AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-05, 15:16   Link #1221
oompa loompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faeyice View Post

Inuyasha I actually enjoyed the anime, but I don't love it or hate it. It started out rather well, pretty easy to follow. But after awhile the fillers starting increasing A LOT, and the series dragged out rather long. Then when the show ended, the plot pretty much turned into a never ending cliff hanger.

Inuyasha finally ended just recently, just for the sake of curiosity you might want to check out what happened in the last.. oh 100 chapters or so , wasnt half bad either.

though i completely agree with you about the latter part of the series, it really dropped quite a lot, and ended on a terrible terrible note.
Old 2008-08-05, 15:35   Link #1222
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Tekken, Sin, Reign the Conquerer, and the first 20 episodes of Sucky Ltar
Old 2008-08-06, 14:04   Link #1223
Faeyice
it's animal, unbelievable
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompa loompa View Post
Inuyasha finally ended just recently, just for the sake of curiosity you might want to check out what happened in the last.. oh 100 chapters or so , wasnt half bad either.

though i completely agree with you about the latter part of the series, it really dropped quite a lot, and ended on a terrible terrible note.
I've already watched the entire series; and I saw the ending clip thing too. ;D If you were talking about the manga though, I rarely ever read manga. I prefer animations.
Old 2008-08-06, 20:59   Link #1224
Satsuki Yuuhi Ramius

Send a message via Yahoo to Satsuki Yuuhi Ramius
Digimon Movie(The first series movie) Seriously it's really worst!
Old 2008-08-07, 02:39   Link #1225
oompa loompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faeyice View Post
I've already watched the entire series; and I saw the ending clip thing too. ;D If you were talking about the manga though, I rarely ever read manga. I prefer animations.
yep i was referring to the manga. Ah well, each to his own i suppose . besides, if you ever were to start reading the manga from where it left off.. there are probably 200+ chapters to read, so i can see why its probably not a good idea ( ive been following it for the last 3 years now, and i still had a lot of chapters to read when i first started.)
Old 2008-08-07, 10:12   Link #1226
dave1992
Hinagiku Fans

Send a message via Yahoo to dave1992 Send a message via Skype™ to dave1992
Naruto, of course... It's the worst thing ever released.
Old 2008-08-07, 15:51   Link #1227
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1992 View Post
Naruto, of course... It's the worst thing ever released.
the frist 70ish eps are good the rest.....fillerish >> and eyt I still watch it....I like one piece more :P
Old 2008-08-07, 22:07   Link #1228
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

I liked Naruto a lot up through the first 30 some episodes. Probably because of the whole Haku and Zabuza thing and the fact that they seemed to actually use ninja weapons more and to good effect. Then it went all DBZ with their attacks and the story was just uninteresting and I didn't feel any emotional impact like I did with the early part of the show. Not to mention I hated over half the characters.
Old 2008-08-09, 11:41   Link #1229
Seriost
musicHOLiC~

Send a message via MSN to Seriost
I hate School Days and the title can go to hell
Old 2008-08-09, 11:43   Link #1230
ZippyDSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seriost View Post
I hate School Days and the title can go to hell
was hoping for a funny ecchi show?
Old 2008-08-09, 20:50   Link #1231
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
I liked Naruto a lot up through the first 30 some episodes. Probably because of the whole Haku and Zabuza thing and the fact that they seemed to actually use ninja weapons more and to good effect. Then it went all DBZ with their attacks and the story was just uninteresting and I didn't feel any emotional impact like I did with the early part of the show. Not to mention I hated over half the characters.
I still don't see why people try to drag down DBZ when talking about the crapness of Naruto...If Naruto was even close to as entertaining as DBZ was in it's prime it's entire fanbase wouldn't be as apathetic as they are now (Present company included)...Naruto betrayed it's fans by starting with some very deep aspects in-addition to the cool action then just turning into a shell of it's former self and til this day is still wasting potential...DBZ was always the most outrages martial arts action-fighting series in anime and it never betrayed that...Yeah like most serial shonen mangas turned into anime it's frustrating with how long it takes arcs to end, but the core of the show never betrayed the audience like Naruto did, has, and continues to do...300 eps into DBZ I still wanted more..300 eps into Naruto I just pray for it to end...
Old 2008-08-09, 20:53   Link #1232
ZippyDSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
I still don't see why people try to drag down DBZ when talking about the crapness of Naruto...If Naruto was even close to as entertaining as DBZ was in it's prime it's entire fanbase wouldn't be as apathetic as they are now (Present company included)...Naruto betrayed it's fans by starting with some very deep aspects in-addition to the cool action then just turning into a shell of it's former self and til this day is still wasting potential...DBZ was always the most outrages martial arts action-fighting series in anime and it never betrayed that...Yeah like most serial shonen mangas turned into anime it's frustrating with how long it takes arcs to end, but the core of the show never betrayed the audience like Naruto did, has, and continues to do...300 eps into DBZ I still wanted more..300 eps into Naruto I just pray for it to end...
Dude...... DBZ is cheap and silly compared to Naruto which is much deeper in both story and character, yes the fillers are worse than DBZ and almost as bad as GT I'll give you that, but 90% of the main manga cannon is better than DBZ ever will be....
Old 2008-08-09, 20:54   Link #1233
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
I wasn't bashing and nor do I hate DBZ. I just hated the fact they seemed to go that typical shonen route with Naruto when its about Ninjas. Adding all the over the top jutsu attacks that looked like something out of DBZ just made me hate it, because it turned into something it shouldn't have been. I was just using DBZ for a comparison on the attacks.
Old 2008-08-09, 21:02   Link #1234
ZippyDSM

Quote:
I wasn't bashing and nor do I hate DBZ. I just hated the fact they seemed to go that typical shonen route with Naruto when its about Ninjas. Adding all the over the top jutsu attacks that looked like something out of DBZ just made me hate it, because it turned into something it shouldn't have been. I was just using DBZ for a comparison on the attacks.
more like "oooo lets milk it to death and throw all writers we have on staff who know more grammar than zippy at it to make sht up to drag it out and suck it dry"....

FYI I like DB,DBZ and even the insanely bad GT, they all have charm and wit about them in their own way, as dose Naruto who I see as more polished...even if you make up Goku/Naruto compressions from love of fighting to hunger to high stanimina to the same sounding voice actor for both kid and adult/teen....
er lost train of thought, my point being they both are as gimmicky and silly most of the time :P
Old 2008-08-09, 21:28   Link #1235
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

The thing about Naruto is that I was annoyed by half the characters. Naruto is as annoying as they come and so is Sakura and half the other so called "ninjas". ANother thing is that I find the story gets reall uninteresting after the Hokage/Orochimaru battle.

I didn't find the story real deep or emotional anymore and it became too predictable and while I can stand that with certain animes because those animes make up with it with charms in other areas, Naruto didn't. Another thing is they may as well call the friggin show Sauske since the main story seems to revolve around him. Infact almost all plots in the show seem to revolve around him and little time is given to what was thought to be the main plot; Naruto becoming Hokage.

Really the show just fell apart and I couldn't stand to watch it anymore. Infact the only characters I greatly liked was Haku and Zabuza. That was a great sub-plot in the show and what got me to keep watching. However no other characters ever captured that seem essence as they did. The whole Naruto Sauske thing is predictable and I never felt much for it.
Old 2008-08-09, 21:33   Link #1236
ZippyDSM

Quote:
The thing about Naruto is that I was annoyed by half the characters. Naruto is as annoying as they come and so is Sakura and half the other so called "ninjas". ANother thing is that I find the story gets reall uninteresting after the Hokage/Orochimaru battle.

I didn't find the story real deep or emotional anymore and it became too predictable and while I can stand that with certain animes because those animes make up with it with charms in other areas, Naruto didn't. Another thing is they may as well call the friggin show Sauske since the main story seems to revolve around him. Infact almost all plots in the show seem to revolve around him and little time is given to what was thought to be the main plot; Naruto becoming Hokage.

Really the show just fell apart and I couldn't stand to watch it anymore. Infact the only characters I greatly liked was Haku and Zabuza. That was a great sub-plot in the show and what got me to keep watching. However no other characters ever captured that seem essence as they did. The whole Naruto Sauske thing is predictable and I never felt much for it.
After they got tsunade 80-90% of the eops failed, and failed hard because they were filler, you have to understand out of the 220ish (befor shippuden) eps at least half were filler.

The whole Naruto Sauske thing is predictable yes..but so is most anime, so meh I don't mind it so much the fillers tho...stink.... and the moives are fillerish >>
Old 2009-08-11, 10:14   Link #1237
Da~Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyDSM View Post
Da~Mike
I loved Shadowskill 0_o yes its medium grade but the animation is not bad for the time, the OVA has a more condensed awkward storyline the TV is alot better IMO.
I don't buy in to retail products anymore, the whole retail setup is meant as a way companies can over charge for products claiming they are on sale.....
When it comes to anime I might by in now and then but I will try to buy used first and always at no more than 2$ an ep, I don;t care if they charge 10$ a ep in JP they are the reason they are stagnating thier profits by making things so costly, in the disposable world the corporations(not just anime but all of media) have made to milk from, volume is the key to profit not over priced indavendaul or "bulk" sales.
Sorry ZippyDSM, I didn't reply to this did I?
I don't check forums as much as I used to and I just happened to sift through threads that I visited in the past but anyway.
I think I watched the OVA of Shadowskill, which to me, was less comprehensible than one of those knock-off "movies" of any particular series (the ridiculously truncated types).
Granted I gave Shadowskill skill less credit than it probably deserved but I happily sold it off to the CeX shop anyway(should exist in the US now).

Now for a recent series that deserves to be used as a frisbee, much less than a coaster: Queen's Blade.

No other series has thoroughly emphasised how base the quality of anime is of today.

Last edited by Da~Mike; 2009-08-11 at 10:16. Reason: typos+
Old 2009-08-11, 13:37   Link #1238
ZippyDSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da~Mike View Post
Sorry ZippyDSM, I didn't reply to this did I?
I don't check forums as much as I used to and I just happened to sift through threads that I visited in the past but anyway.
I think I watched the OVA of Shadowskill, which to me, was less comprehensible than one of those knock-off "movies" of any particular series (the ridiculously truncated types).
Granted I gave Shadowskill skill less credit than it probably deserved but I happily sold it off to the CeX shop anyway(should exist in the US now).

Now for a recent series that deserves to be used as a frisbee, much less than a coaster: Queen's Blade.

No other series has thoroughly emphasised how base the quality of anime is of today.
NP reply when you can or run away from the grammatical nightmare of zippy speak :P

Well I enjoyed the TV series greatly then again I liked most of Naruto,One piece and DBZ and can still enjoy Violinist of Hamlin TV 0-o

Queen's Blade is a wank fest.... I can barely comprehend the story I think ikktousen was done better....then again it might have more story....if that's possible... LOL
Old 2009-08-11, 15:23   Link #1239
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
Kanokon, is by far the worst anime I've ever seen and I would not mind to see people use the DVDs of the show as a frisbee or as a toilet.

There's just sooooo much in the show that is down right bad that you can't ignore it. The protagonists are offensive to the male and female genders due to how they react to EVERYTHING. And not only that, but the art feels really off-putting and the story doesn't make any sense. It's not like Sekirei or Ikkitousen where the fanservice is THERE within the storyline. This show is just pure, unadulterated fanservice compiled with bullshit romance, comedy and plot points.

I don't even agree where people say it's a "Turn off the brain and watch" series. There's just so much bloody stupidity and inhuman interactions that you can't ignore what's going on. You can only sell boobs that much.

And it's not even like, a nice boat ending. If anything, I would say this show gave a giant "SCREW YOU" ending.

When it comes to really popular anime, I'd say Naruto. It's just too complex and contradictory.
Old 2009-08-11, 16:19   Link #1240
Archon_Wing
Hater
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
School Days! Yes it was different, I applaud them for trying but it was so stupid anyways. The OVA was even dumber, but at least it poked fun at itself which made it funny.

I wouldn't lump Naruto in with the heap of crap as it had its moments. I mean at least the characters had unique abilities, instead of everyone tossing around generic different colored energy blasts. I usually don't go too hard on series like that, because they usually do what they are supposed to do. Though a lot of the newest episodes deserve to be in here, with their 10 frames of animation per episode.

I also hated .hack sign, for just being boring and having like, 24 episodes of emo. And Persona was just utterly incomprehensible to me. Neither is really that horrible, but I just couldn't find anything entertaining about them.

And Kannazuki no Miko... Somehow I thought I'd be easily entertained by lesbians and mechas but I think my head just asploded. Was it supposed to be a comedy?
MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2009-08-11 at 16:49.
Closed Thread