AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2006-03-23, 04:20   Link #61
Shiemi
Counting days

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwl12
LOL. So we're the guinea pigs, eh? j/k

Audacity is certainly a good way to record songs for the karacomp. Better than, say, Sound Recorder on Windows at least.
Yup! I have three official guinea pigs although one of them I've lost contact with. Hope he is alive...

BTW, is the deadline already past as in 12AM of the 23rd or is it really 12AM entering 24th? I wasn't sure about that.

Frank Parsons
Shiemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-23, 08:30   Link #62
cheyannew
PolyPerson!

good question :S

I got a working mic now
hehe
if it's too late, I will have an entry for next time
if it's not too late, I'll send mine to kcl after I record it when I get back from work LOL

RIFT | Division | Side 7 Art Archive
cheyannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-23, 08:33   Link #63
Fome

I think the best program is Nuendo. It's the same program my uncle uses in his recording studio, but it's pretty easy to use. Multiple channels, easy volume automation, equalizer, etc.
Fome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-23, 08:52   Link #64
kcl822
Queen of the Underworld
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to kcl822
Deadline is today at midnight, my friend. Like cinderella - midnight.
Or maybe is because I like the word "midnight"...
But if you are going to be late, the absolute latest possible time is friday at 5 p.m. EST (email me first if you are going to be late).
I need time to organize and stuff, you know. Now... time to hunt down the broadcast people!

EDIT: Lots of people reading this now... what early risers (except for one).
Old 2006-03-23, 11:56   Link #65
Red HamsterX
Eien no ai~

Send a message via ICQ to Red HamsterX
I'd e-mail you, but this is much more convenient.

I'm on the way to school right now, and I just realized I left the file on one of my isolated computers... and I've got class 'til 21:00 EST, followed by out-of-home supper, so I might not get back until *just* before the deadline.

Can I send you a URL in the morning?
Red HamsterX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-23, 18:46   Link #66
kcl822
Queen of the Underworld
*Fansubber

Around 5 hours left until the deadline (unless you contacted me for an extension). So keep them coming~

And RHX - you lazy bum!!
EDIT: Very........ interesting choice of song
Old 2006-03-23, 19:20   Link #67
Red HamsterX
Eien no ai~

So basket sent the old version to you? That's good.

I was hoping to get a chance to redo it, but at least I didn't mess up too badly in the version you have. (It's the only one I've managed to do in one take, so... yeah. I could probably hack one together from school, but it would be made from parts of other recordings, and I think that counts as cheating)

I just hope I don't indirectly kill too many people...
Old 2006-03-23, 19:30   Link #68
Shiemi
Counting days

Eep! I managed to redo my song, but yousendit is not working for me. Any suggestions on another program or should I attempt to attach the song to the e-mail?

Frank Parsons
Old 2006-03-23, 19:33   Link #69
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiemi
Eep! I managed to redo my song, but yousendit is not working for me. Any suggestions on another program or should I attempt to attach the song to the e-mail?
Attaching the song to an e-mail should work fine unless you are on 56k, which might be slow.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-23, 19:34   Link #70
basket
World's first BBSing cat

Send a message via ICQ to basket Send a message via AIM to basket Send a message via MSN to basket Send a message via Yahoo to basket Send a message via Skype™ to basket
Quote:
Dropload? (You need to register for an account but it's free and usually quite reliable)

Or just send it in e-mail.
Old 2006-03-23, 19:35   Link #71
Shiemi
Counting days

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy
Attaching the song to an e-mail should work fine unless you are on 56k, which might be slow.
Thanks! I'm doing that right now as I have DSL and the attachment is obviously under 10.0 MB.

Edit: Thanks basket. I'm attempting through my Yahoo account.

Edit 2: Done! Phew!

Frank Parsons
Old 2006-03-23, 19:36   Link #72
kcl822
Queen of the Underworld
*Fansubber

RHX - I think it killed me, and I'm undead.
I knew you would choose something to try to kill me, so I wasn't *that* surprised. And yes, "hacking" songs are not allowed - one take only. That's the fun part of it, you know.
Old 2006-03-23, 19:44   Link #73
basket
World's first BBSing cat

Send a message via ICQ to basket Send a message via AIM to basket Send a message via MSN to basket Send a message via Yahoo to basket Send a message via Skype™ to basket
Quote:
Edit 2: Done! Phew!
Yay, creepy kawaii goodness! "Shiemi and the Screaming Tots"

(Just kidding... )
Old 2006-03-23, 19:48   Link #74
Red HamsterX
Eien no ai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcl822
RHX - I think it killed me, and I'm undead.
I knew you would choose something to try to kill me, so I wasn't *that* surprised. And yes, "hacking" songs are not allowed - one take only. That's the fun part of it, you know.
Yes... Fun...

You have no idea how many times I had to start over because I swapped syllables. <.<
Old 2006-03-23, 19:50   Link #75
Shiemi
Counting days

Quote:
Originally Posted by basket
Yay, creepy kawaii goodness! "Shiemi and the Screaming Tots"

(Just kidding... )
Ha! You have no idea how many times I had to redo entire parts because when I listened to them I could hear in the background Aimi saying, "Oishii! Oishii!" And then I thought she was quiet and suddenly, just when I was finishing a perfect part she suddenly screamed: "Mamaaaaaaa!" And Emi joined her announcing she had to use the loo.

Hellychan, it can't be that difficult for you, right? I mean, toddlers must be worse to control!
Edit: Unless you simply want to be alone to feel less embarrassment.

Frank Parsons
Old 2006-03-23, 20:06   Link #76
basket
World's first BBSing cat

Quote:
Ha! You have no idea how many times I had to redo entire parts because when I listened to them I could hear in the background Aimi saying, "Oishii! Oishii!" And then I thought she was quiet and suddenly, just when I was finishing a perfect part she suddenly screamed: "Mamaaaaaaa!" And Emi joined her announcing she had to use the loo.
Oh dear... Perhaps there's a song suited for that though? Like music with children yelling in the background

Or if you can convince them to sing properly, then you could enter with them for the duet competition.
Old 2006-03-23, 20:13   Link #77
Hellychan
~chibi tenshi~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red HamsterX
If you value your sense of sound, you shouldn't be so eager to hear my submission, Hellychan.
Hehe, that makes me want to hear it even more

Quote:
LOL, that must be cute ^^

Quote:
Hellychan, it can't be that difficult for you, right? I mean, toddlers must be worse to control!
Hmm...well, right now the situation has changed a little ^^; We have a little baby at home (my nephew)

Quote:
Edit: Unless you simply want to be alone to feel less embarrassment.
But yeah, that's exactly the reason

I didn't have the chance to redo the song , so I sent the last one to kcl and I have to say that the recording quality is rather bad this time ( Shiemi, your recording of Sousei no Aquarion is cristal clear compared to mine ), I don't know why ( I used the same mic as last time ) Oh well, I hope it won't break your ears
Old 2006-03-23, 22:49   Link #78
Shiemi
Counting days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellychan
Hmm...well, right now the situation has changed a little ^^; We have a little baby at home (my nephew)
Whoa! That must be tough! You would only manage when the baby sleeps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellychan
But yeah, that's exactly the reason

I didn't have the chance to redo the song , so I sent the last one to kcl and I have to say that the recording quality is rather bad this time ( Shiemi, your recording of Sousei no Aquarion is cristal clear compared to mine ), I don't know why ( I used the same mic as last time ) Oh well, I hope it won't break your ears
LOL Crystal clear?

Hmm, it seems that this will be the low quality/bad sound karacomp. That will be unique.

Well, hope there are many entries...

Frank Parsons
Old 2006-03-23, 23:09   Link #79
cheyannew
PolyPerson!

o.O

I sing in front of groups of people in the band I'm in...
I sing in front of many people for karaoke..

But I won't sing in front of my hubby/roomy...
*sigh*

RIFT | Division | Side 7 Art Archive
cheyannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 00:23   Link #80
Kent
Uber-Dork

Sorry for the late reply. Something came up and I couldn't record my entry in time. I can send it in early tomorrow afternoon. I hope that's alright. Thanks! ^__^
Kent is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
karaoke competition