AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-04-28, 14:35   Link #2481
omgwtfgg

OST missing tracks

Hi, I wanted to ask about the missing piano track found on the last few episodes of Simoun. It can be found at:

ep. 24 13:24

ep. 25 9:17

It's my favorite track from the series, but it doesn't seem to be on either of the OSTs. Was wondering if anyone had any information on it or have it on any format (mp3, midi, wav)? Even if someone could tell me the name of the track, it would be appreciated.
omgwtfgg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-28, 14:47   Link #2482
yononaka
nani ni tatoemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
>>yononaka: I actually hesitated to post about the 2500 in case you might find it a provocation. But it seems we have both mellowed, while still keeping our original opinions. Glad to see you're still keeping track of the thread. Your provocative (to me) posts added a lot to the discussion (and to the number of posts). I agree that it is good to see new additions to the cast of characters that posts here.
Oh stop it, you're making me sound like a dangerous menace "Provocation"? I just looked at the thread because recently it's been featured more than it's been for a while, and it was funny to see you pointing out the numbers again (I think it's pretty normal to occasionally check in on a thread you've participated in, even if it's not your top interest? At least it's pretty habitual for me; although I suppose posting again is less so.)

I'm not completely sure what you mean by "mellowing", as my attitude toward the show as such has been pretty mellow from the beginning. I never thought it was a terribly "bad" show on the absolute scale (if there is such a thing), just nowhere near the top spots or worthy of being called a masterpiece. The fact that I criticized certain aspects of Simoun doesn't mean I hated the show, I just thought the various shortcomings took away from both the quality of the show and the popularity it could have had. (Although, I doubt that if Simoun were made in a way I would have liked better, it would have gained mass popularity ) If you thought I wasn't mellow, that didn't have so much to do with the show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
==> Kaoru Chujo casts Summon yononaka

==> yononaka appears!

j/k - nice to see you're still around
But I didn't appear when fignae summoned me before (Maybe it was a coincidence, but my stats were also on the page she referred to.)

BTW, is it now certain that the game will actually come out when announced? I'm asking because for a while there it seemed to exhibit symptoms of... I'm not sure if there's a term for this, but basically being left flapping in the wind due to the franchise (esp. the DVD sales) not performing to expectations. This isn't a schadenfreude question, more of an industry observation point.
yononaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-28, 15:57   Link #2483
Kaoru Chujo
Kuno Misaki

>>yononaka: I have mellowed, anyway. Maybe you always felt mellow and I just took any criticism as provocation. Sure it's normal to check back in, I didn't mean to imply it wasn't. I wouldn't have thought of you if I hadn't thought it was normal. I was right that my mentioning the numbers was a provocation, though. It provoked you to post again. Perfectly reasonable all round.
Kuno Misaki 久野美咲 age 21. 2009 - King of Thorn (Alie). 2010 - Oreimo (Bridget). 2012 - Black Rock Shooter (Hiro). 2013 - Problem children (Melln). Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS (Mimi), Log Horizon (Serara), Galilei Donna (Grande Rosso). 2014 - Noragami (Keiichi), Escha and Logy (Kuu), Zvezda Plot (Hoshimiya Kate/Venera-sama), Wixoss (Tama), Mahouka Koukou (Kasuga Nanami), Flag o Oraretara (Kurumiko), Nanana (Saki), Seven Deadly Sins (Hawk).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | autumn 2014 previews | autumn 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: Sailor Moon Crystal | Akatsuki no Yona | Amagi Brilliant Park | Coffin-Princess Chaika | Cross Ange | Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai | Danna ga Nani ga Itteru | Denkigai no Honya-san | Donten ni Warau | Fate/Stay Night UBW | Le Fruit de la Grisaia | Gugure! Kokkuri-san | Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de | Madan no Ou to Vanadis | Orenchi no Furo Jijou | Seven Deadly Sins | Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso | Shirobako | Sora no Method | Tribe Cool Crew | Trinity Seven | Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete | Wixoss
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-28, 16:33   Link #2484
yononaka
nani ni tatoemu

@Kaoru Chujo

Less explaining and more noting of the at the end of each paragraph
yononaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-28, 18:16   Link #2485
rishidan
Lackey Extraordinair

Quote:
Originally Posted by yononaka View Post

BTW, is it now certain that the game will actually come out when announced? I'm asking because for a while there it seemed to exhibit symptoms of... I'm not sure if there's a term for this, but basically being left flapping in the wind due to the franchise (esp. the DVD sales) not performing to expectations. This isn't a schadenfreude question, more of an industry observation point.
I'm not precisely sure but the term I'd use for what you're describing is "vaporware".
rishidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-28, 21:19   Link #2486
Simon
気持ち悪い

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishidan View Post
I was bidding on the below but due to the fees + S&H, I tried to save a few • and I ended up losing it. ... Whether they were pulled out of a magazine or not, I'm STILL kicking myself soooooooo hard for being an idiot!
I did exactly the same with the TV series poster - I've never seen another one since, so now my approach is "if it's worth bidding, it's worth bidding high". Although this does become problematic when your opponents have the same philosophy...

Btw, the item you mentioned was a set of production sketchs - I'm not an expert in this area, but they were probably photocopies distributed to the animators. The originals would be have been done by a senior staffer, maybe even the character designer herself, and if they ever showed up they would go for an insane amount. I've seen sketches from the game go for 40k, or about US$330.

Now you know why storyboards are the only production materials I collect!

Quote:
Wait, I thought it was already out... There's an auction (★ポスター PS2 シムーン 異薔薇戦争 SIMOUN) that's selling what looks to be the poster, game manual and leaflet. Do Japanese companies release this stuff BEFORE the actual games?
I think that's a promo leaflet, not the manual. The poster has been around for several months now - as you can see from the 11月30日 date, they were initially targeting a November release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yononaka View Post
BTW, is it now certain that the game will actually come out when announced? I'm asking because for a while there it seemed to exhibit symptoms of... I'm not sure if there's a term for this, but basically being left flapping in the wind due to the franchise (esp. the DVD sales) not performing to expectations.
There's been promotional stuff running in Comic Yuri Hime and on the DVDs all along, so I don't think the release was ever in doubt. My guess is that it's just the usual slippage - they went from November to December to January release dates, then presumably it became so embarrassing they decided to stop making predictions. The fact that they've committed to a date again makes me think they're confident of meeting it this time (famous last words?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgwtfgg View Post
Hi, I wanted to ask about the missing piano track found on the last few episodes of Simoun. ... Was wondering if anyone had any information on it or have it on any format (mp3, midi, wav)?
AFAIK it's never been released, which is a real shame. Its absence is also kind of odd, given how key it is.

It may show up as BGM on the net radio CDs - I haven't heard it there, but then I haven't listened to them end-to-end yet. Or if they release a game soundtrack we may be in luck. This is all speculation and wishful thinking though

Last edited by Simon; 2007-04-28 at 21:37.
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-28, 22:00   Link #2487
rishidan
Lackey Extraordinair

Quote:
I did exactly the same with the TV series poster - I've never seen another one since, so now my approach is "if it's worth bidding, it's worth bidding high". Although this does become problematic when your opponents have the same philosophy...
Thatís probably sound advice... I mean, Iíd already be paying the extra fees through the intermediary so what's another $25 in the long run, eh?

I know this sounds selfish but it's good to see Iím not the only one who's done this. =)

That poster was great but would have been kick ass had it included Mamiina. The second time I watched the series (something Iíve never done with other series, btw) the more I grew to love her character. It was probably her tragic ending that helped, to be quite honest.
Old 2007-04-28, 22:59   Link #2488
Veritas
The Last Visible Dog

My favorite piece of music was actually the end "Inori no Uta." Felt it captured the feel of the series better than the OP, once I tracked down the lyrics. Favorite scenes were the first half of episode 1
Spoiler for scenes that re not the first one:
Favorite Ri Maajon are all of them, but especially the Raging Sea and Iron. Favorite character is Neviril. Favorite line is "Let's go to the place where we can be free." Did that cover everything?
Old 2007-04-29, 06:27   Link #2489
omgwtfgg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon
AFAIK it's never been released, which is a real shame. Its absence is also kind of odd, given how key it is.

It may show up as BGM on the net radio CDs - I haven't heard it there, but then I haven't listened to them end-to-end yet. Or if they release a game soundtrack we may be in luck. This is all speculation and wishful thinking though
Thanks for the reply. Too bad there aren't any known plans for its release. I just hope I don't wake up in the middle of the night with a piano piece playing in my head and I can't figure out where its from
omgwtfgg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-29, 15:15   Link #2490
Wosho128
I like tinkering on stuff

Geez, I need to finish this series already. I'm at episode 12; I've only had the time to watch a few anime. The rest of the time, I have to study for these darn AP exams. I am going to finish the series once they are over though.

My favorite theme so far is "Kanashimi no Simoun Shivuyura". And my favorite scene so far is:

Spoiler for MINI-SPOILER!:

Overall, I like the series. I hope I learn more about the opposing enemies before the anime ends.
Wosho128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 05:37   Link #2491
Conri

Wow, almost 2500 posts! So, how about that 3000? Too bad for me that I haven't been around to help out...

=====
Simon! You are building Simoun resin kits?? Awesome; please show off when you finish.

Quote:
Now you know why storyboards are the only production materials I collect!
You are smart. The highest Simoun genga set thus far actually went for 51K yen in January. Similar to the set that went for 41K yen, it was also a set of shower scene sketches from the game...

Quote:
I was bidding on the below but due to the fees + S&H, I tried to save a few • and I ended up losing it.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s...etchSheets.jpg
Those look like settei/settings copies. Simon is right that they (or the copies they were copied from) were created and passed around to be used as reference for the animators. I've seen Simoun settings go for over 50K yen and under 5K yen. Original "handwritten" settings are impossibly rare. I would expect that a decent set of original Simoun settings (in terms of pages and characters/design elements represented) could go for well over 100,000 yen. Also, the number of pages would be a fraction of what you typically find in copy settei auctions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadriano View Post
I found out that this would be on the auction block on Saturday after I posted it on the AB blog. I wasn't letting anyone get in the way of me owning this.
Very nice storyboards; thank you for sharing all those pages!

=====
Spoiler for Just a few favorite scenes:
Old 2007-04-30, 23:28   Link #2492
rishidan
Lackey Extraordinair

Post Not Really a Poll, Poll

Ok, so most everyone has seen the results of the 'favorite character' poll from last year (gomen! I tried but I can't seem to locate the link) so how about a....

Favorite Couple(s) Poll!!!
(feel free to pick more than one)

a) Neviril / Amuria
b)
Neviril / Aaeru
c)
Neviril / Paraietta
d) Paraietta / Kaimu
e)
Alti / Kaimu
f)
Morinas / Wapōrif
g) Anubituf / Guragief
h) Dominura / Limone
i) Yun / Onashia
j) Rodoreamon / Mamiina

I realize that the last two may seem to be a bit of a stretch to some but they each exhibited "couples-esque" traits

Personal favs (in order):

1:
g) Anubituf / Guragief (never been an Yaoi fan but it was soooo sweet)
2:
f) Morinas / Wapōrif (How could you not cheer for Wapōrif??)
3: b) Neviril / Aaeru (the ending tango was touching enough to nudge them into 3rd place)
4:
h) Dominura / Limone (The ep. 26 pair)

Last edited by rishidan; 2007-04-30 at 23:53. Reason: b/c Futaba-chan is right (re-worded the 'stretch' bit
Old 2007-04-30, 23:46   Link #2493
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Send a message via AIM to Futaba-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Futaba-chan
Quote:

i) Yun / Onashia
j) Rodoreamon / Mamiina

I realize that the last two may seem to be a bit of a stretch
Mami x Rodore a stretch? Have we been watching the same series? :-)

My favourites: j, g, f
Old 2007-04-30, 23:49   Link #2494
rishidan
Lackey Extraordinair

Re: Paraietta & Rodoreamon in the final ep.

Spoiler for Another Couple?:

Spoiler for Wait a sec...:

So... am I just that dense or what?
Old 2007-05-01, 01:44   Link #2495
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Quote:
Favorite Couple(s) Poll!!!
We did this last year on the mailing list. The results:
Spoiler for poll results:
Old 2007-05-01, 05:10   Link #2496
Conri

While I like a number of those couples, j is hands down my favorite.

Quote:
Spoiler for Wait a sec...:
So... am I just that dense or what?
If you're dense, so am I. However, I think Alti/Kaimu is more from their earlier episodes angst...in 26, I thought they were long past and over that. These two episode 26 based couples you mention, are more like wild guesses/wishes. Though, everyone sees everything differently.

Quote:
Ok, so most everyone has seen the results of the 'favorite character' poll from last year (gomen! I tried but I can't seem to locate the link) so how about a....
Are you talking about these?
http://character.biglobe.ne.jp/speci...oun/ninki.html
http://character.biglobe.ne.jp/speci...02/form01.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futaba-chan View Post
Aaeru x a clue: 1
Simoun x Region 1: 1
These two are...quite sexy.
Old 2007-05-01, 07:58   Link #2497
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Initially Aaeru x Neviril was very much my favourite couple but after some rewatching Rodore x Mamiina managed to somehow occupy the first place in that list. But it's a very close race, Morinas x Wapourif has been growing on me, too, and there are also other great options to pick from.

And I don't really recall Alti x Kaimu to be commonly agreed, at least in this thread. Personally, I don't agree with the notion they end up as a couple in the end.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 08:11   Link #2498
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
And I don't really recall Alti x Kaimu to be commonly agreed, at least in this thread. Personally, I don't agree with the notion they end up as a couple in the end.
They don't -- they just move back in to their parents' house and get over their differences.
Old 2007-05-01, 10:20   Link #2499
Kaoru Chujo
Kuno Misaki

Irresistible.

b) Neviril / Aaeru ("We are completely different, but alike in one thing." More than one.)
j) Rodoreamon / Mamiina (Ojou-sama and the servant girl)
f) Morinas / Wapōrif (Simoun otaku)
h) Dominura / Limone (Dominura's world shaken by Limone's bizarre experiment in the hallway)
g) Anubituf / Guragief (complete trust)

And they're not my favorite, but maybe the director intended us to wonder if KaimuxAlti might not really be a couple, in the end. Not clear, but possibly.
Kuno Misaki 久野美咲 age 21. 2009 - King of Thorn (Alie). 2010 - Oreimo (Bridget). 2012 - Black Rock Shooter (Hiro). 2013 - Problem children (Melln). Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS (Mimi), Log Horizon (Serara), Galilei Donna (Grande Rosso). 2014 - Noragami (Keiichi), Escha and Logy (Kuu), Zvezda Plot (Hoshimiya Kate/Venera-sama), Wixoss (Tama), Mahouka Koukou (Kasuga Nanami), Flag o Oraretara (Kurumiko), Nanana (Saki), Seven Deadly Sins (Hawk).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | autumn 2014 previews | autumn 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: Sailor Moon Crystal | Akatsuki no Yona | Amagi Brilliant Park | Coffin-Princess Chaika | Cross Ange | Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai | Danna ga Nani ga Itteru | Denkigai no Honya-san | Donten ni Warau | Fate/Stay Night UBW | Le Fruit de la Grisaia | Gugure! Kokkuri-san | Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de | Madan no Ou to Vanadis | Orenchi no Furo Jijou | Seven Deadly Sins | Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso | Shirobako | Sora no Method | Tribe Cool Crew | Trinity Seven | Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete | Wixoss
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 10:29   Link #2500
Seska

Well, for me. Limone awakens the Mother instincts in Dominura... Well if you can say that. She is still not going to the spring...
and Kaimu and Alti finally accept each other like Sisters should do.
Seska is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, science fiction, yuri