AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2006-02-28, 06:32   Link #1
Yellow Flash
Banned

[Manga] Top 5 Ninja

1. Sandaime

2. Yondaime

3. Shodai / Nidaime

4. Itachi

5. Jiraiya / Orochimaru / Tsunade

Feel free to discuss. [Though, my list is the truth.]

Last edited by Yellow Flash; 2006-03-01 at 09:49.
Yellow Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-28, 06:39   Link #2
ri0

Location: Where everything is dangerous - I'm starting to like this place
With such discussions comes the problem from which point of the manga you are talking about. For example Sandaime in his prime or against Orochimaru? The Sannin pre- or posttimeskip? Itachi pre- or posttimeskip?

My guess would be:

1. Sandaime (prime)
2. Yondaime, Orochimaru, Jirayia, Tsunade
3. Shodaime, Nidaime, Sasori
4. Itachi
5. Dunno

The differences between those guys posted is minimal with a slight advantage for Sarutobi. The next problem is that one of those could take another out that stands over him but could just lose against someone that is below... That is why I dislike such sequences.
ri0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-28, 06:47   Link #3
Yellow Flash
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ri0
With such discussions comes the problem from which point of the manga you are talking about. For example Sandaime in his prime or against Orochimaru? The Sannin pre- or posttimeskip? Itachi pre- or posttimeskip?
All in their prime.

Quote:
The next problem is that one of those could take another out that stands over him but could just lose against someone that is below...
That is why I dislike such sequences.
I tried to avoid this problem. As you can see, I put the Sannin on the same level.
I did the same with the 1st and 2nd Hokage. It isn't clear who is stronger.

But I am convinced that Itachi can defeat all three legendary ninja.
Yellow Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-28, 07:30   Link #4
astayanax
Conspiracy Theorist

Sasori over Itachi? I doubt Sasori could do much against someone who can predict all of his attacks, can see the chakra he is using to control his puppets (assuming he is hiding in the shadows), and if desperate can burn him to a crisp with Amaterasu. If it is me, I would probably go:

1. Sandaime / Yondaime / Akatsuki Leader

2. Itachi / Shodai / Nidaime

3. Jiraiya / Orochimaru (as he is now) / Tsunade

4. Kabuto / Sasori / Kakashi

5. Kisame / Deidara

People in the same rank could be slightly stronger or weaker than the other ones.
Old 2006-02-28, 07:38   Link #5
ri0

I thought only Byakugan can see Chakra flows? Well Sasori would be really dumb if he only stands around and gets himself hit by Amaterasu. I want to know what Mr. Supereye would do against an army of puppets or a kazekagepuppet. Well It's just a guess so I won't post anymore because it would be senseless hence this fight will never happen.
Old 2006-02-28, 07:47   Link #6
astayanax
Conspiracy Theorist

Byakugan can see the chakra pinpoints on the body that Neji etc uses with the 64 hand jutsu (can't remember the name). However, Sharingan can see general chakra like for example the strings used to control the puppets.

Quote:
Well Sasori would be really dumb if he only stands around and gets himself hit by Amaterasu. I want to know what Mr. Supereye would do against an army of puppets or a kazekagepuppet. Well It's just a guess so I won't post anymore because it would be senseless hence this fight will never happen.
True, but as you noticed a puppeteer needs to stand still to fight at their best. That is why they mostly hide somewhere and/or use distracting attacks. However, since the Sharingan can see where the chakra lines are coming on, hiding will be difficult to do. Don't forget as well that Itachi isn't up there just because he is Mr. Super Eyes. He is as fast as hell and know a barrage of jutsus, including his family line of katons. Lastly, there is the comments of another puppeteer master - Chiyo. With the way she spoke of the Uchiha, I am sure it is from experience which means she knows they are at a disadvantage.
Old 2006-02-28, 07:52   Link #7
ri0

I don't think that the standing thing fits to the best puppeteer around. Even Chiyo-Baa managed to dodge around 100 needles by moving herself and Sakura. And Sasori wouldn't even care if he is hidden except this one point. I am no Sasori-Fanboy trust me, but I think he is given to less credit. This guy is really insane... So is Itachi but it is my feeling that Sasori would win.

Ah now I see... Didn't know that Sharingan could see Chakra too.

But one correction... not every Byakugan can see the Tenketsu.
Old 2006-02-28, 07:52   Link #8
Syaoran
Contemplating Naruto

Quote:
Originally Posted by astayanax
Byakugan can see the chakra pinpoints on the body that Neji etc uses with the 64 hand jutsu (can't remember the name). However, Sharingan can see general chakra like for example the strings used to control the puppets.
That would be Hakke Rokujuuyonshou ^.^

Visit http://syaoran.miniville.fr/ or help them get a job (~_^)
Syaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-28, 08:12   Link #9
astayanax
Conspiracy Theorist

Quote:
Even Chiyo-Baa managed to dodge around 100 needles by moving herself and Sakura.
Yes but when she was moving herself around, she wasn't attacking. Now imagine a person of Itachi's skill all over her. She would never get the chance to make even one move since she will have to be trying to dodge all the time. It is going to be the same for Sasori.

Below is assuming both ninjas are no nonsense.

We can assume that as Sasori is a long range fighter, he will get the first few attacks that will force Itachi to go on the defensive. During this time Itachi will see where Sasori is attacking from and starts making his way there rapidly. Here is where his eyes would give him a huge advantage because he could easily dodge all incoming attacks from Sasori (like how Sasuke dodge all of Gaara's attacks before striking him with Chidori) while still moving in at a very fast speed. Once Itachi gets close, it would force Sasori to go on the defensive and it would be the beginning of the end there.

Honestly don't see how any puppeteer could win against Itachi without taking him out in a swift savage attack by catching him totally offguard (like sitting on a chair speaking to someone, sleeping, etc).
Old 2006-02-28, 08:13   Link #10
astayanax
Conspiracy Theorist

Quote:
But one correction... not every Byakugan can see the Tenketsu.
My bad; thought they could and that it wasn't every Hyuuga who could master Jyuuken even if it was taught to them.
Old 2006-02-28, 09:59   Link #11
ri0

But with what you said I don't see anyone that could stand up to Itachi^^
Old 2006-02-28, 11:00   Link #12
Hunter Nin.

I would've expected puppets would be an advantage against a Sharingan user because they wouldn't be able to read the tenseness of the muscles and minor movements etc because there are none. They'd still have very fast reactions but they wouldn't retain the ability to read the puppets movements close enough to see into the future so to speak. Not to mention their immunity to Genjutsu, I think a puppet user on the same level as Itachi would give him a very hard to time. It just comes down to; is Sasori on the same level as Itachi?

1. Sandaime
2. Orochimaru
3. Yondaime / Jiraiya / Tsunade
4. The Stronger Akatsuki Members
5. Shodaime / Nodaime
Old 2006-02-28, 11:43   Link #13
malvado

I'd say : 1-Sandaime - God of all shinobi including Yondaime and everyone else.
2- Shodai, Nidaime - greatest ninjas of their time and ever before Saru became the Hokage.
3- Orochimaru, Yondaime, Akatsuki leader, White Fang, Itachi. All these guys are on the same lvl in my opinion. They are all inredibly strong and I dont believe Tsunade, Jiraiya n others can stand up to them.
4- Tsunade, Jiraiya, Deidara, Sasori. These guys are on the same lvl but can be defeated by aby of the guys ive mentioned before.
5- Yamato, Kakashi. These are the strongest non-sannin/hokage lvl jounins we ve seen so far. Kakashi knows thousand of jutsus and is really smart and Yamato is a well rounded jounin capable of fighting anywhere and a junchuriki would be no problem for him.
malvado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-28, 12:29   Link #14
MiniSilverTiger
Slapped Silly

1. some random ninja
2. some random ninja
3. some random ninja
4. some random ninja
5. some random ninja

i bet there are at least 5 better ninja in the naruto world that are better than anyone we have see yet. Who wants to take a bet on this?(that they will appear sometime in the manga)

otherwise:
1. Sandaime
2. Akatsuki leader/Yondaime
3. Itachi/Orochimaru
4. Jirayai/Tsunade/Sasori/the other two hokages
5. Kakashi/Gai
MiniSilverTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-28, 12:33   Link #15
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

My guess:

Beyond Human levels: The Kyuubi (1) 8 tailed demon (2)...etc. etc.

1: Yondaime Hokage
2: The Legendary Sannin / The Kyuubified Naruto 4 tails / Akatsuki Leader
3: Shodai Hokage / Nidaime Hokage / Sandaime (70+) / Uchiha Itachi / ? Unknown Akatsuki dude
4: Hatake Kakashi / Gaara (before the Attack) / Kisame / ? other 2 remaining Akatsuki guys
5: Hyuuga Neji / Sasori / Shodai Hokage (zombie form) / Nidaime Hokage (zombie form) / Sakura / Deidara / Zetsu
Mr. Johnny 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-28, 12:35   Link #16
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by ri0
Thats why Only another Uchiha can beat him...

ohhh no!!! An Itachi fanboy
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-28, 12:36   Link #17
ri0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Rurik
Thats why Only another Uchiha can beat him...

ohhh no!!! An Itachi fanboy
Sry 4 spamming but: ^^
Old 2006-02-28, 13:10   Link #18
astayanax
Conspiracy Theorist

Quote:
I would've expected puppets would be an advantage against a Sharingan user because they wouldn't be able to read the tenseness of the muscles and minor movements etc because there are none. They'd still have very fast reactions but they wouldn't retain the ability to read the puppets movements close enough to see into the future so to speak. Not to mention their immunity to Genjutsu, I think a puppet user on the same level as Itachi would give him a very hard to time. It just comes down to; is Sasori on the same level as Itachi?
The sharingan user won't be reading the movements of the puppets. He would be reading the moves of the puppeteer from seeing the chakra flows leading back to them. It is similiar to how Shikimaru read the movements of the sound girl ghosts from the flute but not quite. A master sharingan user at Itachi (or even Kakashi level) will ignore the puppets all together and charge in straight for the source since puppeteers by default is weak in close range combat.

Quote:
From what we have seen, not many can. They would either have to be literally faster than him by far (like the 4th) or is really strong in all areas of jutsus to fight him equally; ignoring genjutsus kind of since the Sharingan can see through all of them. Having wide destructive jutsus like Jiraiya or Deidara would also be an advantage over Itachi since even with the sharingan, it would be hard to avoid attacks that can take out entire villages and countries..
Old 2006-02-28, 14:05   Link #19
s-class uchiha
Naruto = Painful

Quote:
Originally Posted by astayanax
1. Sandaime / Yondaime / Akatsuki Leader

2. Itachi / Shodai / Nidaime

3. Jiraiya / Orochimaru (as he is now) / Tsunade

4. Kabuto / Sasori / Kakashi

5. Kisame / Deidara
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowflash
1. Sandaime

2. Yondaime

3. Shodai / Nidaime

4. Itachi

5. Jiraiya / Orochimaru / Tsunade
C'mon guys you are CHEATING!!! Only 5 redo your lists, esp you YF since you made this thread of "top 5" you have 8 ppl and shame on you astayanx

But seriously doesn't it defeat the whole purpose of top 5 if there's more? so I take it that for YF your real list is:

1. Sandaime

2. Yondaime

3-4. Shodai / Nidaime

5. Itachi

and same for you ast cheaters!

Here's my 5 and when i say 5 i mean "five"

1. Orochimaru *Rock on w/ you bad self Oro
2. Sandaime
3. Itachi
4. (the real) Yellow Flash/Yondy (haven't seen too much from this guy so I placed him here)
5. Shodai (lil bit of fanboyism has influenced me)

Akat leader (have no idea so he's not on there or he'd prb be #1)
Also, even if Itachi could be Oro... I still think Oro is stronger. Funny thing is I don't think Itachi could beat Saru.

edit: Mr. Johnny (ironically)5!
You have 23 ppl for your top 5!!! Cheater! haha jk
s-class uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-28, 14:46   Link #20
s-class uchiha
Naruto = Painful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5
that's because i think that they are about on the same level
Boo Johnny 5!!!

You're just making it easy on yourself!!
s-class uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote