AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2007-03-10, 02:03   Link #301
zoozoc
Anime is my drug....

The thing is, if they were really interested in each other they would keep sending letters and probably even a phone call or 2. Now in real life stuff like this tends to fade off after a while, but of course in a romantiscized movie, there is only 1 right person and its all dramatic and stuff, of course for the very same reason it'll probably be tragic as well.
zoozoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-10, 04:38   Link #302
Quajafrie
Not here anymore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
Makoto Shinkai = Sad endings (or at least somewhere in-between). It's a given.
Not sad, bittersweet. I would be really disappointed if 5cm's ending is plainly sad.
Quajafrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-10, 06:18   Link #303
JediNight
キズランダム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Am I weird for saying that I was disappointed it wasn't actually a parody? I kept watching it thinking that Naruto and gang would appear suddenly.

Ah well.
Well Dattebayo is an odd case -- I know a number of them, and I'm still not entirely sure why they still do Naruto =P I think they just like messing with leechers and cutting off the speedsubbers at their own game heh.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-10, 09:22   Link #304
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quajafrie View Post
Thank you everyone for spoiling that the ending is sad. I'm really grateful.
I have not watched the AMV, and don't plan to, unless there is a HD version for download. I am also refraining from clicking any evil spoiler-buttons and taking all comments here about it's potential ending with a generous pinch of salt, so I hope that helps.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-10, 12:44   Link #305
Psychodragon
Legendary Master Ninja

I just watched the AMV. I don't fear spoilers, actually.

All I can say is, nothing can be conclusive from watching this. It's not telling the story in a linear fashion, but instead showing us glimpses and scenes from the movie. Not to mention showing them out of order!

One of Shinkai's schemes in ep1 is to continuously makes us feel desperate and impatient, as Takaki is so close and yet so far with all the train delays and snow. Couldn't he continue with that scheme in the rest of the movie?

I have hope that the ending would be happy (or semi-happy as some of you have coined) and satisfying, especially watching Voices and Beyond the Clouds. For the ones who have seen it, don't you remember the last scene in the AMV? Doesn't that give you hope that all will be alright in the end?

Remember the AMV song's title: "One more time, one more chance."

It ain't over until the fat lady sings (or in this case, when the movie reaches the credits sequence on our computers).

-PD

Last edited by Psychodragon; 2007-03-10 at 12:50. Reason: More Content!
Psychodragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-10, 20:02   Link #306
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
(or in this case, when the movie reaches the credits sequence on our computers).
Which begins with a fansubbing group giving out a quick release *crosses fingers and looks to heaven*.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-10, 21:14   Link #307
Aiden

Send a message via MSN to Aiden
the weird thing is that when.. i was gonna download the new naruto episode..

this anime was downloaded...

i wonder why though?

why did dattebayo.. sub this instead of the regular.. naruto?

im new to the anime forums.. so go easy.. on me lol

is this anime really expected?
Aiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-10, 23:42   Link #308
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Well, looks like someone was really lucky to be in Japan and watch parts 2 and 3 in the theatre
Spoiler for big warning:

Overall I think I'll be satisfied if not really pleased with this film and I'm looking forward to parts 2 and 3, especially the subs.
Old 2007-03-11, 01:00   Link #309
Psychodragon
Legendary Master Ninja

Sailor Enlil, thanks for your post!

I guess I can live with that ending. After all, I guess it doesn't hurt to be realistic. Wish it could be more, though.

Ep1 was good enough for me!

-PD

Last edited by Psychodragon; 2007-03-11 at 01:01. Reason: Typos
Psychodragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-11, 01:25   Link #310
Oneon

^ To the above poster. Yeah first episode was good enough for me. 2nd one seems like a filler type of thing and the last one is to patch things up.

to me, though they may not be together at least Takaki had dated someone rather than wait for Akari.

Satisfied ending...but still could of been a happy ending.

BTW I found the song I ws looking for! If you want it pm me...or post in on the forum.
Oneon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-11, 05:42   Link #311
kurerisu

Does anyone know if the main piano piece of this film is available for download? Can't wait to get my hands on it!!!Will there be an OST for this film and if so, when?
kurerisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-11, 12:50   Link #312
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
The movies gone and done the exact same thing as Naruto. For about a day Naruto something or other was in the Top 10 on ANN and so is this movie. I thought I had their system figure out, but this just blows my theory completely out of the water. I'm just going to go with whatever is new is generally ranked higher. Though for once it looks like a romance story that somebody actually put some effort into though dealing more with their lives in a realistic manner, with real drama as opposed to with sappy romance. I kind of want to see this.

Upon research I think I know the reason for the rankings:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-03-11 at 13:41.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-11, 19:10   Link #313
Shuhei

hapi endo da
Shuhei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-11, 22:55   Link #314
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Strangely DatteBayo has just released their version of this show.

It is a retime of the Bikasuisho version with a few tweaks (like added notes and a better typesetting). Since they stole the script I guess I'm not adding it to our database. Or does anyone knows if Bikasuisho gave them permission to use their script?

Unfortunately it isn't easy to get answers to such a question about Bikasuisho in their channel. (I tried briefly.) Still, at least people here might want to try downloading it. The filename is weird, but it really is 5cm Oukashou.
He he shamefully I have to thank them for trolling this file or I wouldn't have heard of 5CM. It always amuses me to check out them out and when I saw 5CM, I was gob smacked by the art work, then I thought "hey this reminds me of Hoshi No Koe", then I found its by the same person and I am missing another film, Beyond the Clouds *hangs head in shame*. I loved the way the story is told, it just a shame I'm not a native Japanese speaker, I am sure I am missing a huge part of the story telling just from the way that they speak.
Old 2007-03-12, 02:45   Link #315
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I can't list this on the main site, so I'll mention it here: DB has released a v2 for 5cm

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-12, 07:32   Link #316
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

To those wanting a more detailed account of the 2nd and 3rd episodes (incomplete nonetheless, since the blogger admits his Japanese is only passable), here's a summary of them.

Spoiler for to avoid spoiling those who just clicks links for no good reason XD:

Spoiler for don't click, my thoughts on summaries:

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-12, 09:31   Link #317
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I am yet to watch this movie though I downloaded it . I am going to watch it once all parts to release ( fansubbed ) I hate discontinuity in general so I am going to patiently wait - fidgets fingers-
Old 2007-03-12, 10:05   Link #318
Ansa

So 3 parts total? When are the next two coming to DVD and eventually fansubs? Honestly I thought it was Naruto like everyone else (as I don't really pay attention XD) but when it started up I figured it was just a trailer but I watched the whole thing, it's a very good story and frankly I want more! It's really hard to find such a well developed storyline like this in only one part of the overall story, and really I give the animators a hell of a lot of credit this kind of detail in the animation is amazing if not completely unprecedented.
Ansa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-12, 21:18   Link #319
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Tagged in case anyone hasn't seen Beyond the Clouds...

Spoiler:

Last edited by Guardian Enzo; 2007-03-12 at 22:27.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-12, 21:41   Link #320
Saffire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Tagged in case anyone hasn't seen Beyond the Clouds...

Spoiler:
I actually quite agree with you. I viewed it as a happy ending, and was very satisfied with it. It's my current favorite of the Shinkai movies. Though, I would like to see him make a undeniably 'happy ending' movie at least once. ^^
Saffire is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coming of age, drama, romance, shinkai