AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2003-12-17, 22:02   Link #41
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
THE FACT IS THAT GAARA COULD NOT DO ANYTHING DURING THE ENTIRE FIGHT EVEN IF HE ATTAKED LEE IT WAS USELESS! all that he did was to see how the DUMASS Lee wasted his chakra and hurted himself without analising the oponents weakness. In conclusion, It wasn't easy for gaara to beat Lee because he was not able to hurt him even if he wantted to. It is just that lee is an idiot. Remenber the same thing happened when he fought in the forest to defend sakura. Was it that Lee was weaker than the three sound ninjas? NO! the #@$@# just trew himself in the middle of everything without hesitating using lotus for such simple situation...

LEE IS A STRONG BRAINLESS BASTAR!@#$ THAT'S ALL.
__________________
"If you educate people, you cannot control them." ~Jacque Fresco
Sugetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-17, 22:04   Link #42
smee
Silent A$$A$$IN
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Stuck in a box
Send a message via AIM to smee
Jack zodiac, who is that in ur avatar, it kinda looks like gaara, is it demon gaara?
smee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-17, 22:06   Link #43
Jack Zodiac
I was here!
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Jack Zodiac
To be fair to Lee, that was the first time almost any of those Genin had gone up against real opponents, and when he encountered Gaara's inpenetrable sand, he simply empied his deck of trump cards and tried to bring him down.

Odds are Lee could've won, but he would've had to have been fighting with the intent to kill to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smee
Jack zodiac, who is that in ur avatar, it kinda looks like gaara, is it demon gaara?
It's a younger version of Jiraiya.
Jack Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-17, 22:18   Link #44
Kamui4356
Aria Company
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu
THE FACT IS THAT GAARA COULD NOT DO ANYTHING DURING THE ENTIRE FIGHT EVEN IF HE ATTAKED LEE IT WAS USELESS! all that he did was to see how the DUMASS Lee wasted his chakra and hurted himself without analising the oponents weakness. In conclusion, It wasn't easy for gaara to beat Lee because he was not able to hurt him even if he wantted to. It is just that lee is an idiot. Remenber the same thing happened when he fought in the forest to defend sakura. Was it that Lee was weaker than the three sound ninjas? NO! the #@$@# just trew himself in the middle of everything without hesitating using lotus for such simple situation...

LEE IS A STRONG BRAINLESS BASTAR!@#$ THAT'S ALL.
Standing around letting someone, who can't really hurt you, run around like an idiot and hit you is a strategy. A crappy one, but a strategy none the less. Lee didn't do more than maybe bruise Gaara. When Lee did use a move Gaara would be hurt by, he escaped both times.
In the forest of death, the outcome would have been the same even if Lee didn't use the renge. He was fighting 3 on one, Kin and Zaku could have distracted Lee while Dosu used his sound wave thing. Lee of course would own any of the 3 sound nins one on one.
Kamui4356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-17, 22:33   Link #45
smee
Silent A$$A$$IN
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Stuck in a box
Send a message via AIM to smee
hey, thats how i beat gai with lee in the game naruto 2, i hit him a couple of times and then ran away until time ran out.
smee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-17, 22:41   Link #46
GreyArea
Meatf***er
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: UK
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by brassmonkey
not really. u'll notice later gaara transformed while fighting with sasuke

none of the jounins did anything
Err, no?

Spoiler:


I reckon Gai or Kakashi would be able to kick in Gaara.

Spoiler:
GreyArea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-17, 22:53   Link #47
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyArea
Err, no?

Spoiler:


I reckon Gai or Kakashi would be able to kick in Gaara.

Spoiler:
methinks they are fast enough to kick gaara's ass without having to do with shukaku... if gaara dies, shukaku dies... and it is like the death star vs a bunch of ships. the death star cannot bring its main weapon to bear on the rebellion, because the rebellion is too small...
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-17, 22:53   Link #48
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
methinks they are fast enough to kick gaara's ass without having to do with shukaku... if gaara dies, shukaku dies... and it is like the death star vs a bunch of ships. the death star cannot bring its main weapon to bear on the rebellion, because the rebellion is too small...
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-18, 00:20   Link #49
Kuai
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Fact of the matter is Lee used his ultimate attack yet still lost. Its like saying you shot a guy in the face with a bazooka yet had a little scratch and he totally fucked you up in one punch. Lee had no chance from the begining.
Kuai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-18, 09:18   Link #50
Lost World
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuai
Fact of the matter is Lee used his ultimate attack yet still lost. Its like saying you shot a guy in the face with a bazooka yet had a little scratch and he totally fucked you up in one punch. Lee had no chance from the begining.
To be fair, NONE of the genins would've won if they had gone up against Gaara at that point. Lee was simply unlucky in that he was the one chosen to fight Gaara. Gaara was not a genin or chuunin level opponent.

Wasn't Lee one of the strongest genins at that point in time? I know he was stronger than Naruto and Sasuke at that point...and maybe Neji, too...since he was the ONLY one of Gai's students who was able to learn the Lotus techniques.
Lost World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-18, 09:24   Link #51
ChouOishii
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobobaggins
methinks they are fast enough to kick gaara's ass without having to do with shukaku... if gaara dies, shukaku dies... and it is like the death star vs a bunch of ships. the death star cannot bring its main weapon to bear on the rebellion, because the rebellion is too small...
Stay on topic... Stay on topic!!
ChouOishii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-18, 19:23   Link #52
Zeratul
n00bie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
uh gaara totally owned Lee.

Lee didnt even put a scratch on Gaara with his best technique. It's a shame he matched up with Gaara though because he could have beaten everyone except Neji and Gaara
Zeratul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-18, 19:32   Link #53
wnkryo
HainShodan
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: new york city
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeratul
uh gaara totally owned Lee.

Lee didnt even put a scratch on Gaara with his best technique. It's a shame he matched up with Gaara though because he could have beaten everyone except Neji and Gaara

Actually i thought lee DID indeed put a scratch on gaara.
__________________
wnkryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-18, 20:33   Link #54
primitiveone
Happy Go Lucky ^O^
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Bah! Inner Demons....Kyubi would own Shukkaku in a heartbeat.
primitiveone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-18, 21:04   Link #55
Shadamehr
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeratul
uh gaara totally owned Lee.

Lee didnt even put a scratch on Gaara with his best technique. It's a shame he matched up with Gaara though because he could have beaten everyone except Neji and Gaara
Gaara won, but it was because of Lee's poor choice in strategy. He did not 'totally own' him. After Lee opened the gates, he gave Gaara a serious pummeling, to the point where Gaara said he 'could no longer defend himself' and questioned whether Lee's movement was even 'humanly possible.' Furthermore, if you look at Gaara after receiving Ura Renge, he is very clearly hurt. You can tell from the unsteadiness of his movements. You just don't see any scratches on him after the fight because he is wearing the sand armor. For all we know he's bruised and battered underneath it.
Shadamehr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-18, 21:10   Link #56
duncankid
~jeRvArno~
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadamehr
Gaara won, but it was because of Lee's poor choice in strategy. He did not 'totally own' him. After Lee opened the gates, he gave Gaara a serious pummeling, to the point where Gaara said he 'could no longer defend himself' and questioned whether Lee's movement was even 'humanly possible.' Furthermore, if you look at Gaara after receiving Ura Renge, he is very clearly hurt. You can tell from the unsteadiness of his movements. You just don't see any scratches on him after the fight because he is wearing the sand armor. For all we know he's bruised and battered underneath it.
lee did injure garaa... garaa amour of snad cant keep up with lee pace.... as shown in the anime that garaa was also suffering from pain when lee open his chakra gates to perform lotus the 2nd time on garaa....
duncankid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-18, 21:25   Link #57
Tboz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
The sand shield couldn't keep up you mean. The coating of sand armour however was always in place and despite the fact that it seems to have cracked, most of the damages should be neutalised by it.

He may seem weak due to slight concussion when Lee was pounding on his hardened body. But he did got up and leave the arena when Gai stop the fight, he wasn't in obvious pain at that point.

I think different people just have different interpretations, let's just leave it at that.
Tboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-18, 21:43   Link #58
Shadamehr
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
I certainly agree, Gaara was in good enough condition to walk away from the fight just fine, and Lee was not. All I'm saying is that Gaara did not come out of the fight without a scratch like a lot of people seem to think. Getting pummeled by 4-gates-open Lee hurt, *a lot*. Just watch the scene where Gaara is recovering from Ura Renge, he's showing his pain.

Even if we assume the Sand Armor was a perfect shell with no give at all (which it was probably not, especially if it was cracking), receiving that many impacts at that speed in that short a time period will do serious damage to a human body. Just imagine if some gigantic hand grabbed you and shook you around at speeds so fast that you were a blur in the air.
Shadamehr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-18, 22:50   Link #59
Tboz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Gaara was indeed scratchless as he return to the balcony alongside Kankuro and Temari.

Recall the "scratch" that Lee inflicted on his cheeks? Its no longer there...

From the looks of it, he had already activated his sand armour at that time and I still think it should have cushion-off most of the damages.
Tboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-18, 23:34   Link #60
Shadamehr
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
We don't know he was scratchless; we can't see him. All we see is the sand armor that's covering his entire body. I highly doubt that if he has a big nasty bruise on his cheek, he's gonna make a corresponding bruise on the sand armor over it.
Shadamehr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:50.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.