AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2009-01-16, 11:07   Link #101
kimlanss

Dude, baseball is painful when you're a Rangers fan
Old 2009-01-16, 18:51   Link #102
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
Well you know, the Nats stink as of right now
There's this guy named Ramirez, I think it is, who's sitting by his phone these days waiting for it to ring. Maybe the Nats should give him a call? I hear he's a pretty decent hitter.
Old 2009-03-21, 23:54   Link #103
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Anyone following WBC? Korea just beat Venezuela 10-2 ! Now onto the final and come on USA please beat Japan.
Old 2009-03-22, 22:46   Link #104
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Tomorrow Korea vs Japan Final, well it comes to this I guess it was expected as two teams dominated every single team they faced. Seriously they should just make five match between Korea and Japan to see who is the world's best .
Anyhow congratulation to Japan on their victory .
Old 2009-03-23, 06:03   Link #105
Tri-ring
The Censor Bat

looks as if Korea and Japan is going against each other for the fifth (and final) time at this tournament.

First game Japan wins
Second game Korea wins
Third game Korea wins
Forth game Japan wins

I guess the last game tomorrow will settle all.
Old 2009-03-23, 12:14   Link #106
Ryuou
進む道は武士道のみ

Location: Dying to get back to Japan (but currently near Chicago)
I'll be watching the game tonight. Go Japan!
Ryuou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 12:51   Link #107
Claude

Send a message via AIM to Claude Send a message via Yahoo to Claude
I was rooting for Japan to win last night just so that this epic match up could take place at the finals! My Korean blood is boiling! (not really. )
Claude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 13:31   Link #108
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-ring View Post
looks as if Korea and Japan is going against each other for the fifth (and final) time at this tournament.

First game Japan wins
Second game Korea wins
Third game Korea wins
Forth game Japan wins

I guess the last game tomorrow will settle all.
Seriously five times that is ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuou View Post
I'll be watching the game tonight. Go Japan!
GO Korea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude View Post
I was rooting for Japan to win last night just so that this epic match up could take place at the finals! My Korean blood is boiling! (not really. )
Really I don't know after having a match for four times it was getting tiresome and I am sure our Japanese brethren felt the same . And adding the fact that if we lose to Japan I would go on a rampage .
Old 2009-03-24, 00:09   Link #109
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

wow awesome; Korea just caught up from 3 to 2 loss at bottom of 9th at 2 outs to 3 to 3 to make it into extra inning. Oh the suspense is just crazy!!
Old 2009-03-24, 00:44   Link #110
Tri-ring
The Censor Bat

J-A-P-A-N is NO.1
Old 2009-03-24, 00:44   Link #111
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

FUCK!FUCK!FUCK!FUCK!FUCK!FUCK!FUCK!FUCK!FUCK!:frus trated:
Anyhow congratulation to Japan, and now I will go on my raging rampage:frustr ated::frustrat ed:

Next time we will come back and win.

Anyhow next time change the fucking format of this tournament or just make it Korea and Japan series.
Quote:
J-A-P-A-N is NO.1
For now my friend, Korea will get better and better and better, and next time we will return stronger as our baseball is growing at very rapid pace.
Old 2009-03-24, 00:59   Link #112
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

OMG. I'm so frusterated I still can't believe that the pitcher just didn't walk Ichiro in the 10th inning. I mean COME ON!!!!! Like there was an empty base, so why even risk it with Ichiro, someone who had such a successive night?!!! Just out the next hitter!! Jeez, I think Korea would've had a much better chance if it wasn't for that. Same with the error they had during the early inning. Such an unlikely mistake for them that cost a score. Ugh. I guess we can only hope for next WBC. We shall dethrone Japan, soon enough.
Old 2009-03-24, 01:08   Link #113
Ryuou
進む道は武士道のみ

Quote:
J-A-P-A-N is NO.1
日本!世界一!万歳~万歳~万歳!

Man, I'm tired, but really happy. Damn, that was a hard fought game. Korea is a scary team. Japan better keep getting better or they may indeed dethrone them next time.
Old 2009-03-24, 01:17   Link #114
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nochgo View Post
OMG. I'm so frusterated I still can't believe that the pitcher just didn't walk Ichiro in the 10th inning. I mean COME ON!!!!! Like there was an empty base, so why even risk it with Ichiro, someone who had such a successive night?!!! Just out the next hitter!! Jeez, I think Korea would've had a much better chance if it wasn't for that. Same with the error they had during the early inning. Such an unlikely mistake for them that cost a score. Ugh. I guess we can only hope for next WBC. We shall dethrone Japan, soon enough.
Yeah it was close game and we could have won it if it weren't for some of the mistakes we made. Oh well that is baseball I suppose, then again that is the reason I watch soccer instead of baseball. But still I wish we had Lee Seung Yeop, I think that would have made a huge difference. And it is quite amazing how much we grew, we have population of about 45million and not many kids play sports as their are told to study mostly and our baseball league is only 25years old compare Japan's 59years. From what I seen our future is bright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuou View Post
日本!世界一!万歳~万歳~万歳!

Man, I'm tired, but really happy. Damn, that was a hard fought game. Korea is a scary team.
Again congratulation and look forward to 2013 where our team will comeback stronger. Also thank you for respecting our team.
Old 2009-03-24, 01:34   Link #115
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Yes, congratulations to Japan. I do feel that they certainly earned it; they played some incredible baseball tonight.
Old 2009-03-24, 05:05   Link #116
Tri-ring
The Censor Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nochgo View Post
I give credit and respet to that pitcher, I can hear him yelling now as he pitches against Ichiro;
"I'm not going down as the winning pitcher when I evaded a direct match with Ichiro ! !"

" A hit by Ichiro to center field"

Sports in general is all about showing who is stronger/better so I think the pitcher did the natual thing, challenging Ichiro straight foward and I think people should respect that decision and not cuss about the result.
Old 2009-03-24, 08:54   Link #117
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Well, you have to look at it in the long shot. Sure, he didn't run away from the fight, but what did that cost? Most likely the world series campionship. I mean, sure, thats great and all that that pitcher didn't run away, but most people would've have much preferred to have won the match (which by the way would be extremely more better for the pitcher had we won, fame wise, unless he had stuck Ichiro out which of course didn't happen), than a fight between the two. What will he be remembered by most people now? Not a hero for fighting Ichiro, but a loser (loser for the lack of better word) for letting Ichiro hit that obvious double that cost the game.
Old 2009-03-24, 14:40   Link #118
ApostleOfGod
^.^

*In shambles, lost the will to live*

Lol I'm playin~

That was a GG between Korea and Japan, but remember, we're coming stronger next time! (hopefully)

One is to live life as if nothing is a miracle.

The other way is to live life as though everything is a miracle.
ApostleOfGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-24, 19:48   Link #119
Ryuou
進む道は武士道のみ

Haha, man. I think us Japan supporters may be outnumbered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
Again congratulation and look forward to 2013 where our team will comeback stronger. Also thank you for respecting our team.

Thanks and don't worry about it. You gotta be a good sport (both sides) when it comes to things like this or things can get ugly. And yeah, Korea is the single team I'm worried about for the next WBC. I'm still not sure whether or not the US will be serious about it next time. Japan knows what's coming though, and they should definitely improve too.
Old 2009-03-24, 20:12   Link #120
Claude

Send a message via AIM to Claude Send a message via Yahoo to Claude
That was quite an exciting game yesterday. We didn't win it, but we'll do even better next time.
Claude is offline   Reply With Quote