AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-05-23, 16:56   Link #421
Jadawin1998

biggest problem for me atm is only up to ep.3 is subed and its driving me nuts wtb jap lessons
Jadawin1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-24, 00:00   Link #422
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Send a message via AIM to Futaba-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Futaba-chan
Relationship map

Spoiler for episode 8:
Old 2006-05-24, 00:15   Link #423
Simon
気持ち悪い

Laughing too hard... Can't breathe...

Futaba-chan, that's pure brilliance
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-24, 00:45   Link #424
Kaoru Chujo
Kuno Misaki

Ab.so.lute.ly fabulous.

Spoiler for ep8:
Kuno Misaki 久野美咲 age 21. 2009 - King of Thorn (Alie). 2010 - Oreimo (Bridget). 2012 - Black Rock Shooter (Hiro). 2013 - Problem children (Melln). Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS (Mimi), Log Horizon (Serara), Galilei Donna (Grande Rosso). 2014 - Noragami (Keiichi), Escha and Logy (Kuu), Zvezda Plot (Hoshimiya Kate/Venera-sama), Wixoss (Tama), Mahouka Koukou (Kasuga Nanami), Flag o Oraretara (Kurumiko), Nanana (Saki), Seven Deadly Sins (Hawk).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | autumn 2014 previews | autumn 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: Sailor Moon Crystal | Akatsuki no Yona | Amagi Brilliant Park | Coffin-Princess Chaika | Cross Ange | Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai | Danna ga Nani ga Itteru | Denkigai no Honya-san | Donten ni Warau | Fate/Stay Night UBW | Le Fruit de la Grisaia | Gugure! Kokkuri-san | Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de | Madan no Ou to Vanadis | Orenchi no Furo Jijou | Seven Deadly Sins | Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso | Shirobako | Sora no Method | Tribe Cool Crew | Trinity Seven | Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete | Wixoss
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-24, 02:49   Link #425
Simon
気持ち悪い

I've just noticed a new Simoun AMV on YouTube - it's called Memories, it's all about Neviril, and it's really quite lovely...
Old 2006-05-24, 05:08   Link #426
Yui from Okinawa

Send a message via Yahoo to Yui from Okinawa
Truth of the peace conference, and consideration of the actual condition

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Yui from Okinawa; 2006-05-27 at 02:41. Reason: TOO LONG
Yui from Okinawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-24, 09:13   Link #427
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Hilarious relationship map, indeed.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-24, 09:56   Link #428
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
Eri/Erif seemed (to me, anyway) feminine but hadn't decided even as she entered the pool, and the high priestess decided to make her male.
I wonder if that isn't just the default that anyone who shows up without a strong, clear determination to remain female would get. Guragief mentions in episode 2 that they've had to reserve public service jobs and some other occupations for men as an incentive to get enough people to choose male to wind up with an even gender balance. Since they have to prod people into being male due to a shortage of males, I'd guess that undecided people would be pushed into being male.

Quote:
This is the first time I've really thought about this question, and even tried to apply it to myself (thoughts which I will not share, lol). What a great show, to give us this tool for thinking about gender.
That was one of the things that first attracted me to the series; I'm glad that it's proven to be excellent.

Quote:
In any case, maybe a person's apparent masculinity or femininity is not the key.
I love that the series has a sufficiently nuanced understanding of the issues surrounding gender identity that butch/femme is correctly treated as a separate axis from male/female. I love that they have people wrestle with their gender, and sometimes even make bad choices. I love that the bad guys are the bad guys not just because of the usual peace and environmentalism reasons, but also because they impose non-consensual gender identity on their citizens.
Old 2006-05-24, 13:03   Link #429
Kaoru Chujo
Kuno Misaki

Futaba-chan:
Good point that male-change may be the default, in order to raise numbers of the less-desired gender. And other good points.

Simon:
Thanks for the link to that great video. It's nice to see that people who don't post here (I guess) also love and understand this show. I also enjoyed the Ishikawa Chiaki PV of the OP, which I hadn't seen before.

Yui:
Thanks again for great info. And thanks for adding the Japanese. It sometimes helps to have it for reference.

The more I watch ep8, the more I like it (if that's possible).
Spoiler for ep8:
Kuno Misaki 久野美咲 age 21. 2009 - King of Thorn (Alie). 2010 - Oreimo (Bridget). 2012 - Black Rock Shooter (Hiro). 2013 - Problem children (Melln). Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS (Mimi), Log Horizon (Serara), Galilei Donna (Grande Rosso). 2014 - Noragami (Keiichi), Escha and Logy (Kuu), Zvezda Plot (Hoshimiya Kate/Venera-sama), Wixoss (Tama), Mahouka Koukou (Kasuga Nanami), Flag o Oraretara (Kurumiko), Nanana (Saki), Seven Deadly Sins (Hawk).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | autumn 2014 previews | autumn 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: Sailor Moon Crystal | Akatsuki no Yona | Amagi Brilliant Park | Coffin-Princess Chaika | Cross Ange | Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai | Danna ga Nani ga Itteru | Denkigai no Honya-san | Donten ni Warau | Fate/Stay Night UBW | Le Fruit de la Grisaia | Gugure! Kokkuri-san | Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de | Madan no Ou to Vanadis | Orenchi no Furo Jijou | Seven Deadly Sins | Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso | Shirobako | Sora no Method | Tribe Cool Crew | Trinity Seven | Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete | Wixoss

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-05-24 at 14:22.
Old 2006-05-24, 17:19   Link #430
atua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futaba-chan
Guragief mentions in episode 2 that they've had to reserve public service jobs and some other occupations for men as an incentive to get enough people to choose male to wind up with an even gender balance. Since they have to prod people into being male due to a shortage of males, I'd guess that undecided people would be pushed into being male.
I've personally speculated that something like this is going on; that part of the reason that Simulacrum is so gender stratified is to prevent the host of social-economic/reproduction-population issues that a heavily gender imbalanced society would cause, thus certain "incentives" have to be provided to motivate people to choose to be male.

But where in ep 2 does Guragief actually say this about reserving public service jobs based on gender as an incentive? Or is this something that you felt was implied? I had a quick look through my Simoun 2 sub, and can't see where this was mentioned, so a time or scene would be really helpful.
atua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-24, 20:55   Link #431
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Quote:
Originally Posted by atua
But where in ep 2 does Guragief actually say this about reserving public service jobs based on gender as an incentive?
Oh! No, now that you mention it, he doesn't -- I was remembering Eri saying that on the train as she was mulling over what to do at the Spring. She had always leaned female, but choosing female would restrict what she might do for a profession after leaving the Sibylla....
Old 2006-05-25, 07:56   Link #432
Simon
気持ち悪い

Quote:
Spoiler for ep8:
Spoiler:

Quote:
I love that the series has a sufficiently nuanced understanding of the issues surrounding gender identity that butch/femme is correctly treated as a separate axis from male/female.
I agree, and I'm also pleased it doesn't make the even clumsier mistake of mixing up gender identity and sexual orientation (somethat that really irritates me in RL).

On a slightly less serious note, I wonder where the characters fit on the Aristasian blonde/brunette axis?

Last edited by Simon; 2006-05-25 at 08:12.
Old 2006-05-25, 08:45   Link #433
Yui from Okinawa

Consideration about Argentum

アルゲントゥム礁国に関する考察
Consideration about Argentum

国民の実態
The Argentum people's condition

4話において、アーエルらと対峙する、アルゲントゥム航空兵の生き残りの独白や、病死までの回想及び描写よ り、この国の実情がある程度推測できる。
In Episode 4, the actual condition of this country can guess to some extent from the monologue of the Argentum airman who takes a stand against Aael and others of survival, the recollection to a death due to sickness, and depiction.

国民は生まれると直ぐに、大半の国民が、「兵隊」又は「工場生産員」に適したる男性(大半)と、少数の「子 供を産む女性」へと国家管理局が選別し性別を固定化する。そこには、実際には テンプスパティウムの意向が反映されるとはいえ、一応個人の自由意志も尊重される、「性別選択の自由」は存 在しない。
If people are born, immediately, most people are suitable for a "soldier" or
a "factory mass-production worker", and a state control office sorts out them to a slack male (most) and a small number of "woman who bears a child", and they fix sex. There, it is . Temps-spatium although an intention is reflected, "the freedom of sex selection" in which individual free will is also respected once does not exist.

また化学工業により産み出された薬品(アンドロゲンなどのホルモン剤と推測される)を使って、性別を国家が 強制的に決めることから、国民の自由もかなり制限されているよにうに見える。
Moreover, since a state determines "sex or jender compulsorily " using the medicine (=hormone drugs, such as the androgen, are conjectured)  brought forth by the chemical industry, national freedom is also visible to restricted considerably.

工業に国力の大半を注いだ為、国民の福祉や、健康は公害病で蝕まれ、4話で登場した敗残兵も喀血(かっけつ )をしていたところをみると、スモッグで肺を蝕まれていたようだ。総じて、全体主義的国家統制(旧ソビエト 連邦やナチスドイツ)のような軍国主義国家のように思われる。
They are also the remnants of a defeated army who national welfare and health were spoiled by the pollution-related illness since the great portion of national power was directed towards industry, and appeared in four talks." Hemoptysis = 喀血 (ka-kketsu)" It seems that lungs will be spoiled with smog if the place which was being carried out is seen. It seems to be a militarism state generally like totalitarianism national control.
(Soviet Union”U.S.S.R.” and Nazis.)

なお、最近の作品で似た傾向の作品を探すと、実写ではあるが、桐谷監督の2004年の実写映画「CASSH ERN」において全体主義的独裁国家「大亜細亜連邦」の公害病の描写などを想起させる。
(特に冒頭の本国での司令官らしき人物との会話のシーンの絵等、上記作品の冒頭、東博士と日興ハイラル社の 社員「内藤」の公害病の会話の内容、構図や赤い色彩も含めてそのままである。)
In addition, although it is an Live-movie-film the work of the tendency which was alike with the latest work is looked for, in the documentary film in 2004 of Director Kiriya's "CASSHERN ", depiction of the pollution-related illness of a totalitarianism-despotic state "The Great Asia-Federation" etc. is reminded.
(The beginning of the above-mentioned works, such as a picture of the scene of conversation with the person in character with especially the commander in native Argentum nation of the beginning, very resemble to - The scene of Dr.Azuma and "Nikko-Hairal inc." = "日興ハイラル社" an employee's "Mr.Naito"'s contents, composition, it comes out as it is also including conversation contents "pollution-related illness" and red color of Haiar ...)

Simoun Episode 4 "The Argentum mainland."

"CASSHERN " depiction of the pollution-related illness of a totalitarianism-despotic state "The Great Asia-Federation"

宮国侵攻に至る経緯の推察
The guess of circumstances which results in the Simulacrum invasion

礁国は、我々の星系で言う、いわゆる「産業革命」を得た後、相乗効果による科学技術の急速な発展に伴い、更 なる技術の向上と生産性拡大をみたものと思われる。
Argentum Shou(coral) nation after obtaining the so-called "Industrial Revolution" said by our star system, it is thought with rapid development of the technology by the synergistic effect that improvement and productivity expansion of the further technology were seen.

富国強兵の為に、労働力の確保と向上が必要となったとき、いわゆる「産めよ増やせよ」の原理で、強力な独裁 者の下で人口の増大に努めた結果、地方(農村・漁村)において(長女除く)次女~七女までの大家族制度が定 着し、国家的にみて、大量の余剰人員が出たのかもしれない。
The time of the reservation and improvement in the labor force being needed for the wealth and military strength of a country -- being the so-called ( "Bear babies, increase population !) "Increase and multiply, fill the sky-land and subdue it " =「産めよ増やせよ」 the result of having strove for increase of population under the powerful dictator by the principle a district (the farm village and the fishing village) setting extended family systems, second daughter such as the seventh daughter (the Eldest daughter preserved as Family-system successer) are established, it sees nationwide, and possibly a lot of excess personnel came out.

しかしながら、急激な工業大国化により、それが国家的な危機を生じるほどの環境汚染の被害を拡大させてしま う。 国策として環境の改善が急務となるが、環境改善や、保護技術の確立は容易ではなく、また時間的な猶予も無く 、工場等の操業の縮小や停止が起きて、そこで余った労働力が未知の技術獲得の為の宮国侵攻に投 入される。
However, it will make the damage of environmental pollution to the extent that a national crisis is produced expand by rapid industrial power-ization. Although an improvement of environment serves as pressing need as a national policy, there is also no time postponement easily, reduction and a stop of operation, such as a factory, occur, and an environmental improvement and establishment of protection technology are supplied to " the Simulacrum invasion " for the technical acquisition with the strange labor force which remained there.

しかし、宮国侵攻のための大量の兵士や渡洋爆撃(*1) をする為に必要な大量の航空機を製造する為の工場労働員等を考えた時、肉体的に女性の骨格では筋力や生理な どの面で、いかにも効率が悪い。
But, when the factory labor member for manufacturing a lot of dragon-fly fighter or othher airplanes required in order to carry out a lot of soldier for "the Simulacrum invasion" and "The
Over-Sea bombing " (*1 ) is considered, efficiency is truly physically bad by the female-frame in respect of muscular power, physiology, etc.

*(海からの侵攻も不可能では無いが、海岸線から、宮国本国までは上陸後、更に険しい山脈を越えなければな らないため、武装化したシムーンの反撃に遭遇することが予想され、現実的ではない)
* If the invasion from the sea is also impossible, there is nothing, but in order to have to cross a still steeper mountain range from the coastline after landing up to the the Simulacrum nation's mainland , encountering the counterattack of militarized Shmoun is expected and it is not realistic.

そのため、医学と遺伝学、生物学(化学)を総動員し、「優生学理論」に基づき、薬剤(ホルモン剤)と外科手 術による、子宮・卵巣切除などの女性器官削除により、国家の管理局が「性別を判ずる技術」を獲 得。
Therefore, medicine, genetics, and biology (chemistry) are mobilized fully and the national Administration Bureau acquires "the technology of judging sex" based on " eugenics theory"
by aphrodisiacal tennis court official deletion of the womb, ovary excision, etc. by the medicine (hormone drug) and the surgical operation.

改めて産児制限を行い、長年に渡り温めていた宮国への侵攻計画ほか軍事計画のために、かなりの数の女児を男 児に改造手術し、幼年期から兵員又は工場労働者として養育する。
Birth control is practiced anew, for a military plan besides the invasion plan to the Simulacrum warmed over many years, a reconstruction operation is undergone at a boy and most number of girls are brought up as personnel or a factory worker from an infancy term.

性転換させられた者には生殖能力は無いが、改造男性は使い潰しの兵士で、家庭を持つ前に大半が戦死している ために、これといった問題は起きていない。
"He" the person who was made to convert a sex to male doesn't have a reproductive capacity but because-- the reorganization man is the soldier of the use crush and most of all were killed in the war before having a family (wife or daughters) of "the problems such as this " don't occur.

性別の判別技術を持つこと自体が軍事機密で極秘事項、最前線の兵員は、自分が果たして男性として「製造」さ れたのか、改造された女児だったのかは知らない。
The numarous number of "Argentum soldiers in the forefront" didn't know the secret of "Orijinally, they were girls !!"
They have never recognize Whether they were the girl whom converted male or have been " real " manufactured " as the Pseudo-Boy (Lately they grown as the" Guy...") because of the military affairs national top-secret matter itself which has the sex and gender re-assignment or distinction technology.

第4話「近い戦争」に於ける、宮国内に潜伏していた礁国兵士の考察
Consideration of the Argentum soldier who was hiding out in the Simulacrum Episode 4th "Nearby war"

上記エピソードにおいて、 宮国内に潜伏していた アルゲントゥム礁国の兵士について考察してみた。何故、宮国領土内に潜伏していたかについて、以下の理由が 考えられる。
In epiode 4, Simulacrum Argentum soldier was hiding out inside. Argentum soldier was considered. The following reasons can be considered about why it was hiding out in the Simulacrum land.

仮説1 宮国内に 礁国の飛行機械で侵攻した際、撃墜又は被弾、(*2)もしくは機体の故障などの何らかの理由に よって
Hypothesis 1
When he invades to the Simulacrum mainland by side Argentum "Dragon-fly" fighter, they are some reasons of failure of shooting down, a cartridge-ed, or the body etc. (*2)

飛行部隊とはぐれ、宮国領土内にパラシュートその他の脱出装置で降下又は不時着した結果、機体を失ったが、 本国への忠誠心を失わず孤立しながらも、シムーン奪取の機会を伺っていた。
As a result of getting separated from "the flight unit" and descending or crash-landing with the escape equipment of a parachute and others in the Simulacrum nation ground, the body was lost, but though the loyalty to its native country was not lost but it was isolated, it was hearing about the opportunity of Shimoun capture.

<参考外部リンク>
< Reference external link >

横井 庄一 / Yokoi Shoichi (sergeant)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoichi_Yokoi ,
小野田 寛郎 / Onoda Hiro-ou (second lieutenant) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiroo_Onoda

仮説2. 初めから ヘリカル・モートリスの技術を持ち帰ろうと、 礁国から潜入した工作員で、手っ取り早い手段として シムーンを持ち帰ろうとして潜入した。
Hypothesis 2.
From the start "Helical- Mortris" if I will bring technology home Argentum from as a means quick at the agent who infiltrated Shmoun it was going to bring home and infiltrated.

飛行船から降下侵入した降下兵で、近くの 聖廟を襲撃して シムーンを乗っ取ろうとしたが本隊とはぐれた、または本隊が壊滅した。
At the descent soldier who did descent invasion from the airship, it is near. Mausoleum of saint-shrine it attacks. Shmoun Although it was going to capture, it got separated from his corps or this corps destroyed completely.

しかし、 アーエル達が遭遇した時点で,重い病を患っており、本篇中に於いて病死したこと、単独で整った装備も無かっ たこと、正確な年齢は明らかでないものの兵士としては高齢であったことなどを考えると2の説は 採りがたい。
However, when Aael and Rimone he has trouble with its critical illness and considers having died of an illness in this editing, that there was also no independently ready equipment, that exact age was advanced age as a soldier of a not clear thing, etc., when it encounters Opinion of 2 It is hard to take.

一方、不時着したパイロットにしては、大型の狙撃銃を持っていたのは不自然ではある。しかし、宮国内におい て民間人や兵士などから奪取した可能性や、義烈空挺隊 (義号作戦)の如く、敵陣に不時着後は歩兵となってゲリラ戦に移行することを予め予定して、機体内に装備し ていた可能性も予想されるので1の説の可能性が比較的強いといえる。
It is unnatural to, have had a sniping gun large-sized for a pilot who crash-landed on the other hand. however, a possibility of having wrested from the civilian, the soldier, etc. in the Simulacrum inside and as like " 義烈空挺隊=Giretsu heroic special air-bone force" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giretsu...ces_operations (義号作戦=Gigou strategy operation) likesince a possibility of having planned beforehand becoming a foot soldier and shifting to bushfighting after crash-landing on the enemy's line, and having equipped in the body is also expected Opinion of 1 It can be said that possibility is comparatively strong.

また、シムーンの奪取時における計画性の無さ
Moreover, a lack of the planning at the time of capture of Simoun.

工作員として必要な敵国語である、宮国語を習得していない
The Simulacrum-language which is enemy nation's language required as an agent is not mastered.

おとり(デコイ)として製作した擬装シムーンの粗末さ
Carelessness poor quality of camouflage Simoun manufactured as a lure (decoy)

通信手段の貧弱さ
Poorness of a communication means

潜伏場所の地理選定における、思慮の欠如
Lack of thought in geography selection of an incubation place

服装が礁国兵士のものであることからみても、潜入工作員としての線は考え難い。
Even if it sees that uniform belongs to a Argentum Flight jaclet for air combat soldier, it is hard to consider the line as an infiltration agent.

宮国の情報管理がどの程度のものなのか窺うことは出来ないが、シヴュラでないと起動出来ないことすら知らな かった (*3)ことからみても、2の説を採るのは無理がある。
Although it could not hear about what thing information management of 宮国 is, it did not even know that it could not start unless it is Sibyllas. In view of (*3) thing, it is the opinion of 2. Taking is impossible.

さらに、なんらかの手段でシムーンを飛ばせる事が出来たとして、アルゲントゥム礁国は海の向こうであり、宮 国内に侵攻する航空部隊との無線機又はその他の通信手段も無い状態では、本隊に合流できる可能性はほとんど ない。
Furthermore, it is "Argentum shou(礁=coral) nation " noting that Simoun is able to be flown with a certain means. It is the marine other side and there is almost no possibility that this party can be joined in the state where there are not a walkie-talkie with the flying corps who invades in Miya, or other communication means, either.

考えられる他の方法は、プルンブム嶺国や、宮国の存在する大陸近辺の他の国に亡命者等を装ってシムーンを持 ち込めば、手土産代わりの身の安全を得ることも可能だが
Other methods considered and Plumbum ridge nation If Simoun is carried into other nations of the continent neighborhood where the Simulacrum exists pretending to be a political refugee etc., it is also possible to obtain the safety of the body instead of a gift.

前者の場合は、いずれ宮国と和平を結ぶ時点で交渉の邪魔になるため身柄を宮国側に引き渡されるか処刑される 結果になったかもしれず(それが結果として、和平交渉を装った自爆テロだとしても)
Since in the case of the former it became the obstacle of negotiation when connecting peace to "the Simulacrum nation" someday, possibly whether it is handed over at a the Simulacrum side brought a result executed in the person.
(Even if the Plumbum ridge nation planned the suicidal-explosion terrorism under pretense of peace negotiations as a result.)

後者の場合でも、亡命先の国の政府のよほどの好意が無い限り、機体の没収は免れず、仮に彼の所在が闇の内に 葬られず、礁国本国に覚知させる事に成功したとしても、シムーンの技術を部分的にでも礁国本国に持ち帰れる かどうかは、両国の交渉の結果に委ねられる事になったであろう。
Even if it succeeds in not escaping, and his life and whereabouts not being temporarily buried in the inside of darkness(executed), but making Argentum main land perceive confiscation of the body also in the case of the latter, as long as there is no much courtesy of the government of the nation of an exile place, it will be left to the result of negotiation of both countries in the technology of Simoun whether it can bring that it is also partial back to Argentum main land.

(海洋を隔てて距離がある分だけ、礁国側の外交は上記仮定の相手国に対して不利である。)
(Only the part of the diplomacy by the side of Argentum main land which separates the ocean and has distance is disadvantageous to the partner nation of the above-mentioned assumption.)

*1:Attack the mainland of the enemy nation with a long-range bomber etc. between the states which separated the ocean.

*2 Since the flight machine of Argentum tends to explode, the possibility of an emergency landing become one shot-exploded and according to shooting down or a cartridge-ed is low infinite.

*3 It is common sense to be selected on the assumption that acquisition of exact observation capability and inference capability was put on like other capability in a daily training process, if it was the agent who deserves infiltration in an enemy nation mainland.

Last edited by Yui from Okinawa; 2006-05-27 at 07:40.
Old 2006-05-26, 10:29   Link #434
Yui from Okinawa

The relation between the class system in "The Simulacrum nation "

Spoiler:

Last edited by Yui from Okinawa; 2006-05-27 at 03:47. Reason: too long
Old 2006-05-26, 10:45   Link #435
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui from Okinawa
Spoiler for episode 8:
Spoiler for episode 8:

Quote:
Spoiler for episodes 7 and 8:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-05-26, 10:51   Link #436
Yui from Okinawa

"Simoun" music O.S.T 01 sub-titles (Japanese)

Simoun orijinal-sound track 01

Composed by : Toshihiko - Sahashi ( 佐橋 俊彦 )

01. opening theme
02. 妖艶なる絆の響き
03. 女性国家 第一楽章:旧人類
04. 女性国家 第二楽章:男性社会の崩壊と排除
05. 女性国家 第三楽章:新たな種の保存と変化
06. 女性国家 第四楽章:女性国家確立
07. 微かなる恋の心
08. 旅立ちの予感
09. 翼とツバサ
10. 特別な未来の為に…
11. 哀しみのシムーン・シヴュラ
12. そのままで…
13. 泉の波動
14. 約束
15. 美しき巫女の涙
16. 疑念と真実
17. 黒い陰
18. 大空のアウリーガ
19. 慟哭コール・テンペスト
20. 空中要塞
21. 静かなる祈りの声
22. 田園
23. 空よ風よ輝きの大地よ
24. ending theme

Translations subtitle

01. Opening Theme
02. Sound of fascinating bonds
03. Female state The first movement:    -- Homo sapiens neanderthalensis--
04. Female state The second movement: -- Collapse of male society, and exclusion--
05. Female state The third movement:   -- Preservation and change of a new species--
06. Female state The fourth movement:   --Female state establishment--
07. The heart of faint love
08. Premonition of departure
09. Wings and TSUBASA
10. To the special future sake
11. Pathos -- Shimoun Sibylla---
12. Stay as you as it is......
13. Wave motion of the spring
14. Promise
15. A beautiful shrine maiden's tear
16. Truth and doubt
17. Black shade
18. AURIGA of the great sky
19. Wail, The choir Tempest
20. Air Fortress
21. The voice of a quiet prayer
22. A Country
23. The sky, the wind of .... the brightness ground(Earth)...
(c.f: JOHANN SEBASTIAN BACH " Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring ", BWV.147)
24. Ending theme

Last edited by Yui from Okinawa; 2006-05-27 at 07:54.
Old 2006-05-26, 12:40   Link #437
Kaoru Chujo
Kuno Misaki

Okay, I know this is crazy, but I liked ep8 so much that I made a subtitle file for it, for my own pleasure and practice, and hoping a few other people might find it entertaining. A few minor inaccuracies may remain. Suggestions welcome. The translation dances the border between literal and loose. I consulted a Chinese sub, but didn't always follow it.

Simoun 08 subtitles

Warning: for maximum impact, don't view this episode until you've seen the previous episodes (most of which are not yet subbed).

(Save the link, which is an .ass subtitle file. Then you can open it from the file menu of Media Player Classic when you're watching a raw. Or else rename it to the same name as your raw, except for the file extension, and put it in the same folder, and your media player should pick it up automatically.)

NOTE: I claim no copyright in the file, so anyone is welcome to use it and the translation in any way they like, attributed or unattributed.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-05-26 at 17:05.
Old 2006-05-26, 12:53   Link #438
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Quote:
Okay, I know this is crazy, but I liked ep8 so much that I made a subtitle file for it
Here's an even crazier thought: do we collectively have the skills needed to produce an actual fansub?
Old 2006-05-26, 13:00   Link #439
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
Okay, I know this is crazy, but I liked ep8 so much that I made a subtitle file for it, for my own pleasure and practice, and hoping a few other people might find it entertaining.
Thank you!

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-26, 13:51   Link #440
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Quote:
Here's an even crazier thought: do we collectively have the skills needed to produce an actual fansub?
Hmm. Looking at the subtitle file, I'd guess that the answer would be "yes." Otsukare-sama! I'm impressed....

(And that may give me enough of a head start this weekend to get my usual synopsis out, even with going to Anime North.)

Tags
drama, science fiction, yuri