AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-01-16, 14:27   Link #341
molitar

Like what? They becomming some fairy lights or something like that. Her memory even being erased of them. After she said no she would not do it it WAS forced upon her anyway! I watched it on Anime Network on Demand and that is where it ended with her floating out on a boat out the door while her friends become some fairy lights. What a dumb ending.

To have your memory wiped without your consent.. to lose everything about them and your journey to get there.. to not have a choice to destroy the very Tiara that forced it all upon you.. that is nothing more than a psychological rape.
Old 2006-01-16, 15:19   Link #342
hooliganj
Team Player

You're taking it a bit too seriously, but yeah, you haven't watched episode 26. You should probably hold off on the ranting until you see the actual ending.
Old 2006-01-16, 15:50   Link #343
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar
Like what? They becomming some fairy lights or something like that. Her memory even being erased of them. After she said no she would not do it it WAS forced upon her anyway! I watched it on Anime Network on Demand and that is where it ended with her floating out on a boat out the door while her friends become some fairy lights. What a dumb ending.

To have your memory wiped without your consent.. to lose everything about them and your journey to get there.. to not have a choice to destroy the very Tiara that forced it all upon you.. that is nothing more than a psychological rape.
Sounds intresting, I need to take a look at it.
Old 2006-01-16, 20:27   Link #344
Chiibi
Lolli for loli :D

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Well I LOVED Puchi Puri Yucie. ^_^ Yes, you didn't finish the series so you better watch the last episode before you complain about it. =P

To the Sailor Moon bashers: STFU AND WATCH THE ORIGINAL VERSION!!

To the DBZ-worshippers: Yeah, I've seen parts of the Japanese one and while it was of course much better than the dub *gags* I still don't know why people go ape over it. It's the same freakin' thing OVER and OVER and OVER! Plus the art is so ugly that it doesn't even look like anime at all. I'm an artist. I will not watch things with bad art. Every character on that show is so visually unappealing to me. Except for Androids 17 and 18. They rule. The series should have ended with them killing everyone and ruling the earth for all eternity. Yeah, that would have been sweetness.

As for the anime that should be used as a frisbee....

REIGN THE CONQUEROR AND SD GUNDAM MUST DIEEEEEEEEEE!!
Wow, I'm not picky but these two suck more than anything I've seen in my entire life. I can't watch more than two minutes of them. They're so incredibly gross to look at. Especially Reign. I don't know what the creators were thinking. YUCK.

(to make it more clear, I'm talking about the SD Gundam that airs in the U.S. That repulsive thing is ANIME!? You're kidding me!)

I did not like Akira but it certainly isn't a bad anime. It's the matter of my personal taste.

Last edited by Chiibi; 2006-01-17 at 08:36.
Old 2006-01-16, 23:52   Link #345
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
To the Sailor Moon bashers: STFU AND WATCH THE ORGINAL VERSION!!
Agree 100%, but only for the first season. 'R' and the rest stank too much like DBZ to me. I mean...

Hey look, there's another evil more powerful than the last one. Hey look we're in trouble, and look we just got new powers to defeat them! Finally look, the world is at peace and now we start the cycle again. >_>

Chibi-usa really annoyed me as well and was the last straw (first foray to incest, so sue me :P). Probably also is the cause for my general dislike of loli or loli-like characters. Sure there's exceptions like Shana, but that's very rare.
Old 2006-01-17, 08:34   Link #346
Chiibi

No, no, Sailor Stars is the BEST season. Why? Because there's no lame Tuxedo Kamen throwing his lame roses and best of all NO CHIBI-USA! I agree with you. I hate that thing. She's on the very top of my "Characters Who Need to DIE" list.

Instead, she is replaced by Chibi Chibi who is adorable in every way. She does what the evil Chibi failed to do. Be cute.

Indeed, Bishoujo Senshi is repetitive, yes, but most mahou shoujo is. Being the mahou shoujo freak that I am, I NEVER get tired of it.
Old 2006-01-18, 12:34   Link #347
EternityOfPain
Boss of AnimeLessons

Send a message via AIM to EternityOfPain
Kare Kano. Worst anime series ever. Period.
Old 2006-01-18, 12:44   Link #348
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternityOfPain
Kare Kano. Worst anime series ever. Period.
Care to elaborate? Or are you just going for the ambigious baiting?
Old 2006-01-18, 13:00   Link #349
EternityOfPain
Boss of AnimeLessons

Send a message via AIM to EternityOfPain
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCntry
Care to elaborate? Or are you just going for the ambigious baiting?
Sure thing, I have numerous DVDs (roughly 600 R1) Out of all the countless hundred series I have seen Kare Kano is the only series that I was unable to finish. The animation is poor (I notice quite a lot of still shots and the transition is not good). The "color" is just so distastefully done that makes the character design appalling. This series almost completely ruined the romance genre for me. I was only able to finish the first disc. Currently, I still own the rest of the series however I know I will never bother with the series again. To make things worse some say the beginning is "excellent" and just later down the road (towards the end of the series, you know, when the director HIMSELF left! Was when the series goes downhill) I can't even imagine how bad it gets therefore I rate it the worst series i have ever seen to date.
Old 2006-01-19, 08:42   Link #350
Chiibi

Wow, my Kare Kano obsessed friend would totally kill you for saying those things about her beloved series. But don't worry-I won't tell her.
Old 2006-01-19, 10:16   Link #351
Cloudy

DragonballZ(fights too draggy eg:goku VS freeza) and pokemon(it took many episodes to get a badge and story is pile of filler shit).
Old 2006-01-19, 17:27   Link #352
Ziv

no one's mentioned hamtaro...
Old 2006-01-20, 10:33   Link #353
Chiibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziv
no one's mentioned hamtaro...
Uh....that's because Hamtaro's for three-year-olds....
Old 2006-01-20, 10:37   Link #354
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Kare Kano is very abrupt and incomplete.

As anime it failed. Seriously, despite interesting characters.
Old 2006-01-20, 15:11   Link #355
kaply

Kare Kano as an anime was very.. mangaish. In a sense it was more like a narrated manga in color. However the basic story and development was very well done in the early episodes. Also portions that were animated gave more interpretation than the manga did. The vocals also added an extra layer of depth that you can't find in a translated manga (saying this because I don't know to what extent the translations were accurate).

The only anime I've seen that I would call bad is gundam wing and brain powered.
Old 2006-12-04, 13:44   Link #356
vietpimp

Anime you can't stand

Just wondering if there was any anime that was sooooo bad that you can't even stand to watch another minute of it.

Only one that comes to mind for me as of the moment would be Strawberry Panic. I'll probably think of more but for now thats only one I can think of.
Old 2006-12-04, 14:20   Link #357
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

I tend to try and avoid really bad animes, but...

Nuku Nuku TV and Love Hina Again. I'd prefer to forget they existed so they won't spoil my opinion of the earlier entries in both series, which I found a pretty fun way to blow a few hours.
Old 2006-12-04, 15:00   Link #358
General_Norris
Ouendan member

The Bleach OVAs sucked. One was a copy of a previous episode but without the funny parts and the other had directly this plot:

1) OMG! AN INCREDIBLE POWERFUL GUY HAS APPEARED!!!
2) Cameos
3) More Cameos
3.5) Some fights used to make more cameos
4) Even more cameos
5) Random Kenpachi funnies
6) Ichigo kills the guy
7) Ending full of cameos
8) More cameos.

Well, at least they had great graphics (It is Bleach after all)
Old 2006-12-04, 16:03   Link #359
The Bloodlust Kid
Needs a better screenname

Send a message via AIM to The Bloodlust Kid
I never liked Evangelion (Xenogears is superior despite it being a game)

I would give FLCL a bad rating because of the idiotic fanbase who keeps insisting that it has a "deep" message that could "change" people's insight on life when it's suppose to be idiotic for the sake of idiotic. I won't because FLCL managed to make me laugh.

Although I truly hate the Samurai Deeper Kyo anime as it used way too many still images and it deviated away from the manga by a lot.
Old 2006-12-04, 16:58   Link #360
Blablabla
Zetsubo-sensei daaaaaa !!

- Fate Stay Night
- My Otome
- My HiME (but only the half of the last dvd... )
- Samurai 7
- Sailor Moon
- Mouse
- Hanayukyo Maids
- Negima (and not Negima?!)
- Naruto
- All fighting video games adaptations from Street Fighter to Tekken (but the Last Nakoruru OVA and the second Fatal Fury one were enjoyable).
- I"s pure (I enjoyed the manga but the anime... bleh)
- Gin iro no Kami Agito

etc...
Closed Thread