AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-04-22, 19:12   Link #201
solarknight123

Man, i can't believe even though it's released today i have to wait till tomorrow to get it. Oh well, i suppose i can wait one more day to get it. BTW, does anyone have a pic of what Orpheus Kai looks like? And speaking of persona, can anyone tell me what this weird persona is and wheither you get it in P3 regular or Fes?
Spoiler for NSFW:
Old 2008-04-22, 19:16   Link #202
digi.amuro

That's Mara and he's in FES, raw reel and uncut.
Old 2008-04-22, 19:40   Link #203
Kagedanji
Doughy goodness. I think.

Mara coincidentally was "Penis" in Japanese, so they gave it that design for the lulz. Being a penis has nothing to do with the creature's history.

Orpheus Kai is simply a recolor of Orpheus, except the suit may be slightly different. The suit is red, his face is white, and his hair is blonde, from what I can remember.

Other than the sweet addition of Orpheus Kai, they extend on the Chidori ark in the main story, add extra endings to completed social links at the end of the game, have extra requests which involve dating Elizabeth, and Aegis is a social link, though I don't believe that the two are arcana social links, they're only there for kicks.

There are tons of other stuff they slipped into the main story, one of them being that you could take Koromaru for walks. I can't remember anything else.
Kagedanji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-22, 22:25   Link #204
MeganeShounen
Huh?

FES Extras? Let's see...

There's more stuff to do in the Shrine, namely... you can now ask for blessings at the Inari Shrine(?), which affects a lot of things like less stamina drain during Tartarus raids, stat boosts, etc. The catch is that you use up the whole evening though...

You can now also use Weapon Synthesis, which could give you way better weapons than you can normally get (even compared to the Monad Depth-only weapons). But in order to make a l33t weapon, you'd need one of those special "base weapons". And if you've been pampering your Persona Compedium, you can "junction" certain Persona to a weapon to make a mythical weapon of your choice.

Example: Surt's Laevatein (sword), Metatron's Metatronius (cannon), Gae Bolg (spear), etc.

Let's not forget about the extra FES-only Personae, like the aforementioned Orpheus Custom, Slime (Dragon Quest slime), and Mara. Man, what were they thinking when they made that one...
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-22, 22:30   Link #205
solarknight123

Quote:
Originally Posted by digi.amuro View Post
That's Mara and he's in FES, raw reel and uncut.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagedanji View Post
Mara coincidentally was "Penis" in Japanese, so they gave it that design for the lulz. Being a penis has nothing to do with the creature's history.

Orpheus Kai is simply a recolor of Orpheus, except the suit may be slightly different. The suit is red, his face is white, and his hair is blonde, from what I can remember.

Other than the sweet addition of Orpheus Kai, they extend on the Chidori ark in the main story, add extra endings to completed social links at the end of the game, have extra requests which involve dating Elizabeth, and Aegis is a social link, though I don't believe that the two are arcana social links, they're only there for kicks.

There are tons of other stuff they slipped into the main story, one of them being that you could take Koromaru for walks. I can't remember anything else.
Thanks for the info So the reason they made the creature look like a penis is simply because of it's name? That's just too funny. If i were the MC, i'd worry about having a persona like that.
Old 2008-04-22, 23:33   Link #206
Kagedanji

Mara will defeat Nyx ten times over.
Old 2008-04-23, 06:13   Link #207
solarknight123

Quote:
Mara will defeat Nyx ten times over.
Wow, can't wait to have him in my party. So will he and orpheus kai both be able to defeat the hidden boss
Spoiler for hidden boss:
Old 2008-04-23, 10:52   Link #208
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Compared to the secret boss, Nyx is just a pansy. Nyx only has Arcana Shift and his steadily increasing HP cap to hide behind from anyway.

Spoiler:
Old 2008-04-23, 12:35   Link #209
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganeShounen View Post
Compared to the secret boss, Nyx is just a pansy. Nyx only has Arcana Shift and his steadily increasing HP cap to hide behind from anyway.

Spoiler:
That's in my mind one of the many problems in most RPG's. To get the most awesome thing you have kill something stronger then the main storyline boss. Which renders the item pointless. Though it is a nice prize, but pointless nonetheless.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 16:29   Link #210
Kagedanji

I want to see Elizabeth kill Margaret and take over the limo in P4.
Old 2008-04-23, 19:24   Link #211
solarknight123

Quote:
I want to see Elizabeth kill Margaret and take over the limo in P4.
So wait, that woman in the velvet limo(funny name) isn't elizabeth taken a new form?
Old 2008-04-23, 20:04   Link #212
Kagedanji

She said her name was Margaret. I still prefer Liz over Marge.
Old 2008-04-24, 07:31   Link #213
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon View Post
That's in my mind one of the many problems in most RPG's. To get the most awesome thing you have kill something stronger then the main storyline boss. Which renders the item pointless. Though it is a nice prize, but pointless nonetheless.
I present to you... The Infinity Plus One Sword.

It happens more often than you think.

Also, it wouldn't have hurt to give Messiah better skills... Megidolaon just doesn't cut it against Lucifer's Spell Master-boosted Morning Star. Or to Mix Raid Armageddon, for that matter. Then again, you can still spend a lot of time fusing a lot of different Personae to get a Messiah with a better skillset.
Old 2008-04-24, 09:42   Link #214
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

Send a message via Skype™ to Leon_Lelouch
The hidden boss is Elizabeth, right?
Or is there any new boss from FES??
Ughh... What's with that Mara...
Even though it's name has the meaning as pen*s, why it's form must be like that too...-_-
@MeganeShounen
Yeah... I think Messiah's skill is too weak...
It still many times weaker than Satan or Lucifer...
Leon_Lelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 09:46   Link #215
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon_Lelouch View Post
The hidden boss is Elizabeth, right?
Or is there any new boss from FES??
Ughh... What's with that Mara...
Even though it's name has the meaning as pen*s, why it's form must be like that too...-_-
@MeganeShounen
Yeah... I think Messiah's skill is too weak...
It still many times weaker than Satan or Lucifer...
Yes, the hidden boss is Elizabeth.

I don't think that there are any new hidden bosses for FES... unless you count...
Spoiler:
Old 2008-04-24, 16:48   Link #216
solarknight123

Say, how long befor there will be online guides for Fes?
Old 2008-04-24, 22:13   Link #217
Kagedanji

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganeShounen View Post
Yes, the hidden boss is Elizabeth.

I don't think that there are any new hidden bosses for FES... unless you count...
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2008-04-24, 22:17   Link #218
Dove

I finally have FEs. My life is now complete. ^_^
Dove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 22:26   Link #219
Kagedanji

It will be broken again once you finish it, because you will be in need of P4.
Old 2008-04-27, 08:01   Link #220
Dove

;_; Eh, don't remind me and P4 looks and sounds so cool.
Dove is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jrpg, ps2