AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2009-01-08, 00:55   Link #21
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

The Sea is somewhat fun, but it is still very much a work in progress. There aren't yet any really awesome rewards in that area, though some are interesting. Fortunately there is a new undersea zone every two weeks, and I don't doubt that it is definitely developing into a awesome area. Though it might take another month before it is really a "must adventure" sort of place.

According to a friend of mine the place is too darn hard to adventure in without skills/equipment that he lacks unless he was to level-up a lot. He was an unascended level 15 Seal Clubber and got smashed there anytime he tried to go in. Eventually he ascended and vowed to return once he became more skilled or got some powerful gear. You'll probably find it easier than he did since as a Turtle Tamer you have Hero of the Half-shell.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 12:09   Link #22
gelato_

well, i'm done with this run. Havent ascend yet though. Took a trip to the sea floor, Got one-hit-killed by a octopus gardener even though i had Hero of the Half Shell. lol. So i'd decided to perm Amphibian Sympathy, but have not decide what's the next class to play. Most probably before i get to read your reply, i would have gone through to become a disco bandit... i guess its natural to go for advance cocktail crafting if i want shorter runs here-on.

PS: tried my hand on the money making game...... went bankrupt now lolol........ ;_;

teh hell!!1!??
(courtesy of riker's carnivorous bunny)
gelato_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 16:50   Link #23
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by gelato_ View Post
well, i'm done with this run. Havent ascend yet though. Took a trip to the sea floor, Got one-hit-killed by a octopus gardener even though i had Hero of the Half Shell. lol.
Ouch! Stuff down there can get pretty strong. On one hand that is nice for people who want to level up to 30+ and still have something do do, but for folks who like to ascend it can be really tough to play down there between ascensions unless you have plexiglass and brimstone gear and perhaps potions as well. (I guess that gear spoils me a bit.) You might have had to boost your strength for Hero of the Half Shell to save you, but that might have gotten more expensive than you like.

Anyway, the Sea got more interesting yesterday now that it has introduced class specific skills down there. So far there are just two skills, for Saucerors and Pastmancers: Deep Saucery and Tempuramancy. Those are crafting skills that require raw materials that can only be found under the sea. Those are powerful stuff, but useless in a hardcore ascension. I'm a tiny bit jealous of unascending and normal core players for being able to make use of such things, but not jealous enough to actually play softcore. I'm very interested to see what skills appear for moxie and muscle classes to use, though of course they'll be useless for hardcore ascending also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gelato_
PS: tried my hand on the money making game...... went bankrupt now lolol........ ;_;
I took one look at the rules for the mmg and decided not to bother to play. A 50% chance to double your money means you need to run just to stand still, unless you get lucky.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2009-01-12, 20:54   Link #24
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

I tried to fight the Cobb King... Or... Goblin King or... Uhh... Whatever they are.
It did not end well for me. >.>
Old 2009-01-12, 21:26   Link #25
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

Send a message via MSN to ClockWorkAngel
Just started, a level 7 Disco Bandit (Add me Clockworkangel) with my second pet: Patty the 6 pound Leprechaun (Got a 22 pound misquito)!

Credit To Risa-chan!
ClockWorkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-23, 15:27   Link #26
gelato_

Doing through with a DB now. Working the gallery to level 8 now. NSW would you happen to know where are the best places (pre-island war) to farm for booze? You know, the basic booze like rum, gin, vodka etc..

teh hell!!1!??
(courtesy of riker's carnivorous bunny)
gelato_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-23, 17:48   Link #27
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by gelato_ View Post
Doing through with a DB now. Working the gallery to level 8 now. NSW would you happen to know where are the best places (pre-island war) to farm for booze? You know, the basic booze like rum, gin, vodka etc..
Sure. The "Fun" House is a good place. The shaky clown can drop every type of basic booze. There's also The Menagerie Level 3 where the Booze Giant will do the same.

You can also get a lot of rum at the Pirate's Cove.

Finally, there's always the Barrel Full of Barrels. There's a trick to figuring out what you're likely to get in each section. This spoiler explains the basics. For greater accuracy this spreadsheet works out the exact probabilities.

There are some other places that drop booze, but these are the most rewarding.

Old 2009-01-23, 18:00   Link #28
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

Send a message via MSN to ClockWorkAngel
Me and my mates made a Guild, we're all peppy over the game. Good times ahead.

What level wshould I go fight the Naughty scorceress? I'm currently 11!

Credit To Risa-chan!
ClockWorkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-24, 01:21   Link #29
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockWorkAngel View Post
Me and my mates made a Guild, we're all peppy over the game. Good times ahead.

What level wshould I go fight the Naughty scorceress? I'm currently 11!
Fighting the Sorceress isn't an option until the Council gives you the quest.

Spoiler for When to fight the sorceress: