AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2003-12-17, 03:13   Link #1
Quantum

Disappearing links

I kind of get the feeling that this is a silly question, but heck....

I've downloaded about 90% of the 2nd ep. for Saiyuki Reload, (there seem to be two different versions of it, so I d/led from Spectre Anime) however, now the link to the file on animesuki.com has been greyed out and the file on the host site (Spectre Anime) has disappeared.

However, sometimes a few seeds and leeches are listed on animesuki, even though the link is still greyed out.

I was using the 3.3 client to download the file, and I don't think that this version of BitTorrent creates a .torrent file. (Instead, it made an .avi file) So, what I need to know is, how can I resume the download and get the last 10% of the file? The only way I know so far is to go to the host site and click on the file from there, but if the file isn't listed, then how can I get it?
Quantum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-17, 04:10   Link #2
meingts

Not sure if you still need help, but...what it boils down to is that mircx is just weird that way *shrug*

Actually the torrents are still available for download, just they aren't linked. Look for the URL to the torrent to say Saiyuki Reload 6, and try tweaking it a bit =P at least this worked for the ep 1 torrent. When I checked the ep 2 torrent was available, like toward the bottom of the page.

If you already got a completed file, guess it's all good. I guess this would be for future reference?
meingts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-17, 04:44   Link #3
NightWish
Crushcrushcrush
*Administrator

Lightbulb

AnimeSuki will list seeds and leechers as long as the torrent is active on a tracker. It will grey out links after a short time (I forget exactly how long) if it can't find the links anymore. So, basically meingts is correct: The files are still there, they are just not listed on the front page anymore so AnimeSuki doesn't automatically find them. However you can work the URL out yourself, like so: [ 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 ]

In future, might I suggest you download the .torrent files and save them to your hard disk in a place you can find them again later. See the "How to get a .TORRENT file" thread to find out how. That way when you need to continue a download later you only need to double click on the file (no more searching for links, disappearing or otherwise).

Let me also point out that no version of the BitTorrent client has ever created .torrent files. The .torrent files are made with another utility -- to understand exactly how it works have a look at some of the sticky threads in the download help forum: How to get a .TORRENT file and BitTorrent Step-By-Step.
Old 2003-12-17, 04:48   Link #4
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum
I was using the 3.3 client to download the file, and I don't think that this version of BitTorrent creates a .torrent file. (Instead, it made an .avi file) So, what I need to know is, how can I resume the download and get the last 10% of the file? The only way I know so far is to go to the host site and click on the file from there, but if the file isn't listed, then how can I get it?
No version of BitTorrent creates a .torrent file. If you want a torrent file, you have to right-click on the link and choose "Save as..." You can practice on the link below if you want.

http://www.mircx.com/bt/[SpA]_Saiyuk...d).avi.torrent

Edit: NightWish beat me to the reply. Oh well...

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-17, 06:19   Link #5
Quantum

First of all, thanks a lot guys, for clearing this little problem up as well as for the advice on downloading. (Didn't know that you could still download even if link isn't on the 'front page', as meingts and NightWish said) (Also went straight to the Step-by-Step thread and forgot to 'save as..' so I was wondering how you 'start off' with a .torrent file)

I have another question though. If, for example, I have a completed file and I want to share the file with others, how do I go about doing this? Do I just add .torrent to the end of the completed file?
Old 2003-12-17, 07:21   Link #6
Flash_Squirrel
F&C Fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to Flash_Squirrel Send a message via AIM to Flash_Squirrel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum
I have another question though. If, for example, I have a completed file and I want to share the file with others, how do I go about doing this? Do I just add .torrent to the end of the completed file?
Hmm... No, you have to pick your older torrent file, (the 15/30k one, not the full file) because it has all the directives and the informations for the tracker, while the .avi file is just a plain audio/video file.
Old 2003-12-17, 08:25   Link #7
Quantum

Ok, thanks Flash_Squirrel.