AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > My HiME / My Otome

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-23, 01:04   Link #61
Atlantis_Lux
Nightingale

Sooo... since a good AMV about Nina Wang was nowhere to be seen, I've just added one. What I've done
Music by Linkin Park, that fits perfectly her character.
Made with Adobe Premiere (some subs were needed so I left them).

Last edited by Atlantis_Lux; 2007-10-23 at 05:05.
Old 2007-10-26, 16:41   Link #62
Atlantis_Lux
Nightingale

Another one... in these days I'm inspired. Bang Bang
This was made on a request, for a friend of mine who is crazy for a particular pairing. Well... extremely particular.
Music performed by Nancy Sinatra.
Made with Adobe Premiere.
Old 2007-10-26, 16:57   Link #63
AceMan
Observer

Send a message via ICQ to AceMan
Why, oh why not AVI? Damn, even WMV would be good... but not this crappy, below-good-taste-quality YouTube

Don't you people have a little esteem for your own work?
Old 2007-10-27, 01:46   Link #64
Atlantis_Lux
Nightingale

Well, dear, YouTube is the easiest way to make them accesible. Sadly the vast majority of viewers have no time/will to download large files. Others have no dsl.
If we had no esteem for our work we would't spend hours trying to synch music and footage. I suppose it would be better to discuss *that* here, not the medium used.
Old 2007-10-27, 14:44   Link #65
AceMan
Observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantis_Lux View Post
Sadly the vast majority of viewers have no time/will to download large files.
So if I were you, I wouldn't care about these people. I am an AMV maker as well and I want viewers to watch my stuff the way I would like to watch it. AMV making is one of my beloved hobbies and when I see that someone taints this form of art (yes, it is art) by uploading on such sites it really pisses me off.

Quote:
If we had no esteem for our work we would't spend hours trying to synch music and footage.
And YT takes all your hard work and turns into pixelated piece of low-resolution video with even worse audio quality. And you're saying you're okay with it?
Old 2007-10-28, 05:23   Link #66
Atlantis_Lux
Nightingale

Am I wrong or we are going a little off topic? I don't think this is the place to discuss about virtues or vices of YouTube. Personally I'm not crazy with animemusicvideos.com (for my own reasons) but it never crossed my mind to flame someone who decided to upload stuff there. It's totally up to you.
And for the rest...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceMan View Post

And YT takes all your hard work and turns into pixelated piece of low-resolution video with even worse audio quality. And you're saying you're okay with it?
Actually yes, when are my friends who asked me to upload my videos there because they can't download them.
Other than that, I'm always ready to send my amv to whoever wants to watch them in a better quality.
Old 2007-10-28, 11:33   Link #67
AceMan
Observer

Oh, don't get me wrong, I am not flaming you for doing this - I just want to persuade my personal way of thinking to everyone since I think it's the only right way ;D

Quote:
Actually yes, when are my friends who asked me to upload my videos there because they can't download them.
So it seems that you have different priorities than I have For me, the most important is how my friends will watch my video and I want to provide them the highest quality possible. If they can't download it for some reasons, I try to find a way to provide it to them, but without such hardcore solutions I am even ready to send them it via mail on CD

But as you said - it's totally up to you.

Quote:
Other than that, I'm always ready to send my amv to whoever wants to watch them in a better quality.
Then I'd really like to get the original copy of your video and watch it, if possible

And I don't think this is an offtopic - it touches the AMV matter all the time
Old 2007-10-28, 13:28   Link #68
Atlantis_Lux
Nightingale

Quote:

Then I'd really like to get the original copy of your video and watch it, if possible

And I don't think this is an offtopic - it touches the AMV matter all the time

I'm sending you a pm with the link to my videos.

So, about AMV, I've just had a look to a bunch of Mai Otome videos and, putting aside the poor quality of YouTube that we already discussed , can anyone please tell me why the vast majority of AMV makers seem unaware of the meaning of the word "synchronize"?
They just put together music and footage, even when the lyrics totally clash with the video. Sorry for the rant but that bug me so much...
Old 2007-10-28, 13:33   Link #69
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
So, about AMV, I've just had a look to a bunch of Mai Otome videos and, putting aside the poor quality of YouTube that we already discussed , can anyone please tell me why the vast majority of AMV makers seem unaware of the meaning of the word "synchronize"?
They just put together music and footage, even when the lyrics totally clash with the video. Sorry for the rant but that bug me so much...
I have that exact same annoyance with them. A video has to have things set and prepared. Random clips set to music may as well be a clip show...and even clip shows do better than they can.
Old 2007-10-28, 14:19   Link #70
AceMan
Observer

You know, the lyrical synth isn't SO important to me. If the video has great flow, idea and synchronization to the music, the lyrics can be about anything I've seen some excellent videos where the lyrics were for example about romatic love and the video about wrestling Of course when selected scenes match the lyrics well, it's even better; the great video combines all the aspects of the AMV making.

Apart from lyrical synth, it's even worse that 90% of the AMVs in the world are made by people that think they are able to make good videos, when they aren't. It's a matter of low self-criticism, over-estimating own capabilities and of course lack of basics.
Old 2007-10-28, 15:57   Link #71
Leebot
Cognivore

Quote:
Apart from lyrical synth, it's even worse that 90% of the AMVs in the world are made by people that think they are able to make good videos, when they aren't. It's a matter of low self-criticism, over-estimating own capabilities and of course lack of basics.
Sturgeon's Revelation: 90% of everything is crap. Learn to live with it.
Old 2007-11-09, 07:47   Link #72
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpObscura View Post
Well, Dragonforce beat-sync is the ultimate test of an AMV-maker's skill. Only Yngwie Malmsteen really gets close. I won't stress you with any of their pieces. With that said...

So... Let's see. Here's a list, might get lengthy. You don't have to do any of these.

Croteam - Serious Sam The Second Encounter Grand Cathedral Theme
Obsidian Shrine, 40% complete Alpha Release.

I'm going for a deliberately chaotic beat-sync, there'll be a downloadable version at AMV.org once I finish it.

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
Old 2007-12-31, 06:15   Link #73
Stephanie
You can reach for my hand

Send a message via Yahoo to Stephanie
Well, it's not really an AMV (But I am creating 2 right now on the way! )

It's Character Info on Mai-Hime with the ever so famous "It's Only A Fairytale" sung by Alyssa:

The others I'm making:
*Same song, but with all of them crying their eyes out
*Shizuka/Natsuki (aren't you all tired of the same AMVs about these 2?) but mine would be a different ShizNat, I assure you.. *evil laugh* It'll be creepy.. :3

"..No matter how hard we want to close our eyes, there's a whole world out there bigger than ourselves and our dreams.." ~FMA
Visit: Maria-sama Forum, My YouTube Account, Utena Forum
Old 2008-01-02, 01:21   Link #74
Shinn_Kabuto
Ore wa Kyasshan!

Can I post other videos here???
Old 2008-01-02, 22:25   Link #75
Teresa/Clare1415
Yuri Fangirl

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=iTsn6wkX_bw
Mai HiME WTF~Ness by Yunafan64
Old 2008-01-02, 23:07   Link #76
solarknight123

Not sure if anyone else put it here but i found a pretty funny one of shizuru
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a89GfvQQDBo
Old 2008-01-02, 23:09   Link #77
Teresa/Clare1415
Yuri Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarknight123 View Post
Not sure if anyone else put it here but i found a pretty funny one of shizuru
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a89GfvQQDBo
That's one of my favorites!
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=GzOdDWpdLoM
Old 2008-01-03, 04:38   Link #78
Shinn_Kabuto
Ore wa Kyasshan!

Just want to post this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZojBFa3k0w

Spoiler for When there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns... but by the blade of Knights, mankind has given hope:

Oh, the song is from the live-action show GARO. Don't watch it with the kids.
Old 2008-01-04, 07:02   Link #79
Atlantis_Lux
Nightingale

Very nice Shinn_Kabuto. And definitely Midori would make a great Makai Maiden. Is it yours the video?
Old 2008-01-04, 20:25   Link #80
Shinn_Kabuto
Ore wa Kyasshan!

Quote:
Very nice Shinn_Kabuto. And definitely Midori would make a great Makai Maiden. Is it yours the video?
Spoiler for To be honest...:

Spoiler for Off-topic:

Spoiler for Watch at ur own risk:

Last edited by Shinn_Kabuto; 2008-01-05 at 00:36.
Closed Thread