AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: My-Otome Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 16 11.85%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 20.74%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 42 31.11%
7 out of 10 : Good 29 21.48%
6 out of 10 : Average 12 8.89%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 2.22%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.48%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.74%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.48%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-02-27, 05:44   Link #121
Anime Adoru

Examples of where quality control was lacking in this (otherwise enjoyable) episode:

To me this doesn't look so much like sloppy work (except for the first screenshot) but rather like the artist who did these pictures is a newbie who doesn't know how to draw faces (or eyes for that matter). (Click for full-size screenshots if you are not convinced.)
Old 2006-02-27, 06:51   Link #122
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

would be interesting if they found out that they had to much and then said "okay ... we might need to make it 39 eps instead of 26 as planed"
Old 2006-02-27, 07:35   Link #123
Naked Fish
Wench, but not incestous

Send a message via MSN to Naked Fish
Why 39 of all the possible number of episodes? Unless I just haven't watched enough series to know it is a usual number. If so, ignore me.
Old 2006-02-27, 07:48   Link #124
friendshipz
lilian gakuen

....but the planning was over..even for the last title of mai otome ~ ~"

from mai hime ,sunrise has keep giving all the fales info scene when it comes to discussion amount the fan.. it only give the true answer of all when it was around 2-3 esp left...so for ppl who judged that nina was rena daughter u are not wrong but its quite obvious that sunrise is "still" toying wif us..

miyu for hell no, she is capable for doing anything from ulimate power to speed but she DOESNT have any satellite device tracker to track down arika ...!wat a mild power...

and i find it wierd if nina was rena daughter.. ok ,lets assume nina was rena daughter ..how does she react when she found out that sapphire was hers and that arika is wearing it, now she didnt even heritage the power that "rena" given her but became nagi "evil" gem meister. evil+ hyper hatred to arika+segei didnt response to her feeling....cant imagine wat else she will do next... mai hime shizuru the second??!?... sunrise wont be that insane to let that happen in otome ..only 6 esp left i don think they can make up more plots to solve

but likely its pausible that nina is the princess or blood related to mashiro maybe...?? i don know but i really do hope mashiro remain as queen.. and that her meister would be none other than arika

as for the haroumium i found it very weird too as we now all know that mashiro ,nina and arika is the key to open up that thing but only nina "has" some thought about it, one of her statment was " it feel so nostalgic"
for once i had a crazy thought that she is fumi daughter ~ ~""!!but the age gaps was too big

lets stop debating on shizuXtomoeXnat... lets discuss about other more important
subject..
Old 2006-02-27, 08:03   Link #125
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naked Fish
Why 39 of all the possible number of episodes? Unless I just haven't watched enough series to know it is a usual number. If so, ignore me.
26+13=39 ... sounds good to me ...

Theory on ShizXTom scene :

Since the hole Tomoe blushing moment and her eyes going to one side was somewhat out of caracter we can presume that Tomoe was hinting to Shizuru that they were being watched and that the kiss wasn't exactly a kiss ... maybe she's whispering something we don't get to hear ... maybe she tells Shizuru the situation ... this way Tomoe isn't really bracking her promise

Ohh and the sound that we hear at the end could be :
1. Shizuru's clothes
2. Tomoe's clothes
3. Tomoe and Shizuru going to bed
4. Some toy
5. Tomoe pulling something out
6. The bed's ... uhh ... anti-mosquito thing's or wathever it's for
7. Someone at the window ... probably Tomoe's new henchmen
8. A pillow
9. Tomoe and Shizuru's clothes rubing each other
10. Natsuki's ghost
Old 2006-02-27, 08:08   Link #126
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Guess if people want to believe Tomoe is a saint, nothing short of Tomoe cutting Natsuki's head off (and drinking the flowing blood from the neck) could change their minds...

We all have the right to dream, I guess... I am still betting on Miya coming back to collect her "debt" from Tomoe.
Old 2006-02-27, 08:19   Link #127
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron

Saw the episode and gave it a 4 rating (poor). I think I was generous.

The character reactions were horrible and even I noticed the animation quality drop. The ShizTomoe thing was handled badly as well. Its going to get worse by the looks of the preview too. I mean, Shizuru in a room with stuffed animals and teddy bears?! No. Make it stop. Kill me now.
Old 2006-02-27, 08:21   Link #128
Shigan
Forever a Journey

*Looks over at Philip72's avatar and raises eyebrows*

I was supposed to wear -that- for a priestress robe? And here I was, being all inspired by Shizuru's swimsuit and eveything (no, no avatar on my part)...
Quote:
Originally Posted by philip72
NO NO NO Shigan!

It was NOT a yuri scene at all, but simply Tomoe trying to get fresh with Shizuru. Everyone says there were the sounds of clothing being removed, but all I heard was one sound of fabric rustling for less than an 8/10 of a second. That noise could have been a host of other things than just clothes coming off.

Where is your faith in our Shizuru?

And to think you once called yourself the "High Priestess of ShizNat".

I'm taking over now!

You just hand over the raiment's and the fancy priestess hat, and go sit in the corner and think about your heresy.
Oh come on, who said I dropped the ShizNat over Tomoe's little fling? I kinda anticipated something like this to happen between Shizuru and Tomoe, initiated on Tomoe's part of course, I just didn't expect it to be executed so poorly (where were Shizuru's facial expressions? Did Tomoe have any ground for prowling Shizuru to begin with? The kiss and the continuation were so outta the blue). Tomoe over all has been one vile schemer and I thought she would be playing a role where she tried to get Shiz under her thumb by shrewd means, maybe finally sending Natsuki in the right direction.

Instead, she just decided to jump Shizuru's bones, for really no apparent reason here yet. What ensurements did she have there that Shizuru was going to respond positively to her advances? None. This was not only badly done but also very out of character on Tomoe's part, Tomoe is a vile but clever schemer, she lucked out for whatever reasons Shizuru decided to respond but I'm still, it was not very convincing.

I complained about the animation because really, it was carried out poorly. Seducing someone is supposed to be a little more vivid than how Sunrise made it here, a little more expressions, motions and reactions on both parts would have been nice, even if they were not genuine the least. What Tomoe and Shizuru did looked more like a mathproblem, the pairing still appeals to me, but the execution - eurgh.

"The Way of Shizuru" eh? I had love to hold a sermon in *that* XD
Old 2006-02-27, 08:32   Link #129
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by friendshipz
and i find it wierd if nina was rena daughter.. ok ,lets assume nina was rena daughter ..how does she react when she found out that sapphire was hers and that arika is wearing it, now she didnt even heritage the power that "rena" given her but became nagi "evil" gem meister. evil+ hyper hatred to arika+segei didnt response to her feeling....cant imagine wat else she will do next... mai hime shizuru the second??!?... sunrise wont be that insane to let that happen in otome ..only 6 esp left i don think they can make up more plots to solve
The Saphire of Azure Sky isn't Rena's direct property ... she mearly had it because she was in the service of the king ... actually it's kinda wierd she held it for ten years (if the doremi translation of Erstin's explanation isn't off) ... after seeing Nagi ... and subsequently thinking of all the other meister otome we have in the show ... none of them have a pendant arround they're neck ... it actually makes sense ... if the otome held the pendant then when she died the victor would clame it as a prize ... otherwise it could be hiden (when the king went green sparklys)

One more thing ... at Akane's meister ceremony I didn't recall seeing any pendant ... maybe Arika's and Nagi's are really special

Quote:
but likely its pausible that nina is the princess or blood related to mashiro maybe...?? i don know but i really do hope mashiro remain as queen.. and that her meister would be none other than arika
Actually many people here have taken that as fact form the first few ep.

Why does Nina have to be blood related to Mashiro ... what's do you mean

Quote:
as for the haroumium i found it very weird too as we now all know that mashiro ,nina and arika is the key to open up that thing but only nina "has" some thought about it, one of her statment was " it feel so nostalgic"
for once i had a crazy thought that she is fumi daughter ~ ~""!!but the age gaps was too big
Nina was the only one to express her thouths ...

Yes the harmonium is wierd ... but I think they were a little cheap when it came to the animation ... it must have been to dificult to redo the entire animation so they must have simply placed the hole blue circle thing and left it at that ... hopefully the dvd will be more thechnicly accurate.

They also seem to be debating the story ... in the last few ep there have been scenes (shown in the preview) that have either been cut(Tomoe scene) or re-invented (if you look at the preview from ep 19 Nina and Nagi are basicly already up the steps ... meaning that the black shadow apearing wasn't in the original plan)

Quote:
lets stop debating on shizuXtomoeXnat... lets discuss about other more important
subject..
Like what

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
Guess if people want to believe Tomoe is a saint, nothing short of Tomoe cutting Natsuki's head off (and drinking the flowing blood from the neck) could change their minds...

We all have the right to dream, I guess... I am still betting on Miya coming back to collect her "debt" from Tomoe.
Nah ... I'm still hoping Tomoe end up being the evil green beast ... that was just a crazy theory that came to mind
Old 2006-02-27, 09:31   Link #130
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Adoru
The only thing with the faces in the bedroom scene that I see is that they are really badly drawn. All the eyes are off, cross-eyed, what have you. I first thought someone was pulling an elaborate joke and I had downloaded a manipulated RAW or something. But it recurs in many other places, for example Nagi has that weird look in the harmonium scene as well. Maybe they had a cross-eyed animator.
She is both ugly and in (some twisted kind of) love. Not that I care much whether she is in love or not, whatever bad happens to Shizuru it will serve her right. Mostly because of what MH Shizuru did (which was quite similar to what Tomoe is up to now) but that's one of the dangers of reusing the same characters.

BTW, anyone has any idea why Sergei's dreams according to Nagi have to do with Deus Ex Machina, I mean the Harmonium? Maybe it will summon Mai or even revive her?

Quote:
Just watched the sub.

Now, at the beginning of the episode (and the end of last episode), one of the cyborgs said that they received a letter from Carlteya (Fia's country).

This means that, either:
1) Carlteya knows the location of Aswad, hence able to send the letter.
or
2) Aswad has a "delivery man" at some other location, from which the letter would be passed to and then proceed to Aswad village.

Now, you mentioned that it seems weird that Midori and gang would be so careless as to allow themselves to be followed, but it isnt that impossible if its some "delivery man" who gets tailed, no?
Not impossible but a bit annoying that Fia happened to attack just when Arika was returning to the village and was able push Arika's motivation in the wanted direction, followed by Midori's speech changing Arika's world views yet again. Her character development is so forced that it is not even funny any more, IMHO.

Old 2006-02-27, 09:56   Link #131
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Poor Natsuki, she gets made fun of again this episode (by Haruka this time). And to add insult to injury (though Natsuki doesn't know it yet), Shizuru and Tomoe are having a go at each other.

As a Shizu x Natsu shipper, I'm not all that worried for Shizuru being "raped" by Tomoe, with her dominant personality, Shizuru the Meister lesbian might just turn things around and end up teaching Tomoe a thing or two. It just sounds in character for Shizuru to do, while hoping Natsuki never finds out.

With the pod seen in Nina's flashback, there seems to be little doubt that Nina is Rena's daughter, they both have dark hair, it makes sense on paper at least. Of course Sunrise could screw us in the end with an unbelievable twist.

The anticipation for the return of "ZGMF10A M.A.I." grows even more.
Old 2006-02-27, 11:48   Link #132
WhereAmI
Ecchi Otaku

Location: Inside your head, I'm a figment of your imagination
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze
Excellent fan-twist, except that if Nina and Arika did indeed meet while they were younger, wouldnt Nina need to lose her memory of Arika as well? And as of episode 20, Nina would be the one who needs more comforting than Arika.
As far as I remember (and I can't think of a particular anime off the top of my head), this wouldn't be the first time the whole "lost memory" plot twist was used. Also, given that this is a series with so many twists and turn, I doubt having both Nina and Arika losing their memories of each other would any kind of stretch for this series.

Now can someone tell me how to get there ???
Old 2006-02-27, 11:50   Link #133
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle
With the pod seen in Nina's flashback, there seems to be little doubt that Nina is Rena's daughter, they both have dark hair, it makes sense on paper at least. Of course Sunrise could screw us in the end with an unbelievable twist.

The anticipation for the return of "ZGMF10A M.A.I." grows even more.
It leaves me with little doubt that Nina is not Rena's daughter. I would say that it would more likely indicate that Nina was the true Princess and that Arika was Rena's Daughter. The only difference between Rena and Arika is hair color. That is why Nina had the flasback when Arika dived in after her. The only similarity between Nina and Rena is hair color. While Nina looks a lot like the Queen, including eye color.

Lucy & Nyu, reincarnated as diclonius twins.
Old 2006-02-27, 12:23   Link #134
WhereAmI
Ecchi Otaku

Location: Inside your head, I'm a figment of your imagination
I want a true Star Wars moment, with Rena coming out of the chamber, covered in metal and says to Arika/Nina/Mashiro/Mikoto the cat (take your pick - would be funny if it turned out to be the cat and the cat pulls out a light saber, NOTE I WILL BE USING "your pick" to refer to the person/cat ) after taking a breath through the mask (in true Vader form), Rena says, "I am your father", and your pick screams "NOOOOO... wait a minute, your a woman, how can you be my father?" and then Rena says, "Wait, did I say father, sorry I was having a flashback to a movie I was watching. Actually I am your mother." Then your pick screams "That makes sense, OK, now where was I, oh thats right, NOOOOOOO." Then Rena says, "now join us." Then Mai appears, but only your pick can see her, and with a british accent she says, "Use the force." And then your pick says, " who the hell are you." And then Mai will clear her throat and get her regular voice back and say, "Didn't you watch Mai-Hime?"

At this point I am getting tired, so I am going to stop there. Will Rena turn your pick over to the darkside, will your pick go on a day time talk show to take a paternity test, and will I ever stop posting, tune in next week to find out, same bat time, same bat channel. Nana nana nana nana, nana nana nana nana, batman!!!

Now can someone tell me how to get there ???
Old 2006-02-27, 12:27   Link #135
philip72

Shigan,

Do you remember writing the following?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shigan
Lemme see, as a high priestress of the ShizNat religion, what possibly could there be to wish for...? Hmmm...
And then you think you can act all innocent with a,
Quote:
Oh come on, who said I dropped the ShizNat over Tomoe's little fling?
Well then, how about this?
Quote:
I had like to believe that Shizuru is screwing Tomoe for information
Blasphemer! You just lucky we didn't burn you at the stake!

Then you get personal;
Quote:
I was supposed to wear -that- for a priestress robe?
Making fun of my awesome fashion sense. I'll have you know Mommy says I'm handsome no matter what I wear.

And like Lone_Wolf said;
Quote:
Originally Posted by lone_wolf
Shizuru-sama recommending that we change our current fabrics to silk...
Did ya hear that Shigan? Siiilky Siiilllky Silk....that's what you miss for wanting to rip Natsuki away from Shizuru's well formed (lovely, perky, smooth, creamy...ahem...) bosom and stick the Green Meany there instead.

Disclaimer: In spite of my BakaBoy ravings above, I in truth think Tomoe is a little hotty, and Shigan is a lovely person and excellent fanfic writer. Seriously, look up her work.

OK, enough of my stupidity for now and back to the topic at hand (before catgirls boots my butt from this board);

Now that I've seen that they're cleaning the animation up for the DVD version the animation quality doesn't really bother me any more. I'm planning on purchasing the DVD's anyway, so it's no longer such an irritant. The current weakness in the plot however I don't think they can fix. Let's just hope that the next episodes kick ass.

Last edited by philip72; 2006-02-27 at 12:47. Reason: porr speling
Old 2006-02-27, 12:33   Link #136
KiraDouji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
Guess if people want to believe Tomoe is a saint, nothing short of Tomoe cutting Natsuki's head off (and drinking the flowing blood from the neck) could change their minds....
I'm not sure who this is referencing: those who think that Tomoe is trying to free Shizuru or those who think Tomoe is in love with Shizuru. Just curious, as I can understand how the former would apply but not the later.

- Kira
Old 2006-02-27, 12:39   Link #137
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim
BTW, anyone has any idea why Sergei's dreams according to Nagi have to do with Deus Ex Machina, I mean the Harmonium? Maybe it will summon Mai or even revive her?
Well, I replied this in the other thread. It might very well be that Nagi mentioned *Sergey's dreams* for the sake of gaining devotion from Nina (as she seemed doubtful about Nagi's plans somewhat). You know how Nina is like: "Anything for my Otou-sama".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim
Not impossible but a bit annoying that Fia happened to attack just when Arika was returning to the village and was able push Arika's motivation in the wanted direction, followed by Midori's speech changing Arika's world views yet again. Her character development is so forced that it is not even funny any more, IMHO.
Huh? Fia attacked, after Midori and the cyborgs left, and before Arika was heading towards the village. Arika's whole forced development was just a coincidence and not planned by Fia.
Old 2006-02-27, 12:42   Link #138
KiraDouji

Quote:
Arika's whole forced development was just a coincidence and not planned by Fia.
I think they mean planned by Sunrise, not planned by Fia. That'd be a pretty weird turn of events if Fia decided to run off and change Arika's world views XP

- Kira
Old 2006-02-27, 12:44   Link #139
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
Huh? Fia attacked, after Midori and the cyborgs left, and before Arika was heading towards the village. Arika's whole forced development was just a coincidence and not planned by Fia.
Of course, it wasn't planned by Fia, it was planned by the script writers. I just think these endless coincidences turn her whole character development into something of a farce.

Old 2006-02-27, 12:44   Link #140
Anime Adoru

Quote:
It might very well be that Nagi mentioned *Sergey's dreams* for the sake of gaining devotion from Nina (as she seemed doubtful about Nagi's plans somewhat). You know how Nina is like: "Anything for my Otou-sama".
I think so too. He first says "my dreams" and then corrects himself to include Sergey.

Any guess what exactly those dreams are? World domination just because he is power hungry?

The importance of the harmonium remains unclear to me: Maybe it can force a reset, maybe it is a generic but potent weapon.

Earlier in the episode Yukino is worried that Nagi might use "that" weapon. Is she refering to the harmonium?
Closed Thread