AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-01-26, 00:45   Link #1041
tbl
Affably Evil
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hammerspace or Australia, I forget which
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
The reason I hate those types of anime is because they try and solve real-world problems through stupid card games, etc. Such as Yu-Gi-Oh! and it subsequent generations.
Those shows are great as long as you don't take them seriously. I mean c'mon, playing a card game to save the world is hilarious.
__________________
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

tbl is offline  
Old 2008-01-26, 00:56   Link #1042
4Tran
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCntry View Post
Haven't we repeated this at least 100 times over the course of this thread and yet people still fail to grasp it?
That's because it looks like most people haven't watched such "gems" like Lime-iro Ryuukitan X Cross, Musashi Gundoh or Cosprayers, so they just have to settle for shows that they don't like.


Nitpick:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryougi Shiki View Post
... extremely mediocre series, I'd nominate GetBackers and the second season of ZnT.
"Mediocre" isn't synonymous with "awful". It means "of average tending towards poor quality", so writing "extremely mediocre" is the same as writing "very average".
__________________
The victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won...
4Tran is offline  
Old 2008-01-26, 06:22   Link #1043
Ryougi Shiki
私, オレ, lines of origin
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
That's because it looks like most people haven't watched such "gems" like Lime-iro Ryuukitan X Cross, Musashi Gundoh or Cosprayers, so they just have to settle for shows that they don't like.


Nitpick:

"Mediocre" isn't synonymous with "awful". It means "of average tending towards poor quality", so writing "extremely mediocre" is the same as writing "very average".
But the thing is, I haven't actually seen any awful shows. I have a sixth sense that keeps me away from them, so I haven't seen them.

However, Musashi Gundoh is so horrible that it is fucking awesome and hilarious. I only watched it because /a/ told me to, and I wasn't disappointed.

Oh well. The worst anime out of the ones I've seen aren't actually that bad.


...

Actually, you know what? Amaenaideyo was the worst out of the ones I've seen. I didn't hate it, but that's because I'm a guy and I jack off easily, especially with the last episode, 13.

Also, some of the episodes were actually likable.

What made it the worst was the constant feeling that I was being manipulated, and the specter of Ken Akamatsu must have taken over this guy in droves, because the shitty "oh you walked into me/groped me/saw me naked here I'll beat you to death" cliche really rubbed me the wrong way. Not to mention there was absolutely nothing behind all of the fanservice except a plot that can be summarized into a single sentence.

I was a sucker for Episode 13 though. Actual visible nipples AND he gets away with seeing every damn girl in the house sleeping naked and/or sleepwalking naked without a beating.

But when that's the high point of a series, it's safe to say it's pretty bad.
__________________
Ryougi Shiki is offline  
Old 2008-01-26, 10:33   Link #1044
Chiibi
Lolli for loli :D
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: in a boring place you will not want to go to
Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
That's because it looks like most people haven't watched such "gems" like Lime-iro Ryuukitan X Cross, Musashi Gundoh or Cosprayers, so they just have to settle for shows that they don't like.
I avoided them because everyone said they were awful.

I'm an odd one though. I usually end up liking series that people hate. Two of the best examples would be Mouse and Rizelmine. Why? I found Mouse hilarious and Rizelmine just plain cute. Incredibly wrong but cute and very funny at times!
__________________
Chiibi is offline  
Old 2008-01-26, 16:40   Link #1045
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Right behind you.
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbl View Post
Those shows are great as long as you don't take them seriously. I mean c'mon, playing a card game to save the world is hilarious.
The problem is that they take themselves seriously. Frankly, I'd rather watch the abridged versions because they are actually funny.
__________________
Spectacular_Insanity is offline  
Old 2008-01-26, 20:39   Link #1046
Naja_Raja
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: United States
Age: 38
Kaze no Stigma was another one I couldn't get into. Not saying its bad (I only watched the first few episodes) but meh. I may try to watch it again but I haven't really heard anyone sound off about it so it may not be worth it.

As for FMA, le SIGH. FMA was the first real anime I watched. Before that I thought of all anime as being on the same level as DBZ or Pokemon or whatever. My friend said "You have to watch FMA!" so I did and I loved it. I still love it. But, looking at it now that I have watched several really really superb series, I have to admit it isn't all that great. I don't think its horrid but there's definitely better stuff out there.
Naja_Raja is offline  
Old 2008-01-26, 20:41   Link #1047
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naja_Raja View Post
As for FMA, le SIGH. FMA was the first real anime I watched. Before that I thought of all anime as being on the same level as DBZ or Pokemon or whatever. My friend said "You have to watch FMA!" so I did and I loved it. I still love it. But, looking at it now that I have watched several really really superb series, I have to admit it isn't all that great. I don't think its horrid but there's definitely better stuff out there.
THANK YOU. This was EXACTLY what I wanted to say. I don't dislike FMA, but it was THE drama/action series of its time, and that is why it has to many fans. Also, many people who watched FMA might have grown out of anime, so they haven't watched the newer superb series. This is why I think FMA is so popular. Case and point: DBZ. People I talk to now said they love anime because they loved DBZ. Well, they also said that they haven't watched any other anime since then, so I think that FMA suffers a similar problem, but not exactly the same.

EDIT: Thank you for the person who gave me the bad reputation. I just wanted to point out again that I don't hate FMA and apparently my opinion and analysis on the matter pissed someone off. Don't worry though, that won't discourage me from speaking out my mind in the future. I'm not sure what you meant by "I still love FMA," since I just made an argument about why it's popular...?

Last edited by KholdStare; 2008-01-27 at 00:21.
KholdStare is offline  
Old 2008-01-27, 02:09   Link #1048
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 22
I'm sorry FMA is just like DBZ, something overpopurlized because most people can't realize there are a ton of far better anime out there. I personally believe FMA sucks, it tries to take itself too seriously at times and makes me lol.
Reckoner is offline  
Old 2008-01-27, 02:52   Link #1049
Liddo-kun
Come on everyone
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Nanairogaoka
Send a message via MSN to Liddo-kun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
I'm sorry FMA is just like DBZ, something overpopurlized because most people can't realize there are a ton of far better anime out there. I personally believe FMA sucks, it tries to take itself too seriously at times and makes me lol.
That's a very good point.
I think that's the common problem with most animes that have become mainstream. Some people assume that anime is just Bleach or anime is just Naruto. Like on another anime forum someone said I can't call myself an anime watcher if I'm not a Naruto fan - /sweatdrop

Though I have to state my opinion that FMA isn't as bad as DBZ:

1. FMA didn't stretch to 200+ episodes.
2. FMA does not have a paper thin plot.

My opinion might sound biased to favor FMA since I'm a FMA fan.
However, I do agree that since FMA has been created some time ago, there are quite a lot of animes (I could name more than a dozen) right now that have a better plot/storyline.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2008-01-27 at 03:12.
Liddo-kun is offline  
Old 2008-01-27, 03:08   Link #1050
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by -boiledliddo- View Post
That's a very good point.
I think that's the common problem with most animes that have become mainstream. People assume that anime is just Bleach or anime is just Naruto. Like on another anime forum someone said I can't call myself an anime watcher if I'm not a Naruto fan - /sweatdrop

Though I have to state my opinion that FMA isn't as bad as DBZ:

1. FMA didn't stretch to 200+ episodes.
2. FMA does not have a paper thin plot.

My opinion might sound biased to favor FMA since I'm a FMA fan.
However, I do agree that since FMA has been created some time ago, there are quite a lot of animes (I could name more than a dozen) right now that have a better plot/storyline.
Yup, this is all quite true. I don't think you're biased at all, but right on the money. FMA is similar to DBZ but not near as bad, and I'm glad so many people actually shared my view on this. I thought I would be alone. Once again I don't hate FMA; I actually gave it a good rating. However, if there's any anime that's overrated it's this one. I made the mistake of watching something else I considered a masterpiece before FMA, so maybe that's why I'm being so critical about FMA. My review of that anime in short is that it has a decent plot, extremely addictive adventures, some inconsistencies, and an unresolved ending (personal opinion, please don't attack). But why are we discussing about this anyways? One thing I will say with confidence is that under no circumstances should FMA be mentioned in this thread as a frisbee (I still don't know what that means).

Also, plot and enjoyment doesn't have to be directly correlated. Some anime has very very good plots but I was pretty much in confusion for most of it, and only realized how good it is at the very end. FMA just kept me watching even though its plot might not be as good. At the end of the day it's not a life impact on me, but it's something I watched, enjoyed, and don't regret seeing.
KholdStare is offline  
Old 2008-01-27, 03:15   Link #1051
tbl
Affably Evil
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hammerspace or Australia, I forget which
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naja_Raja View Post
Kaze no Stigma was another one I couldn't get into. Not saying its bad (I only watched the first few episodes) but meh. I may try to watch it again but I haven't really heard anyone sound off about it so it may not be worth it.
The series itself is very average, but Kazuma is just so freaking awesome and Kazuma x Ayano is hilarious.
__________________
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

tbl is offline  
Old 2008-01-27, 03:44   Link #1052
EXEs
Hallelujah...
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Age: 22
I like FMA well enough, but I myself didn't really consider it a "masterpiece". The plot was very interesting, certainly, and the characters are likeable. The music wasn't too good within, the ending, I liked it, but then the movie spoilt it for me. But it is definitely not a bad anime, hell, I would recommend it to anyone to watch, whether they be newcomer or veteran. Now back to the subject plz.
__________________
EXEs is offline  
Old 2008-01-27, 04:01   Link #1053
Nenkitsune
Ive been MikuCaramellized
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Nenkitsune Send a message via Yahoo to Nenkitsune
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbl View Post
The series itself is very average, but Kazuma is just so freaking awesome and Kazuma x Ayano is hilarious.
Yeah. Kaze no Stigma was a pretty average one. It's a good show though, and Kazuma x Ayano is freakin hilarious (even more so because my sister's middle name is Ayano, my middle name is Kazuhiko (or Kazu) and she argues with me for no reason, yelling and hitting me at the slightest of things.

I liked FMA for the most part. I watched it up to episode 26, but it was licensed shortly after and i couldn't watch it. When it came on TV though, the dub made me cringe and i was always at work when it aired so i just dropped it. I wouldn't mind watching it, but i have way too many shows to watch as it is
my list in my sig, is only of shows currently airing. I'm actually watching about 15 different shows or so....lemme count real quick
zetsubou
shana
ghost hound
persona
spice and wolf
rosario+vampire
true tears
kaiji
clannad
minami-ke okawari
mahoraba
girls bravo
yakitake japan
amaenaideyo
Nighthead Genesis
myself; yourself
bleach

17 shows.....and a few of them i actually have to watch from the beginning (like yakitake japan, clannad, mahoraba, amaenaideyo, nighthead genesis, myself; yourself, kaiji) I haven't started them because I just finished watching Kaibutsu Oujo earlier today T_T

this season is going to be rough on me. I picked up too many shows to watch.

but hopefully it won't be a bad thing. It just means i have more stuff to watch while i wait for new stuff to come out.


Bleach is kinda turning into one of those shows that will never end, but i watch it just to kill time, and it's somewhat interesting. Naruto just dragged on to long for me to keep up with though. I watched up to like, 167 or 171 and after that decided that I didn't really like it anymore.

Oh dear...I just added Shigofumi to my list. well, that makes 18 shows now....pity my harddrive, for it is weeping.
__________________

もいちど。。。

Last edited by Nenkitsune; 2008-01-27 at 05:28.
Nenkitsune is offline  
Old 2008-01-27, 13:19   Link #1054
BleachOD
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kneeling in front of my ICHIGO SHRINE.
^^ Oh how could you like not Bleach!?!??! Woah....*is blown away by that*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
I'm sorry FMA is just like DBZ, something overpopurlized because most people can't realize there are a ton of far better anime out there. I personally believe FMA sucks, it tries to take itself too seriously at times and makes me lol.
I didn't like it either! FMA SUCKS!


For me would be

Technolyze...can you say anime on acid
Aqaurian Age....Still trying to figure out wtf that was about
BleachOD is offline  
Old 2008-01-27, 15:35   Link #1055
GreatTeacherKen
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: California
There were two other anime that I forgot to mention earlier.

You're Under Arrest: No Mercy: The concept of Natsumi and Miyuki going to America could've made for an interesting change of pace, and perhaps some new quirky characters, but unfortunately that wasn't what I got.

For one thing the supporting characters look exactly the same as the 2nd season supporting cast except for hair and skin color, which I find to be incredibly lazy on the character designer's part, especially since the supporting characters act differently from the regular cast.

Their personalities aren't very interesting either; they're pretty much caricatures of American stereotypes which aren't very funny.

Green Green OVA: I also disliked the TV series, but I didn't dislike it as much the OVA. and I'm talking about the one shot OVA which reverses the premise of the TV series. The animation was pretty bad, and it was generally unfunny.
GreatTeacherKen is offline  
Old 2008-01-27, 19:29   Link #1056
Aoi v1
a.k.a. aoikazemaru
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Akihabara
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to Aoi v1
hm... the worst anime i've seen: Cosplay Complex, it was just, not worth of watching >_>

also, i didn't like "he's my master", maid fans are going to kill me but an underage boy who lves in a mansion with 3 underage girls as his maids and is even more perverted than roshi sensei, is just not my style of anime ^-^ that's a maid fns must watch i think :P
Aoi v1 is offline  
Old 2008-01-27, 22:24   Link #1057
Flame-X
Anti-fan
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Earth
Gundam SEED Destiny
Narutard
Inuyasha
__________________
Flame-X is offline  
Old 2008-01-29, 00:40   Link #1058
Chiibi
Lolli for loli :D
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: in a boring place you will not want to go to
Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
OH. I know a definite frisbee! Love Love. That was the worst harem I've ever seen. Sure as heck not love at all. A guy running into many girls (some looking as young as EIGHT) and accidentally seeing their panties because they tripped or he tripped. THAT'S ALL IT WAS. This show had nothing going for it. No good characters, animation, music, artwork, plot. ZILCH. Yet for some reason, my friend likes it. And weirder still, this friend is a yaoi fangirl.
__________________
Chiibi is offline  
Old 2008-01-29, 00:44   Link #1059
patnam
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
School Days
patnam is offline  
Old 2008-01-29, 01:44   Link #1060
Naja_Raja
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: United States
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleachOD View Post
^^ Oh how could you like not Bleach!?!??! Woah....*is blown away by that*
I don't like Bleach, either
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clamp-X View Post
Gundam SEED Destiny
Narutard
Inuyasha
lol @ Narutard
Naja_Raja is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:40.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.