AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-07-29, 06:48   Link #441
Chama
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Japan
Plenty of Shinkai's words about this movie

Very informative and big spoiler in Japanese language:
http://pw1.atcms.jp/byousoku5cm/index.php
Chama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-29, 07:49   Link #442
Liingo
Love Hina?
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Kangaroos live in my backyard =P
And so it ends again.

This time with subs, meaning I could understand it all now.
It was a lot more meaningful and emotional this time. Especially the last 5 or so minutes with One more time, One more chance playing. The lyrics of the song match extremely well with the images on screen.

Spoiler for Question?:
Liingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-29, 07:56   Link #443
theDarkHorse
at what speed must i live
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Age: 23
The lyrics of the song fit extraordinarily well. I wonder if Makoto Shinkai had this song in mind before he even started writing the storyline.

Spoiler for Answer to Liingo:

Last edited by theDarkHorse; 2007-07-29 at 07:57. Reason: ahaha didn't notice again
theDarkHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-29, 08:15   Link #444
Liingo
Love Hina?
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Kangaroos live in my backyard =P
Thanks Darkhorse.

I was pretty sure that I hadn't seen that anywhere else and just wanted clarification.

Sigh..... a very realistic story that happened, but if only they had gotten together. (It would have been much better for my emotional state..)

Now to wait for the Dvd.
Liingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-29, 09:54   Link #445
Quajafrie
Not here anymore!
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 23
Spoiler:
Quajafrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-29, 10:21   Link #446
theDarkHorse
at what speed must i live
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Age: 23
Spoiler for ending:
theDarkHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-29, 11:14   Link #447
Quajafrie
Not here anymore!
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 23
Spoiler:
Quajafrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-29, 12:15   Link #448
Xcomp
Owe No Favours!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: UK, Glasgow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quajafrie View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

I think the novelised version will have some extra info in it. Shinkai did write it because people were asking about the reason behind some of his sketches after all.
Xcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-29, 12:26   Link #449
theDarkHorse
at what speed must i live
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Age: 23
Spoiler for a name:
theDarkHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-29, 13:07   Link #450
tresor
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Age: 48
Quick answer for 3rd movie.

There is no continuity in the 3rd movie, giving you some kind of unrealistic look at the discontinuity. It is too arty and too frustrating for my tastes.
tresor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-29, 13:07   Link #451
Quajafrie
Not here anymore!
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 23
Spoiler for name:
Quajafrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-29, 13:23   Link #452
tresor
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Age: 48
Caught in Her Own Tracks? Is it really Akari Shinohara?

Spoiler for Caught in Her Own Tracks? Is it really Akari Shinohara?:
tresor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-29, 13:31   Link #453
theDarkHorse
at what speed must i live
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Age: 23
ADV sure should do a good job of the R1 DVD release. Hopefully it'll be as packed as the R2 release was...
theDarkHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-29, 13:48   Link #454
tresor
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Age: 48
Communications State of Mind

Spoiler for Communications Facts:

Spoiler for Cosmonaut Communications - State Of Mind:
tresor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-29, 14:48   Link #455
tresor
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Age: 48
Buy In Required

Spoiler for On the other hand:
tresor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-29, 15:07   Link #456
tresor
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Age: 48
Shinkai Thinking Speculation

Spoiler for Shinkai Thinking Speculation includes spoilers (emphasis on spoilers and speculation):
tresor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-29, 18:49   Link #457
lobabel
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quajafrie View Post
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcomp View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for who stopped mailing?:


Quote:
Originally Posted by Quajafrie View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Akari's life:

Last edited by lobabel; 2007-07-31 at 10:12. Reason: A new finding added
lobabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-30, 00:46   Link #458
Liingo
Love Hina?
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Kangaroos live in my backyard =P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quajafrie View Post
Spoiler:
I'll have to watch that bit again. I must have missed those details on my previous watching..

I definately agree with your second comment, that the relationship is important to Takaki.. But I'd say that is is actually Akari at the end. There's a nearly 20 seconds before the view clears, which is enough time to get around the corner. (if you watch the first part again the end at which she's standing goes up the hill around the corner.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcomp View Post
Spoiler:

I think the novelised version will have some extra info in it. Shinkai did write it because people were asking about the reason behind some of his sketches after all.
You say that there's nothing stopping him. What about just not being able to find her. Finding one person in a city of millions wouldn't exactly be an easy thing.

Perhaps he did, perhaps he didn't but it seemed like he was able to move on from at the end of it.

I just hope that I'll be able to find the novel later on once it get's released.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tresor View Post
Spoiler for Communications Facts:

Spoiler for Cosmonaut Communications - State Of Mind:
That sounds logical about the photo. Pretty far ahead? Could you clarify?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tresor View Post
Spoiler for On the other hand:
A good other point of view, which will be good for discussion. I'll see if I can reply properly once I have more time... I;m at uni at the moment..

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobabel View Post
Spoiler for who stopped mailing?:


Spoiler for Akari's life:
Some nice points here that make sense if you've read the other cloaked posts up above.

I'll be back afterwards in a few hours once I get back home to continue replying.
Liingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-30, 01:00   Link #459
Quajafrie
Not here anymore!
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcomp View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for ending:
Quajafrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-30, 01:25   Link #460
theDarkHorse
at what speed must i live
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quajafrie View Post
Spoiler for ending:
Spoiler for reply to Quajafrie:
theDarkHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
coming of age, drama, romance, shinkai

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:45.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.