AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2006-02-25, 16:29   Link #21
ooh-zoo-mah-kee
naa woo toe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by degeros
And Hollow Ichigo wasn't even in bankai.
the guy only had half a mask too as opposed to Hyoris full mask
Old 2006-02-25, 18:14   Link #22
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Flame
Wtf is Kansai-Ben??
He speaks a dialect native to Kansai. (Kyoto, Osaka and surrounding areas.) So he's most likely from there.
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-25, 21:12   Link #23
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223
Geez. *shudders*

Byakuya would have been torn into pieces too, had not Ichigo interrupted THEIR fight. I mean, hollow Ichigo clearly beats Byakuya anyday: he doesn't even have a final form yet - he only uses Kuroi Getsuga Tenshou too well.

If Ichigo can pound that hollow into him to lend him complete control ... the Gillians, the Arrancars, heck - even the Vastoorodes will have a field day with him. (I remember the time where he pawned three vice-captains in just under ten seconds.) Probably that will happen ...

Too bad Ichigo is destined only to be for the 11th squad. He's dumb and fights with hands alone. Ever think: what if he mastered the Black Coffin? If the enemies aren't in trouble they really will be.

Hell, with Ichigo's overwhelming Reiatsu, I'm sure even basic Kidou will have an incredible punch.

Altho, I doubt he'd ever be able to master anything as high a level as what you said.
Old 2006-02-25, 21:21   Link #24
Scarlet

I can see him doing a Renji... But if he's that strong and messes up, he'll kill himself or lose an arm
Scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-25, 21:49   Link #25
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komataguri
Hell, with Ichigo's overwhelming Reiatsu, I'm sure even basic Kidou will have an incredible punch... Altho, I doubt he'd ever be able to master anything as high a level as what you said.
Heh. Ichigo is academically intelligent, but he's somewhat lacking in intelligence (if you get what I mean). That's what I meant ... he's dumb.

Dreaming of even using the Black Coffin was just a fantasy. Come on, guys: Ichigo = idiot.

Though it really, really will be super-powerful if he got a brain implant or if someone suddenly decided to give him perceptive thinking skills ...
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-25, 22:49   Link #26
Scarlet

I can see him casting the black coffin on himself by accident
Old 2006-02-26, 05:58   Link #27
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One
I'm wondering: When Ichigo came to the Vaizards they said, that he sucks at sensing Reiatsu... which doesn't seem to be wrong.
However, I remember in the anime, there was a scene, in which Ichigo was able to materialise a few spirit threads to locate Chad and the bird-boy, which was said to be a very high-level technique. Did the anime just add this scene, or has Ichigo gotten worse since this time?

BTW, I wonder what kind of power-level those Vaizards had, before they became Vaizards... somehow I doubt that anyone of them was even at a Vice-Captain level.
it was in manga too... it might be that it was foretold that he will use high level kidouh, or was just a way to show that he is special...
if even the strongest Vaizard was at Vice-Capitan level before becoming Vaizard, it can be difficult with Ichigo as we don't know when will be a good time to call him Vaizard, as he still isn't at this level of hollow-skills
Old 2006-02-26, 06:11   Link #28
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolcik
it was in manga too... it might be that it was foretold that he will use high level kidouh, or was just a way to show that he is special...
if even the strongest Vaizard was at Vice-Capitan level before becoming Vaizard, it can be difficult with Ichigo as we don't know when will be a good time to call him Vaizard, as he still isn't at this level of hollow-skills
From what we already know:

- Rukia says Ichigo is talented in that he knows how to "materialize" the reaitsu into spirit threads.
- Shinigami spirit threads are red in colour and hence are quicker to detect than normal spirit threads
- However, the shinigamis do have a way of concealing their spirit threads, when they need to prevent people like Ichigo from sensing them
- Ichigo knows next to nothing about how reiatsu or spirit threads can be concealed (that's why he admits he "sucks")
- The Vaizards deliberately released a bit of their reiatsu so that Ichigo can find them quickly, through their red spirit threads
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 06:37   Link #29
fremeer

umm i would think he could do basic kido because he just has so much reitsu. what i want ichigo to do is go to soul societies new shinigami training grounds and be reitsu limited so he has to learn how to use his reitsu to it's peak instead of plain brute force.
fremeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 07:06   Link #30
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I think that even his Getsuga Tenshou (Zangetsu's ability) is basic kidou. It is comparable to Hinamori's Tobiume (her zanpakutoh) ability to throw fireballs, but here it's pure reiatsu.
Old 2006-02-26, 07:54   Link #31
nolanvoid

kansai ben refers to the fact that theyre from the country...
the kansai area
nolanvoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 19:15   Link #32
carb

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One
I'm wondering: When Ichigo came to the Vaizards they said, that he sucks at sensing Reiatsu... which doesn't seem to be wrong.
However, I remember in the anime, there was a scene, in which Ichigo was able to materialise a few spirit threads to locate Chad and the bird-boy, which was said to be a very high-level technique. Did the anime just add this scene, or has Ichigo gotten worse since this time?

BTW, I wonder what kind of power-level those Vaizards had, before they became Vaizards... somehow I doubt that anyone of them was even at a Vice-Captain level.
its hard to assume that they're below vice-captain. Maybe hyori was just too stunned to react quickly when hichigo came out. And from what we've seen so far, none can stand against Hichigo. Even at captain level, byakuya's probability of surviving or landing a blow on hichigo would have been uh... 1%? =p

but most probably, none of them are captain level from the fact taht none of them embody that sort of captain-aura and attitude in them
carb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 20:03   Link #33
HeavyYeti
Bleached Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by carb
its hard to assume that they're below vice-captain. Maybe hyori was just too stunned to react quickly when hichigo came out. And from what we've seen so far, none can stand against Hichigo. Even at captain level, byakuya's probability of surviving or landing a blow on hichigo would have been uh... 1%? =p

but most probably, none of them are captain level from the fact taht none of them embody that sort of captain-aura and attitude in them

That's the thing...they don't need to.

Their Hollow powers easily make up for it.

And as cocky as the Vaizards are, I see them coming to the "good" side in the end. They'll need to...if the Arrancar higher-ups are as scary as they've made them to seem to be...I expect lots of blood soon.
HeavyYeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 20:40   Link #34
Scarlet

They obviously aren't bad. Maybe neutral at worst...

While they look like a disorganized group, they obviously care for each other. All 7 of them rushed to Hyori's aid, when she was in trouble.

I don't think an arrancar would do that if they were in the exact same situation....
Old 2006-02-26, 22:35   Link #35
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I don't think Ichigo will EVER learn to truly be a technical Shinigami. The reason being that he's the protagonist, and it'd be pretty boring if he was a master of his powers both technically and spiritually/physically.

If that was the case, then he'd simply be invincible.

I think Tite will simply have Ichigo know a few more techniques and leave everything up to fate. But of course, Ichigo will survive through it all through sheer willpower or luck.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 22:52   Link #36
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles
I don't think Ichigo will EVER learn to truly be a technical Shinigami. The reason being that he's the protagonist, and it'd be pretty boring if he was a master of his powers both technically and spiritually/physically.

If that was the case, then he'd simply be invincible.

I think Tite will simply have Ichigo know a few more techniques and leave everything up to fate. But of course, Ichigo will survive through it all through sheer willpower or luck.
And Orihime's healing powers
Old 2006-02-26, 23:56   Link #37
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

You're wrong, Komataguri. You lacked something!

Orihime's 'healing ... ' powers ...
Old 2006-02-27, 05:17   Link #38
propa03
I am an onion!

Send a message via AIM to propa03 Send a message via Yahoo to propa03
The Small One makes a good point. In my opinion, it wouldn't be a simple matter if someone of a seated or (Vice)-Captain position were to disappear. I'm almost certain that some kind of search would still be active for them, especially if their disappearance was especially noteworthy. Guess we'll just be waiting for some backstory on our new Vaizard friends!
Old 2006-02-27, 07:09   Link #39
Kai Yukari

Ichigo's gonna learn how to use his hollow powers!!!! I'm excited!!! I kinda like that pic where the vaizards subdued hollow-ichigo, that was cool! I wonder what connections those vaizards have with soul-society.

Could it be possible that Urahara knows them?
Kai Yukari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-27, 08:04   Link #40
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Anything can happen in Bleach. That's why the manga is so enticing to read.