AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-05-30, 16:00   Link #481
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Send a message via AIM to Futaba-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Futaba-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy
Spoiler for episode 9:
Spoiler for episode 9:
Futaba-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-30, 16:16   Link #482
Kaoru Chujo
Komatsu Mikako

There's one Japanese phrase in ep7 and ep8 that I loved so much I wanted to talk about it. When Neviriru (sorry, I just can't give her a man's name, Neville)...
Spoiler for ep7, ep 8:
I do want to praise Takahashi Rieko for the grandeur and mellifluous perfection of her portrayal of Neviriru in episode 8.
Komatsu Mikako 小松未可子 b88.11.11 (age 26). 2010: Heroman (Joey). 2011: Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal (Mizuki Kotori). 2012: Bodacious Space Pirates (Kato Marika), K (Neko). 2013: Sunday Without God (Ulla Hecmatika), Nagi no Asukara (Miuna). 2014: Soul Eater Not (Eternal Feather), Aldnoah Zero (Inko), Ao Haru Ride (Shuuko), Nisekoi (Seishirou). 2015: Junketsu no Maria (Priapos), Gangsta (Ginger), Aoharu x Kikanjuu (Hotaru), Ushio to Tora (Asako), Danchigai (Yayoi).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2015 anime previews - schedule
character/seiyuu pages: Hibike! Euphonium | Akagami no Shirayukihime | Aoharu x Kikanjuu | Charlotte | Dandelion | Gangsta | Gatchaman | GATE | Im@s Cinderella | Jitsu wa Watashi wa... | Non Non Biyori | Overlord | Rokka no Yuusha | Simoneta | Sore ga Seiyuu | Working!!!
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-30, 16:38   Link #483
Seska

Well, sorry if i dont understand Nippon/Japan speech.

But, what i can say. And what i see with my heart (yes, if i dont understand language. My feelings helps me out)

This Anime, has Life (like i saw in a Chibli interview)

or in my words...

This Anime has now a soul....

Ok, Ep 01 is a bit hard. But i think they used it to catch the viewers. and with the slow build up (ep 02-08) this series, gives birth to his/her soul.

I'm falling in love with this serie. and there are many episodes left. No rush in action, no ruch in other things. they found what today fast produced animes (i know budget), lost. Hearth and feelings and more importent, soul.

They take the time, to explain the Backgrounds...
The force behind the War (ep 08), they give the enemys a face with feelings (ep 04?).
And for the most part, Nevilies speech in Ep 09 (i used Wrex animes blog to get the gist of it).

Mfg,
Seska

p.s. perhaps im a old school animefan....(Nausicaa, Laputa)
and dont be surprised. im not a woman...
Seska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-30, 16:45   Link #484
Kaoru Chujo
Komatsu Mikako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seska
Well, sorry if i dont understand Nippon/Japan speech....
Now you make me feel embarrassed. I wasn't trying to make anyone feel bad, just to share my enthusiasm. As you did so well in your beautiful and true post. Entschuldigen sie, bitte, das ich deutsch nicht mehr verstehe -- lol.
Komatsu Mikako 小松未可子 b88.11.11 (age 26). 2010: Heroman (Joey). 2011: Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal (Mizuki Kotori). 2012: Bodacious Space Pirates (Kato Marika), K (Neko). 2013: Sunday Without God (Ulla Hecmatika), Nagi no Asukara (Miuna). 2014: Soul Eater Not (Eternal Feather), Aldnoah Zero (Inko), Ao Haru Ride (Shuuko), Nisekoi (Seishirou). 2015: Junketsu no Maria (Priapos), Gangsta (Ginger), Aoharu x Kikanjuu (Hotaru), Ushio to Tora (Asako), Danchigai (Yayoi).
character/seiyuu pages: Hibike! Euphonium | Akagami no Shirayukihime | Aoharu x Kikanjuu | Charlotte | Dandelion | Gangsta | Gatchaman | GATE | Im@s Cinderella | Jitsu wa Watashi wa... | Non Non Biyori | Overlord | Rokka no Yuusha | Simoneta | Sore ga Seiyuu | Working!!!

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-05-30 at 16:56.
Old 2006-05-30, 16:48   Link #485
Seska

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
Now you make me feel embarrassed. I wasn't trying to make anyone feel bad, just to share my enthusiasm.
No no, im very happy, of this thread. Share good memorys, Quotes and other things, with friends.

Im very happy, that i meat everyone here.

edit: and actually, your German are very good.

Mfg,
Seska
Seska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-30, 17:16   Link #486
m000m000

Man, the art quality and consistency sure took a nosedive this episode. Well, it's a Studio Deen series, so I guess that's to be expected .
A great pity though, because it was a very good episode. Absolutley loved Neville in front of the whatever-council, but the art was seriously spoiling the mood for me :/

In other news, looks like the plot is finally kicking in. I was pretty set on the series being a rather straightforward "through the fire trials" -type run (well, it probably still will be), but the poiltics-ing sure brings some much-needed spice into the show.

Also, Dominura just became a whole lot more appealing character in my eyes.
m000m000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-30, 17:29   Link #487
wrex_japan

Quote:
There's one Japanese phrase in ep7 and ep8 that I loved so much I wanted to talk about it. When Neviriru (sorry, I just can't give her a man's name, Neville)...
Spoiler for ep7, ep 8:
I do want to praise Takahashi Rieko for the grandeur and mellifluous perfection of her portrayal of Neviriru in episode 8.
Though that was quite a literal translation, I guess it best translates as "You and I are totally different in every possible way." I also thought the voice acting was done quite well in that scene. I really liked the command and strength in her voice in the end as the character of Nevril made her resolve. Aeru's (don't know her seiyuu's name) understated emotional response was well done as well, I thought. I watched that scene several times because it was so powerful.
wrex_japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-30, 17:54   Link #488
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Quote:
Originally Posted by m000m000
Man, the art quality and consistency sure took a nosedive this episode.
Sadly, the sakuga have been wildly inconsistent for most of the run so far. There was one scene last week that really stuck out where the outlines of Dominura's face were just horrible. I hope they go back and sakkan some of the low points for the DVD release....

OTOH, the sunset Ri Maajon scenes were very pretty.
Old 2006-05-30, 17:55   Link #489
Yui from Okinawa

Send a message via Yahoo to Yui from Okinawa
Oh, I recordong miss Episode9 at the my HDD recorder on air hour-miss (moved!)

Now I seek Bittorrent RAW Episode-9 at net serch Engine!!!

"eien.cg" has you log in requiered ??
English login name and password OK??
Yui from Okinawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-30, 18:55   Link #490
Kaoru Chujo
Komatsu Mikako

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrex_japan
Though that was quite a literal translation, I guess it best translates as "You and I are totally different in every possible way." I also thought the voice acting was done quite well in that scene. I really liked the command and strength in her voice in the end as the character of Nevril made her resolve. Aeru's (don't know her seiyuu's name) understated emotional response was well done as well, I thought. I watched that scene several times because it was so powerful.
Nice translation. And of course I agree with you completely about that scene. Aaeru's seiyuu is Niino Michi 新野美知, who appears to have some stage experience, from a site I saw.

I know what people mean about the sakuga consistency. Even Neviriru's appearance seems to slide on and off model. Which is natural, considering how many different staff they seem to use. The key animation supervisor (sakuga kantoku) this week did it on episode 1 but not since. But I really don't care: the look is so extremely effective anyway. It reminds me of Noein, where they kind of gave up on consistency in order to give people more freedom to produce interesting animation each week.
Old 2006-05-30, 19:38   Link #491
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Quote:
Aaeru's seiyuu is Niino Michi 新野美知, who appears to have some stage experience, from a site I saw.
Has she done any other VA work? I was very impressed both by her moment of complete devastation on the flight deck, and by her first scene with Paraietta in episode 2 after the dogfight. (Among other moments.)

Quote:
But I really don't care: the look is so extremely effective anyway. It reminds me of Noein, where they kind of gave up on consistency in order to give people more freedom to produce interesting animation each week.
Creative and impressionistic I can deal with (and it seems to be part of the series' overall style); it's just that there have been some moments where a choice that a (rushed?) sakuga artist made really didn't work. That's a natural side-effect of a looser working style, but I hope they clean up the resulting messes in time for the DVD....
Old 2006-05-30, 20:09   Link #492
wrex_japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futaba-chan
Has she done any other VA work? I was very impressed both by her moment of complete devastation on the flight deck, and by her first scene with Paraietta in episode 2 after the dogfight. (Among other moments.)

Creative and impressionistic I can deal with (and it seems to be part of the series' overall style); it's just that there have been some moments where a choice that a (rushed?) sakuga artist made really didn't work. That's a natural side-effect of a looser working style, but I hope they clean up the resulting messes in time for the DVD....
How often do they clean up work for the DVD? I really don't think the artwork in this episode took such a noticeable drop in quality... it seems Simoun has been relatively consistent... compared to some other shows I've been watching, such as Witchblade, Jigoku Shoujo, and sometimes Blood+.
Old 2006-05-30, 21:14   Link #493
Kaoru Chujo
Komatsu Mikako

Quote:
Has she done any other VA work?....
Anime News Network lists one bit part in a 1999 show I'd never heard of, Sol Bianca. The theatre company she has acted with, Subaru, part of the Institute of Dramatic Arts in Tokyo, is apparently a famous modern-drama institution. She had minor roles in three dramas there in 2004. And she seems to have had guest acting roles in some TV shows. I can't tell, but maybe some are dubbing jobs for foreign shows.

I just found a good picture of her and Takahashi Rieko (Neviriru) from hm3, a seiyuu magazine.

And to wrex_japan: from what I've read in other forums, it's fairly common to clean some things up for the DVD. In Tsukuyomi Moon Phase, episode 12 was substantially redone.
Old 2006-05-30, 21:34   Link #494
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Quote:
I just found a good picture of her and Takahashi Rieko (Neviriru)
Is she seated, or standing?
Old 2006-05-30, 21:36   Link #495
wrex_japan

Quote:
Anime News Network lists one bit part in a 1999 show I'd never heard of, Sol Bianca. The theatre company she has acted with, Subaru, part of the Institute of Dramatic Arts in Tokyo, is apparently a famous modern-drama institution. She had minor roles in three dramas there in 2004. And she seems to have had guest acting roles in some TV shows. I can't tell, but maybe some are dubbing jobs for foreign shows.

I just found a good picture of her and Takahashi Rieko (Neviriru) from hm3, a seiyuu magazine.

And to wrex_japan: from what I've read in other forums, it's fairly common to clean some things up for the DVD. In Tsukuyomi Moon Phase, episode 12 was substantially redone.
Sol Bianca was a three part OVA from Pioneer... beautiful artwork and music, mediocre story.

Alright, cool... I didn't know they spent time to fix up animation/artwork for DVDs. The funny thing is, I haven't really watched any recent DVDs that I've purchased... too many current shows to watch so I've got no time. Anyway, my memory's too poor to know if they'd changed anything anyway. T_T
Old 2006-05-30, 21:38   Link #496
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

More unanswered questions

33. Why is Yun the only Chor Tempest member who doesn't appear in the opening credits? (And is there anything special about the unidentified maintenance technician in the background of the Floe/Morinas shot?)

34. Did Floe and Alti cause the failure of the Iron (Tetsu) Ri Maajon in the battle against the Argentine airship fleet? They did one more Ri Maajon (the Shark) than the rest of the choir, and they were the ones whose gem was running out of power....

35. How many Simulacrans make choices at the Spring that they later regret? How does that compare with present-day Earth? What do they do about it?

36. Is everyone heterosexual after going to the Spring? Are there same-sex romantic relationships, or is that discouraged, or channeled into opposite choices when couples go to the Spring together?

37. How durable are the Simoun helical motors? Were the ones from Chor Caput's downed Simoun from the first battle salvageable?
Spoiler for episode 8:

38. Does the Tempus Spatium have a gender?

Spoiler for episode 9:

40. What were the names of the two Sibyllae who were killed in the opening battle? What about the pair who went to the Spring later in the episode? Why don't their friends (and nakama) ever talk about them?

Last edited by Futaba-chan; 2006-05-30 at 22:28.
Old 2006-05-30, 22:16   Link #497
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Some answers to old questions

Quote:
2. Simulacrum appears to be able to manufacture Simile; can they build new Simoun, or is that a lost technology?
They can build most of the systems on a Simoun, but not the helical motors themselves, which are relics that were unearthed from an archeological dig somewhere in the country.

Quote:
3. How significant a blow was the loss of Chor Caput? Was it a catastrophic loss of up to a quarter of an irreplaceable resource
Nope. There's more than one Arcus Prima-class carrier, and there are further Simoun choirs based on the ground. And perhaps they even managed to salvage some helical motors after the battle from the downed craft?

Quote:
4. How big is Simulacrum? Is Arcus Prima's Simoun group actually providing full patrol coverage for the whole nation?
Simulacrum is large enough to have a railroad network, although it's possible to commute from the Citadel to the Spring or the Grand Temple and back in the same day. Arcus Prima isn't solely responsible for the entire country -- there are other ships in the fleet, and further Simoun choirs on the ground.

Quote:
11. Is the Ri Maajon image in one Simoun's gem repeated in the gems of other Simoun in the same choir?
Yes.

Quote:
12. We've seen the Sibyllae, Wapourif's maintenance crew, and the bridge crew. How many more crew members are needed to operate the Arcus Prima?
Spoiler for episodes 7 and 9:

Quote:
20. How open are Simulacrum's borders for trade with other nations?
The country is surrounded by mountains, but there are some nomadic tribes that wander back and forth across the Plumbish border. Whether or not there are trade routes to other civilized nations is a nice question....

Quote:
21. Is Onashia really the head of state, or is "Grand Shrine Empress" just a courtesy title?
Yes, she appears to be the head of state. How far-reaching her powers are remains to be seen, but people defer to her.

Quote:
22. What other clergy does the religion of the Tempus Spatium have?
There appears to be a group of adult priestesses (or other high officials) who dress in red. We saw a few of them in the first episode.

Quote:
30. Has Simulacrum given any thought to carrying the war to the Argentum Coral nation homeland?
Spoiler for episode 9:

Last edited by Futaba-chan; 2006-05-30 at 23:15.
Old 2006-05-30, 22:21   Link #498
Kaoru Chujo
Komatsu Mikako

Quote:
Is she seated, or standing?
Takahashi-san is standing, Niino-san sitting.

EDIT: I just had another idea as to what the one similarity between...
Spoiler for speculation based on ep9:

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-05-30 at 22:51.
Old 2006-05-30, 23:41   Link #499
Cyz
"Show it to me"

I've seen the RAW version of episode 4.

Spoiler:
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!