AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-07-01, 14:08   Link #801
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Send a message via AIM to Futaba-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Futaba-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
Right now this would be my last discussion for Simoun, until I find out how to quickly catch up with the current episodes; I'm following the pace of the Doremi subs.
Episodes 5 and 6 are currently available in fansubs (right here!), and those can tide you over until Doremi comes out with theirs if you're specifically trying to follow the Doremi version. Episode 7 should be out this weekend. And even if you have a particular version in mind to keep, it's worth watching both of them at least once, as they're edited in contrasting styles which show the series from different angles.

For episodes 8 through 13 (the current one), you can get raws from... well, a number of sources which forum rules prevent me from discussing. Once you have a copy of the raw, you can grab early drafts of the fansub scripts from http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Simoun and watch them with Media Player Classic or mplayer.

Quote:
Already have seen episode four. For the first part, the animation was pretty low on quality and somewhat stiff if you look how they drew and sketched the character's facial features.
Yeah, I thought the sakuga for the scene on the flight deck where Guragief and Paraietta chew out Aaeru and Morinas were terrible -- horribly off-model, and poorly animated. I hope they clean that up for the DVD.
Old 2006-07-01, 14:12   Link #802
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Send a message via AIM to Futaba-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Futaba-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
And they say that the manga will be serialized in Megami, beginning with the August issue.
Is that in addition to, or instead of continued serialization in Yuri Hime?
Old 2006-07-01, 14:57   Link #803
Kaoru Chujo
Kuno Misaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futaba-chan
Is that in addition to, or instead of continued serialization in Yuri Hime?
I don't know. It says it will "begin", so perhaps it starts at the beginning. And it says it's a different world from the anime and that it involves gags, and jokes about whether that is a good thing. Maybe there will now be three versions of Simoun? The next issue of Comic Yuri Hime comes out on the 18th of July, so perhaps we'll find out then.
Kuno Misaki 久野美咲 age 21. 2009 - King of Thorn (Alie). 2010 - Oreimo (Bridget). 2012 - Black Rock Shooter (Hiro). 2013 - Problem children (Melln). Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS (Mimi), Log Horizon (Serara), Galilei Donna (Grande Rosso). 2014 - Noragami (Keiichi), Escha and Logy (Kuu), Zvezda Plot (Hoshimiya Kate/Venera-sama), Wixoss (Tama), Mahouka Koukou (Kasuga Nanami), Flag o Oraretara (Kurumiko), Nanana (Saki), Seven Deadly Sins (Hawk).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | autumn 2014 previews | autumn 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: Sailor Moon Crystal | Akatsuki no Yona | Amagi Brilliant Park | Coffin-Princess Chaika | Cross Ange | Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai | Danna ga Nani ga Itteru | Denkigai no Honya-san | Donten ni Warau | Fate/Stay Night UBW | Le Fruit de la Grisaia | Gugure! Kokkuri-san | Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de | Madan no Ou to Vanadis | Orenchi no Furo Jijou | Seven Deadly Sins | Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso | Shirobako | Sora no Method | Tribe Cool Crew | Trinity Seven | Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete | Wixoss
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-01, 17:10   Link #804
warainagara
CA

Send a message via MSN to warainagara
Simoun blog put new CV interview 3. : Mamiko Noto(Limone) and Yukana(Dominura).

interview of Noto and Yukana

Huhu... at the beginning, both of them appear at their wits' end.
Noto says what she fell in love these days is vegetable juice.
(sudden change of issue)
Then Yukana explains about Tempus Spatium in her Dominura voice.

Noto is one of the most yurish seiyuu these days.
Not only because she did yuri characters in major yuri stuff (Hazuki of Yamiboushi, Shimako of Marimitte, Yukino of Mi Hime and OtoHime..) but also she is the victim(?) of fans' fervent pairing play.
She is called the "total uke" of female seiyuu side.
Among her numerous imaginatory pairs, paring with Ayako Kawasumi (Chikane of KnM, Mahoro of Mahoromatic, Aoi of Aoi Yori Aoi...) and Hitomi Nabatame (Shizuma of Stopani, Alqueid of Tsukihime) are most frequently mentioned among fans.

And...

This is DVD vol 1 jacket.

Last edited by warainagara; 2006-07-02 at 01:11.
warainagara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-02, 00:38   Link #805
fignae
floofer. floof.

That was a weird interview. Did they turn the provocative love question aside? I thought the previous two touched on more controversial topics than vegetable juice. But I loved the part where Yukana switched voices! Non-explanation of Tempus Spatium!

Haha, Noto! Maybe this video added more fuel to the fire.

By the way, did anyone record the very first cast interview, with the main characters? I'd like the original name of it so I can check if they've removed it from the main site. Or, if you're feeling helpful, PM me?

Last edited by fignae; 2006-07-02 at 02:53.
fignae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-02, 03:10   Link #806
LyricalAura
Dea ex Kakera

Quote:
They say that the largest helical motoris is 10km in diameter [...]
I want to know what they're using that one for.
LyricalAura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-02, 03:19   Link #807
randomlurker123
Stalker 101

electricity generator? heh... there's a big one powering the train in those episodes where they take the train to the main "temple" for spring/trial ...
Old 2006-07-02, 06:39   Link #808
Takemi_Ikazuchi

That DVD cover is a riot.

That's sooooo~~~~ Aer
Takemi_Ikazuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-02, 06:40   Link #809
m000m000

Episode 12 "subtitled"

It appears that there is a third fansub group who've graced us with a sub for Episode 12.

...Though I'd wager to say their take on the episode events seems somewhat questionable...
m000m000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-02, 07:18   Link #810
Seska

Quote:
Originally Posted by m000m000
...Though I'd wager to say their take on the episode events seems somewhat questionable...
A lot... I dont like it. I stop wachting it, bevor the Name of the episode apeard...

Mfg,
Seska
Seska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-02, 10:01   Link #811
randomlurker123
Stalker 101

is it a parody ? oh well... i'll go d/l and see LOL ...good for a laugh if nothing else

Last edited by randomlurker123; 2006-07-02 at 10:27.
randomlurker123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-02, 10:39   Link #812
ffdshow

It's a bad parody, don't waste your time.
ffdshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-02, 11:13   Link #813
m000m000

I thought it was kind of amusing, but I agree it could/should have been much juicier - because the episode itself is rather ripe for picking.
Compared to some other parodies out there it's kind of tame and faithful to the original content, basically just adding an evil twist on the real thing.

Best part was during the flashback sequence when Alti entered Kaim's room amidst the thunderstorm night .
m000m000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-02, 11:17   Link #814
randomlurker123
Stalker 101

LOL.... well jus waiting atm. the d/l is kinda slow i think the seeders are doing superseeding some ppls are getting 300 or 180 KB/s while others are kinda slow like mine.

btw i like parodies
/boo on the faithful on content thing heh// parodies are not suppose to be same as original mwhahaha /approved on as evil as possible

Last edited by randomlurker123; 2006-07-02 at 11:44.
Old 2006-07-02, 11:29   Link #815
guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by m000m000
Compared to some other parodies out there it's kind of tame and faithful to the original content, basically just adding an evil twist on the real thing.
Yes, that's what I think after watching it. I want to donwload Simoun because the story (the non-parody part) seem very interesting. I cannot believe a parody pursuades me into this. I was going to wait a little longer.
Old 2006-07-02, 13:02   Link #816
randomlurker123
Stalker 101

lol... i think the funniest is the "ZOMG YURI ANGST" speech bubble haha totally unexpected hehe... plus the stupid accent they give aaeru LOL.. kinda like super bad version of Gin's in Bleach. Too tame tho should be more evil

they made me watch the whole ED for the first time for 13 eps i usually never finish watching the ED LOL i finish watching all to see if it's really THE END hahaha normally i zoom to the preview

but well totally unrelated but i kinda like their font during the show . small and easy to read . they also have the nice text/subtitle timing..

Last edited by randomlurker123; 2006-07-02 at 13:15.
Old 2006-07-02, 13:28   Link #817
Kaoru Chujo
Kuno Misaki

More fan art (click "picture")

And more:

Personally, I've never liked parody subs. Even good parodies of shows I hate disturb me. So a poor parody of a great show is likely to make me depressed and upset. But anything that gets people to take a look at Simoun is a bonus.
Kuno Misaki 久野美咲 age 21. 2009 - King of Thorn (Alie). 2010 - Oreimo (Bridget). 2012 - Black Rock Shooter (Hiro). 2013 - Problem children (Melln). Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS (Mimi), Log Horizon (Serara), Galilei Donna (Grande Rosso). 2014 - Noragami (Keiichi), Escha and Logy (Kuu), Zvezda Plot (Hoshimiya Kate/Venera-sama), Wixoss (Tama), Mahouka Koukou (Kasuga Nanami), Flag o Oraretara (Kurumiko), Nanana (Saki), Seven Deadly Sins (Hawk).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | autumn 2014 previews | autumn 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: Sailor Moon Crystal | Akatsuki no Yona | Amagi Brilliant Park | Coffin-Princess Chaika | Cross Ange | Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai | Danna ga Nani ga Itteru | Denkigai no Honya-san | Donten ni Warau | Fate/Stay Night UBW | Le Fruit de la Grisaia | Gugure! Kokkuri-san | Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de | Madan no Ou to Vanadis | Orenchi no Furo Jijou | Seven Deadly Sins | Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso | Shirobako | Sora no Method | Tribe Cool Crew | Trinity Seven | Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete | Wixoss

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-07-02 at 13:57.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-02, 13:31   Link #818
fignae
floofer. floof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest
Yes, that's what I think after watching it. I want to donwload Simoun because the story (the non-parody part) seem very interesting. I cannot believe a parody pursuades me into this. I was going to wait a little longer.
This is a good thing. Hurray for parody subs!
fignae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-03, 03:05   Link #819
Simon
気持ち悪い

Quote:
Originally Posted by fignae
Thanks for the scans, Simon! Haven't seen you in this thread of late.
Well the Tokyo excursion kept me kinda busy, but I've been lurking in the background enjoying the discussions

My current project is collating an index of which OST tracks play where in each episode. Can any kind soul point me to an accurate list of romanisations / English translations for the OST 1 track titles?

(Incidentally, OST 2 is now available for pre-order from Amazon.)

Quote:
Y'know, from what little I've seen of Simoun promotional material, Megami or not, they all appear to cater to the fanservice demographic. ... But someone who watches the show for only this - I don't think they will be satisfied by what they see, though the converse is debatable, too.
I don't normally read Megami, but I subscribe to Animage and they've definitely taken the same approach (though more stressing the yuri than the cuteness of individual characters). I'd be a hypocrite not to acknowledge that some of the early Jan/Feb sketches caught my eye, but even then it was the hints of the story that most intrigued me about the series.

I guess it is "just anime" and I shouldn't take it too seriously, but it does slightly depress me when a series with such appeal to the head and heart gets marketed to parts lower down...

Quote:
Maybe there will now be three versions of Simoun?
Something I'm still not clear on, who actually has "creative control" of the Simoun universe? I assume the anime scripts are written by the staff responsible for series construction (Akatsuki Yamatoya and Fukyoushi Oyamada), and the manga in Yuri Hime are credited to Hashiba Hayase and Studio DEEN. But do we have an original creator as such? The mysterious Jin Seob Song perhaps?

Oh, and speaking of Studio DEEN, a photo from my wee pilgrimage: within these walls the Simoun take wing
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-03, 04:25   Link #820
warainagara
CA

Send a message via MSN to warainagara
OST 1 English Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon
Can any kind soul point me to an accurate list of romanisations / English translations for the OST 1 track titles?
Well, I am not a kind soul, but let me give a shot.
Romanisation is not something I can do correctly, though...

Spoiler:

From the symphony like stuff 3~6, I got the feeling Simoun's setting may not be a different world, but distant, imaginatory future.

Tags
drama, science fiction, yuri