
I dont know which pronunciation is more common.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
Am I right in thinking that his sister is the only one likely to use that name?

I think I heard her call him "Tetsu" once, but I couldnt find it searching through the video again. AFAIK, his full name hasnt been used by anyone yet, I guess thats because he is just a side character.
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-28, 20:56   Link #324
JediNight
キズランダム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar View Post
Not "Tetsumasa"
Manga spoilers?! /closes eyes
Not manga spoilers, I've never read the manga. And the manga is only at Vol3 so ... either it's going to be one of those short 4vol mangas (most likely) or there IS a way they could extend it out longer and go down the Karada/Hiro route that wouldn't screw over the other characters.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-28, 22:04   Link #325
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
Not manga spoilers, I've never read the manga. And the manga is only at Vol3 so ... either it's going to be one of those short 4vol mangas (most likely) or there IS a way they could extend it out longer and XXXXX
Hrm,
but by saying that arent you revealing info about what has or has not happened in the manga?

Last edited by Srin Tuar; 2006-10-28 at 22:54.
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-29, 01:08   Link #326
JediNight
キズランダム

How can I spoil something I haven't read? I have NO idea about the manga. Zip. I was just trying to throw some theoretical supposition out there for all the people who wanted to see Karada/Hiro happen. And the reason I feel it might only be around 4 vols is because they started an anime on a show where theres only 3 vols out and its only 12eps long. So unless they plan to leave us completely in the lurch with an incomplete story like Pilot Candidate, then expect the manga not to be very long either :P
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-30, 13:17   Link #327
Muddle!

Send a message via AIM to Muddle!
I'm really enjoying this show so far it is definitely my favorite show of the season. The atmosphere it has is well special I guess? Oh well I won't go on about that a lot of people have already commented on it.

When it comes to the situation with Hiro-nii not telling Shouko about his plans to stay in Japan sooner I can't really get mad at him after seeing how hard the situation has got to him. Though admittedly it wasn't the best move to wait and it definitely hurt Shouko more than she deserved I imagine he probably had many problems deciding on how to tell her as that isn't exactly something simple to bring up.

However...

Spoiler:
Muddle! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-30, 21:17   Link #328
iczelion74
Lost Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by martino View Post
That's a very interesting point. She has a body of an adult, but a mind of a child. This can surely complicate some things...
I work with plenty of biologically 20 and 30 year olds with the mind of a child, so no big deal there.
Old 2006-10-31, 01:09   Link #329
DanielSong39

Unfortunately, Karada seems to have a more mature mind than the majority of characters in bishoujo dating sims...

One has to wonder what the world is coming to.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-31, 01:17   Link #330
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by iczelion74 View Post
I work with plenty of biologically 20 and 30 year olds with the mind of a child, so no big deal there.
uber dittos.... and on the flip side, I encounter young teens with far more clue than people twice their age.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-31, 08:12   Link #331
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
oh im not saying it wouldnt be intresting and somewhat funny what makes it ewwwwww is shes still a little girl i dont care if she has the body of an adult.
Well, I've seen various similar posts, I just picked one. I don't remember seeing anyone addressing the issue, but whatever. Is HiroxShouko any good in her current state? I mean, she does have the mind of an adult, and since Karada is ruled out because, despite being fully physically developed, she is still psychologically undeveloped, I'd like to ask what people think about HiroxShouko

Now, let's see. We have someone who just got a fully functional adult body (hormone-active) but didn't have the chance to reach a certain level of psychological development, and on the other hand, we have someone who just got a pre-puberty body while having a (well, depends on how you look at it) mature personality. Physically wise, that's what's going to happen : Karada's new body will enable her to mature as well as develop erotic urges in a way that defies developmental stages. On the contrary, Shouko will be wiped of any sexual urges whatsoever. Using this case, I'd argue that whoever is saying that HiroxKarada is "ewwwwww" clearly doesn't know what he's talking about. The law may obviously prohibit that since any legal documents around are bound to show Karada's pre-altered body age, but other than that, yes, it's ok otherwise. Shouko's case would be a special case using this reasoning, it requires data I don't have access to, and I don't want to discuss it. Suffice to say that I lean towards rejecting a HiroxShouko using this argument.

Let's ASSUME however that there's another magical factor that discounts the biological aspects and therefore transfers the personalities intact and without further change in the new bodies. We're left with someone who has a full adult body but no sexual desires at all AND a non-adult mindset, and someone who just got a pre-puberty body BUT retained her personality ALONG WITH all and any adult-considered aspects, including sexual urges. While I can't really comprehend something actually working like that, I'll agree that a HiroxKarada match isn't possible with that setup, because Karada's mind isn't ready for an adult relationship. I mean, if a woman says no for whatever reason, it's a no, you don't know whether she had some sort of psychological-developmental halt or she just doesn't want to. You don't really expect Karada in her current state to say "let's have sex", do you? What about Shouko then? Well, legal documents CAN prove she's over the age of consent, even if her body is like it is, her mindset is that of an adult, so, before anyone following the recent trend shouts "PEDOPHILE! BLOODY MURDER!", yes, using the second case, a HiroxShouko in her current form is ok, even by law.

I won't even comment on the non-blood related sibling romance.

This whole thing means that, providing reasons (pretty easily too), the writer can go wherever he likes with romance, although I don't think his main point is this, so we can all, more or less, drop it now.

Although I was pretty covered by iczelion74 and Vexx's post, I just had to post something.

Damn... I wish I could conduct some psychological research on those two
npal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-31, 13:13   Link #332
Nemo_N
Anime Leecher

(Hey, they moved this to the Popular section!)

I think they may play with the Karada x Hiro relationship, but only to show some reaction from Shouko; she was already jealous when Karada was a child, so I expect her to get a little bit nastier towards Karada at some point.
Nemo_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-31, 14:26   Link #333
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

@npal: I just find that simply being older provides no indication of any critical thinking skills or wisdom. The extra experience only means something if one *actually* modifies one's outlook based on it.
Brain pre-wiring and what one does with that wiring has a lot more to do with "adulthood" than biological age.

The other issue is that a lot of "sexual urge" is hormonally driven... so having an adult personality injected into a *pre-adolescent* child will probably cause a sublimation of desire for sex, though they'd still be able to conduct deep relationships. Adolescence fires such a truckload of hormones through the body and altering brain chemistry that most young teens are certifiably insane by stabilized adult standards (part of the reasoning behind setting the age of consent to at least 14 in most places).

For the purposes of this series, I don't think you can take all this tooooo seriously although it seems to have more meat to it than, say, Disney's Freaky Friday (aieeee, run away!). It is a fantasy, but so far a nice "what if" Twilight Zone kind of scenario.

(back to downloading)
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-31, 15:49   Link #334
vuori
The red fish is wisdom

Got the manga vol 1-2 today, it's furiganated if anyone cares. Only read up to chapter 5 so far (and watched the anime up to episode 4), so far I've preferred the anime since the atmosphere of the manga is rather lighter, plus I prefer Shouko's charadesign in the anime (I think someone posted the covers before, Shouko looks pretty much the same on the cover as in the content).

General comments and impressions regarding differences between the initial parts of the manga and anime (not necessarily spoilerrific and/or plot-related, but YMMV):

Spoiler for manga spoilers:
vuori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-31, 20:30   Link #335
Theowne
耳をすませば

Send a message via Skype™ to Theowne
Wow, I didn't expect this show to get it's own forum.

With all things said and done I do kind of think it's odd that Hiro would use a letter as his way of telling Shouko what happens, but maybe we'll see more of his side of the story in following episodes.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-01, 00:56   Link #336
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb Send a message via Skype™ to aliensporebomb
Watched 1/2/3 in rapid succession and am quite pleased with what I've seen thus far,
very good pacing and scenery, interesting and compelling characters. More later after
I've had a chance to absorb everything fully.
Old 2006-11-01, 21:04   Link #337
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Holy crap, an Asatte no Houkou subforum. Good to see that such a quality series is getting popular recognition.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-03, 21:59   Link #338
Pakxenon
popcorn

Sweetness! It's own forum!!!

*patiently waiting for Lunar's 9 days overdue*
Pakxenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-03, 22:26   Link #339
DanielSong39

Love her or hate her, I'd have to say Shouko is the key to making this show work. Some of the scenes with chibi Shouko are absolutely priceless.

As for the whole Hiro/Karada deal... if anything it's likely to be one-sided; Hiro may have some feelings for Karada but it's doubtful that they will be reciprocated. Tetsu is her love interest and Hiro is her brother - it seems pretty clear-cut from her end.

Let's see how things work out with Hiro and Shouko. I think things are still salvageable, but it will take some time. Love the realism in Shouko's emotions; I'm pretty sure that most jilted lovers would react in a similar manner.

Hopefully the two characters will return to normal by the end of the show, and Hiro and Shouko will at least agree to work things out. That's really all I'm looking for at this point.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-01, 22:26   Link #340
Zilveari
Retired(?) Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Zilveari
Too tired and lazy to read through 5 hours worth of posts soo.... Chipping in my two cents:

Shouko makes a better(cuter) chibi than Karada

Karada makes a better(hotter) adult than Shouko

Discuss

P.S. EVERYTHING is priceless with Shouko as a child. She's too cute x.x
Zilveari is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, fantasy, j.c. staff, romance, seinen, slice of life, supernatural