AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2006-03-11, 12:34   Link #1
koishii

Send a message via MSN to koishii
Question NANA - Live Action Movie

I haven't read any of the NANA manga (yet), so my question is: Will watching the NANA movie ruin anything big for the manga?
koishii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-11, 13:51   Link #2
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
NANA movie spans about 4 volumes out of 14 (15 now?). It's just an introduction...
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-11, 17:30   Link #3
IMSabbel

any news how many episodes tha anime (that starts in 4 weeks) will have and how much of the manga it will span?
IMSabbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-11, 17:36   Link #4
Paper Lilies

Send a message via AIM to Paper Lilies
I think it's up to the fifth volume of the manga so far, actually. I could be wrong.
Paper Lilies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-11, 18:02   Link #5
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

I just checked and yeah, you are right.

The ending of the movie is the middle of volume 5. Although they did skip some stuff in the beginning of vol. 1.

BTW, supposedly, Nana 2 is being made as well.

As for the anime, I was somewhat worried at first, after looking at the website (the character designs were meh), but this spread lifted my spirits up. The anime looks promising.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-03-16, 06:21   Link #6
*happyberry*
FASHION WARP!

I don't think it'll spoil things that much watching the movie first. So I would say go ahead & watch it if you want.
*happyberry* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-16, 18:37   Link #7
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I always knew from when i first read the manga in Shojo Beat, that it was a story mean't for the big screen, the level of emotion & drama goes well with the real life actors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet
BTW, supposedly, Nana 2 is being made as well.
Thats something i wouldn't mind, its good to see the story in three different formats - can't wait for the anime. ^^
Old 2006-03-24, 11:45   Link #8
Amy-sama
Anime Epicurean

I just watched the movie.. I laughed and I cried..
It's a really good J-drama. I think the actors had good chemistry together, and gelled well.

I'll try the anime when it comes out too.

*goes to watch it again*

In process: BLEACH, Bus Gamer, Code Geass R,D.Gray-man, Eyeshield 21, Ghost Hound, Itazura na kiss, Kyou Kara Maou R, MaR, Nabari no Ou, Naruto, Persona ~trinity soul~,Special A, Straight Jactket, xxxHolic:Kei.
Amy-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 13:45   Link #9
newmiyamoto
Fansubber

At least mention where you got it from ffs!

Just because only one group has done it so far (another groups version should be out soon) doesn't mean you shouldn't mention the group.
newmiyamoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 14:11   Link #10
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmiyamoto
At least mention where you got it from ffs!

Just because only one group has done it so far (another groups version should be out soon) doesn't mean you shouldn't mention the group.
It's listed on AnimeSuki so it's not exactly a secret.

Nana - Live Action
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 17:49   Link #11
Blablabla
Zetsubo-sensei daaaaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by koishii
I haven't read any of the NANA manga (yet), so my question is: Will watching the NANA movie ruin anything big for the manga?
Don't watch it. The movie sucks and the actors are as good as ill ducks (except the girl who plays Hachi).
Blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 23:41   Link #12
Paper Lilies

Send a message via AIM to Paper Lilies
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blablabla
Don't watch it. The movie sucks and the actors are as good as ill ducks (except the girl who plays Hachi).

How do you figure? At least give sufficiant reasoning! I really enjoyed the acting, expecially the actress who plays the lead singer in Trapnet. (That IS Ren's new band's name, right?)
Paper Lilies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-25, 05:30   Link #13
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

I liked the actors quite a bit myself. Especially Mika Nakashima and the guy who played Nobu.

Now, there was a lot of wood channelling from two guys who played Ren and Shin (they seemed to just constantly stare with no expression at all), but others made up for this with quite a lot of expressivity. 8)
Old 2006-03-25, 22:31   Link #14
Amy-sama
Anime Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper Lilies
I really enjoyed the acting, expecially the actress who plays the lead singer in Trapnet. (That IS Ren's new band's name, right?)
The lead singer of Trapnet (Reira Serizawa) is played by Yuna Ito, who is quiet the singer in her own right.

In process: BLEACH, Bus Gamer, Code Geass R,D.Gray-man, Eyeshield 21, Ghost Hound, Itazura na kiss, Kyou Kara Maou R, MaR, Nabari no Ou, Naruto, Persona ~trinity soul~,Special A, Straight Jactket, xxxHolic:Kei.
Amy-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-25, 23:57   Link #15
Noodlehead
Noodlehead is not edible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyMay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper Lilies
I really enjoyed the acting, expecially the actress who plays the lead singer in Trapnet. (That IS Ren's new band's name, right?)
The lead singer of Trapnet (Reira Serizawa) is played by Yuna Ito, who is quiet the singer in her own right.
I'm pretty sure it's TRAPNEST.

~ Noodlehead
Noodlehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-01, 00:34   Link #16
bluemist
i am the mist

I watched this movie recently.

Admittedly for me, Mika Nakashima acted a little bit bland. I dunno if it's because of the supposedly moody Nana character she portrays, but whenever she (Mika) tries to laugh or smile it's more pretentious than real. The moody or dark parts, she fits in perfectly though.

Nevertheless, a good movie. I enjoyed it very much.
Old 2006-04-09, 20:38   Link #17
musicgal

confused

hihi folks

just dropping by to say hi .

erm just curious is nana live action movie related to nana episode 1 which was just release in torrent? animesuki?

story about two ppl who has the same name or smth.. do tell me whether it's nice so that i will download.. hehe
Old 2006-04-09, 21:47   Link #18
EricMontreal22

Yeah they're both based on the same manga
EricMontreal22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 03:39   Link #19
EricMontreal22

Could someone help me out? my version of this movie has the wrong aspect ratio by accident--basically it's stretched out to fit a regular old style tv screen with no black bars, so everyone is VERY tall. I can re-encode it into standard 1:85 (i think that's the number) aspect like most HDTV shows are or in full 2.51:1 (I think that's right) or "full widescreen".

Can someone please let me know which aspect ratio is right? it'
s hard to tell by sampling both
EricMontreal22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-24, 11:32   Link #20
mippa
Mahou Shoujo~!

Send a message via AIM to mippa Send a message via MSN to mippa Send a message via Yahoo to mippa
i just thought I would pop in and add my two cents, as I was able to see NANA in theatres here in Japan last October.

I actually thought the movie was fantastic. Given, now that I am watching the anime and reading the manga I can understand why the die-hards are bad-mouthing it, but I believe they are expecting too much from a movie ADAPTATION.

I thought Nakashima Mika was the spitting image of Oosaki, even if her acting was slightly stale in parts, I really liked how understated she was. Ren left a bit to be desired, though I really felt the pain he was feeling during the TRAPNEST performance of "Endless Story" (you can see him blinking back the tears!!!) I love Yuna Ito and she was actually the reason I saw the movie in the first place-- because I LOVED the single.

Hachi was all kinds of cute--but Nobu was what did it for me. The train scene during the Endless Story flashback was just killer for me.
mippa is offline   Reply With Quote