AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-03-02, 16:43   Link #61
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Chie's all girl - there's no doubt in my mind. The very idea...!!!

And if anyone's counting, Sergay did say 'Arinko-kun' at the end of Ep 13 when he just called her 'Arinko-chan' a few sentences before. Safe to say he's a pretty friendly guy no matter what so that's probably why they make his honorifics jump around like that when adressing girls. Although comparing Sergay with Tate, Tate never really used honorifics with anyone from his class/grade level. With Reito and Musashi and those older than he was, yeah he did use honorifics.
Old 2006-03-02, 16:57   Link #62
Guido

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35
Chie's all girl - there's no doubt in my mind. The very idea...!!!

And if anyone's counting, Sergay did say 'Arinko-kun' at the end of Ep 13 when he just called her 'Arinko-chan' a few sentences before. Safe to say he's a pretty friendly guy no matter what so that's probably why they make his honorifics jump around like that when adressing girls. Although comparing Sergay with Tate, Tate never really used honorifics with anyone from his class/grade level. With Reito and Musashi and those older than he was, yeah he did use honorifics.
Are you sure that Chie's a girl at the chromosome level?
What if she's a XY-girl in her genotype, but still in her phenotype she is physically, anatomically, and psychologically a girl.
But that's very stupid for me to conjecture, because she would never had been an Otome in the first place.
Y chromosome = Nanomachines corroding.

I'm suspecting that manga Mashiro could may be a XX-boy.
Old 2006-03-03, 03:50   Link #63
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

I think a guy in a maid's outfit might scare off too many viewers
Old 2006-03-03, 13:20   Link #64
BigPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by ging-inc
if you listen very carefully in the last eps of mai otome you will hear sergei call the pearl otome that came to see him ****-kun.
According to wiki -kun is generally only used when talking to males...... however the text included belows does state that girls can be called -kun in rare circumstances.

-Kun is an informal and intimate honorific primarily used by superiors in addressing inferiors, or by males of roughly the same age and status in addressing each other. In some circumstances, young women may also be addressed as -kun, but almost exclusively in business settings by older male superiors. Schoolteachers typically address male students using -kun, while female students are addressed as -san. -Kun is also used among friends of similar social standing, and by parents and relatives to address older male children (instead of -chan)
-kun has been used for females for at least 24 years in anime. Captain Global of the Macross always referred to his all female bridge crew as ***-kun (arguably, Global is Russian and only Misa is Japanese, but still) and Macross dates from 1982. It doesn't really mean anything besides Sergay being a laid back sort of guy who's on good terms with the Otome.
Old 2006-03-03, 17:41   Link #65
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

More like any girl really.

Too bad we won't get to see Mr. Sergay fight an Otome. Shoot, if he took a direct hit from a SLAVE and was still standing, he should be able to take a few hits from an Otome and still fight, right? ^^
Old 2006-03-04, 05:13   Link #66
Kalyia
~*... 雪心 ..

Send a message via AIM to Kalyia Send a message via MSN to Kalyia
well well well what if a guy who hasnt have sex and have a sex change.????

that would be kewl but yet i duno guys in those dress XD

weird
Old 2006-03-04, 20:40   Link #67
Pleroma

Sex change doesn't affect your chromosomes.....

Dammit I can just imagine the Windbloom otaku conventions........

A fanfic based on the concept WOULD be awsome, but I suppose too massive for any one person to undertake hehe.
Old 2006-03-09, 14:43   Link #68
Mega-Pimp
It's magic!

Then there are a few that have..3 chromosomes...XXY etc.
Not very common tough.

What we need is a Nabeshin Otome, Nabe-hame-ha!
Old 2006-03-09, 19:52   Link #69
defrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
Otome are forbidden to commit sexual intercourse with men because the Y-chromosome in the male's semen will corrode the nanomachines and trigger the body to develop anti-bodies, therefore, closing any chances for a girl to becoming Otome again.
I guess contraceptives don't exist in that world. Otherwise there must be something more to it than just the Y chromosome being destructive.
Old 2006-03-09, 20:00   Link #70
philip72

Quote:
Originally Posted by defrule
I guess contraceptives don't exist in that world. Otherwise there must be something more to it than just the Y chromosome being destructive.
Maybe prophylactics do exist there, but if they're anything like the ones we have, the failure rate would be still quite high.

Besides would you want to deal with an Otome you knocked up who still had her powers?

You'd be pretty thankful those nanomachines had been destroyed if you’re holding her hand while she's in labor.
Old 2006-03-09, 21:09   Link #71
PwrSerge
It's good to be evil...

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip72
You'd be pretty thankful those nanomachines had been destroyed if you’re holding her hand while she's in labor.
Hand... What hand? But seriously, why are we focused of this whole nanomachine buisness? Remember Rado? No nanites, all the power you could ever want. If you want a man with superpowers in the Otome universe just do a little creative surgery.

More machine now than man, but who's to say that's a downside.

SERGE
Closed Thread