AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-08-03, 06:43   Link #41
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli
That sounds very interesting....dam i would like to see what Char would say to Rau. I dont usually play th SRWs...but are the games actually related storyline wise? Or is every episode in its own continuity?
Hmmm Char didn't talk to Raww though, only Amuro, but both talked to Ghingnham.

SRW comes in multiple sets each with a continueing storyline, then there are some stand alone titles.

The latest SRW line is SRW Alpha, with 4 'episodes', 1, Gaiden, 2 and 3.

In 1, the story begins after the 1 year war has ended, Amuro is a war hero and legend, Char used the identity of Quattro and he joins your side, the Londo Bell. All other Gundam stories are compressed into a huge plot, 0083, Zeta, Double Zeta, Victory and Wing all exist at the same time. Explaining what happened will take more than just a post lol. Also because its a Kamille thread, I must mention somethign about him. In Alpha Kamille manages to save Four, instead of getting her killed. Four joins your side. Also he didn't get a mind blast from Scirocco.

In Gaiden, meaning side story, your dudes which have been renamed from the Londo Bell to the Preventers at the end of SRWA1, gets sent into the future where the Earth is trashed by the 2 apocalyptic weapons, namely Gundam X and Turn A Gundam. There you can have Amuro and Char meet Ghingnham, who was more than excited to fight with the 2 legendary newtype pilots. Here, Kamille gets to fight and save Rosamia, who was found by the Gundam X villians that are gathering Newtypes. He trashes Rosamia's Psycho MKII with the Waverider Crash attack.

In Alpha 2, Quattro finally returns to Zeon and like CCA, is planning to throw colonies onto the planet. Of course your dudes, won't allow him to do this and everyone was quite reluctant to fight against an old comrade. Everyone has a whole bunch of stuff to argue with Char. And of course he dies lol

In Alpha 3, ZAFT and Blue Cosmos are starting up another war. The newtypes were really amazed at Kira's abilities, Amuro tried to guide him, telling him to channel his will to protect into power. So Kira channeled his will to protect Fllay and those events that happened in the show took place lol. Kou told Kira that this is a war and if he doesn't defeat the opponent, he will be defeated, for this he SEEDs and 'kills' Bartfelt. Kamille once again got into war depression after Kira and Tohru was killed by Athrun. He recovers after seeing Buster and Justice defend Orb, he realised that he wasn't trying hard enough and appears when Yazan was about to kill Uzumi.

About Raww meeting the newtypes. They sensed huge negative pressure within him. His mind was described as twisted and full of hatred lol

Raww babbles about spacenoids and such and stuff like humans have been fighting with each other and should really be destroyed. Amuro thinks that this man is heading a path similar to what Char did, but for a true evil purpose.

lol the storyline of SRW Alpha is too big to fit into a single post. This is all I can say for now.

Edit: lol there seems to be quite abit of typing errors here and there.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/

Last edited by C.A.; 2006-08-03 at 06:56.
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-03, 07:31   Link #42
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Hmmmm the story sounds wierd and stretched. But I guess the real gem of the game is when you can see your favourite characters interact with each other in an impossible way.

Anyway, I wonder why Tomino has done so little with Kamille. He kept expanding major characters such as Bright, Amuro and Char but all the other characters seem to just dissapear in the UC timeline. Maybe he tries not to expand Kamille's life story because he hated Zeta? It would be nice if they just made a short OVA showing how all the characters who survived from One Year War, Gryps, etc are doing after CCA. Its kinda sad how everyone is gone by the end of CCA, only Bright and Astonage is left and still in service.
Old 2006-08-03, 12:56   Link #43
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Hmmmm the story sounds wierd and stretched. But I guess the real gem of the game is when you can see your favourite characters interact with each other in an impossible way.

Anyway, I wonder why Tomino has done so little with Kamille. He kept expanding major characters such as Bright, Amuro and Char but all the other characters seem to just dissapear in the UC timeline. Maybe he tries not to expand Kamille's life story because he hated Zeta? It would be nice if they just made a short OVA showing how all the characters who survived from One Year War, Gryps, etc are doing after CCA. Its kinda sad how everyone is gone by the end of CCA, only Bright and Astonage is left and still in service.
Astonage's dead, he gets sucked outside the Ra Kailum during an explosion, and it is EXTREMELY EXTREMELY easy to miss.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-03, 13:40   Link #44
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Actually I saw Char's Counter Attack this morning and I saw the scene you were talking about. It should be when Astonage tries to convince Chang not to leave with the Re-GZ, he fails and she flies away, seconds later a missile comes and blows up a part of Ra Cailum. However I dont think that actually hit Astonage or killed him or anything, he seems far enough from the explosion in the first place and even if the wave got him he would have flown back into the hangar instead of out of space (besides he has jet packs and that magnetic string shooter).

Maybe he does die in the novel version, but i doubt he does in the movie. Even though he doesnt play a big role at all its quite mean to kill of a character with a name that survived for so many series in mere seconds without anyone screaming "NO! ASTONAGE!!!!".
Old 2006-08-03, 15:28   Link #45
dom33
Pat:TAISAAAAA!

i remember that scene, he trys to stop her, she gets in and flys away, missles come there's a boom we don't see him anymore, he's dead.
WhiteWings:To this day I don't know what the insanity behind the decision to release the first GSD ending. My God that was without a doubt the worst ending I had ever seen in my life in a anime series.
Blizzer: He already has special powers called super pheromone powers which makes him irresistable to Sekirei's in heat.
dom33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-03, 16:26   Link #46
Soluzar

Send a message via AIM to Soluzar Send a message via MSN to Soluzar Send a message via Yahoo to Soluzar
Quote:
That sounds very interesting....dam i would like to see what Char would say to Rau. I dont usually play th SRWs...but are the games actually related storyline wise? Or is every episode in its own continuity?
Much like Gundam, each SRW series has its own continuity. Alpha has four episodes, but there are also other series, and other one-shot games.If you're interested, Mark Neidengard has written a complete story translation for SRW Alpha. You'll find the four huge documents on GameFAQs. In the case of three of the guides, it's worth pointing out that Mark has only chosen one of the four possible routes through the story.

One of the most interesting thing about SRW games is the Banpresto Original characters and mecha. After I'd been playing these games for a while, I started to find the originals a bigger draw than the licensed properties.

The Crumbling Biscuit.
Soluzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-03, 16:37   Link #47
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
I also saw the scene in CCA with Astonaige. I remember clearly that there was a somewhat small red stain on his normal suit after the explosion after he bounced off that Jegan. He was hit and killed by debris from that explosion.

Also, I can't remember what the credits said (whether or not he was on the list), but I could swear that was Torres (from Zeta and ZZ) on the bridge of the Ra Kalium in CCA. He had the same VA and the same character design, just nobody called him by name, so I can't be certain. I'd have to take another look at the cast list in the credits.
Old 2006-08-04, 00:24   Link #48
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Oh and Bright Noah dies to

Spoiler:
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-04, 02:28   Link #49
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama

Spoiler:
That's Tomino for you.
Old 2006-08-04, 05:30   Link #50
jonli
JONLIの憂'

After reading that, i wanted to swear....
Old 2006-08-04, 05:51   Link #51
Poseidal
Knight of Cheome

It's a good thing Hathaway's Flash is non-canon then, isn't it?

(it follows the CCA novelisation and not the movie, and the animation takes priority in UC canon storyline over novels)
Poseidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-04, 06:16   Link #52
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Yea it isnt but its still terrible to know that Bright dies due to depression...and I thought he would die of old age .

So who are the survivors? Kamille and Fa only survivors of the original Argama team? Kai? Sayla? Mirai? Alive?
Old 2006-08-04, 11:48   Link #53
NeonZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama

Spoiler:
No, he doesn't... Hathway Flash doesn't fit with the animated UC timeline because in that novel Hathway was the one who killed Quess, and that's an important part of the plot.
NeonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-04, 16:01   Link #54
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

People have to remember that although CCA is the canon its not the original and only story since Beltorchika's Children is the other telling of CCA.

Secondly to call Hathaway's Flash non-canon is kinda hard since they treat it as complete canon by including it in G-Generation Zero and F games and putting it chronologically as well in terms of what you can play.
Sety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-05, 01:31   Link #55
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sety
People have to remember that although CCA is the canon its not the original and only story since Beltorchika's Children is the other telling of CCA.
That doesn't make any sense. The events of Beltorchika's Children and Char's Counterattack are contradictory, so there can be only one true version of what happened. CCA is the much more important work, so it's only logical for its events to supersede those in the novel. After all, no one really treats the events in the MSG novels seriously in these kinds of discussions, so why should we treat these other novels differently?

The games are in a similar boat. They are definitely the least important Gundam works, so they work as very weak support for arguments of canonicity.
Old 2006-10-11, 11:29   Link #56
Vambran_Matrell

Send a message via AIM to Vambran_Matrell
Smile Is Kamille in ZZ Gundam?

I loved Zeta gundam and i was wondering what happened to Kamille. I know he is not in CCA..so ya..
Vambran_Matrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-11, 11:41   Link #57
Renegade334
Exitus Acta Probat
*Graphic Designer

In the first eps, I think he's seen as a living vegetable but he recovers at the end of the series - but, IIRC, he doesn't take part in ZZ's battles due to his state. He spent the whole time recovering from Scirocco's final mind attack.

-- Permanently retired from the raw-hunting business --
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-11, 12:52   Link #58
Vambran_Matrell

Send a message via AIM to Vambran_Matrell
Thanks that helps..Is there a ZZ gundam english dub,and any idea were i can buy it on dvd.
Vambran_Matrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-11, 13:11   Link #59
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

He appears at about the halfway point of the series and helps Puru out in a battle though. He's also there for the colony drop.
Old 2006-10-11, 14:22   Link #60
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Ping!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Yeah..Kamille is a pretty minor character throughout ZZ.

Doesn't really participate THAT much except for the occasional "call" he makes that Judau and Puru and other Newtypes can hear and warns them about things. No more mobile suit battles for him, unfortunately. (some battles probably would've turned out a bit better if he had been in the Zeta Gundam, though)

Though, early on, he seems sort of like Rosamia or Four in some ways (saying like "The sky is falling!" and other things that don't seem to make much sense), but he recovers by the end of the series.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote