AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-01-14, 19:51   Link #81
Zhemos

No one is subbing this series?
Zhemos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 19:56   Link #82
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhemos View Post
No one is subbing this series?
Well, give it a bit of time, you know? I know a lot of groups wait for at least two episodes to make sure they'll like a show before starting it. Plus, they also tend to wait 'till most of the season premieres have aired before making a decision (and some shows only premiered a within the last few days). I think it's a pretty sure bet that someone will sub it sooner or later...
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 21:09   Link #83
Zhemos

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, give it a bit of time, you know? I know a lot of groups wait for at least two episodes to make sure they'll like a show before starting it. Plus, they also tend to wait 'till most of the season premieres have aired before making a decision (and some shows only premiered a within the last few days). I think it's a pretty sure bet that someone will sub it sooner or later...
Hehe, yea.

I'm just suprised no one has subbed it yet, I expected it to be one of the famous over subbed shows this season.
Zhemos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 22:02   Link #84
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

well i'll say this ryoumi subs is doing the fansubbing for manabi straight, they already tled the promo for this anime so just be patient!
holyman282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-15, 19:50   Link #85
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
hmm ep 2...
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-16, 06:40   Link #86
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Non-spoilery thoughts: very cute! I expect this to be a "heartwarming" kind of story, perhaps with a twist (as seen from the PVs). Essentially a group of friends going through what friends do, except in somewhat special circumstances (in the year 2035, for one).

Spoiler for Up to ep 2:

I'm also fairly impressed by the general presentation and style of the show. This is quite apart from the "OMG MOE~" aspect, which is enough to keep me watching on its own.

Spoiler for Mostly about style:

Finally, I love the clap-clapping BGM in certain scenes.
"That was actually quite thought-provoking. Does that violate the forum rules?"
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-16, 11:02   Link #87
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
well i'll say this ryoumi subs is doing the fansubbing for manabi straight, they already tled the promo for this anime so just be patient!
I hope they finish the ones they're working on and don't over-extend themselves. Really like their work on the shows they're doing at the moment.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-16, 17:35   Link #88
holyman282

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I hope they finish the ones they're working on and don't over-extend themselves. Really like their work on the shows they're doing at the moment.
Well the thing is spinal told me that they have a different tler econder ect working on each series so over exerting themselves shouldn't be a problem...
Old 2007-01-16, 18:23   Link #89
Lunacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
hmm ep 2...
Spoiler:
Hehe.. that part is awesome: "seitokaichou style!" ^^v And I agree, the insert song is nice. The opening is nice, too, where the girls does a "Jet Grind Radio".

My favorite scene of episode 2 is definitely when:
Spoiler for Ep.2:

There is nothing more to say about this series that people haven't already: heartwarming, cute, fluid animation, fantastic seiyuu etc. This series is definitely a keeper. It makes me say "maasugu go!".
Old 2007-01-16, 18:29   Link #90
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
Spoiler for Up to ep 2:

I'm also fairly impressed by the general presentation and style of the show. This is quite apart from the "OMG MOE~" aspect, which is enough to keep me watching on its own.

Finally, I love the clap-clapping BGM in certain scenes.
Agreed! That's probably the basic reason why the show is drawing fans of various genre other than the blatant fans of lolis and lolitrons. For the clap-clapping BGM, while it is nice to hear, I thought it was overly used in episode 2, and not always for the suitable scenes! Btw, is it possible that the ufotable has to use language tools as well for English translation purpose?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman
Well the thing is spinal told me that they have a different tler econder ect working on each series so over exerting themselves shouldn't be a problem...
Grossly Offtopic: I am in the same opinion as Vexx when it comes to fansubber's picking new series. Spinal's team might be in a good position in the present, but if another translator is recalled by real life, such as mothers, Ryoumi will be in a delicate position.
Old 2007-01-17, 09:47   Link #91
Impz
Insanity Anime Blogger

The parody on fat chubby lolis is done after a post by Hinano about the series being chutopia.

I loved Manabi Straight, don't get me wrong. Still, Manabi Straight is too cool and i had to make a whole parody out of it. Be ready to be frozen by my chilling sense of humor!

Click the signature!
Impz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-17, 12:44   Link #92
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Uh oh...

Spoiler:

Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-17, 13:39   Link #93
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ LOL...now you have just ruined an image of a great man

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-17, 14:16   Link #94
stevency
To kill or be killed?!

^^" いい加減すぎるwww

The parody really hit the nail and made my day.
stevency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-17, 17:23   Link #95
holyman282

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Grossly Offtopic: I am in the same opinion as Vexx when it comes to fansubber's picking new series. Spinal's team might be in a good position in the present, but if another translator is recalled by real life, such as mothers, Ryoumi will be in a delicate position.

well when you say such as mothers.. I believe you mean mangatron.. but from what i heard he isn't doing the translation.. But you do have a point... I was scared to death once near December when i heard Spinal moved the translator for toki to work on another series.. but luckily he found someone else to do the translation, who promised him before... Overdoing something might be a problem but i have confidence in Ryoumi.. They seem to be growing into a big fansubber and more and more ppl are interested in joining their team.
Old 2007-01-19, 01:33   Link #96
iamtetsuo
Thinking Different Member
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to iamtetsuo
Azai Fansubs bursts onto the scene with the first episode of Manabi Straight! Get it here: http://a.scarywater.net/azai/
Old 2007-01-19, 08:23   Link #97
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
For some reason, I can't get the opening song and animation out of my head.

It's just so upbeat and cheery, but not in a hyper way.
"That was actually quite thought-provoking. Does that violate the forum rules?"
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-19, 12:09   Link #98
aeroshadow
?

Send a message via AIM to aeroshadow
I liked it. I'll try not to complain about the cliche characters too much, since from shows like these, it's kind of expected. What I did appreciate was the fact that the show had enough energy to keep me interested.

I'm not really sure what to say. There's nothing amazing here, but well, there was nothing extremely objectionable, either.

*shrugs*

rofl @ Pedobear
aeroshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-19, 22:42   Link #99
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 1.

Holy crap. I have such incredibly mixed feelings on UFOtable, since I thoroughly enjoyed Futakoi Alternative but thought Coyote Ragtime was total crap. It's way too early to say some far out declaration like "this is a return to form for UFOtable", but it's incredibly tempting to do so. Needless to say, I'm very intrigued.

But UFOtable has a history of offering these eccentric, bizarre first episodes and then going down a completely different path. I don't think that's a necessarily bad thing, but it does irk a lot of people, particularly the type who set their expectations in stone based on the first episode. So, I think the lesson with UFOtable is to watch the first episode and then expect the unexpected.

But, as far as this first episode is concerned, I thoroughly enjoyed that. It hasn't even been a week since I saw the first episode of Nodame Contabile and said something along the lines of "eccentric characters are always a recipe for entertainment" and that certainly rings true here. I can't help but totally love these off-the-wall types like Manabi who see the world in a slightly different light. And I love the life that Horie Yui brings to her. If there's one thing that's remained constant throughout whatever number of years I've been watching anime for, it's my love for Horie Yui. I couldn't say something like "only she could do this role", since that's not true, but I think it'll become easier to appreciate just how talented she is, and just how much difference her presence makes to a character like Manabi down the road.

I want to compliment the directing as well, but according to ANN, this show has no director. It's an incredibly eclectic style very reminiscent of Samurai Champloo, of all things, and it works perfectly in a comedy like this. But it's not totally random and unrestrained, which works well and makes the humour very well weighted. The timing is near perfect as well.

Overall verdict: this has potential, that's for sure. If they do things right, this could be one of those rare shows that offers the formula for how to do a moe anime right.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-20, 01:17   Link #100
Asrialys

Darn LOL Can't play either files properly...
Asrialys is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, moe, school life, seinen, ufotable