AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2010-05-29, 13:41   Link #2981
Renya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
5-starred all missions except:
-Gigantuar
-the Raktavija duo
-the Long Gui dude

Actually I think the two Raktavijas are the hardest to 5-star, simply because I can't surprise them and they got a hell of a lot chain resistance...and if I use Tri-disaster, they kill me with multi-cast before I even get a chance to stagger one of the two
Btw I got a lucky trap in my adamantoise fights, what should I use it on?
i used the quick stagger setup boost to beat both the gigantuar and raktavija.
Long Gui i used the summoning to get him on his feet than pounded on him, i had a spare elixir so i used that and summoned again when it rose to it feet again.
Renya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-29, 22:42   Link #2982
Tormenk

Quote:
5-starred all missions except:
-Gigantuar
-the Raktavija duo
-the Long Gui dude

Actually I think the two Raktavijas are the hardest to 5-star, simply because I can't surprise them and they got a hell of a lot chain resistance...and if I use Tri-disaster, they kill me with multi-cast before I even get a chance to stagger one of the two
Btw I got a lucky trap in my adamantoise fights, what should I use it on?
Gigantuar is such a PITA that I shudder to try again even with the gold watch on now.

You would want to put on a bunch of the resist magic accessories, multiple rune bracelets at around 8~9% should suffice. Shrouds if you are so inclined.

Other then that, get a SAB that has slow as party leader to manually apply slow on both of them before you start going at it. Makes life a lot easier once that's done, though they can mass dispel themselves and your party so watch out for that.

Long Gui shouldn't be too much of a problem if you five-starred mission 64 already. Max your weapons if you haven't yet since every turtle fight is a race against time and any stats you can afford is that extra edge to finish it first.

"A life without change is akin to death."

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-30, 00:23   Link #2983
problemedchild
ô_ô

Just equip everyone with the instant stagger items and go nuts. Gigantuar isn't too bad.
problemedchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-30, 00:58   Link #2984
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
I upgraded Fang's Pandora Spear because of the tip above. Maybe it's just me, but it seems that Fang's debuffs are actually failing more often. I forgot to try to debuff with Fang equipped with a different weapon, and maybe it was just that the enemies I was facing in Orphan's Cradle just had higher resistance to debuffs (I DID upgrade it right before I faced the Jaberwocky/Bandersnatch, so I didn't try it on the regular mobs in the area... my opinion of debuffs failing more often is based on fighting the Wladius/Tiamet/Jaberwocky). It certainly seemed like her debuffs weren't sticking as often. I hope I didn't blow a lot of money on a mistake. lol

But thanks to Tormenk's tips, I finally upgraded a bunch of stuff fairly cheaply. I <3 maxed-out Royal Armlet and maxed out Imperial Armlet. If I equipped one character with the maxed-out Imperial Armlet I got from the Tiamet and two maxed-out Royal Armlets... automatic 50% damage reduction before any buffs. lol I love it. As it stands, I don't want to lose the benefits of other accessories, so I'm leaving Lightning with just the maxed-out Imperial Armlet (reduce damage by 20%) in that department.

My next step in the story, I believe, will lead me to the final three boss fights. So, I went back to the start of Orphan's Cradle and I am stopping for the night. I am debating going back to Gran Pulse to grind and retry some missions/do some ones that I abandoned. I want some CP to open up the secondary roles for some characters.

Does anyone know if you can get back to the area with the Bandersnatch/Jaberwocky and the Wladius Ci'eth after you beat the Tiamet and before you go to the last boss battles? The Wladius battle only takes me about 2:30 right now and it's 32,000 CP per fight. That's way better than anything I'd get anywhere else.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-30, 01:16   Link #2985
Tormenk

LOL. I would think it be luck of the draw cos mine went smoothly. If it helps any, manually debuffing one status at a time like slow or poison tends to work better instead of auto-hindrance since it would fill one ATB bar with one different debuff after another.

I would say even if it might seem like a waste right now, it would pay off later on when you have to get Fang doing everything short of healing at end-game portions. I stuck with a starred pandorean/calamity spear and it served me well for all the missions until I had to fight long guis and desperately need the stats from a tier 3 taming pole.

As for that particular area by all means stay as long as you are comfortable. Orphan's dungeon isn't accessible post-game and the Wladius drops perfume iirc, which sells for 12k gil. You may want to get your hands on two collector catalogs and upgrade one to a connesieur for easier drops.

Old 2010-05-30, 01:32   Link #2986
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I'm also using a starred calamity spear, Fang is my main SAB and COM for now. From weapons I also upgraded both of Snow's ward gloves (Paladin for Attacus, who I finally beat after 10 mins, and Umbra for anything that deals damage en masse). I regret upgrading Lightning's weapons, Enkindler and Apocalypse, because of the very low attack and very low speed respectively. Should have gone with Lionheart :S
Quote:
Just equip everyone with the instant stagger items and go nuts. Gigantuar isn't too bad.
I'll try that a few times till I get bored
Quote:
You would want to put on a bunch of the resist magic accessories, multiple rune bracelets at around 8~9% should suffice. Shrouds if you are so inclined.
I totally forgot I had a few witch bracelets! The Raktas got too much HP to off in one stagger, and if I stop at any time for healing they'll probably own me with a dispel/multicast combo. Ofc an option would be a diversity paradigm, but it would be a battle of attrition and I don't want to fight them again for 5 stars
Quote:
I want some CP to open up the secondary roles for some characters.
I strongly suggest going for mission 56 as soon as you can (growth egg reward), but you will need to finish the game first to unlock stage 10 first.
Old 2010-05-30, 01:32   Link #2987
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
LOL. I would think it be luck of the draw cos mine went smoothly. If it helps any, manually debuffing one status at a time like slow or poison tends to work better instead of auto-hindrance since it would fill one ATB bar with one different debuff after another.

I would say even if it might seem like a waste right now, it would pay off later on when you have to get Fang doing everything short of healing at end-game portions. I stuck with a starred pandorean/calamity spear and it served me well for all the missions until I had to fight long guis and desperately need the stats from a tier 3 taming pole.

As for that particular area by all means stay as long as you are comfortable. Orphan's dungeon isn't accessible post-game and the Wladius drops perfume iirc, which sells for 12k gil. You may want to get your hands on two collector catalogs and upgrade one to a connesieur for easier drops.
Thanks for reminding me about upgrading the Collector's Catalog. Totally forgot to do that.

So, Perfume... I noticed it actually gives 136 EXP in upgrading. Waste of resources, right? Just sell all of it? Noticed that with these Starblossom/Moonblossom seeds. They "sell for a premium," but actually seem to have some real EXP value. Do I just disregard that and sell them?

I think I'll try to go back to the Wladius area and fight those. At 32,000 CP every 2.5 minutes, it should be well worth it. I can max-out the primary roles for everyone and get 2-3 levels of the secondary roles so I can make teams like triple sentinel, as you suggested, or triple SAB as I've seen some suggest.
Quote:
I'm also using a starred calamity spear, Fang is my main SAB and COM for now. From weapons I also upgraded both of Snow's ward gloves (Paladin for Attacus, who I finally beat after 10 mins, and Umbra for anything that deals damage en masse). I regret upgrading Lightning's weapons, Enkindler and Apocalypse, because of the very low attack and very low speed respectively. Should have gone with Lionheart :S

I strongly suggest going for mission 56 as soon as you can (growth egg reward), but you will need to finish the game first to unlock stage 10 first.
I'm using Lionheart for Lightning right now. I love being able to get Stagger before it's actually filled.

As for the Growth Egg, it's mission 55 (according to a Mission List; I've done Mission 56 already). I don't know if I can take an A-rank mission yet, but maybe I'll try. I've 5-starred some B-rank missions in Taejin's tower back in Chapter 11. Maybe I can survive an A-rank. When you say I need Stage 10, does that mean I can't win that battle without having some ability from Stage 10 or something?

Old 2010-05-30, 11:26   Link #2988
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Yeah, I don't know if I am going to continue playing. I have a lot of other stuff to do and I want to continue FSN VN, which I've barely started.
Old 2010-05-30, 18:32   Link #2989
problemedchild
ô_ô

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
Thanks for reminding me about upgrading the Collector's Catalog. Totally forgot to do that.

So, Perfume... I noticed it actually gives 136 EXP in upgrading. Waste of resources, right? Just sell all of it? Noticed that with these Starblossom/Moonblossom seeds. They "sell for a premium," but actually seem to have some real EXP value. Do I just disregard that and sell them?

I think I'll try to go back to the Wladius area and fight those. At 32,000 CP every 2.5 minutes, it should be well worth it. I can max-out the primary roles for everyone and get 2-3 levels of the secondary roles so I can make teams like triple sentinel, as you suggested, or triple SAB as I've seen some suggest.

I'm using Lionheart for Lightning right now. I love being able to get Stagger before it's actually filled.

As for the Growth Egg, it's mission 55 (according to a Mission List; I've done Mission 56 already). I don't know if I can take an A-rank mission yet, but maybe I'll try. I've 5-starred some B-rank missions in Taejin's tower back in Chapter 11. Maybe I can survive an A-rank. When you say I need Stage 10, does that mean I can't win that battle without having some ability from Stage 10 or something?
Did you beat the game yet? Because if you have, you can't go back to the spot right before the boss and grind out 32k CP every other minute.

Almost everything has an exp value, but it doesn't mean you should use them to upgrade. The items you listed should be sold for money.

It's recommended you have access to stage 10 because the thing hits like a truck. The extra HP you obtain helps a lot, even if you're Death spamming.
problemedchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-30, 19:46   Link #2990
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by problemedchild View Post
Did you beat the game yet? Because if you have, you can't go back to the spot right before the boss and grind out 32k CP every other minute.

Almost everything has an exp value, but it doesn't mean you should use them to upgrade. The items you listed should be sold for money.

It's recommended you have access to stage 10 because the thing hits like a truck. The extra HP you obtain helps a lot, even if you're Death spamming.
I haven't beaten the game yet. I'm going to take an hour or so tonight and grind CP v.s. the Wladius ci'eth. I want to max-out my primary roles on everyone and then get some stages of the secondary roles for everyone, leaving some CP over for when I beat the game and unlock stage 10.

Okay, I'll sell those items, then. I didn't know if they were useful down the line. Like I noticed that Perfume had some half-decent EXP (132 or so) and didn't know if I should sell it off. I have about 19-20 of them.

Old 2010-05-30, 21:37   Link #2991
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

How many hours are you guys at when you finish everything?
Old 2010-05-30, 22:05   Link #2992
BlankVoid

Send a message via AIM to BlankVoid Send a message via MSN to BlankVoid
Most people:

45 Hours - Beat the game. Assuming first playthrough.
80-90 Hours - All trophies.
BlankVoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-30, 22:41   Link #2993
JagdPanther

I'm at 54 hours and about to start the first of the last three boss battles.

I've spent a lot of time grinding and doing missions, too, though. I figure grinding alone is probably 8 hours at this point.

EDIT: Wow. I can't read.

I'm actually at 65 hours and about to start the first of the last three boss battles.

I know; I play RPGs really slowly.

Last edited by JagdPanther; 2010-05-31 at 00:21.
Old 2010-05-31, 01:12   Link #2994
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
I'm at 89 hours and still just grinding for money. Main problem for now is trophy hunter and getting 5 star on Gigantaur.

Anyways does anyone know if your trophies are linked to the PSN or to the PS3?
Old 2010-05-31, 01:21   Link #2995
Tormenk

I vaguely recalling watching the ending at around the 64 hour mark lol. Must have far-overstayed in Gran Pulse or something.

110 hours now and I'm short of la'Cie Paragon and Treasure Hunter. Can't be assed to go through about 20 missions again, much less on repeat tries if I don't get the 5-stars somehow. I got the T3 weapons and most of the accessories upgraded but still short of those 200k weapons for each character..not to mention adamantite costs a pretty penny.

Old 2010-05-31, 01:43   Link #2996
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

I was around the 55 - 60 hour mark or so when finishing the game and I am currently a bit past the 100 hour mark.
Old 2010-05-31, 02:43   Link #2997
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Watched the ending at 40 hours or so, up to 68 hours or so right now, with three missions to go and a LOT of weapons to upgrade...
Old 2010-05-31, 06:48   Link #2998
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra Send a message via Skype™ to zebra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Anyways does anyone know if your trophies are linked to the PSN or to the PS3?
Both actually. They are on the PS3 until you've synchronized them with the PSN server. So if you ever get your PS3 wrecked the trophies you have on the server aren't lost and can be retrieved.

I hit the last boss around 55 h if I recall right. My current save is at 72 ours. After doing the majority of missions and running around like an idiot. And doing Mission 7 like a hundred times for 'Running Boots'.

I gotta say the Lightning seem really is pretty. Won't change that for a long time I think
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-31, 10:19   Link #2999
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
I gotta say the Lightning seem really is pretty. Won't change that for a long time I think
So you 5-starred the final boss battle?

I know this is a stupid question, but:

Can you ever re-do the final boss battle? Or do you have to maintain a save game forever and keep re-trying the battle at the same stats in order to get to 5-star?

Old 2010-05-31, 10:41   Link #3000
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra Send a message via Skype™ to zebra
No. After the credits you save and if you start that file you are at the last save point before the last boss again ^^. So you just have to walk to the boss again. You can't miss any trophy.

Yup, five starred it on first try. Was surprisngly easy, even without much grinding. I guess, I'm just too awesome!
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
final fantasy, jrpg, ps3, rpg, square-enix, xbox 360