AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > My HiME / My Otome

Closed Thread

Old 2006-03-04, 13:37   Link #1
Honeyman

Smile The 5 Pillars

Hello there folks. It is obvious to many who the five pilars are in this shows but I just wanted to highlight a bit of information.

Natsuki, Shizuru and Nao are dead certs/familiars already but what about the other 2?

Well, the only bit of info I got was their names from the official website. As far as I can gather the masked pillar in the black costume goes by the name of Sara Galagher and the gneie-looking pillar goes by the name of Maaya Braice (or something along those lines.)

Does anyone else have any information to contribute about these 2, and furthermore, will we actually get to see them do anything in the show or are they just for show?

Fire away!
Old 2006-03-04, 13:41   Link #2
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
# Sala Gallagher (サラ・ギャラガー Sara Gyaragā) - A Meister Otome, one of the Five Columns, the Galactic Aquamarine (銀河の藍玉 Ginga no Rangyoku). *Masked Pillar*

# Maya Bryce (マーヤ・ブライス Māya Buraisu) - A Meister Otome, one of the Five Columns, the Balletic Fluorite (伶踊の蛍石 Reiyō no Botaruishi). *Tan Pillar*
Old 2006-03-04, 14:06   Link #3
paTKany
Aasu Ⅷ

Send a message via MSN to paTKany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starks
Botaruishi
○ Hotaruishi
Old 2006-03-04, 14:45   Link #4
ArchDragon
The Ultimate Monster

The currently known ones are:
1. Miss Maria
2. Natsuki
3. Shizuru
4. Nao (replacing Mai)
5. Yukariko

Miss Maria and Yukariko will be replaced by those 2 mentioned by Starks sometime in the near future.
Old 2006-03-04, 15:01   Link #5
Starks
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchDragon
The currently known ones are:
1. Miss Maria
2. Natsuki
3. Shizuru
4. Nao (replacing Mai)
5. Yukariko

Miss Maria and Yukariko will be replaced by those 2 mentioned by Starks sometime in the near future.
Proof for Miss Maria and Yukariko?
Old 2006-03-04, 16:37   Link #6
Myname

Obviously you fail at detecting sarcasm.
Old 2006-03-04, 16:57   Link #7
KiraDouji

Well then I missed it too. I was under the impression that Miss Maria and Yukariko are only teachers who are conected to Shinso so they can, well, teach. I don't see where anyone gets the idea that they're pillars.

And if the comment was supposed to be sarcasm... who was it directed towards and what about?

- Kira
Old 2006-03-04, 20:41   Link #8
Aidan
Am I bad? Yes... Very X(

Quote:
# Sala Gallagher (サラ・ギャラガー Sara Gyaragā) - A Meister Otome, one of the Five Columns, the Galactic Aquamarine (銀河の藍玉 Ginga no Rangyoku). *Masked Pillar*
The Galactic Aquamarine? Is she going to come from space?

Imagination is more important than knowledge. - Albert Einstein
As the years go by my English is slowly turning into Engrish... T_T
Old 2006-03-04, 20:59   Link #9
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidan
The Galactic Aquamarine? Is she going to come from space?
The "Galactic" (Ginga) is obviously a reference to Gear Fighter Dendoh (which has a protagonist by the name of Ginga), since Sara Gallagher also appears in that show (though she originated in Cyber Formula).
Old 2006-03-04, 22:00   Link #10
ArchDragon
The Ultimate Monster

Quote:
Proof for Miss Maria and Yukariko?
IIRC, in ep. 16, when Nao's selection to become a pillar is announced, the girls mentioned that only position IV is vacant.
So that means there are currently 4 pillars working for Garderobe.

Both Yukariko and Miss Maria are active Meisters, so it makes sense that they're pillars connected to Shinso.
Otherwise, what are they?
Recall that the definition of a "pillar" is a "Meister who served Shinso", nothing more than that.
Besides, if they're not pillars, why are they working for Garderobe instead of their own countries?

As for those 2 future pillars, they can't be current pillars since they've never been seen around Garderobe.
Even if they're on extended assignments, they should at least maintain contact with Natsuki, the principal.
Old 2006-03-04, 22:29   Link #11
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
IIRC, in ep. 16, when Nao's selection to become a pillar is announced, the girls mentioned that only position IV is vacant.
So that means there are currently 4 pillars working for Garderobe.

Both Yukariko and Miss Maria are active Meisters, so it makes sense that they're pillars connected to Shinso.
Otherwise, what are they?
Recall that the definition of a "pillar" is a "Meister who served Shinso", nothing more than that.
Besides, if they're not pillars, why are they working for Garderobe instead of their own countries?

As for those 2 future pillars, they can't be current pillars since they've never been seen around Garderobe.
Even if they're on extended assignments, they should at least maintain contact with Natsuki, the principal.
The Megami scans haven't stated that they are pillars. If they were pillars, their rank would've been listed as Go-chuu (五柱 - Five Pillars) and not just meister. They are listed just as meisters.

There you have it, Megami reveals all.
Old 2006-03-04, 22:39   Link #12
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
She moonlights as a race car driver

Quote:
# Maya Bryce (マーヤ・ブライス Māya Buraisu) - A Meister Otome, one of the Five Columns, the Balletic Fluorite (伶踊の蛍石 Reiyō no Botaruishi). *Tan Pillar*
Didn't she guest star in "I Love Genie."
Old 2006-03-04, 22:47   Link #13
ArchDragon
The Ultimate Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob the Fox
The Megami scans haven't stated that they are pillars. If they were pillars, their rank would've been listed as Go-chuu (五柱 - Five Pillars) and not just meister. They are listed just as meisters.

There you have it, Megami reveals all.
I don't pay too much attention to outside sources, but I guess it won't matter since those 2 girls should show up soon anyway.

Personally, I'll consider both Yukariko and Miss Maria as pillars until their official status is revealed.
Old 2006-03-04, 22:57   Link #14
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
So you don't believe that the GEM names for Yukariko and Miss Maria are real or that Maria had lived in Lutecia back when it was a single country?
Old 2006-03-04, 23:48   Link #15
Starks
*Scanlator

Quote:
I don't pay too much attention to outside sources, but I guess it won't matter since those 2 girls should show up soon anyway.

Personally, I'll consider both Yukariko and Miss Maria as pillars until their official status is revealed.
Megami and Newtype are official sources.
Old 2006-03-04, 23:58   Link #16
coefficientX
mayo is yummy~(∇)

Quote:

Apart from the mag scans, in addition, the OP and official website clearly stated that the 2 pillars are someone else.

Any officials related to Garderobe will have Fumi as their master. So one does not have to be 1 of the Pillars to have Fumi as master. The Corals & Pearls are activated thru Fumi too. That means, being teachers, Maria & Yukariko will also have Fumi as their master.

Moreover, 5 Pillars are mentioned as the legendary otomes. That is why all Pearls have to go thru the Shinso Ordeal to see whether they are fit to be the Pillar. And Nao is the last batch of graduating Otomes, so how can it be possible that the other 2 otomes are to fill up Maria and Yukariko's position?

Moreover, if Maria & Yukariko are Pillars, then why is ONLY Shizuru imprisoned?

Last edited by coefficientX; 2006-03-05 at 01:18. Reason: Typo: Corals --> Pearls
Old 2006-03-05, 00:14   Link #17
ArchDragon
The Ultimate Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by coefficientX
Apart from the mag scans, in addition, the OP and official website clearly stated that the 2 pillars are someone else.

Any officials related to Garderobe will have Fumi as their master. So one does not have to be 1 of the Pillars to have Fumi as master. The Corals & Pearls are activated thru Fumi too. That means, being teachers, Maria & Yukariko will also have Fumi as their master.

Moreover, 5 Pillars are mentioned as the legendary otomes. That is why all Corals have to go thru the Shinso Ordeal to see whether they are fit to be the Pillar. And Nao is the last batch of graduating Otomes, so how can it be possible that the other 2 otomes are to fill up Maria and Yukariko's position?

Moreover, if Maria & Yukariko are Pillars, then why is ONLY Shizuru imprisoned?
FYI, I don't read kanji.
So I'll believe it when they reveal it in the anime.
Unless someone is willing to TL the official website for me.

I always thought the only Meisters working for Garderobe are the 5 pillars, but I could be wrong.

You mean Pearls, right?
But I get your point.

Shizuru is the only "troublesome" one, hence the only one imprisoned.
Neither Yukariko nor Miss Maria has put up any resistance whatsoever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob the Fox
So you don't believe that the GEM names for Yukariko and Miss Maria are real or that Maria had lived in Lutecia back when it was a single country?
What does their GEM names has to do with whether or not they're pillars?
As for Miss Maria living in Lutetia in the past, where did you get that?
Old 2006-03-05, 01:06   Link #18
kismis
Rabid Fangirl

Quote:

4. Nao (replacing Mai)
so mai is really gone? i was hoping for a last minute "saving the world" thing with arika.
Old 2006-03-05, 02:03   Link #19
ArchDragon
The Ultimate Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kismis
so mai is really gone? i was hoping for a last minute "saving the world" thing with arika.
Well, she's gone as in she's no longer a pillar.

She'll most likely reappear with a unique master.
Old 2006-03-05, 02:39   Link #20
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kismis
Because Mai vanished without a trace in the series so of course the IVth position is vacant because she was suppose to take it. We the audience know she'll be back but the people in the show don't know.
Closed Thread