AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2003-12-17, 01:36   Link #1
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Angry WTF! Who the heck said that gaara beat lee easily?

To all those who think that gaara beat lee with no complication they are completely worng. Why? Because gaara was a slow guy, his attacks were totally useless all the time, plus he didn't make any smart moves at all (exept when he scapes from the lotus) It was just because he had that super-ass defence that he could wait until the last moment when lee was totally wornout to then finish him off without effort.

Besides that, lee's speed and strengh were FAR more superior because he avoided every gaara's attack by moving fast or by defending himself after the lotus.

In conclution if lee were a little smarter (becuase he is not smart at all when he fights) he could defeat gaara by detecting his weak points. But no, what a jerk, he just showed everything he had a once without using any tactis at all.
__________________
"If you educate people, you cannot control them." ~Jacque Fresco
Sugetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-17, 01:43   Link #2
Mephisto03
セスラハニカ
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
But gaara is the man, and get him made enough and he'll destroy you. So all in all, lee never had a chance.
Mephisto03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-17, 01:45   Link #3
Alfzilla
Was Here
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: SF, CA
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Alfzilla
I think the problem is that you dont read that manga and that you dont actualy know Gaara's true strenght yet. It woudl be a understatment to say that he was holding back in the fight with Lee.
__________________
I never sleep for sleep is the cousin of death.
Alfzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-17, 01:54   Link #4
Shadamehr
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfzilla
I think the problem is that you dont read that manga and that you dont actualy know Gaara's true strenght yet. It woudl be a understatment to say that he was holding back in the fight with Lee.
Spoiler:
Shadamehr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-17, 01:59   Link #5
Alfzilla
Was Here
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: SF, CA
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Alfzilla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadamehr
Spoiler:
Well i cant argue about what would have or have not happened if Lee was smarter in his fighting but Gaara's transformation doesnít have to be slow (or so it seems) when he killed that sound nin they didnít show it but they implied that he transformed very quick and in his fight with Sasuke and Naruto it didnít seem he was transforming at full speed, just at the speed he wanted to.
__________________
I never sleep for sleep is the cousin of death.
Alfzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-17, 02:25   Link #6
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
yea if gaara wanted he could have killed lee like that. I think he was probably in a good mood in the lee fight
hunterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-17, 02:41   Link #7
Kamui4356
Aria Company
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfzilla
Well i cant argue about what would have or have not happened if Lee was smarter in his fighting but Gaara's transformation doesnít have to be slow (or so it seems) when he killed that sound nin they didnít show it but they implied that he transformed very quick and in his fight with Sasuke and Naruto it didnít seem he was transforming at full speed, just at the speed he wanted to.
Spoiler:
actually is that even a spoiler?
Anyway, Sugetsu, Lee never had a chance against Gaara. You'll see in a few episodes. There were no genin who could match Gaara in the 3rd round prelims. The fact that Lee even survived is amazing. Every other genin there, except Neji, would have been dead in a few seconds. Neji would have been the worst matchup for Gaara, but in the end he still wouldn't have a chance.
Kamui4356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-17, 02:49   Link #8
PathofNightshade
Scruffy Nerf Herder
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: The Real World
Send a message via AIM to PathofNightshade
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterx
yea if gaara wanted he could have killed lee like that. I think he was probably in a good mood in the lee fight
No, dude. He didn't even kill the sound nin. His inner sand incarnate did. The samanaka thirsts for blood every full moon. Gaara cannot control his demon form, as Naruto can barely harness the Kyubi's power.
__________________
PathofNightshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-17, 02:54   Link #9
mrexpert
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: holland
Age: 28
Send a message via MSN to mrexpert
grrrrr gaara is the man he's the coolest charac in the whole serie and i know that if he wanted to defeat lee he could do it easily (remember what he did with the wind ninja ) beside who said he used all his moves i know he's stronger then that cuzz every body feared him !!
mrexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-17, 03:11   Link #10
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
I don't care about the "could" thing I care about the "actual" facts. Gaara told lee that he was finished and that he was going to end that now. BUT, It didn't happened! lee continued to mess with him for quite a long time, and gaara was like UH?! WTF!? where is lee? I can even see him? if that sand armor weren't gaara would surely either lose or transfor into demon form, but with lee and the eight gates opened that would have been a tied match (for a very short time though : ( )
__________________
"If you educate people, you cannot control them." ~Jacque Fresco
Sugetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-17, 03:22   Link #11
Elysium
できるから。。。
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Rapture
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Elysium
Let's pretend that Lee fought "smartly."

*Lee removes weights*

*Lee flies at Gaara with insane speed*

*Lee takes out KUNAI's*

*Lee stabs Gaara for each of the punches/kicks/showing off moves he was doing*

*dead Gaara with many many stab wounds*

Simple. Gaara couldn't even SEE Lee, let alone catch the guy with his sand. All Lee needed was a sharp point to end the match in a matter of seconds. The fact that he didn't do that just means that he's an idiot, but not necessarily weaker.

Spoiler:
Too bad he didn't.
Elysium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-17, 03:23   Link #12
Hybrid
props to uzi626
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
i hate to break it to u but NOONE can open all 8 gates ...
Hybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-17, 03:27   Link #13
Alfzilla
Was Here
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: SF, CA
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Alfzilla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybrid
i hate to break it to u but NOONE can open all 8 gates ...
You dont know that there could be some one out there that can open all 8. But you can for sure say that there is no one out there alive that has opend all 8.
__________________
I never sleep for sleep is the cousin of death.
Alfzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-17, 03:44   Link #14
Hybrid
props to uzi626
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
the 8th gate is called the "death" gate for a reason...


<edit> fine noone alive has opened all 8 gates
Hybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-17, 03:49   Link #15
Jack Zodiac
I was here!
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Jack Zodiac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybrid
the 8th gate is called the "death" gate for a reason...


<edit> fine noone alive has opened all 8 gates
Sensible.

Now, why do they call the gate located in the crotch the Wonder Gate?
Jack Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-17, 04:41   Link #16
Gaara_
ぬけ人
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: フラグサッフ、アリゾナ
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Gaara_
I've been wondering who said that too..........-.-
Gaara_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-17, 04:59   Link #17
ninraven
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Hmm, seemed to me right after Lee lost consciousness, Gaara got up with what looked to be barely any scratches and seemed just fine. The sand jounin also said it was over without a problem.

You say...

Quote:
I don't care about the "could" thing I care about the "actual" facts.
But then say...

Quote:
if that sand armor weren't gaara would surely either lose or transfor into demon form
So you aren't going by actual facts either, but "could" or "if". Fact is, Lee lost. Gaara didn't limp away, need to go to the hospital, or seem even out of breath. Lee on the other hand, might not be able to continue being a ninja. From the outcome of the fight, it looks waaaaaay lopsided.
ninraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-17, 08:56   Link #18
Lost World
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
It really wasn't a fair match in the first place, though...Frankly, Lee was the one the author chose to fight Gaara because...Lee was the only character who could logically survive the fight.

Even Naruto, Sasuke, or Neji would've been dead if they had fought Gaara at that point.
Lost World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-17, 09:18   Link #19
Merco
I like pie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
To be realistic, you can't consider unleashing a corrupt sand priest in a tea kettle like how gaara does as a proper ninja tool.

here's a more accurate account of what would happen if Lee was smarter.

*Lee takes off the weights*

*Lee does all the right things, and targets Gaara's weak points. while waiting out for his stamina to drain*

Gaara:"RAAH, I must SEE BLOOOD! MORE BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!"

*Gaara unleashes his tea kettle and becomes Shukaku's b*tch*

Every Journin in the tournament: "WTF, that isn't a ninja tool!"

*Every Journin comes in to put Gaara down, Gaara is disqualified*

Spoiler:
Merco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-17, 09:19   Link #20
p3psi
Oscar winning black actor
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
gaara with out the sand power, of course lee would have kicked ass. but thats the same thing as saying naruto would be nothing without 9 tails and sasuke nothing without sharigan. you cant cuz thats who they are, and lee is a ninji who cant do any ninjutsu.


anyways, gaara put no effort in the match, i dont think he even threw a punch. 90% of the damage done to lee was done by himself on himself. only thing gaara did was attack once at the end, crushing his limbs
p3psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:44.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.