AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2003-12-16, 23:30   Link #21
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChouOishii
see, it's that kind of statement that make me wonder ;P people say "they're not power levels!" and then go on to use them to describe the relative strengths of characters... oh well

anyway, that reminds me of another question: is iruka a chuunin or a jounin? I assumed jounin until..
Spoiler:
..but damn, he's so weak o_o he got his ass handed to him by mizuki, the dude that naruto beat up in the first issue o_o I mean come on, even sakura probably wouldn't have lost to naruto at that point..
Iruka-sensei's a Chuunin.

Military ranks are different from power levels, that's right. But you can use military ranks to describe power levels- like, when I say Naruto's as strong as a Chuunin, he's as strong as a normal Chuunin- not a Chuunin like Itachi. When I say Itachi has Kage's strenght, he's as strong or even stronger than a Kage. Like Kabuto, who's a Genin, but has Jounin's strenght, he's as strong as Kakashi. Whn I say "... as strong as a Genin/Chuunin/Jounin", I'm always basing on the Genin/Chuunin/Jounin normal and common strenght.
Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-17, 00:29   Link #22
fenikkusu

Send a message via AIM to fenikkusu
i always wondered though.. why if gui could hand gaara ass to him on a plate.. then why could no1 kill gaara back in hidden sand ??? a jounin should have been able to still take him out..they kind of messed up on a story line there i think
fenikkusu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-17, 09:33   Link #23
ChouOishii

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikkusu
i always wondered though.. why if gui could hand gaara ass to him on a plate.. then why could no1 kill gaara back in hidden sand ??? a jounin should have been able to still take him out..they kind of messed up on a story line there i think
well, gaara's character has never been very consistent.. I just watched the beginning of the chuunin shiken arc again to see the gai-summoning-turtle scene (holy crap, it's there! ) and man, the first time they introduce gaara, he's totally different from the way he turns out to be. remember? kankuro starting a fight with naruto/sasuke and gaara stops him? gaara is the calm one who remembers their mission. big difference from the way he is the next time we see him ^_^

or if we're trying to stay true to the manga, ummm.. the sand jounin couldn't beat him because... the wind country was disarming itself and had been decreasing the number of ninja in its hidden villages... which means that each sand ninja has to be stronger... or would that make it easier for them to kill him... dammit ><

well, hmm, I guess technically we didn't see gai actually *kick* his ass, just brush aside his most powerful attack (in normal mode) and look at him like "look at my student again and you're going back to your village in several garbage bags"
ChouOishii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-17, 09:37   Link #24
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Uh... the Sand Jounins can beat Gaara easily.

But they can't beat Shukkaku at all That's why Gaara's alive till today, every attempt Kazekage made to assassinate him failed.
Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-17, 19:30   Link #25
fenikkusu

Send a message via AIM to fenikkusu
but if they really wanted to kill gaara ... should be able to send 15 jounins....gaara shouldn't have a chance .. even with shakaku i would think.... ero seenin would take gaara out easily with gamabunta , if naruto hung with gaara.... becuase later when jariaya summons gamabunta he still has shakra left.. naruto really didn't have much of any chakra...and naruto was beat up pretty good.. i would think sand village would have sum1 that could summon sumthing bad ass..and they should have sum1 that is powerful...even though it does seem that konoha so far has produced the most powerful ninja's pretty much
fenikkusu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-17, 22:53   Link #26
GreyArea
Meatf***er

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikkusu
i would think sand village would have sum1 that could summon sumthing bad ass..and they should have sum1 that is powerful
Yeah, thats Gaara Also, Kankurou and Temari are quite strong, is is Baki, however we dont know how many ninja they have in the Hidden Village of Sand. I dont think throwing all the available ninja at Gaara to kill him would really help the situation much either (and it wouldnt be much of an assassination either, more of a war).
GreyArea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-18, 06:05   Link #27
Tboz

Hmm... were the assasinations on Gaara intended to kill him?

I thought its an evil scheme by his father to turn Gaara into a psychotic killing machine.
Tboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-18, 08:00   Link #28
El Diablo

Send a message via AIM to El Diablo Send a message via MSN to El Diablo Send a message via Yahoo to El Diablo
Yeah, that scheme was the response i made when i asked about it. Since baki's sword of wind jutsu should be able to kill him.
Old 2003-12-21, 03:46   Link #29
joe4182
sup bitches

Send a message via AIM to joe4182
Exclamation

i dont think that there is that big of a difference of strength because shikamaru was the only one to be promoted to a chuunin and eveyone knows that all of the leafs that were left would have killed him.
joe4182 is offline   Reply With Quote