AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-01-15, 19:21   Link #81
kiramuro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
Actually, it was quite believable since Judau is arguably just as powerful, if not more power than, Kamille and everyone knows that the ZZ is well over twice as fast and powerful as the Zeta was as well. Pit something like those two against a year-old model like the Qubeley and it's not so surprising, especially since Haman seemed to be much more affected by Judau than anyone else besides Char way back when.
I don't see how ZZ is twice as fast as zeta. The animation in the show certainly didin't show it. Anyways it was an anticlimatic fight with a shitty ending. Haman didn't even use the funnels on her Quebley and she committed suicide which I didn't like at all.

Quote:
There wouldn't be much point to Kamille being CCA since it's pretty clear in ZZ that he gave up piloting MS with his "enlightenment" from recovering from Scirocco's mind attack
We only saw flashes of Kamille dancing with Fa at the end of ZZ. There was hardly any evidence that indicates Kamille had become a pacifist. Even if he did however I think events in CCA would easily force him out of retirement the same way the events in Zeta forced Amuro out of his retirement.

Quote:
and Haman would be even worse since it's clear that she and Char would not get along at all so why waste another portion of UC with another internal conflict with Neo Zeon when it's already been done with Haman and Glemy (who originally WAS going to be Char before the script rewriting into CCA and such).
It would be hard to write a believable role for Haman in CCA but I think it could be done. ZZ's ending would need to rewritten of course (to something like a temporary cease-fire between the Axis and Aueg). Glemy's rebellion should be removed from the UC timeline. I also thought that Char in CCA had gone off partially into the deep end so it's not farfetched that he would actually agree to work with Haman. Haman of course would welcome back Char with open arms.

Last edited by kiramuro; 2007-01-15 at 19:36.
kiramuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-15, 23:00   Link #82
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiramuro View Post
I don't see how ZZ is twice as fast as zeta. The animation in the show certainly didin't show it. Anyways it was an anticlimatic fight with a shitty ending. Haman didn't even use the funnels on her Quebley and she committed suicide which I didn't like at all.

We only saw flashes of Kamille dancing with Fa at the end of ZZ. There was hardly any evidence that indicates Kamille had become a pacifist. Even if he did however I think events in CCA would easily force him out of retirement the same way the events in Zeta forced Amuro out of his retirement.

It would be hard to write a believable role for Haman in CCA but I think it could be done. ZZ's ending would need to rewritten of course (to something like a temporary cease-fire between the Axis and Aueg). Glemy's rebellion should be removed from the UC timeline. I also thought that Char in CCA had gone off partially into the deep end so it's not farfetched that he would actually agree to work with Haman. Haman of course would welcome back Char with open arms.

What are you talking about?? She used at least 15+ funnels in her fight with Judau (believe me, I counted, 7 were blown away by the double beam rifle, 2 more were slashed away and then 4 more were destroyed inside the debris of Axis and 2 more were used in an attempt to ambush Judau before the final strikes were made). This shows that either the written specs aren't entirely accurate or the Qubeley was upgraded. However, there was no sign of that since the tail binder was not any larger than before.

And really, what else could she do aside from being captured??? Once she lost her bottom torso and hands, she was pretty much defenseless to fight back.

Kamille is not Amuro. While Amuro may feel some sort of obligation or that it's his duty to fight like he does, Kamille may have completely different thoughts.

And Haman already gave Char the chance(s) to rejoin her and lead Neo Zeon with her, but he refuses each time simply because of the fact that her ideals are pretty much no different than the original Zabi family was, which is exactly what he was against and wanted to lead them with the ideals of Deikun (albeit, misguided).

That's why he was so determined not to join with her and even so emotionally reacted with seeing how she manipulated Mineva into seeming like one. And seeing as how Haman didn't seem to make anymore efforts to persuade him to join her, I don't think she'd go so far as to welcome him back with open arms.

Seeing as how the two acted in Zeta Gundam, it would be MORE unbelievable to suddenly have them working side by side like that and would require even more rewriting of not just ZZ, but of Zeta as well.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-16, 00:33   Link #83
kiramuro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
What are you talking about?? She used at least 15+ funnels in her fight with Judau (believe me, I counted, 7 were blown away by the double beam rifle, 2 more were slashed away and then 4 more were destroyed inside the debris of Axis and 2 more were used in an attempt to ambush Judau before the final strikes were made). This shows that either the written specs aren't entirely accurate or the Qubeley was upgraded. However, there was no sign of that since the tail binder was not any larger than before.
lol my bad. I completely forgot about the first half of that battle which proves just how crappy ZZ's ending it was to me. What I actually remembered was Haman not using her last two funnels in the final strike.

Quote:
And really, what else could she do aside from being captured??? Once she lost her bottom torso and hands, she was pretty much defenseless to fight back.
I thought ZZ might be the series in which the "bad" guy wins at the end a la Empire Strike Back so the best ending for me would've been Judau getting vaporized by Haman's saber plus Haman getting seriously wounded in the process. This along with the destruction of large number of ships on both sides basically stops the war for a few years until CCA.

Quote:
Kamille is not Amuro. While Amuro may feel some sort of obligation or that it's his duty to fight like he does, Kamille may have completely different thoughts.
There is no evidence that favors one direction or the other so we can just leave it as an open ended question. This of course doesn't preclude the possibility of Kamille piloting again after he has recovered.

Quote:
And Haman already gave Char the chance(s) to rejoin her and lead Neo Zeon with her, but he refuses each time simply because of the fact that her ideals are pretty much no different than the original Zabi family was, which is exactly what he was against and wanted to lead them with the ideals of Deikun (albeit, misguided).

That's why he was so determined not to join with her and even so emotionally reacted with seeing how she manipulated Mineva into seeming like one.
Political alliance are usually made for various reasons. Similarity in ideology is not a necessary condition at all. The fact is Char is still more likely to align with the Zeons i.e. the people who more or less supports the advancement of spacenoids than the Earth Federation.

Quote:
And seeing as how Haman didn't seem to make anymore efforts to persuade him to join her, I don't think she'd go so far as to welcome him back with open arms.

Seeing as how the two acted in Zeta Gundam, it would be MORE unbelievable to suddenly have them working side by side like that and would require even more rewriting of not just ZZ, but of Zeta as well.
I am pretty sure Haman made an effort to get Char to join her even in the last episode of Zeta. She also had a pang of regret when she "killed" Char during the ending of Zeta.

Char is obviously a different man though in CCA. Perhaps he suffered severe brain damage when he was "killed" by Haman at the end of Zeta?? I don't know. I am just throwing out some random ideas. While his personal ideology might still match Deikun's however his belief has also shifted to the extreme end. He started using methods to achieve his goals that Char of Zeta wouldn't even have considered. There is also a huge 6 years gap between the two series so a lot things can happen during that period which maybe caused him to suffer this change gradually. This makes me think he could realistically join Haman especially since Haman is still in charge of Neo Zeon in my alternate timeline.
kiramuro is offline   Reply With Quote