AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2011-08-25, 20:33   Link #161
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Oh, oh... Adrian Gonzalez just hit his fifth home run in three games. There was a lot of gnashing of teeth here in Beantown that A-Gone might have ruined his swing during the Home Run contest. Before the All-Star break he ranked first in RBI; in games played since he's fallen to T46.

In the last seven games, though, Gonzalez is second in RBI only to, wait for it..., Carl Crawford! Will the Red Sox substantial investment in Crawford finally start showing returns?

As I write this, we're leading the Rangers by 6-0 in the top of the fourth after outscoring them 24-7 in the past two outings. I've watched this offensive monster known as the Boston Red Sox quite often this season.

As always, it will come down to the pitching in the end. Sadly we'll probably see neither of our Japanese players for the remainder of 2011. Okajima is in Triple-A Pawtucket and might be called up, but Dice-K underwent "Tommy John" surgery in June.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2011-08-25 at 20:47.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-25, 21:24   Link #162
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

I'm not much of a MLB fan, but 3 grand slams!! Wow, Yankees ate their Wheaties today. Sad day for Oakland. blowing a 6 point lead.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote