AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2006-03-12, 10:01   Link #21
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor

Send a message via AIM to Itachikun Send a message via MSN to Itachikun
Well, better say what Im entering with...

L~Arc En Ciel with Link....

That's right, you heard me...
Itachikun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-13, 02:22   Link #22
indicatoto101

Wow so soon, I haven't even prepared. I'm definately not doing a cappella this time. I need the music to distract the listener from my off-pitch, off-tune, off-key moments. I think I'll do a cowboy beebop piece since my voice range fits better with another guy (Steve Conte) and a low pitched female (Mai).
indicatoto101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-13, 09:36   Link #23
cheyannew
PolyPerson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiemi
Hope you get it to work, but are you sure it's the mic? I had problems earlier and I thought it was the mic, but it was the system's volume being down for mics so I had to scream into the mic to hear myself. After that, my voice sounded awful. We lowered the system's volume a bit (hubby and I), but my voice still sounded awful. We bought a new mic and still, we had the same problem. It turned out our computer's sound projecting system is damaged. It's not the mic and it's not the speakers, but we can't get a new PC... Now I am limited with songs because the very high pitched ones sound horrid when I rec them, even if the volume is low. Lower pitched songs sound a bit better, but still, my entry doesn't sound too nice. For future karacomps I hope to be already in my homeland (I'll be moving in July) and have better luck then.
Well, we got the new computers, and neither headset I have is working (I even bought a new one over the weekend). I don't know what to do at this point, other than reformat to a different OS and I'd really rather not do that LOL!!!
That's what I get for lettinghubby buy premade systems; the one I built didn't have this problem. It was just really old rofl!! It simply doesn't recognize that a mic is plugged in, no matter what plug we put it into.

RIFT | Division | Side 7 Art Archive
cheyannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-13, 23:50   Link #24
Shiemi
Counting days

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyannew
Well, we got the new computers, and neither headset I have is working (I even bought a new one over the weekend). I don't know what to do at this point, other than reformat to a different OS and I'd really rather not do that LOL!!!
That's what I get for lettinghubby buy premade systems; the one I built didn't have this problem. It was just really old rofl!! It simply doesn't recognize that a mic is plugged in, no matter what plug we put it into.
That's very strange indeed. It's worse than our problem for at least I can manage something even if the sound is horrid. Maybe you can rec your entry in a friend's house? I definitely cannot picture anyone bringing his/her mic and headset to rec a karaoke entry in an Internet Cafe.

Anyway, hope you manage an entry, still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itachikun

For real?

Frank Parsons
Shiemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-14, 02:13   Link #25
Cz
Needs more sleep~

Shiemi: Sorry to hear about your computer. You mean the sound card is not working well? That's the closest hardware component I can think of when you say "sound projection system" that's not the speakers or headphones.

cheyannew: Some possible things to check:
  • Does the computer have a sound card? I assume it does, because otherwise where are you trying to plug in your microphone?
  • Does the sound card have a mic-in jack? Usually color-coded red, if it's color-coded at all.
  • Are sound card drivers properly installed?
  • Are the Windows recording controls properly configured? eg. under WinXP, go to Control Panel -> Sounds and Audio Devices -> Voice tab -> make sure a default device has been selected for Voice recording -> click "Volume" -> check that Microphone check box is selected and volume slider is not all the way at the bottom.
Not an exhaustive list, but what I can think of anyway. Now off I go to study for interviews while everyone else happily (I hope) sings their karaoke entries.
Cz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-14, 10:35   Link #26
cheyannew
PolyPerson!

Hehehe Yes; we've checked all that
Even tried on hubby's computer (same system, different OS) and it wouldn't work there either.
Last resort is to go harass my ex and his wife and record there rofl.

RIFT | Division | Side 7 Art Archive
cheyannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-14, 16:01   Link #27
Hellychan
~chibi tenshi~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itachikun

Woohoo!! Yay! Can't wait to hear it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiemi
I definitely cannot picture anyone bringing his/her mic and headset to rec a karaoke entry in an Internet Cafe.
Now, that would be funny

Well, cheyannew, I hope you'll managed to record something

Circular Logic: Maybe try Melissa from Fullmetal Alchemist?
Old 2006-03-14, 21:24   Link #28
GATX207_Blitz
Gobble Gobble

Send a message via MSN to GATX207_Blitz
Quick suggestion/question thinger (for those having issues with the computer to record):

1. Do you have an mp3 player that you can hook up to the computer?
2. Can that mp3 player, like the majority of all mp3 players, record?
3. If you don't have a mp3 player that can do this, perhaps an actual digital recorder?
4. If you don't have any of these... well mp3 players with this function aren't that expensive...
5. If any of the previous mentioned suggestions are too troublesome then I guess there is always next time???

PS I have no idea on the quality although I assume it isn't the greatest, but I suppose its better then no sound at all right???
GATX207_Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-16, 19:38   Link #29
Ogata
Underling

Entered mine in!!
Ogata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-17, 01:23   Link #30
Cz
Needs more sleep~

Ooh, new participant!
"Enter coin...." *ding*
"You have a new challenger!"
More?
Old 2006-03-17, 09:48   Link #31
kcl822
Queen of the Underworld
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to kcl822
Just in case people misunderstood the previous comments - one entry per person.
Only 1!!
Unless you want to change your entry (in case you made a better recording of the song/new song).
If you have more questions, email me first.
And now, time to listen~

PS: I'm working on trying to broadcast the competition on shoutcast on a given time so we can all comment on it as they are being played. Still working on the details so don't get your hopes up just yet.
Old 2006-03-18, 01:08   Link #32
indicatoto101

Quote:
Originally Posted by GATX207_Blitz
Quick suggestion/question thinger (for those having issues with the computer to record):

1. Do you have an mp3 player that you can hook up to the computer?
2. Can that mp3 player, like the majority of all mp3 players, record?
3. If you don't have a mp3 player that can do this, perhaps an actual digital recorder?
4. If you don't have any of these... well mp3 players with this function aren't that expensive...
5. If any of the previous mentioned suggestions are too troublesome then I guess there is always next time???

PS I have no idea on the quality although I assume it isn't the greatest, but I suppose its better then no sound at all right???

I'm using an mp3 player/voice recorder/flash drive to record my song (I'm having doubts entering because school is driving me crazy!!). The quality isn't too great but hey it gets the job done.
indicatoto101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-18, 09:31   Link #33
Circular Logic
土は幻に
*Fansubber

Well, I recorded 'Do You Want To?' by Franz Ferdinand. Yes, it's from Paradise Kiss

Although I'm considering Melissa - thanks for suggesting it Hellychan
Circular Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-18, 11:14   Link #34
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

So many songs I don't know, makes this contest very interesting for me (as listener).
My entry will be the Inuyasha song... yes once again someone does Fukai Mori (not even good btw. ).

@cheyannew,

I wonder what type of headset you are using (USB driven?, Because standard 3.5 mm audio jack plugs should work independetly from the type of soundcard/mashine/OS) . Well maybe it is just too quiet, some soundcards have this microphone boost option. Or it might be broken
It'ld be sad if you could not participate.
Old 2006-03-18, 20:25   Link #35
Shiemi
Counting days

It seems this thread has suddenly become active! Nice! There will be new people too! Yaiiiii!!!

BTW, CheyanneW, were you able to solve your problem? I do hope to listen to your entry!!!

Frank Parsons
Shiemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-19, 03:15   Link #36
Chibi Nasu
Katsu~n wa Hyoutei

Send a message via AIM to Chibi Nasu Send a message via MSN to Chibi Nasu Send a message via Yahoo to Chibi Nasu
I'm thinking of entering, but haven't made up my mind yet ^^;

If I do enter, I'll be singing one of the many Prince of Tennis character songs... just...not sure which one yet ^^;
Chibi Nasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-19, 22:35   Link #37
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Man, this deadline came very fast... I still haven't decided what I'm going to sing . Expect an entry similar to that of my first entry way back last Spring... Bad.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-20, 02:37   Link #38
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy
Man, this deadline came very fast... I still haven't decided what I'm going to sing . Expect an entry similar to that of my first entry way back last Spring... Bad.
We could team up in a "bad entry team" then
Old 2006-03-20, 22:52   Link #39
Red HamsterX
Eien no ai~

Send a message via ICQ to Red HamsterX
Does anyone believe I'll actually submit an entry this time?
Red HamsterX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-20, 23:15   Link #40
Cz
Needs more sleep~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red HamsterX
Does anyone believe I'll actually submit an entry this time?
I'll believe it when I see it.

Tags
karaoke competition