AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: My-Otome Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 19 14.50%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 22.14%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 31 23.66%
7 out of 10 : Good 35 26.72%
6 out of 10 : Average 12 9.16%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 3.05%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.76%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-03-02, 17:43   Link #61
Anime Adoru

More screenshots here: http://www.adoru.com/mai-otome/ep21.html

You can thumb through the whole episode starting with the first picture: http://www.adoru.com/mai-otome/ep21pic01.html
Old 2006-03-02, 17:53   Link #62
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!

I believe that everyone will believe me if I say that I _want_ to like the show. I really really do.

However, eps 19-21 were more or less wasted, storywise. The bohoo-rebound-arc very very much failed IMHO. Sorry. Mashiro had a strong showing in 21, but I hope that we can finally put the disturbed little kid issues aside and get back to business. Prettyplease? ^_^;

The best scene went to Nao - once more. "Hitchhiking again?" was a classic.

At least the preview looked fine. So I hope that we'll somehow be able to conclude this decently in the remaining 5 eps. I'm growing a bit apprehensive however...
Old 2006-03-02, 18:11   Link #63
kari-no-sugata

I gave this ep a 9 - had some nice character development, and plot progress. Not much real action though. But things are definitely looking up.

Let's see...

Minor scenes for Shizuru (going along with Tomoe for now), Natsuki and Nao (about to head elsewhere with some help this time). After Nina sliced through Mikoto's shadow, the real (?) Mikoto wakes up somewhere. Nagi's figured out Nina got to Artai in that golden pod - since he doesn't care about Arika anymore (who he previously thought was the real princess), I suspect Nagi thinks Nina is the real princess (almost certainly making Arika Rena's daughter). Chie has joined up with the other Corals as part of Nagi/Smith's new model goon squad (the GEMs for which have a loyalty circuit btw, like the Slave stuff), and looking over someone in a hospital bed - most likely candidate being Aoi. Sergay volunteers to go to the Black Valley to get Mashiro (for the song) though is kinda edgy about a few things - he also mentions he's been an Artai soldier since birth. Nina wanted to go, but has to stay and protect Nagi. Meanwhile, Miss Maria is praying to the founder and recalls the words Arika said in the crypt about fighting / not-fighting. The maki-maki crew are starting to have weird dreams

Most of the action is with Arika and particularly Mashiro. Things heat up when the refugee civilians From Wind Bloom happen to go near the valley. Standing orders are to drive away such people. Arika wants to help them right from the start, but Mashiro is torn - Mimi helped her, and Mashiro wants to become a better queen, but the group also caused Aoi's death (?). When a rock monster turns up and knocks Mimi flying, Mashiro jumps to action and sends Arika to save the group (which takes hardly any time at all). Midori compliments Arika's battle skills btw - she's also preparing to get some revenge on Caldia (for taking the REM data etc). Midori asked Arika for help on that early on in the ep but Arika refused.

Later, Mashiro asks Midori to help (or at least not throw out) the Wind Bloom civilians and after Mimi dies swears to help Midori get the technology she needs in return. So they have a deal. And Mashiro has managed to turn the hearts of the people. Not bad going. Arika is still dead set on being an Otome and starts to take being Mashiro's Otome more seriously/formally. As Midori and co leave on their Slaves, Sergay and the 5 ex Garderobe students are watching for that and they're preparing to attack.

In the preview, Arika has to deal with some new-model weapons it seems. Also confronts Sergay I think. Looks like Miyu has made it to the Black Valley - meets Mikoto the cat anyway. Midori attacks Caldia. And Mai in Otome robe holding kitchen utensils? If this is not some weird dream, that'll be interesting. So where is she - I'd doubt she's in Wind Bloom, hard to imagine Natsuki meeting up with her. So maybe Mai is in the Black Valley? Ooh, Sergay is going to have a surprise if so, muhaha.

Anyway, the previous two eps felt kinda a drag but things are definitely picking up!
Old 2006-03-02, 19:03   Link #64
Tremalkinger
Hai, Nao-oneesama!

I really enjoyed this episode... the scene with Mashiro regaining her people's trust was especially thrilling, and the rest of the episode was good build up. Only five episodes left I'm optimistic.
Old 2006-03-02, 19:14   Link #65
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar
I believe that everyone will believe me if I say that I _want_ to like the show. I really really do.

However, eps 19-21 were more or less wasted, storywise. The bohoo-rebound-arc very very much failed IMHO. Sorry. Mashiro had a strong showing in 21, but I hope that we can finally put the disturbed little kid issues aside and get back to business. Prettyplease? ^_^;

The best scene went to Nao - once more. "Hitchhiking again?" was a classic.

At least the preview looked fine. So I hope that we'll somehow be able to conclude this decently in the remaining 5 eps. I'm growing a bit apprehensive however...

I've got to agree with you there. Once again we were treated to more Mashiro angst. I didn't really expect Mimi to die, but when she did and the waterworks hit, I kind of rolled my eyes waited for the scene change. While things seem to be coming together, I still feel like these past few episodes haven't resulted in much.

Aoi lives huh? That's what it looks like to me. Well I suppose after the impact of the scene wore off of me, it made more sense that she would survive like that.

The preview for 22 shows some potential. She should be Iron Chef Ruby instead of Fire String Ruby Mai Tokiha

Seems like Mai and Mikoto were living together these past few years. Will we finally get something to prove/debunk Mai x Sergay? Will Sergay be treated to a fine meal, or a "Mai Kick"?
Old 2006-03-02, 19:14   Link #66
DwArD
mAnIaC

Hmm.....I was reading Omni's temporary summary when the picture of Mai in the preview appears. I was just wondering....is Mai cooking or something at that time? Or don't tell me the wok she's holding is her element?

Now its interesting that Nagi thinks that Nina is the real princess just from the Harmonium. Did he forget that the Harmonium also opens when Arika and Mashiro were there? Now if Nina is really the princess, does that mean the baby that Rena saved was actually her own daughter?

And if Mai is with Mikoto all this times, then.....what happened to her lover (Tate?)?
Old 2006-03-02, 19:15   Link #67
QU4RK

I vote 10/10, because:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-03-02, 20:03   Link #68
DwArD
mAnIaC

Just watch the raw and....this episode is extremely touching. At least we get to see Mashiro and Arika renew their faith. Now, when will I get to see Arika in her Meister uniform

Oh yeah....regarding the 'Maki Maki' group.....anyone other than me is feeling sorry for the poor snail?
Old 2006-03-02, 20:33   Link #69
ArchDragon
The Ultimate Monster

After reading some reviews, I concluded that Midori is an airhead afterall.
I thought after what happened recently, she would know better than to leave the village virtually undefended.
Yet, she asked Arika to attack Cardair together with her company.
So if another Meister, or Schwars, shows up, who will defend the Aswad village?

They don't have allies to call upon in times of emergency, nor do they have a standing army to buy them some time.
I'm honestly dumbfounded by her ignorance, despite being portrayed as a capable leader.

Cardair, on the other hand, did all the right things except for openly betraying the Aswad.
By spreading news about Mashiro and Arika's whereabouts, as well as the location of the Aswad's village, they made sure that the Aswad won't be left alone by others long enough to launch a proper strike.

And Nagi, I thought he'd know better than to draw such a conclusion in haste.
But since Mashiro is connected to Arika, at least he should know that he can't kill Arika either.

At any rate, I'm curious how the next ep. will turn out.
Each Valkyrie is supposedly equal to (or at least close to) a Meister in power.
And there's 5 of them against Arika alone.
And then there's Mai's long awaited appearance.
Hopefully, we'll finally get to see the more interesting eps.
Old 2006-03-02, 20:50   Link #70
wombatlord
All Wombats Shall Bow

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwArD

Oh yeah....regarding the 'Maki Maki' group.....anyone other than me is feeling sorry for the poor snail?
That was one of the freakiest things I have ever seen.
Old 2006-03-02, 21:19   Link #71
Guido

I was just looking at this pic for the next episode, and it quite catches my attention.

Looks like Mashiro is being hold of hostage probably by one of the Valkyries and about to be flown away back to Windbloom.
Old 2006-03-02, 21:20   Link #72
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
Mai Otome 21 (SHIHO RLY?) LQ RAW TEASER
Old 2006-03-02, 21:54   Link #73
aikming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Adoru
More screenshots here: http://www.adoru.com/mai-otome/ep21.html

You can thumb through the whole episode starting with the first picture: http://www.adoru.com/mai-otome/ep21pic01.html

Fast as usual. Thanks a lot ya.
Old 2006-03-02, 22:05   Link #74
Iron Maw
The Black Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchDragon
After reading some reviews, I concluded that Midori is an airhead afterall.
I thought after what happened recently, she would know better than to leave the village virtually undefended.
Yet, she asked Arika to attack Cardair together with her company.
So if another Meister, or Schwars, shows up, who will defend the Aswad village?

They don't have allies to call upon in times of emergency, nor do they have a standing army to buy them some time.
I'm honestly dumbfounded by her ignorance, despite being portrayed as a capable leader.
But, Midori doesn't even know that Cardair told everyone about Mashiro's whereabouts and probably believes that Cardair's attack was isolated incident.

Besides, Arika and Mashiro are in the village anyway and according to Omni, Midori is impressed with Arika's fighting ablities, and she likely left the safety of the village to them.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2006-03-02 at 22:19.
Old 2006-03-02, 22:30   Link #75
ArchDragon
The Ultimate Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw
But, Midori doesn't even know that Cardair told everyone about Mashiro's whereabouts and probably believes that Cardair's attack was isolated incident.
She doesn't, but she should've expected Cardair to take some precautionary measures to prevent her from retaliating right away.
She was too eager to carry out her revenge that she forgot to consider the bigger picture.

Quote:
Besides, Arika and Mashiro are in the village anyway and according to Omni, Midori is impressed with Arika's fighting ablities, and she likely left the safety of the village to them.
In the end, she left them guarding the village.
But in the beginning, she asked them to join her to attack Cardair.
Had Arika and Mashiro agreed, there wouldn't be anyone with superhuman powers left to guard the village.
Old 2006-03-02, 22:40   Link #76
Hyosuke575

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
Wondering what Shizuru used that toy for
Not that again!
Old 2006-03-02, 22:46   Link #77
Iron Maw
The Black Wing

Quote:
She doesn't, but she should've expected Cardair to take some precautionary measures to prevent her from retaliating right away.
She was too eager to carry out her revenge that she forgot to consider the bigger picture.
I somewhat agree with you here, however that REM deivce is extremely important to the Aswald as well as Midori, and could have pretty bad effects on their village, if isn't returned soon.

Quote:
In the end, she left them guarding the village.
But in the beginning, she asked them to join her to attack Cardair.
Had Arika and Mashiro agreed, there wouldn't be anyone with superhuman powers left to guard the village.
I think she just wanted Arika and Mashiro to go with her, since a Meister's power should be more sufficient, there is no need for the whole gang to go. Look at the fight in episode 17 when it was just Natsuki and Shizuru against all 5 of them without breaking a sweat, for example.
Old 2006-03-02, 23:12   Link #78
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starks
Sweet! Thanks...
Old 2006-03-02, 23:15   Link #79
Sakuya
*Artist

I just finished watching this episode. It's pretty good, very dramatic and serves as good build-up. However, I doubt that the series will end nicely. I mean it's just starting to wrap up, or should I say, begin. If it wasn't for the tons of filler episodes in the beginning of the series, they could've pushed back all these build-up stories and still have some time for a nice ending. No?

Anyway, there were tons of "shiver-in-spine" moments in this episode. Tons of music have been remixed and combined I noticed. It sounds so fitting for the scenes.

I'm looking forward to the next episode. Even though the preview shows lots of promised action, I really hope it won't be just a few seconds like what Sunrise loves to pull on us.

Edit:
Once more, I feel a bit sorry for Tomoe. She finally gets #1 position in something but is once again beaten and pushed to #2, this time by Chie.
Old 2006-03-02, 23:22   Link #80
KiraDouji

Short and simple? I enjoyed this episode.

Now, I have to admit when I'm out of my league, and Yuri is certainly out of my league, so can some please explain to me just what the heck all those toys and the vieled commentary is supposed to be hinting at between Shizuru and Tomoe?

- Kira
Closed Thread