AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2003-12-18, 23:59   Link #61
Tboz

Kankuro said before that keeping the sand armour up depletes alot of chakra. I think Gaara won't find the need to waste more energy since he has already won.
Tboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-19, 00:56   Link #62
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

So the point of this topic is did gaara deafeted lee easily?

NO!
Old 2003-12-19, 01:21   Link #63
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu
So the point of this topic is did gaara deafeted lee easily?

NO!
Yes, he did defeat Lee easily. Gaara's only problem was that for most of the match Lee was moving to fast for him to hit., Still even with that speed, Lee only had 2 moves that could do any damage to Gaara. Gaara escaped both of these. Gaara was shocked that Lee even had the potential to hurt him, that's why he was acting like that at the end. As soon as Gaara had an opening he ended the fight quickily. Yes it is true Lee may have done better if he used a different strategy. Yes it is true that Gaara had some element of luck in his win. But the fact remains at the end of the fight Gaara only had, at most, a few bruises, while Lee may never be able to fight again. If there's that much difference in injuries at the end, you can tell the fight was never even close.
Just so you know, Lee is one of my favorite characters in Naruto. I can admit he was totally outclassed. The sad thing is Ino could have beaten Gaara if she was quick enough with her mind transfer. She could just make gaara say I give up. Of course after Ino returned to her body Gaara would just kill her, but he'd still lose.
Kamui4356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-19, 02:00   Link #64
Shadamehr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tboz
Kankuro said before that keeping the sand armour up depletes alot of chakra. I think Gaara won't find the need to waste more energy since he has already won.
Just checked the manga, and you're right, Gaara left the fight w/o his sand armor, and no visible injuries. I still say getting pounded by Lee with the gates hurt a hell of a lot. If you look at those frames of the fight in the manga, Gaara's expression is one of pain. He was clearly stronger in the end, but it wasn't like he got the victory for free.
Shadamehr is offline   Reply With Quote