AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-05-16, 10:26   Link #1
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: AnimeSuki Forums
Love ♥ Love ?

M.O.E. has created the slogan "Poison x Pure = Love^2" in their advertising for Love Love. Many of us assumed that the "Poison" meant Cosprayers, "Pure" meant Smash Hit!, and "Love^2" meant Love Love. Oh, how wrong we were. It seems that both Cosprayers and Love Love are poison, and it's a poison so potent no attempts at purification can make any difference whatsoever.

Love Love is a show so terrible, so horrific, and just plain awful, that The Triad, the only group that has subbed the two series before it, has thrown in the towel. No other fansub groups have stepped up to the plate - until now, that is.

I was talking to Dragosmore a couple of weeks ago when Love Love first aired. He told me that there was no way he was going to translate it, and if he wasn't going to do it then The Triad wouldn't do it. So, I told him to post in the fansub groups forum saying whether or not The Triad would do it, and if nobody picked it up, I'd add the subtitles in myself.

He thought I was just fooling around, but I was actually quite serious. No other groups picked it up, so I had to take matters into my own hands. Thus, [JAR]'s (short for Jellyfish Anime Reviews) version of Love Love was created.

The first episode was listed in AnimeSuki for a short amount of time. I don't know who put it up, but it wasn't me. However, it seems that because someone listed it, both Love Love and JAR are in the AnimeSuki database, meaning that JAR is now an official fansub group. Since Love Love is being fansubbed by a group that has been listed in AnimeSuki, I have decided to create this thread informing you people of my fansub.

Here are all of the episodes that have been released thus far:

Episodes 1-4:
Torrent

Episodes 5-8:
Torrent

Episode 8.2:
Torrent

Episode 8.4
Torrent

Episode 8.6
Torrent

Well, enjoy! I'll keep you all updated as I complete more of these episodes. Hopefully a real group will pick it up, or I'll suddenly gain a translator out of thin air, because seeing it subbed seriously is important. Then again, it will probably be less enjoyable than these partial fake-subs.

Last edited by boneyjellyfish; 2004-11-21 at 14:00.
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-16, 10:45   Link #2
Kiro
chocolate overdose
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Germany/Berlin
Age: 32
just watched the first ep. um ... will there be a plot or is this going panty all the way?

could anyone explain in detail, how those shows are connected to each other or where i can get infos on this? and most importantly, is there any reason to watch any of these shows?

edit: i forgot, allthoguh i'm gratefull for your subbing and think it was well done (i don't speak a word japanese though so i can't say anything about the accuracy), i think, it would be better, if you'd splitt some of the dialougues into smaller chunks.
it sometimes ruines the pace or even some jokes, if you know, what a character will say in in the next 10 seconds. maybe part of it is because i'm a relatively fast reader.
Kiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-16, 10:48   Link #3
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: AnimeSuki Forums
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiro
just watched the first ep. um ... will there be a plot or is this going panty all the way?

could anyone explain in detail, how those shows are connected to each other or where i can get infos on this? and most importantly, is there any reason to watch any of these shows?
Cosprayers is the show you need to watch in order to understand Smash Hit (the making of Cosprayers), and Smash Hit is the show you need to watch in order to understand Love Love. Love Love is basically about the high school life of several Cosprayers cast members. By some coincidence, he and all of the girls end up going to the same high school and they ALL have a crush on him.

What reason would you possibly need to watch more ANIME?!

Quote:
edit: i forgot, allthoguh i'm gratefull for your subbing and think it was well done (i don't speak a word japanese though so i can't say anything about the accuracy), i think, it would be better, if you'd splitt some of the dialougues into smaller chunks.
it sometimes ruines the pace or even some jokes, if you know, what a character will say in in the next 10 seconds. maybe part of it is because i'm a relatively fast reader.
Yeah, that was one of the things I just had to fix in the second episode. The second episode flows MUCH smoother than the first episode, with many more breaks in subtitles.
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-16, 10:54   Link #4
Kiro
chocolate overdose
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Germany/Berlin
Age: 32
edited my last post.

thx for the info. so i guess, i have to try out the other shows first.
Kiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-16, 11:14   Link #5
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: AnimeSuki Forums
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiro
thx for the info. so i guess, i have to try out the other shows first.
Though you might find my fansub of Love Love funnier if you watch both Cosprayers and Smash Hit! beforehand, I wouldn't recommend watching either of them. You'll probably still enjoy the JAR sub of Love Love anyway, you just won't really get all the story (not like there is much of one).

If there is ever a real sub of Love Love being released... you'd probably have to watch Cosprayers and Smash Hit! before watching it.
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-16, 11:33   Link #6
Bullsquat
Strange Love
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Thanks boneyjellyfsh. I don't care how stupid it is. I just want to see the trilogy complete.

Kudos for the Triad for taking a chance on Smash Hit! and now I thank you for taking your time on this series.
__________________
Bullsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-16, 12:35   Link #7
Dragosmore
Translator
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: New York
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Dragosmore
Triad will be finishing Smash Hit even if we're not doing Love <3 Love :P I watch JAR's version out of pure comedy. For those here watching it, I suggest only watching it for the raw content because in the episodes maybe 1 or 2 lines are translated correctly ^^: Its a great hilarity sub though :P
__________________
Signature removed by a Moderator because it was too big
Dragosmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-16, 17:53   Link #8
Quarkboy
Anime Translator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Age: 35
Send a message via AIM to Quarkboy
I'd just like to say that as someone with a limited knowledge of Japanese that the subs were actually reasonably accurate in places... maybe like, 60-75% of the meaning got through. For a show like this, I say good enough.

And after one episode, even comparing it to smash hit and cosprayers, it is just so so awful. I mean, let's review what happened, shall we: (Spoiler alert but no one cares)

1. Ooizumi videotapes cosprayer girls at beach in bikinis.
2. Ooizumi goes to school, and is accosted by the girls as he arrives one by one.
3. Ooizumi sits under a tree, and is accosted by the final girl.

End. Aaaargh! I don't see how a show could get any worse. I think I'm going to come up with the Love Love drinking game at this rate.
__________________
Yomiuri Television Enterprise
International Media Strategy Chief
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-16, 18:58   Link #9
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: AnimeSuki Forums
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy
I'd just like to say that as someone with a limited knowledge of Japanese that the subs were actually reasonably accurate in places... maybe like, 60-75% of the meaning got through. For a show like this, I say good enough.

And after one episode, even comparing it to smash hit and cosprayers, it is just so so awful. I mean, let's review what happened, shall we: (Spoiler alert but no one cares)

1. Ooizumi videotapes cosprayer girls at beach in bikinis.
2. Ooizumi goes to school, and is accosted by the girls as he arrives one by one.
3. Ooizumi sits under a tree, and is accosted by the final girl.

End. Aaaargh! I don't see how a show could get any worse. I think I'm going to come up with the Love Love drinking game at this rate.
If that's the way you feel, then I guess you should be glad I didn't include the preview for episode three in my fansub. ^^;;
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-16, 19:52   Link #10
Yamano667
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The moon :)
Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
Love♥Love OAV

Love♥Love OAV
So this series is going to be 8 episodes?
I hope it comes with a great soundtrack
Yamano667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-17, 00:20   Link #11
FeiFongWong
Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: California
Saw Love Love on anime.mircx and didn't give it much thought as I passed it by, but then I read this thread and decided to download it. I really liked the song you used in the intro, it was on VH1's worst songs of all time list Anyways after watching it, I decided to download Cosplayers then Smash Hit! after that.

LOL, your subs were so dam funny, I hope a group picks this up, or you pull a translator out of thin air, I really wanna know whats really going on.

Thxs for subbing this and thxs for the thread explaining it
FeiFongWong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-17, 01:19   Link #12
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: AnimeSuki Forums
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeiFongWong
Saw Love Love on anime.mircx and didn't give it much thought as I passed it by, but then I read this thread and decided to download it. I really liked the song you used in the intro, it was on VH1's worst songs of all time list Anyways after watching it, I decided to download Cosplayers then Smash Hit! after that.

LOL, your subs were so dam funny, I hope a group picks this up, or you pull a translator out of thin air, I really wanna know whats really going on.

Thxs for subbing this and thxs for the thread explaining it
You're welcome! It's fun doing it, and it's even more fun seeing that people enjoyed it. For those of you who haven't heard the song I have played in the "editor's note" in the beginning, it's an excerpt from "Mmm Mmm Mmm" by Crash Test Dummies. It's a pretty awful song, fitting for a pretty awful anime.

I'm sorry that my sub of Love Love drove you to download Cosprayers and Smash Hit. I'm sorry to say that after watching them, you will definitely be scarred for life. I'm not just talking about mentally scarred, your body is actually going to become spontaneously wounded in several areas due to the massive suckage of Cosprayers.

I'm actually not very interested in subbing this for real, unless someone wants to do it with me. The purpose of this project is to create enough interest in Love Love to hopefully have a real group do it. However, if no groups want to do it even after that (and that understandable, the show stinks), I'll gladly do it if a translator is also willing.

Anyway, I had a lot of time on my hands today, so I created a v2 of the first episode. It hopefully fixed most of the problems you guys had with the original release (hopefully).

Due to the fact that episode 1 was riddled with errors, I have done the expected: released a corrected version of the first episode. Included in this episode is completely re-done timing, smoother subtitle flow, corrected grammar, and some other minor changes that, when added up, necessitated a second release.

Also, I completely redid the ending. It now has all of the effects from the ending in the second episode, but now it's all much neater and there are a few little surprises you'll have to download to find out.

If you download this, please delete your old version. Also, please seed this version if you are seeding the first release. If you have any problems connected to the tracker, just try again in a few minutes and it'll be resolved. My tracker = teh suq. Also, as of my writing this, I'm the only seeder, so it's all a matter of first-come-first-serve. I'll only have four open connections, and the upload cap that my ISP gives me is 25KB/s.

Here is the download location:
Torrent File

Enjoy!

Oh, by the way, does anyone know how to get on scarywater? I want to get on a nice, quick tracker.
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-17, 02:26   Link #13
LordBrian
Triad's Friendly Editor
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Age: 33
You made a v2 for a parody sub? -_-
LordBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-17, 02:30   Link #14
babbito2k
annoying white bat
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
This is going to turn out to be one of those things that took more effort to sub than to actually produce.

No matter how bad this is (and damn, the other two shows were painful), I predict ADV will license the entire trilogy by the end of the year.
__________________
babbito2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-17, 08:23   Link #15
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: AnimeSuki Forums
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBrian
You made a v2 for a parody sub? -_-
I had a lot of free time this weekend.
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-17, 08:34   Link #16
TronDD
Team the box!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Badside
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyjellyfish
For those of you who haven't heard the song I have played in the "editor's note" in the beginning, it's an excerpt from "Mmm Mmm Mmm" by Crash Test Dummies. It's a pretty awful song, fitting for a pretty awful anime.
Oh come on, that songs rocks! Freckled shcool kids, lurching in church, white hair. It has it all.
TronDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-17, 15:43   Link #17
Kurosaki Takeshi
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
coolz!! i was waiting for someone to release this show. only problem's that i can't seem to hear any sound, what codec is it in? and the torrent for ep 2 kept on saying that it can't connect because it has too many connections connecting to it.
Kurosaki Takeshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-17, 15:47   Link #18
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: AnimeSuki Forums
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosaki Takeshi
coolz!! i was waiting for someone to release this show. only problem's that i can't seem to hear any sound, what codec is it in? and the torrent for ep 2 kept on saying that it can't connect because it has too many connections connecting to it.
I have an awkward way of encoding. I used XviD for the video, and DivX for the audio. o.O

Also, as I said before, it'll often say that there are too many connections. Just try to get it again in a couple of minutes. The reason this happens is because whoever runs the tracker is using mysql_pconnect() instead of mysql_connect(). I don't understand why the webmaster would do that...
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-17, 16:12   Link #19
Kurosaki Takeshi
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyjellyfish
I have an awkward way of encoding. I used XviD for the video, and DivX for the audio. o.O

Also, as I said before, it'll often say that there are too many connections. Just try to get it again in a couple of minutes. The reason this happens is because whoever runs the tracker is using mysql_pconnect() instead of mysql_connect(). I don't understand why the webmaster would do that...
eh?? so how do i work it? gomen, i'm such a n00b at this

and about the connection, thanks, i'll try back in a few hours or so.
Kurosaki Takeshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-17, 16:37   Link #20
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: AnimeSuki Forums
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosaki Takeshi
eh?? so how do i work it? gomen, i'm such a n00b at this

and about the connection, thanks, i'll try back in a few hours or so.
For playback help, please refer to this thread. If, after following all of the steps in that guide, you still can't get the audio to work, please send me a private message and I'll help you get some codecs that should help you out.

Don't wait a few hours, it should work again after about 10-30 seconds.
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
harem, loli

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:59.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.