AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: My-Otome Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 16 11.85%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 20.74%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 42 31.11%
7 out of 10 : Good 29 21.48%
6 out of 10 : Average 12 8.89%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 2.22%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.48%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.74%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.48%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-02-26, 17:37   Link #81
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Starks
Hmmm... Gakutenou, Ketos, and at least 2 others...
__________________
Starks is offline  
Old 2006-02-26, 17:39   Link #82
Tremalkinger
Hai, Nao-oneesama!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005


From left to right... Midori's Gakutenou, ???, Lumen's Kedos, ???.

If I were to hazard a wild guess, I'd say the first unknown is probably Rad's, then the fourth is Dyne's.
Tremalkinger is offline  
Old 2006-02-26, 17:58   Link #83
Pazu
F
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: PL
Because everybody discussing Tomoe X Shizuru scene and somebody complains that there is not enough posts, I'll add my word.
I remember that in ep 10 discussion thread some people admired Shizuru's calmness during combat. They liked that her face showed no emotions. That facing danger she was absolutely cool.
But now, when she does exacltly the same, people don't like it and want her to show more emotions. I just found it really funny.
Pazu is offline  
Old 2006-02-26, 18:03   Link #84
cry
Berry Bunny
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: france
Age: 31
this episode was really interesting.

we finally saw the encounter between nina and sergey (sergey was really cold when he ordered his men"kill them!" !) nina is annoying with his otou-sama complex.
she wants him to look at her in another way, but his current behaviour is really not accurate (she's just becoming more and more like a puppet who obeys to nagi and serves sergey like a maid, where are her dreams and hopes, her personality, her opinions?? how can sergey loves her this way ?)

arika's crisis was really long too midori's discussion about otomes was clear, the way people uses otomes makes them "good" or "bad" (it's subjective...)...

about tomoe and shizuru... i didn't expect tomoe to do this now (maybe in a desperate situation...) i wanna know how shizuru will return the situation.

i hope mikoto's phantom will kick nina's ass
__________________
my deviantart
i'm trying my best to make decent posts in english language... sorry ifit 's not really good^^
cry is offline  
Old 2006-02-26, 18:15   Link #85
ltorivia485
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Hey, does anyone know why I cannot open Mai Hime episode 20? Am I missing a codec or something?
ltorivia485 is offline  
Old 2006-02-26, 18:30   Link #86
FlyByNite
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
It is so appropriate after Mai Hime that Shizuru has a crazed lesbian girl in love with her...

Karma indeed.

Looks like next ep shows Mikoto in non-shadow mode too... Sweet
FlyByNite is offline  
Old 2006-02-26, 18:58   Link #87
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyByNite
It is so appropriate after Mai Hime that Shizuru has a crazed lesbian girl in love with her...

Karma indeed.

Looks like next ep shows Mikoto in non-shadow mode too... Sweet
I disagree.

Tomoe has never really been crazy.

She knows exactly what she is doing; getting what she wants.
From the way Tomoe treated Miya, I had deducted that the girl isn't in love.

Do you know what's the difference between love and lust?

Lust makes you want to have some one. Love makes you want someone to be happy.

And so far, I detected no signs of love from Tomoe at all. Miya, on the other hand, was indeed in love. Miya never gave Tomoe up as her puppetmaster, even when she lost everything. I fail to see Tomoe making any sort of personal sacrifices for Shizuru anytime in the future.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline  
Old 2006-02-26, 19:09   Link #88
Kourin
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
I disagree.

Tomoe has never really been crazy.

She knows exactly what she is doing; getting what she wants.
From the way Tomoe treated Miya, I had deducted that the girl isn't in love.

Do you know what's the difference between love and lust?

Lust makes you want to have some one. Love makes you want someone to be happy.

And so far, I detected no signs of love from Tomoe at all. Miya, on the other hand, was indeed in love. Miya never gave Tomoe up as her puppetmaster, even when she lost everything. I fail to see Tomoe making any sort of personal sacrifices for Shizuru anytime in the future.
While Tomoe may not completely love Shizuru selflessly, I think she does care about Shizuru and that it's not purely lust. Besides, love could be just as selfish and possessive as lust. "Love makes you want someone to be happy" is really more of an ideal of love which not many can boast of being capable of doing when the situation arises.

anyways, Tomoe: First, Tomoe loses emotional control whenever she's before Shizuru with all the blushing and looking guilty when she lied about Natsuki. She had done it with a straight face all the other times, it's in front of Shizuru that she gets this way.

Then there was when when she and Irina were used as hostages and Shizuru surrendered. Tomoe looked guilty and even took it upon herself to 'save' Shizuru. If Tomoe was truly that selfish and evil, she wouldn't have these reactions.

While her methods are more on the possessive and damaging ends, she's not the first one. People have done some really crazy things for love that isn't always the smartest or most caring thing.

So... IMO, Tomoe is in love (not there to love yet) and since it's unrequited, it has gone on to become obssessive but it doesn't mean that she doesn't care about Shizuru or that she isn't in love with her. Just that when push comes to shove... better have Shizuru than nothing at all.
Kourin is offline  
Old 2006-02-26, 19:09   Link #89
Fishbait
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Ok ok ok...

What is up with the preview!?

Why are there all these toys and diaper crap in the room and ShizTom looking happiy at eachother!??!

HUH?

HUH??

HUH???

Anyways....

Good episode, was kind boring to be honest untill the ShizTom scene lol

And the animation definitely dropped a tier =[
Fishbait is offline  
Old 2006-02-26, 19:15   Link #90
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
First, Tomoe loses emotional control whenever she's before Shizuru with all the blushing and looking guilty when she lied about Natsuki. She had done it with a straight face all the other times, it's in front of Shizuru that she gets this way.
Yes, just look at Tomoe's face when she was talking with Shizuru in this episode and tell me she is not in love with her. And remember she seemed genuinely distressed when Shizuru was captured and blamed herself for it. If she only felt lust she would have just celebrated when Shizuru was captured since that would have given her a perfect chance to have Shizuru for herself.
__________________
'The world we live in is always in darkness.'
'Yes, and that is why we seek light.'

Matrim is offline  
Old 2006-02-26, 19:25   Link #91
AssistantArinkoBully
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
In case people missed it. check out the frame in 7:28. It's the thing that Rena put the baby in. So that makes Nina Rena's daughter, Arika = the queen and Mashiro =??
__________________
Add space available. Please call 1-800-555-1234
AssistantArinkoBully is offline  
Old 2006-02-26, 19:31   Link #92
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
So... IMO, Tomoe is in love (not there to love yet) and since it's unrequited, it has gone on to become obssessive but it doesn't mean that she doesn't care about Shizuru or that she isn't in love with her. Just that when push comes to shove... better have Shizuru than nothing at all.
Well... You are entitled to your opinions, but my views are generated by the fact that Tomoe treats almost everyone like objects. Specifically, the way she treats Arika and Miya, as well as what she's done to Erstin.

If she cares about Shizuru as a person, she would be making escape plans for her by now. They are certainly not being monitored, otherwise she wouldn't be being intimate...

If she is more interested in winning Shizuru's heart, there are still chances for her to prove that. But she chose to keep her "reward" instead. As such I can't call it love. She chose Shizuru's body over her heart, and that's no romance in anyone's book.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline  
Old 2006-02-26, 19:44   Link #93
Kourin
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
Well... You are entitled to your opinions, but my views are generated by the fact that Tomoe treats almost everyone like objects. Specifically, the way she treats Arika and Miya, as well as what she's done to Erstin.
And because Tomoe treats everybody else as objects, it makes Shizuru a special case and thereby making it love/care. Miya sacrificed a lot for her but she didn't bat a lash. Shizuru's surrendering moved her though as shown through her pained expression when she bribed the guard to see Shizuru.

Quote:
If she cares about Shizuru as a person, she would be making escape plans for her by now. They are certainly not being monitored, otherwise she wouldn't be being intimate...
They could possibly be monitored. As I was talking to Kieli earlier (whole different context as to how Sergay reacted to the request. Sergay(thought): "So the rumours are true about Garderobe students...Mmm... I wonder about Nina"), the room could be bugged. I mean, it'd be smart to keep tabs on a pillar without the heavy-duty cuffs even if the place is locked up pretty tight and Tomoe isn't there all the time.

Quote:
If she is more interested in winning Shizuru's heart, there are still chances for her to prove that. But she chose to keep her "reward" instead. As such I can't call it love. She chose Shizuru's body over her heart, and that's no romance in anyone's book.
Tomoe has been rejected pretty thoroughly before. She knows she doesn't stand a chance. It's like "Since I can't have you, I'd have to settle for second best... aka the body." In no way is what Tomoe doing appealing or ethical but there is a factor of care and being in love in her actions.

I guess we differ in our definition of love. As i mentioned in my previous post, love could be selfish and possessive. Your notiong of love is more of an ideal of love/romantic view of love to me.
Kourin is offline  
Old 2006-02-26, 19:51   Link #94
Mysticmidnightmaiden
is Ultra Relaxed
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to Mysticmidnightmaiden
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyByNite
It is so appropriate after Mai Hime that Shizuru has a crazed lesbian girl in love with her...
Karma indeed.
LOL.

I'm surprised no one has said anything about the blatent image of the princess's cradle during Nina's flashback. I doubt that it points to Nina being the princess. After all, why would someone keep a cradle boat for five years?
Mysticmidnightmaiden is offline  
Old 2006-02-26, 20:17   Link #95
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
I guess we differ in our definition of love. As i mentioned in my previous post, love could be selfish and possessive. Your notiong of love is more of an ideal of love/romantic view of love to me.
Fair enough.

For me, the word "Love" is like "Justice" or "Fairness". Something that is worth striving for, but is in the end an ideal that is just out of reach.

Just another thing... Perhaps I am dismissing Tomoe's feelings because she seemed to have given up too quickly. She's what? 14~15 years old? Settling for second-best is too soon, and a cop-out in my opinion.

I am saying she took the easy way out without finding out if there is really a chance for her... It's not like she was actually rejected or anything, she never truly let her feelings be known verbally. Fighting for someone's love is much harder than just locking her up and treating her like a pet-animal.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline  
Old 2006-02-26, 20:18   Link #96
Icemera
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyByNite
It is so appropriate after Mai Hime that Shizuru has a crazed lesbian girl in love with her...

Karma indeed.
LOL.

animation: did sunrise change their animators or what? everybody looked weird in this ep.

yukino/haruka: so nice to see them again.

Shiz/Tomoe: kinda expected it and kinda liked it.
Icemera is offline  
Old 2006-02-26, 20:32   Link #97
Kieli
Maki Maki Shoujo
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Blue Ridge Mountain High
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
Just another thing... Perhaps I am dismissing Tomoe's feelings because she seemed to have given up too quickly. She's what? 14~15 years old? Settling for second-best is too soon, and a cop-out in my opinion.
One wonders if she has been indeed trying pretty hard all along. We're never really given enough of a glimpse into her efforts prior to the takeover of the school other than the hiking test and her running after Shizuru before she left on Natsuki's errand. She may really have tried (within reason) to vie for Shizuru's attentions. We only really get to see the scheming side of Tomoe more often than not.
Quote:
I am saying she took the easy way out without finding out if there is really a chance for her... It's not like she was actually rejected or anything, she never truly let her feelings be known verbally.
Like you said before, she's a teen and for the most part, it's hard to express one's feelings to the object of their affection, even for an adult! I also get the feeling that she may not have come right out and said anything for the fear of rejection. Fear can make one very tongue-tied when loquaciousness would be better. Just a thought.
Quote:
Fighting for someone's love is much harder than just locking her up and treating her like a pet-animal.
*shudder* I wouldn't call that fighting for her love, mostly just owning her like any other possession. When all else fails, tie her up. I agree, that's a little too desperate seeming.
__________________
"We pretend to be civilised but only blood sacrifice quiets the murderer within."
--Sappho, from Erica Jong's Sappho's Leap
Kieli is offline  
Old 2006-02-26, 20:36   Link #98
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticmidnightmaiden
LOL. After all, why would someone keep a cradle boat for five years?
Decoration?

Afterall it's the only thing in that scene/place that like you know...stood out
SoldierOfDarkness is offline  
Old 2006-02-26, 20:47   Link #99
Kourin
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
Fair enough.

For me, the word "Love" is like "Justice" or "Fairness". Something that is worth striving for, but is in the end an ideal that is just out of reach.
very true... for an ideal to work, it takes way too many people to realize it and that's where all the problem starts.

Quote:
Just another thing... Perhaps I am dismissing Tomoe's feelings because she seemed to have given up too quickly. She's what? 14~15 years old? Settling for second-best is too soon, and a cop-out in my opinion.

I am saying she took the easy way out without finding out if there is really a chance for her... It's not like she was actually rejected or anything, she never truly let her feelings be known verbally. Fighting for someone's love is much harder than just locking her up and treating her like a pet-animal.
Tomoe actually wanted to confess but Shizuru promptly cut her off and told her that she resembled her younger self and that Tomoe should look forward, hence the rejection. Shizuru is well aware of Tomoe's feelings hence the lack of surprise when Tomoe went in for the kiss.

As for opting out too quickly: that really depends on how Tomoe thinks. Since Shizuru has rejected her and going with kieli's post that Tomoe has been trying for some time (wouldn't be surprised if Tomoe obsessed since the day she enrolled or even attended Garderobe for Shizuru), she probably figured this was the best deal she could get.

it's very possible that Tomoe feels it's the only way she could have Shizuru. Shizuru is very popular and admired by many, almost as if on a pedestal. It's quite intimidating to love someone like that. And here was the chance of a lifetime... to have Shizuru without anybody else as competition in sight. It's an appealing choice.

Even if she does the right thing, being the smart girl she is, Tomoe probably figured she'd get nothing but the 'nice person' praise or a 'thank you' note. Compared to actually getting Shizuru in some manner... for someone obsessive, the owning has an edge.
Kourin is offline  
Old 2006-02-26, 21:36   Link #100
ifhaseth
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icemera
animation: did sunrise change their animators or what? everybody looked weird in this ep.
Most series have a lead animator (in this case Hirokazu Hisayuki) who's in charge of the overall appearance of the series, but the actual scenes are usually drawn by other artists, each with their own styles, which is why the animation goes through "stages" of good and bad.

Although it seems like they went back in the DVD releases and "fixed" some of the more apparent problems that they let slide in the TV version.

Spoiler for DVD left, TV right:

Another reason to buy the DVD's when they come out. If nothing else, Sunrise sure is good at marketing.
__________________
ifhaseth is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:29.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.