AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Old 2006-04-16, 09:07   Link #21
SinsI

lavielove, if you read my post again you'll see that my point is that character designs were worse than in the original. All those things - sounds, sakura leaves, other action - have only a minor connection with the changing of how those characters looks. And all this - then I can see a very good manga to anime transitions around me - like in Black Lagoon, or, from the same mangaka - Great Teacher Onizuka. I guess this company(couldn't quite get the name - bad at reading kanji) is no Studio Pierrot.
All this aside, episode 1 was quite enjoyable.
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-17, 12:00   Link #22
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Saw ep1 raw >_< Has about the same level of violent death as Elfen Lied [which is no mean feat by itself]. I do agree that the animation could be better and the character designs are not up to the manga, but still a watch for a brave crew of cops trying to stop a tide of evil. I meant the normal ones

Oh, and Ori-Fumi used a voice I haven't heard before Not dead, but a delivery that is best described as Cold. Fitting when you have monsters giving violent sword death to monsters. IMO, where everywhere else falls short she can still carry a show on her own
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 00:49   Link #23
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

Well I watched episode 1 and yes the manga art looks better, but really plenty of anime look inferior to their manga counterparts for obvious reasons.

Interesting seiyuu cast.

I felt some of the scenes had music that weren't really fitting with the action, such as when TOKKI is attacked by... well I forget what they're called.

I also noticed some small changes in events, such as where Suzuka meets Shindou.

Anyway, this looks like an alright show. I'd rather read the manga but, oh well. I wonder if Rose Hip Rose or Rose Hip Zero will ever be animated.
Old 2006-04-18, 04:02   Link #24
gknight
shounen ai

Send a message via ICQ to gknight Send a message via MSN to gknight
i just saw episode 1 subbed and it was awful in my opinion and really reminded me of elfen lied (so everyone who loved elfen check tokko out).

it was such a let down, i really expected it by the art (and photo in anidb) but what i got was a fanservised extremely-violence childish show.
Old 2006-04-18, 17:48   Link #25
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

So how many episodes is this title? If they are averaging 1 volume per episode, they are going to run out of material soon.

I hope that the Sakura's tattoo looks alot better in the upcoming episodes. That manga pic of it looks beautiful!
Old 2006-04-18, 17:52   Link #26
Guido

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion
So how many episodes is this title? If they are averaging 1 volume per episode, they are going to run out of material soon.
TOKKO is scheduled for thirteen episodes only, and the staff would likely run out of manga material by the end of episode two.

What puzzles me is that the Manga Entertainment title appears in the opening credits, which would probably make the anime prelicensed.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 18:00   Link #27
xris
Just call me Ojisan
*AnimeSuki Site Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
What puzzles me is that the Manga Entertainment title appears in the opening credits, which would probably make the anime prelicensed.
And there is also this issue.
Quote:
While Tokko has not been licensed yet, it is produced by MFI, therefore we won't be listing fansubs here on AnimeSuki. See Removal of Media Factory Inc. Works for details.

Since it is "restricted", the following posts are no longer allowed.
  • Asking where you can find Tokko downloads or torrents.
  • Discussing Tokko fansub groups (past or present).
  • Asking for help downloading Tokko.
  • Asking for playback help for Tokko episodes.
These rules applies to fansubs (in English or any other language) and raws alike.

You still are allowed to discuss the anime, that has not changed but please remember to limit the discussion to the story.
Maybe I should change the first line since it appears then that Manga Entertainment has pre-licensed it. But it was an error that the preview was listed on AnimeSuki.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 18:09   Link #28
deathbygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris
But it was an error that the preview was listed on AnimeSuki.
Regardless, thread should be moved into 'DVD & Licensed' forum.
deathbygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 22:45   Link #29
SinsI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
TOKKO is scheduled for thirteen episodes only, and the staff would likely run out of manga material by the end of episode two.
Maybe they are also using Tokko: Phantom Hunter... Three more volumes, and seems readily expandable for the whole 13 episodes.
Old 2006-04-19, 00:58   Link #30
TougeSil80
I have enough, I'm gone.

Tokko

To Mod: I checked the Series Discussion Index, IT"S NOT THERE. If you don't want people keep making new threads then please keep it up to date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Last edited by TougeSil80; 2006-04-19 at 01:12. Reason: Threads merged. Please SEARCH before posting a new thread. It will keep you from annoying the moderators or making yourself look stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TougeSil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 04:10   Link #31
DrewGSR

pretty damn violent show. interesting i will keep watching to see how it goes
DrewGSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-20, 05:04   Link #32
stonedzombie
またね

Send a message via AIM to stonedzombie
not bad......but considering the type of animation technology out there these days, this one isnt really up to par. Still, I'll stick with it, considering its got chix with swords!
Old 2006-04-22, 02:56   Link #33
grss1982

NeoSam: the girl looks suspiciously like the lead character from the mangas: Rose Hip Rose and Rose Hip Zero?

Wait, let me guess Tokko's creator is the one who also did the mangas mentioned above. :lol:

EDIT:
If that character gets animated in Tokko then an animated version of Rose Hip just went down the drain. :-(

2ND EDIT:

Comparisson pic added.
Old 2006-04-22, 03:28   Link #34
SinsI

Quote:
Originally Posted by grss1982
If that character gets animated in Tokko then an animated version of Rose Hip just went down the drain. :-(
Why? Great Teacher Onizuka already features characters with the same look, why do you think that one more series is going to do anything to RH?
Old 2006-04-24, 01:10   Link #35
Guido

After watching episodes one and two, I'm disappointed for the screentime for the gorefest. It isn't quite enough to my standards to call disturbingly bloody.

The anime is somewhat toned down compared to the manga.

I believe they're trying to drag the storyline for the first three volumes of the manga into the anime, so the staff will be given enough time to improvise how the story is going to build up after the manga material runs out.

For example, in episode two Ranmaru experiences more dreams about Sakura when she was a child and tries a futile attempt to sneak inside the devastated Machida home district.

Also, I'm quite contempt that the staff did not focus on Ranmarus' conclusions regarding the relation between the earthquakes and the phantom uprisings in the first episode, as it is clearly demonstrated in the manga.

TOKKO (anime) more horror oriented towards action. The limited amount of gore and lack of suspense do not call goosebumps on me for this title. There's some lighthearted moments, as well as several slapstick ones.

For example, in episode one there is more screentime alloted to show Saya teasing her brother with her breasts, as well that in episode two she berates him more with his dreams about dreaming with half-naked girls.

The comedy and several musical tracks of the soundtrack did not make me to take straightforward the gore of episodes one and two.

And to tell you all the truth, Saya reminds me and resembles a lot to how Inoue Orihime was at the start of Bleach. Air-headed, blubby, and big breasts, though in TOKKO there are plenty fanservice puns about her breasts.

On the other hand, Suzuka (one of my favorite characters) did not change much or drastically in the anime.
She's voiced by Kana Ueda, whose for the moment voicing also Rin Tohsaka in Fate/stay night.

I see of Suzuka as a promiscuous version, clad in leather jacket and topless, of Evangeline indulged with bits of Rin's mood.
She's frivolous, capricious, naughty, mischievous...
Also in the anime is sarcastic while in the manga is cynical, but I love her in both.

Her fights with inspector Kunikida are more frequent in the anime, than the manga. She tends to tease him a lot and chuckling how Tokki's section I is rendered ineffective and rather useless.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-24, 17:16   Link #36
orion

Could this be another instance of the DVD version having more violent and maturer scenes than the TV version?
Old 2006-04-25, 23:32   Link #37
TougeSil80
I have enough, I'm gone.

Just watched ep.2, it's not a bad show, but the fanservice doesn't feel like it belongs in a gorey show like this. And the music is really badly done, it just doesn't seem to fit the situation very well. But other than that, it's good.
Old 2006-04-27, 08:11   Link #38
orion

Just like the manga. But there is alot more family scenes with Saya in the anime. So could that mean that we get to see her..

Spoiler:

So, it seems to me that they seem to be averaging with the added scenes 0.75 chapters per episode. Is volume 3 that short?

I can't wait for

Spoiler:

What do you guys think about the OP song?
Old 2006-04-29, 05:32   Link #39
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

What's his name? Shindou Hikaru? His hair strangely looks like Hikaru's, too.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-29, 10:08   Link #40
chucky
Always impatient

The animation of Tokko is just downright terrible. I was watching it eating pizza during the bloodbath and I couldnt help but get cracked up when the head on the body kept murmuring "Kill him kill him".

Hello, tokko is meant to make me scared without a giggle, right?

It is.... i dont know, but more like a tragicomedy for an animation when a supposed horror series makes people laugh, isnt it?

Tags
horror