AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2003-12-17, 01:57   Link #1
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Why People Hate Dbz? Are You Nuts?

HAHAHA DBZ is one the greates anime ever, why? READ THIS CAREFULY!!!


The stupid US tv alters the content of almost everything that they think has violence included (Or just becuase they think they can make it cooler). As a result, they change the principal characteristics of the anime, a clear exanple of this is DBZ! this anime shown in cartoon network SUCKS! REALLY SUCKS! they changed the music, the intro, the ending, they cut and paste some scenes and the put ugly voices! They ended up deteriorating the whole story.

Another good example of this is Saint Seiya, or Zodiac Knights, which is being shown on cartoon network at midnight. This is one of the greates anime series of all time and here it just sucks, they have altered this anime so much that the whole consept of the show has been changed. Now, when you see saint seiya in cartoon network it is like whatching Power Rangers!!

Edit: Everyone please read these reviews that I found in amazon.com

Box set - episodes 1-25

DBZ Box set - episodes 1-25 (Second page)
__________________
"If you educate people, you cannot control them." ~Jacque Fresco

Last edited by Sugetsu; 2004-06-26 at 02:10.
Sugetsu is offline  
Old 2003-12-17, 02:02   Link #2
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: AnimeSuki Forums
This was the FUNNIEST post I've read all day, and I have a feeling this entire post is sarcastic, as no sane man could actually say that DBZ is really good. Saint Seiya is a good series, though. DBZ stinks.

It lacks intelligence of any kind.
It drags on for all eternity.
Its story loses focus after the Frieza saga.
What little story it has doesn't actually resolve.
The fights are tedious and all come down to the same basic conclusion.

Anyway, thanks for the laugh there, Sugetsu. It really made my day!
boneyjellyfish is offline  
Old 2003-12-17, 02:07   Link #3
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
I'm dead serious!
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...?t=2937&page=2 If you read that post you'll understand that there are people who hate DBZ, I got pissed off becuase it is not the first time I read that so I just decided to make a post explaining why American anime is BAD.
__________________
"If you educate people, you cannot control them." ~Jacque Fresco
Sugetsu is offline  
Old 2003-12-17, 02:10   Link #4
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New York, USA
I've watched some DBZ in japanese. I've also seen some of it dubbed on Cartoon Network. There is no perceptible difference in the level of quality, so I must disagree.

I will admit though that I am too frightened to watch Zodiac Knights since I am a long time fan of Saint Seiya. Just the title was enough to keep me away. I'm afraid that they'll do a "Sailor Scout" to it. I shiver in horror at what DiC did to Sailor Moon and don't want to see Saint Seiya reduced to the same level.
__________________

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline  
Old 2003-12-17, 02:12   Link #5
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: AnimeSuki Forums
Oh, most of us are quite aware of how much the american dub of DBZ stinks. However, no amount of Dub Stinkage can change the fact that the subject matter sucks. In fact, it sucks so much that a vacuum appears in its wake. Yeah, that sounds about right.

If you want to see some GOOD anime, might I suggest something like Visions of Escaflowne, Infinite Ryvius, or the new "fanboy" craze, Naruto? It's like DBZ, except better in every aspect (and fights don't take eighty episodes to finish).

Also, please don't post the same thing twice in the future. Just a little tip from your pal, boneyjellyfish the kazoo player.

Quote:
I will admit though that I am too frightened to watch Zodiac Knights since I am a long time fan of Saint Seiya. Just the title was enough to keep me away. I'm afraid that they'll do a "Sailor Scout" to it. I shiver in horror at what DiC did to Sailor Moon and don't want to see Saint Seiya reduced to the same level.
I saw an episode of it. It doesn't compare to the original at all.

I must admit, though. The DiC dub of SailorMoon was actually my first anime, and is one of my few guilty pleasures in this world. The biggest guilty pleasure, of course, is newbie bashing. Zing!

Last edited by boneyjellyfish; 2003-12-18 at 02:32.
boneyjellyfish is offline  
Old 2003-12-17, 02:13   Link #6
Alfzilla
Was Here
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: SF, CA
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Alfzilla
Not all American anime is bad just the one that makes it on tv and the company that messed up DBZ learned there lesson cus they havenít messed with a anime that badly since (not that i know of at least) and also donít get too worked up over people talking about animes they dont like cus no matter how much you mite like a show there will always be groups out there just waiting for there opportunity to flame it.
__________________
I never sleep for sleep is the cousin of death.
Alfzilla is offline  
Old 2003-12-17, 02:14   Link #7
Dark_Voodoo
In The Navy
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Sweden
Age: 29
Now I dont hate DB/DBZ/DBGT, DB was actually quite a good manga and the DBZ anime wasent that bad ( I'v seen worse). So I dont agree with evryone who think DBZ is the satan of anime, it isent (thats Lensman). DBZ is a old anime wich has been used to many times and should be left to rest, becuse admitt it there are way better animes out there
__________________
Dark_Voodoo is offline  
Old 2003-12-17, 02:15   Link #8
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New York, USA
Hey! I liked Lensman!
__________________

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline  
Old 2003-12-17, 02:19   Link #9
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: AnimeSuki Forums
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Voodoo
So I dont agree with evryone who think DBZ is the satan of anime, it isent (thats Lensman).
Actually, DBZ is indeed the anime satan. Don't you remember the main character named Mr. Satan?

boneyjellyfish is offline  
Old 2003-12-17, 02:20   Link #10
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Actually people from many countries think that is a GREAT SERIES:

It has exelent action secuences.

You never get tired of seeing how powerful the main characters can become.

The story may have suffered a little in the begining of the zell saga but at the end when Gohan becomes Super Sayayin level 2 and Goku dies it get's to be interesting once again.

The music is great.

The lenght of the series is well justificated, since the end is really well made. The made Vegata at last recognice Goku's strengh and the whole world got united to destroy the ultimate enemy.

But based on what I have seen here in the US, DBZ really sucks, as I said before everything is changed and Yes the series here are really DUMB! It was the same with saint seiya!
__________________
"If you educate people, you cannot control them." ~Jacque Fresco

Last edited by Sugetsu; 2004-06-26 at 02:12.
Sugetsu is offline  
Old 2003-12-17, 02:22   Link #11
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
dbz doesn't suck, it's just old so out with the old in with the new. 258 episodes doesn't mean it suck at all. many many crappy ones don't last that long
hunterx is offline  
Old 2003-12-17, 02:24   Link #12
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: AnimeSuki Forums
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu
It has exelent action secuences.

You never get tired of seeing how powerful the main characters can become.

The story may have suffered a little in the begining of the zell saga but at the end when Gohan becomes Super Sayayin level 2 and Goku dies it get's to be interesting once again.

The music is great.
Ah ha... HAHAHAHAHA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu
The lenght of the series is well justificated, since the end is really well made. The made Vegata at last recognice Goku's strengh and the whole world got united to destroy the ultimate enemy.
No, the length of the series is not justified in any way, other than the fact that it was mostly just a way to make MONEY!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu
But based on what I have seen here in the US, DBZ really sucks
Hey! For once we agree on something!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu
SO DON'T SAY THAT I'M JOKING BECAUSE THE IF YOU SAY THAT DBZ SUCKS IT WILL BE NOT JUST ME BUT A LOT OF EUROPEANS, SOUTH AMERICANS, AND JAPANESE WILL COME TO KILL YA : )
DBZ sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterx
dbz doesn't suck, it's just old so out with the old in with the new. 258 episodes doesn't mean it suck at all. many many crappy ones don't last that long
Actually, all three series put together are nearly 500 episodes long (maybe more). However, the only good series of the three is DB. The anime and manga were supposed to end at the Frieza saga (the best point in DBZ), but they just needed MORE money, so they milked it for all it was worth.
boneyjellyfish is offline  
Old 2003-12-17, 02:25   Link #13
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
not everything that is old sucks, has anyone seen Future Boy Connan as ANOTHER GOOD EXAMPLE?
__________________
"If you educate people, you cannot control them." ~Jacque Fresco
Sugetsu is offline  
Old 2003-12-17, 02:32   Link #14
GATX207_Blitz
Gobble Gobble
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: KAZOO-TOPIA
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to GATX207_Blitz
something I did long ago that doesn't matter anymore and now its closed

Last edited by GATX207_Blitz; 2004-03-07 at 03:00.
GATX207_Blitz is offline  
Old 2003-12-17, 02:46   Link #15
whatever123
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to whatever123
well i think that DBZ along with city hunter were one of the first series i ever watched and one of the main reasons i got into anime i really liked goku and gohan the whole pure hearted but as strong as an ogre main character was nice what really sucked in the anime is how much it drags on and i stopped watching it after the cell saga but i watched DBGT
__________________
whatever123 is offline  
Old 2003-12-17, 02:52   Link #16
PastGrandKnight
Grand Knight of the Past
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Age: 29
::sigh:: when will the DBZ bashing ever stop? Ok, Sailor Moon was also my first anime and DBZ was my second. There are a lot of people in the same boat so I will make NO excuses. It all boils down to this: Truthfully, the series is too long. Akira Toryama (read it in an interview) wanted to end it at Cell. Sometimes the animation is shoddy and fights drag on. But I will say this, many people love it because they have been following these characters' stories for so long that they grow on them. I used to be a huge fan, but I've moved on and grew to love other series. HOWEVER I'm still buying the occasional DBZ dvd because they hold a lot of nostalgic value. My Japanese VHS wont last forever...anyway, bashing anime only hurts peoples feelings and thats not cool. I'm glad that so many people love anime to begin with, so I refuse to make fun of someone for their interests. In other words: Can't we all just get along!?!!?!?!?!?!!?!?!!?!?
PastGrandKnight is offline  
Old 2003-12-17, 02:53   Link #17
Kamui4356
Aria Company
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
The main problem with dbz is it takes 30+ episodes for one fight. Now is that because the fight is so great with constant action betwen two equally matched opponents who refuse to give up and fight untill they're completely exausted? No. It's because they often spend 5-10 episodes powering up for one attack that doesn't even work!!! If someone would edit it so they don't take as long, and the fights are constant seamless action, DBZ may be saved. Until then it just sucks. Since I don't see that happening anytime soon, it'll continue to suck for quite some time.
If you don't believe me watch some of the movies. Sure they aren't exactly masterpieces, but they're a lot better that the series since there's no time to go through that whole 50 episode power up thing.
Kamui4356 is offline  
Old 2003-12-17, 02:55   Link #18
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
10 minutes flash backs? When? Repetitive stuff over and over? When?

The fights are long because the anime is very detailed in the action secuences, so the author tries to make the fighting sequences as tied and surprising as they could be, as an example watch the three big fights, goku vs freezer, goku and gohan vs cell, and the Magin buu's fight. All of them were quite long (more than 3 episodes) but each part was like watching a Jakie Chan's action secuence (long and detailed) The result of this is that it doesn't get boring because every fight has its own circumstances and style. You can even see that goku fights deferently compared to Vegata, Picolo, Trunks or Krilin. Plus the story is not predictable; it is not like the main character (Goku) will win every battle (in fact he even dies once). And on top of everything the length of the story is not Just to make money (which is what all anime series aim for) as the story goes on you can see appreciate the life of Goku and the rest of the characters. This series may not be as complex as Lain, but it has lots of detail which for me its strongest point.

As a matter of fact Naruto, with its 62 episodes and his manga both of them with no sign of ending any time soon, is aiming towards the same goal. : p
__________________
"If you educate people, you cannot control them." ~Jacque Fresco
Sugetsu is offline  
Old 2003-12-17, 03:07   Link #19
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Somewhere in Hawaii
DBZ isn' too bad but I still think the orignal DB was the best of all three series. After DB it all went downhill with all the SSJ crap.
__________________
Keitaro is offline  
Old 2003-12-17, 03:11   Link #20
Kamui4356
Aria Company
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu
Plus the story is not predictable; it is not like the main character (Goku) will win every battle (in fact he even dies once).
Second problem with DBZ, death has absolutly no meaning in that series. Goku Scrifaces himself to save the earth from Radiz(sp?). He's wished back. He dies against Cell, comes back.... Vegita dies against freeza, wished back..krillen dies, wished back...Notice a pattern? You mentioned Naruto in your post. Both are the same type of series. Which one is better? 90% of people will probably say Naruto. Why, because they don't drag fights on forever with pointless powering up for attacks that don't work, and they don't cheapen death by wishing characters back. Further the plot is a lot better than DBZ. Not that Naruto is the most complicated anime ever made, but it's enough that you aren't ashamed to admit you like it.
Kamui4356 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:23.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.