AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

View Poll Results: Fate/stay Night Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 29 21.80%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 37 27.82%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 44 33.08%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 9.77%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 6.02%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.50%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-03-06, 14:00   Link #161
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

well I got into Fate/stay night when a friend told me to try it and blurted out all the spoilers -.- I found the story and characters to be interesting and thought provoking so now im watching the anime. But I'd be lying if I said that I didnt like seeing the cute girls

In the end enjoying the show for the story AND the cute girls is not mutually exclusive is it? Just because someone is joking around with the ecchi and cute girl angle doesnt mean they cant enjoy the show on an intellectual level.

edit -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maids! Maids! Maids!
It's fun to think about what their reaction would be. I'm not sure which is worse, they react with indignation or they react like this:
Spoiler for Rin and Sakura's reaction to Shirou's proposition:
while indignation might mean that they are insulted to be thought of as the type to participate in that type of um "event", the laughing and pointing would be more devastating to me....
Old 2006-03-06, 14:35   Link #162
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
It's fun to think about what their reaction would be. I'm not sure which is worse, they react with indignation or they react like this:
Spoiler for Rin and Sakura's reaction to Shirou's proposition:
LOL, I went with

Spoiler:

but your option may be one of the possibilities as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2
And I am wondering how many people here actually watched this anime for story, not cute girls.
No way that I'm watching Fsn just for the girls.
In the first place I wanted an action anime break because I'm more in the comedy-drama-romance branch (other shows I'm watching now through the ongoing: Karin, Magikano, Shinigami no Ballad, Kashimashi, REC and Kage Kara Mamoru - if I wanted just them , cute girls enough, isn't it ?).
So Fate/stay night was (is) my designed "dark" anime. And I picked it for this. The fact that such a bunch of cutesy like Rin, Saber or Sakura showed up sure it's a plus in my book ^^ , but I would have continue to watching even if the girls were drawn like in "Tenshi na Konamaiki"
That's because I like how the story is built, from its former origin, and how it is developing. I like the various twists of the show. It's just a bit slow in the progressing, but I'm plenty enjoying it nevertheless
Old 2006-03-06, 14:40   Link #163
JanthraX^
Ace Archer

Lol i really dont know what drew me into watcing thi, guess i was just looking at new anime starting this year and F/SN got me interested,

great storyline, great animation and great music =D , i really really wanna play the game for full details ,

i have to say that tiger is a plus tho and maybe rin =P
Old 2006-03-06, 14:43   Link #164
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

I didnt know this anime from the beginning, it was a friend who proposed to me into watching this. At first, yes, i DO admit i like the cute girls especially Saber (^^) but continuing watching it, i love the storyline, the comedy of it,, somewhat romance? ( where Shirou stands up for Saber in a couple of episodes and comes to her aid), just by watching the anime and studying how the characters will develop makes u want more of it ><. *sigh* hope next weekend comes soon T_T
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 14:45   Link #165
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
As I can see so far, most people liked this series for wrong reasons. But off course, there are exceptions to the rule.

The story is moving and tragic, as heroes and heroines forced to fight again, reliving their legends then get killed or kill in the end. You can say the magus are evil for not giving these so called heroic spirits peace by summoning them for totally unrelated war. Assassin made a good point that he was cursing the day that he was summoned to the world again. By plying to their desire to have the Grail, they awaken again to relive human frailities tampering their heroic deeds. It must be vexing for them to fight for the prize and relive their lifes as they know it but in such alien circumstances.

Adding to that too, is the usual human story of maguses who fought for honour, for tradition or pacifistic altruism in this totally inhumane war. And all too familiar greed for more power from others too. Not able living their life as normal people like Rin's father must be quite a strain on their being.

It is sad too, to see a decent bloke like Shirou lost his normal life and get embroiled into something like Holy Grail War. Sometimes, the most precious thing life can give is semblance of normal life. His life will never be the same again. No more ignorance bliss. Maybe he wants it, maybe he don't.

Then Saber, with her commitment to protect her all-too-naive current Master also is quite sad too. She is a warrior who is fighting an alien war in distant time which have nothing to do with her real life. The only thing she has is her desire to acquire the Grail. At such heavy cost.

The list goes on. Perhaps I am pessimistic.

That's how I see Fate/Stay Night as. A collection of sad story with brave, heroic tragedy in poetry in motion. In the end, does it justify all?
Old 2006-03-06, 14:50   Link #166
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

hey Maids!Maids!Maids u drew that pic by any chance? looks decent art work there o.O. i can oni draw stick ppl to my best T_T
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 15:27   Link #167
JanthraX^
Ace Archer

Well said stormy001_M1A2 ! , tbh i havent looked into the servants feeling of being summoned for something trivial until assasin and his little speech,

again, well put stormy001_M1A2!!!
Old 2006-03-06, 15:36   Link #168
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikimori Kazuki
hey Maids!Maids!Maids u drew that pic by any chance? looks decent art work there o.O. i can oni draw stick ppl to my best T_T
No, it was a doujin artist named Himura Kiseki. He's a bigtime Sakura fan and the creator of Archer-ko, the female archer:

By the way, I watch F/SN mostly for the girls. I say this without shame or reservation. They're just really, really good girls.
Old 2006-03-06, 15:46   Link #169
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
As I can see so far, most people liked this series for wrong reasons. But off course, there are exceptions to the rule.
Since when is there ever a wrong reason to enjoy watching/reading a story? Authors do inject their beliefs, ideals and thoughts into thier works, but they are also meant to entertain others. Some enjoy the deep story on an intellectual level and others enjoy it mainly for some action a little bit of comedy and the cute girls. As long as someone enjoys the series theres no right or wrong reasons for liking it.

To be honest I was expecting the episode discussion to be fill with discussion on the plot points you pointed out but oh well... It sums up nicely why I enjoyed the story.

edit -
Quote:
By the way, I watch F/SN mostly for the girls. I say this without shame or reservation. They're just really, really good girls.
Indeed they are
Old 2006-03-06, 15:56   Link #170
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04
Since when is there ever a wrong reason to enjoy watching/reading a story? Authors do inject their beliefs, ideals and thoughts into thier works, but they are also meant to entertain others. Some enjoy the deep story on an intellectual level and others enjoy it mainly for some action a little bit of comedy and the cute girls. As long as someone enjoys the series theres no right or wrong reasons for liking it.
Usually i would agree - but to me F/SN's different, and Stormy has shown the real epic that is the story.
Old 2006-03-06, 16:08   Link #171
philip72

Quote:
Right on! Someone else who isn't a eunuch. I swear with all the service pooh-poohing out there I sometimes think I'm the only (somewhat) young heterosexual male in these forums. It doesn't have to be there, but if it is it's like extra gravy on your potatoes. Disclaimer: Sensitive types, please ignore this rant, I'm a bit of a tool.

Back to the topic:

How did Rin resuscitate Saber so quickly. Did she give her mana?
If she did, is she being irrational in regards to giving aid an comfort to a potential adversary?
Or is she simply assisting a temporary ally for her own current needs?
philip72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 16:21   Link #172
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
That's how I see Fate/Stay Night as. A collection of sad story with brave, heroic tragedy in poetry in motion. In the end, does it justify all?
I'm actually surprised and found it a bit odd that discussions about this anime have such a happy vibe in them. Granted the shit hasn't hit the fan yet, but still...

Then again, the characters are part of the reason for the success of Fate/stay night, so it isn't that big of a surprise. I do see where you're coming from though. The universe of Tsukihime and F/SN has this intriguing quality about it, and in my opinion, that's what makes the characters more appealing than what meets the eye.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 16:51   Link #173
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe
I'm actually surprised and found it a bit odd that discussions about this anime have such a happy vibe in them. Granted the shit hasn't hit the fan yet, but still...

Then again, the characters are part of the reason for the success of Fate/stay night, so it isn't that big of a surprise. I do see where you're coming from though. The universe of Tsukihime and F/SN has this intriguing quality about it, and in my opinion, that's what makes the characters more appealing than what meets the eye.
I find the characters in the Type Moon universe to be extremely appealing, and therefore the universe they occupy is appealing. If I don't care about the characters, there's a good chance I won't care about what happens to them. I think the series' creators understand this, and they're taking their time introducing and developing the key players. We're nine episodes into the series, and they're still not done. I can't imagine a more deliberate pace. I do imagine some people find it plodding, but I'm really enjoying it.

I think most of us realize that things are going to get a lot darker, but there’s no reason not to enjoy the levity (and short skirts) and character development while it lasts. We’ll most likely have a greater connection with the characters when it does hit the fan, and the impact of events will be greater as a result.

Edit: Having said that, I realize this is not a harem comedy with elements of drama (a la Shuffle!). It's more likely a drama (and possibly a tragedy) with elements of comedy.
Old 2006-03-06, 17:19   Link #174
JanthraX^
Ace Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip72
Right on! Someone else who isn't a eunuch. I swear with all the service pooh-poohing out there I sometimes think I'm the only (somewhat) young heterosexual male in these forums. It doesn't have to be there, but if it is it's like extra gravy on your potatoes. Disclaimer: Sensitive types, please ignore this rant, I'm a bit of a tool.

Back to the topic:

How did Rin resuscitate Saber so quickly. Did she give her mana?
If she did, is she being irrational in regards to giving aid an comfort to a potential adversary?
Or is she simply assisting a temporary ally for her own current needs?

didnt Rin say that saber went into an involuntary shutdown, a sort of last resort mana saver, and all she needed was a 'little' bit of rest and poof shes awake again?
Old 2006-03-06, 17:27   Link #175
Mr.Hawq
The Hawqman

I was kind of late in coming with fate/stay night, started watching when the 5th episode was the latest. My reason was kind of both, the sword action/ and for the girls, especially saber since she is such a strong female character, but im anitcipating to see her human side right now. Episode 9 did give you a very small amount of human feelings she had, by in the end
Spoiler:

Quote:
Having said that, I realize this is not a harem comedy with elements of drama (a la Shuffle!). It's more likely a drama (and possibly a tragedy) with elements of comedy.
I'm not sure, but they might put somekind of romance element in it, since there is about 3 girls he can choose. The thing is that who is it, but that is just me who has no knowledge of the game, but being a dating sim game.
Old 2006-03-06, 17:27   Link #176
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanthraX^
didnt Rin say that saber went into an involuntary shutdown, a sort of last resort mana saver, and all she needed was a 'little' bit of rest and poof shes awake again?
That, and she probably wasen't at 100% while talking.. she just probably wanted to get the talk with Shirou over & done with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawg
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-03-06, 17:36   Link #177
Mr.Hawq
The Hawqman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
That, and she probably wasen't at 100% while talking.. she just probably wanted to get the talk with Shirou over & done with.

Spoiler:

damn this is the second time you called me Hawg, hahaha.

Yah that is how you can pretty much describe it I guess, you just made my description more simpler.
Old 2006-03-06, 17:38   Link #178
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Hawq
damn this is the second time you called me Hawg, hahaha.
Its how i know you, so i'll carry on calling you by that. =P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawg
Yah that is how you can pretty much describe it I guess, you just made my description more simpler.
Indeed, its just my ways a lot cuter.
Old 2006-03-06, 17:41   Link #179
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
I think most of us realize that things are going to get a lot darker, but there’s no reason not to enjoy the levity (and short skirts) and character development while it lasts. We’ll most likely have a greater connection with the characters when it does hit the fan, and the impact of events will be greater as a result.

Edit: Having said that, I realize this is not a harem comedy with elements of drama (a la Shuffle!). It's more likely a drama (and possibly a tragedy) with elements of comedy.
Oh yes, that I can understand. I quite am aware of how much the Tsukihime/F/SN fandom loves their stuff, but it's kind of similar to what you just said. I don't know, maybe it's just me... F/SN does indeed have its moments of course, (sometimes through fandom-related material such as doujins, fanart, etc.) but Shuffle! this is not.

As for the pace, I have no major problems with it. This anime goes beyond the twenties anyway. I'm just hoping that the presentation delivers the goods.

Last edited by kujoe; 2006-03-06 at 17:51.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 18:04   Link #180
Mr.Hawq
The Hawqman

You know what I liked even more in this episode? How Shirou called Saber a girl, and she felt offended by that.