AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2008-01-17, 11:10   Link #281
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Lightning is that pwnage babe in regular FFXIII

@ Vs. XIII:

OMFG YUNA LOOKALIKE! <3! Hopefully it's not a trap -_-
Old 2008-01-17, 11:11   Link #282
Demongod86

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
I think he's referring to Nomura's penchant for all things Gackt among other things. (The guy is a fan, I think.) His male characters outnumber his female ones for one thing, but also I see this as SE trying to reel in the female fanbase more.

Amano has some pretty androgynous as well, but they don't exactly fit the Gackt-like criticism that has been said about Nomura's designs.

Another thing is with regard to the "teens" part of the equation. It would be great to feature older characters once in a while (20's and above) just to keep things fresh, or put a new spin to the overall story.
Well do those characters look like teens to you? FFVII actually had a bunch of 20+ characters, some well into their 30s like Cid/Barret.
Old 2008-01-17, 11:17   Link #283
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Well do those characters look like teens to you? FFVII actually had a bunch of 20+ characters, some well into their 30s like Cid/Barret.
I was referring more to the main characters. Others count too.

FFVII is just one game, and Cid and Barret really don't share the spotlight with the rest of the main cast in comparison. I think it's a perception or a trend that FFVIII started. It's not like I blame SE or anything. They're just trying to appeal to the demographics after all.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-18, 04:21   Link #284
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
None of them are the actual leads of the story. Sure, Cloud could be in his 20s. Then we had Squall, Zidane, Tidus, and Vaan...

It's a trend. And it's starting to get boring.

I am continually wowed by the graphics of FFXIII and Versus, but somehow the cool hero banging around shots and quick action-paced film editing isn't working for me anymore. The hormones have kicked back at my age and I need some slick, rich editing and content instead of what we're getting now. That's actually what we got for the Versus trailer but the cool hero shit isn't getting to me.

The FFVI, FFVII fanbase have all grown up. We played those games when we were 10-18. We're now 20-28. Squeenix shouldn't be targeting only for that 10-18 fanbase anymore. It's also why they need to release the FFVII remake asap, because the original FFVII fanbase have longggggg grown up.
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-18, 09:00   Link #285
Iron Maw
Eastern Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by arias View Post
None of them are the actual leads of the story. Sure, Cloud could be in his 20s. Then we had Squall, Zidane, Tidus, and Vaan...
Lighting looks like someone who is in her 20's too.

New FFXII & Versus V-jump Scans:

From NeoGaf, scans are a bit blurry though:

FFXIII

http://xs.to/xs.php?h=xs123&d=08034&f=6sqapfm308.jpg
http://xs.to/xs.php?h=xs123&d=08034&f=6yo6olj816.jpg
http://xs.to/xs.php?h=xs123&d=08034&f=834xt7r567.jpg
http://xs.to/xs.php?h=xs123&d=08034&...2_464lo753.jpg
http://xs.to/xs.php?h=xs123&d=08034&...2_709lo811.jpg
http://xs.to/xs.php?h=xs123&d=08034&f=6wooe54191.jpg

Versus:

http://xs.to/xs.php?h=xs123&d=08034&..._1175lo699.jpg
http://xs.to/xs.php?h=xs123&d=08034&...2_229lo820.jpg

Summon, Ifrit, Siren, and Carbunkle comfirmed.
Iron Maw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-20, 07:15   Link #286
Lebron
I hear voices

Higher Quality scans have been added(Jan 20th)
http://www.forever-fantasy.net/modul...howgall&gid=47
http://www.forever-fantasy.net/modul...howgall&gid=49
Old 2008-01-20, 15:31   Link #287
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Quote:

It's a trend. And it's starting to get boring.

I am continually wowed by the graphics of FFXIII and Versus, but somehow the cool hero banging around shots and quick action-paced film editing isn't working for me anymore. The hormones have kicked back at my age and I need some slick, rich editing and content instead of what we're getting now. That's actually what we got for the Versus trailer but the cool hero shit isn't getting to me.

The FFVI, FFVII fanbase have all grown up. We played those games when we were 10-18. We're now 20-28. Squeenix shouldn't be targeting only for that 10-18 fanbase anymore. It's also why they need to release the FFVII remake asap, because the original FFVII fanbase have longggggg grown up.
I don't think there's a single developer that targets the 20-28 demographic, especially for RPG's. Final Fantasy's target demographic has always been teenage boys and girls.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-20, 16:33   Link #288
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaya View Post
I don't think there's a single developer that targets the 20-28 demographic, especially for RPG's. Final Fantasy's target demographic has always been teenage boys and girls.
Perhaps, my point was more relevant to FFVII though.

The remake would still sell to players today who played it some ten years ago. If they wait too much longer, it doesn't seem as likely that people like myself will be playing it at 30 with family and whatnot.

Release it goddamit Squeenix.
Old 2008-01-20, 23:02   Link #289
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Summon, Ifrit, Siren, and Carbunkle comfirmed.
Carbunkle has been turned into a clown Dog... Y'know even though i never used carbunkle as i never liked casting reflect on my party (i like my healing magic), i still prefer the much cuter Carbunkle of older series
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-21, 19:23   Link #290
Lesca

So...Shiva's been turned into some kinda ice twin/motorbike thing and Carby is now that, I prefer the FFXI Carby to that one but I guess it's still cute, the summons are unique for sure in this.

The king guy(does he have a name yet?) still reminds me of Sasuke It was the first thing I thought when the first trailer came out of him.
Old 2008-01-22, 01:08   Link #291
Mistacloudstrife
"I'll cut them off..."

Quote:
Perhaps, my point was more relevant to FFVII though.

The remake would still sell to players today who played it some ten years ago. If they wait too much longer, it doesn't seem as likely that people like myself will be playing it at 30 with family and whatnot.

Release it goddamit Squeenix.
There was already an interview with the director of S-E stating that they're going to cease production of anything for the Compilation of FFVII after VII reaches it's 20th anniversary, so if a remake isn't announced around 2012, there probably isn't going to be a remake. I say 2012 because they said that a VII remake would take 300 workers 5 years to develop the game for the PS3.

And I'm also hoping for a remake. I'm guessing that it's going to happen sooner or later. Maybe waiting until their developers get the hang of the PS3 coding or something. Nomura already said that as long as the fans want the game and the developers at S-E are willing to make it(and they are, since it was stated that alot of workers joined partly because they were fans of VII, and wanted to be a part of creating something involving it) he doesn't want to say that there won't be a remake.

And I'm happy about XIII and vsXIII merely because Uematsu is finally back for the games soundtrack, Nomura is back on board as well, and they're FINALLY bringing back the world map and airship systems. It was always better (imo) traveling around the world yourself and going from the simple chocobo or car, to a ship or submarine, then finally making it to an airship; and being able to control all of them around the world gives off a feeling of more freedom than say picking a destination and going there automatically.
Old 2008-01-22, 02:07   Link #292
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistacloudstrife View Post
There was already an interview with the director of S-E stating that they're going to cease production of anything for the Compilation of FFVII after VII reaches it's 20th anniversary, so if a remake isn't announced around 2012, there probably isn't going to be a remake. I say 2012 because they said that a VII remake would take 300 workers 5 years to develop the game for the PS3.

And I'm also hoping for a remake. I'm guessing that it's going to happen sooner or later. Maybe waiting until their developers get the hang of the PS3 coding or something. Nomura already said that as long as the fans want the game and the developers at S-E are willing to make it(and they are, since it was stated that alot of workers joined partly because they were fans of VII, and wanted to be a part of creating something involving it) he doesn't want to say that there won't be a remake.
Ya, i do hope there will be an FFVII remake... i mean they have done so much for FFVII already and if they plan to stop it by the 20th anniversary then i would imagine they would want to make a remake of the original to cap it all off... though grant it, when it comes to an FFVII remake, one would ask if it need to be PS3 instead of PS2... given the FFXII treatment, FFVII would still look pretty damn good and it would cost as much time/money/man power to make... ofcourse, PS3 would always be prettier

And Square does seem to be liking making remakes... FFIV is coming out next, and i can't help but think they will follow that trend with remakes of FFV and FFVI... grant it though, i'd rather FFVI get better treatment than other others, being given something more like FFXII treatment and come out on the PS2... or atleast FFXIII; i just prefer the more realistic style as opposed to the super defomred style that are using for FFIV
Old 2008-01-22, 03:20   Link #293
kujoe
from head to heel

Do they even have enough manpower for a remake of FFVII? While the idea of a remake of FFVII is a no-brainer, that would involve a lot of resources in this generation, and with SE focusing on expanding the universe of FFXIII, I would like to see just how they'll be able to accomplish such a project. No DS adaptation for this one. Fans hoping for such a thing will expect no less than a next gen FFVII remake.

As for me... Has anyone seen those CG movies of the FFIV remake on the DS? They should've made the game just like that! Oh, my hopes and dreams dashed to pieces...

Also, where's the new Chrono game Square? Where's my Front Mission 5 for the US?! There's no way I'm going to import the JP version. And please give us a new FF Tactics game in the same spirit as the original in the PS!
Old 2008-01-22, 11:53   Link #294
arias

I played and completed Front Mission 5 JP.

Despite not understanding the text. It was an AMAZING game. Best FM to date.
Old 2008-01-22, 14:00   Link #295
kujoe
from head to heel

Oh great. Now I feel tempted to import it.

The last FM game I played in Japanese was FM3. Despite understanding the text a little, there are just too many technical terms in kanji.
Old 2008-01-22, 18:07   Link #296
Mistacloudstrife
"I'll cut them off..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Ya, i do hope there will be an FFVII remake... i mean they have done so much for FFVII already and if they plan to stop it by the 20th anniversary then i would imagine they would want to make a remake of the original to cap it all off... though grant it, when it comes to an FFVII remake, one would ask if it need to be PS3 instead of PS2... given the FFXII treatment, FFVII would still look pretty damn good and it would cost as much time/money/man power to make... ofcourse, PS3 would always be prettier

And Square does seem to be liking making remakes... FFIV is coming out next, and i can't help but think they will follow that trend with remakes of FFV and FFVI... grant it though, i'd rather FFVI get better treatment than other others, being given something more like FFXII treatment and come out on the PS2... or atleast FFXIII; i just prefer the more realistic style as opposed to the super defomred style that are using for FFIV
Yeah, I believe at the last Square-Enix party, there was an event where all the fans would write down what game they wanted most and the majority of them wrote down "Final Fantasy on the PS3". Not to mention that the tech demo was on the PS3 as well. I think it's safe to say that IF there were to be a remake we all know which system it's going to be on.

Yeah there have been alot of remakes lately. I think they've already remade practically all of the older Final Fantasy games. Not just by making it 3D but also updating sprites, adding better quality music, and adding FMVs too. I would rather any other remakes on a system with better graphical capabilities as well. I don't think the DS is the system to choose if you're going to remake a game. If we've already played the game, why play it on a system that can't render graphics noticeably better than that of the N64? I say if they remake games they should be on the systems that are currently the best, graphically. If FFIV were remade with new graphics to match the Wii, PS3 or the 360 I would go so far as to buying the game AND the console if I didn't have it already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Do they even have enough manpower for a remake of FFVII? While the idea of a remake of FFVII is a no-brainer, that would involve a lot of resources in this generation, and with SE focusing on expanding the universe of FFXIII, I would like to see just how they'll be able to accomplish such a project. No DS adaptation for this one. Fans hoping for such a thing will expect no less than a next gen FFVII remake.
Yeah, I think Nomura said that they didn't have enough workers to currently work on anything like a VII remake because of FFXIII, but he never said anything about after XIII was completed. ^_~

Quote:
As for me... Has anyone seen those CG movies of the FFIV remake on the DS? They should've made the game just like that! Oh, my hopes and dreams dashed to pieces...
Which is why I would have rathered it on anything but the DS. I would still play it though, and the new "Theme of Love" with lyrics amazed me as well. Love that song.

And if anyone wants to hear it... CLICK MEH Flac file.

Quote:
Also, where's the new Chrono game Square? Where's my Front Mission 5 for the US?! There's no way I'm going to import the JP version. And please give us a new FF Tactics game in the same spirit as the original in the PS!
I was hoping for a new Chono game for a while, but interviews say that they don't plan on making another one for a while. They DID regester a new Chrono game called, "Chono Break" a long while ago, but it was said to have been dropped, but the name is still registered with S-E, so you never know.

As for tactics. FFXII and FFXIII are made by the same director, and you can tell by how the story in XII is. Not only by the world of Ivalice and some characters, but how the story is a bit more intricate than your average FF. It's not exactly the same since it isn't a tactics game, but the story gives off a similar feel.

And I never played Front Mission games so I can't comment on that. =)
Old 2008-01-22, 19:13   Link #297
Slayerx

Quote:
Yeah there have been alot of remakes lately. I think they've already remade practically all of the older Final Fantasy games. Not just by making it 3D but also updating sprites, adding better quality music, and adding FMVs too. I would rather any other remakes on a system with better graphical capabilities as well. I don't think the DS is the system to choose if you're going to remake a game. If we've already played the game, why play it on a system that can't render graphics noticeably better than that of the N64? I say if they remake games they should be on the systems that are currently the best, graphically. If FFIV were remade with new graphics to match the Wii, PS3 or the 360 I would go so far as to buying the game AND the console if I didn't have it already.
Well, the thing is, one thing you need to take into account is the costs and manpower it takes to make such games, Vs the other games Square is making and how much money they stand to make off the remakes...

While working on other PS3 games they don't have as much manpower for other games, not to mention that the overall sales of the remakes tend not to be as great as the sales of the newer games i think... As it stands, the current generation of consoles are too costly for remakes. That's why i would actually hope and expect remakes on the PS2 level for now... compared to the PS3 is much less costly, but at the same time the graphics are great enough that it would do the old games justice.

The way i see REAL remakes being done is having the remakes made for consoles 2 generations ahead of the console they came out on; any sooner and it's not worth it, any later and now it's feels to costly... So for FFIII (nes), a remake on DS was just about right since that is about the N64/PS1 era... FF4-6 should be PS2... FFVII-9 should all wait to be remade on the PS3 but only when making them on the PS3 becomes much less costly; which unfortunatly means waiting till like the next generation of consoles cause it is only then will technology evolved enough that making games on the PS3 won't be as troublesome.

Grant it though, one option for Square is that they could take a break after FFXIII and put the NEXT game in the franchise on hold, and concentrate most of their manpower on the creation of remakes of all of the old classics; if they did that, then they would have the manpower to do what they want with the old games... certain FF games like 4, 6 and 7 damn well deserve a serious makeover into the newest gen... i'd also throw in the original FFTactics for serious remaking; how about instead of just giving us some cutscenes in a fancy new style, they remake the whole game using that fancy new style! ... frankly, given being made in the newest graphics, i think the games would still sell well... what i said before about them not selling aswell as new games, when i think about it, is really an errored statement on the account that the fact that the games are remade for non-current generation consoles (DS, PSP, PS2, etc) is probably the biggest reason for them not selling aswell as newer games
Old 2008-01-22, 20:20   Link #298
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Yeah, I think Nomura said that they didn't have enough workers to currently work on anything like a VII remake because of FFXIII, but he never said anything about after XIII was completed. ^_~
That can be a bit of a problem then as far as FFVII is concerned. SE outlined their plans for the Fabula Nova Crystallis universe last year, and it's pretty ambitious. If the majority of those future titles is meant for the DS or PSP (or mobile phones), then maybe they'll find the time and the resources to go back to FFVII and give it the remake treatment. Unless, of course if Nomura was just referring to main FFXIII game, but I wouldn't hold my breath for it.

Personally, I prefer that they focus their efforts on newer ground in the meantime, and explore the other IPs they have under their belt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistacloudstrife
As for tactics. FFXII and FFXIII are made by the same director, and you can tell by how the story in XII is. Not only by the world of Ivalice and some characters, but how the story is a bit more intricate than your average FF. It's not exactly the same since it isn't a tactics game, but the story gives off a similar feel.
Not really. FFT is a SRPG set in a purely medieval setting. Though FFXII and FFT are related in spirit, they're very different games. We have FFTA (1&2) for the DS, and while those games aren't really bad, they also remind me of how I miss the original.

Actually, the game that came across to me as the closest to FFT in terms of story and atmosphere is Vagrant Story.
Old 2008-01-22, 22:56   Link #299
Zoe

New scans are leaking as I type
Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 23:54   Link #300
Demongod86

FFVII remake 5 years for 300 workers? What the hell?! They already have everything designed and the whole story written out and such!

Though CGed Tifa is such thx

Tags
final fantasy, jrpg, ps3, rpg, square-enix, xbox 360